NATION

PASSWORD

Olivia de Havilland, Star of ‘Gone With the Wind,’ Dies

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Olivia de Havilland, Star of ‘Gone With the Wind,’ Dies

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:54 pm

Robert Berkvist in The New York Times wrote:Olivia de Havilland, a Star of ‘Gone With the Wind,’ Dies at 104
Ms. de Havilland, a classic Hollywood beauty, built an illustrious film career punctuated by a successful fight to loosen studios’ grip on actors.

Olivia de Havilland, an actress who gained movie immortality in “Gone With the Wind,” then built an illustrious film career, punctuated by a successful fight to loosen the studios’ grip on contract actors, died on Sunday at her home in Paris. She was 104 and one of the last surviving stars of Hollywood’s fabled Golden Age.

Her death was confirmed by her publicist Lisa Goldberg.

Ms. de Havilland was both a classic Hollywood beauty and an honored screen actress whose very name and bearing suggested membership in a kind of aristocracy of moviedom. Though she was typecast early in her career as the demure ingénue, she went on to earn meatier roles that led to five Academy Award nominations, two of which brought her the Oscar, for “To Each His Own” (1946) and “The Heiress” (1949).

Those roles came to her in no small part because of the resolve she showed when she stood up to the studios and won a battle that helped push Hollywood into the modern era, surprising the movie moguls, who may not have expected such steel in an actress so softly attractive and, at 5-foot-3, so unintimidatingly petite.

She had shown similar grit a decade earlier, in her breakthrough role, when she held her own against her formidable co-stars — Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh and Leslie Howard — in “Gone With the Wind.”

The 1939 Civil War epic was briefly pulled from the HBO Max streaming service last month and returned with an introduction saying that the film presents the Georgia plantation at its center as “a world of grace and beauty, without acknowledging the brutalities of the system of chattel slavery upon which this world is based.”

As Melanie Hamilton Wilkes, the fiancée and then wife of Mr. Howard’s Ashley Wilkes, she brought intelligence and grace to her portrait of a woman whose shy, forgiving, almost too kindly nature stood in sharp contrast to the often venomous jealousy of her high-spirited sister-in-law, Scarlett O’Hara (Ms. Leigh).

Ms. de Havilland’s performance led to an Oscar nomination as best supporting actress, though the award went to another member of the cast, Hattie McDaniel, who played Mammy, Scarlett’s housekeeper. (Ms. Leigh won in the best-actress category.)

Ms. de Havilland was under contract to Warner Bros. when the film’s original director, George Cukor, working for MGM, invited her to audition for the role of Melanie. (He was later replaced by Victor Fleming.) After getting the part, she had to plead with her studio boss, Jack Warner, to lend her to the MGM production, which was being overseen by David O. Selznick.

By then she had established herself at Warner as a familiar heroine in some 20 films and had begun a long collaboration with the prolific director Michael Curtiz, encompassing nine films. Most notable was a string of action features and costume dramas opposite the dashing Errol Flynn, among them “Captain Blood” (1935), “The Charge of the Light Brigade” (1936) and “The Adventures of Robin Hood” (1938), in which she played Maid Marian.

Ms. de Havilland and Flynn were such a popular onscreen couple that rumors flew of an on-set romance, fueled in part by Flynn’s reputation for bedding his co-stars and reports that he was infatuated with her. By all accounts there was no truth to the whisperings of an affair, though some years later Ms. de Havilland admitted to having had “a great crush” on Flynn and suggested that “circumstances at the time” — he was married when they met — stood in the way of a romance.

“So naughty and so charming,” she said of him.

Warner had signed Ms. de Havilland to a seven-year contract in 1935 on the strength of her performance that year as Hermia, the defiant daughter who resists an arranged marriage, in Max Reinhardt’s film adaptation of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.” (The year before, she had made her professional stage acting debut in the same role in a Hollywood Bowl production by Reinhardt.)

After her success in “Gone With the Wind,” Ms. de Havilland returned to Warner with the expectation of more challenging roles. For the most part, they did not materialize.

One exception was “Hold Back the Dawn” (1941), in which she played an American schoolteacher who is seduced in Mexico by a wily European exile (Charles Boyer). Her performance earned her another Oscar nomination, but this time she lost to her sister, Joan Fontaine, who won for “Suspicion.” The two were rarely on speaking terms after that. (They are the only sisters to win best-actress Academy Awards, and their sibling rivalry was called the fiercest in Hollywood history.)

The formula roles kept coming. When Ms. de Havilland complained, she was told that she had been hired because she photographed well and that she wasn’t required to act.

The studio had misread her determination. She began to refuse roles she considered inferior. Warner retaliated by suspending her several times, for a total of six months, and, after her contract expired, insisting that because of the suspensions she was still the studio’s property for six more months.

Ms. de Havilland sued. The case dragged on for a year and a half but David finally beat Goliath when the California Supreme Court upheld a lower-court ruling in her favor in 1945. What became known as the de Havilland decision established that a studio could not arbitrarily extend the duration of an actor’s contract.

When she resumed her career, Ms. de Havilland appeared in four films in rapid succession, all released in 1946. In one, “The Dark Mirror,” she played twins, one good and one evil. In her Oscar-winning performance in “To Each His Own,” she was an unwed mother who must give up her infant son when his father, her lover, a World War I flying ace, is killed in action.

Ms. de Havilland soon took on one of her most demanding roles, that of a young bride who becomes mentally ill and is sent to an institution, in “The Snake Pit” (1948). The film, directed by Anatol Litvak, was an unflinching study of mental illness and the treatments available then, from narcotics to electroshock. Ms. de Havilland was nominated for a best-actress Oscar but did not win.

She captured her second Oscar the next year with “The Heiress,” directed by William Wyler and adapted by Ruth and Augustus Goetz from their Broadway play based on Henry James’s “Washington Square.” Ms. de Havilland presented an affecting portrait of a repressed, spinsterish young woman dominated by her rigidly protective father (Ralph Richardson).

It was one of Ms. de Havilland’s favorite roles. “The films I loved,” she said in 1964, “the great loves, are ‘The Snake Pit,’ ‘The Heiress’ and, of course, ‘Gone With the Wind.’”

But she did not love Hollywood, and in the 1950s she startled the town when she abandoned it to live in Paris with a new husband, though she kept her American citizenship.

“For Olivia,” William Stadiem wrote in a profile of her in Vanity Fair magazine in 2016, “there was a whiff of decay and disappointment about Hollywood.”

Olivia Mary de Havilland was born on July 1, 1916, to British parents in Tokyo, where her father, Walter, a cousin of the aviation pioneer Sir Geoffrey de Havilland, ran a firm of patent lawyers, though he was not a lawyer himself. In 1919 her mother, the former Lillian Ruse, an elocution teacher, moved with Olivia and Joan, her younger sister by 15 months, to Saratoga, Calif., near San Francisco. The de Havillands divorced and Lillian married George M. Fontaine, a department store executive, whose surname Joan later took as her stage name.

Ms. de Havilland was married twice. Both marriages ended in divorce. The first, in 1946, was to Marcus Aurelius Goodrich, a Texas-born novelist, screenwriter and journalist; they had a son, Benjamin, and divorced in 1952. She married Pierre Galante, the author of military histories and at one point editor of the magazine Paris Match, in 1955 after the couple met in France. They moved to Paris, had a daughter, Gisele, and divorced in 1979. Ms. de Havilland’s son died of Hodgkin’s disease in 1991.

Before she was married, Ms. de Havilland had romantic relationships with James Stewart, Howard Hughes and the director John Huston, with whom she reunited for a time after her first divorce. By her account she also turned away a smitten young John F. Kennedy, who was visiting Hollywood after his PT-boat service in World War II.

She is survived by her daughter, Giselle Galante Chulack. Joan Fontaine died in 2013 at 96.

Though she had decamped to Paris, Ms. de Havilland remained a creature of Hollywood for most of her career. But she did try her hand at theater again, making her Broadway debut in 1951, to good reviews, as Juliet in a short-lived production of “Romeo and Juliet.”

She returned to Broadway in 1952 for another brief run in Shaw’s “Candida” and was last seen there in 1962, when she starred with Henry Fonda in “A Gift of Time,” adapted by Garson Kanin from Lael Tucker Wertenbaker’s book “Death of a Man,” about the last days of the author’s husband, Charles, who died of cancer.

The movies kept calling, however. In 1952 she starred in “My Cousin Rachel,” based on the best-selling novel by Daphne du Maurier. She played the bride of an older man, and Richard Burton, in his Hollywood debut, played the son who thinks his attractive new stepmother may be capable of murder.

By the time she traveled to Italy to film “The Light in the Piazza” (1962), in which she played the protective mother of a beautiful but mentally impaired young woman (Yvette Mimieux), Ms. de Havilland had appeared in some 40 movies and was living in semiretirement in Paris. She also published a book in 1962, a collection of lighthearted observations about life in France titled “Every Frenchman Has One.”

Ms. de Havilland made only a handful of films after that. She was in her mid-40s by then, receiving fewer acting offers and finding many scripts too prurient for her tastes.

One she liked, however, was “Hush … Hush, Sweet Charlotte” (1964), which gave her the opportunity to co-star with Bette Davis, another Hollywood legend nearing the end of her career.

The film, a weaker echo of the similarly gothic Bette Davis-Joan Crawford melodrama, “What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?,” tells the tale of an increasingly demented woman (Ms. Davis) and a scheming relative who comes to live with her (Ms. de Havilland, who replaced Ms. Crawford after filming began).

From the mid-60s onward, Ms. de Havilland’s acting was largely confined to sporadic roles in television series like “The Love Boat”; television movies like “The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana” (1982), in which she played the Queen Mother; and mini-series like “Roots: The Next Generation” (1979). Her work in the 1986 NBC mini-series “Anastasia: The Mystery of Anna,” in which she played a Russian empress, brought her a Golden Globe Award and an Emmy nomination.

In 1965 she became the first woman to head the jury at the Cannes Film Festival.

She returned to feature films only occasionally, among them the hugely successful 1977 disaster movie “Airport ’77,” in which she joined a ensemble cast of veteran actors. Her last Hollywood film was “The Fifth Musketeer” (1979), in which she played the mother of Louis XIV (Beau Bridges).

But even when she was well into her 80s, she had not entirely given up the idea of returning to the spotlight. She was a presenter at the Academy Awards in 2003. She narrated “I Remember Better When I Paint,” a 2009 documentary about the positive impact of art therapy on people with Alzheimer’s disease.

In Paris, Ms. de Havilland had lived in a five-story townhouse, built around 1880, since 1958 (in recent years next door to the former French president Valéry Giscard d’Estaing), all the while never missing Hollywood, she said.

“I loved being around real buildings, real castles, real churches — not ones made of canvas,” she told Vanity Fair.

She maintained an active lifestyle there into her second century, defying her advancing years.

“Olivia doesn’t seem 99,” Mr. Stadiem wrote in his 2016 Vanity Fair profile. “Her face is unlined, her eyes sparkling, her fabled contralto soaring (only Orson Welles had an equally imposing instrument), her memory photographic. She could easily pass for someone decades younger.”

She was in the news — and in court — once again in 2018, when she sued the FX network and Ryan Murphy Productions over her portrayal by Catherine Zeta-Jones in the mini-series “Feud: Bette and Joan,” about the rivalry between Davis and Crawford.

She maintained that her portrayal constituted unauthorized use of her name and likeness and showed her in “a false light” as a hypocrite “with a public image of being a lady and a private one as a vulgarity-using gossip.” A California appellate court dismissed the suit, ruling that the portrayal was “not highly offensive to a reasonable person as a matter of law.”

Ms. de Havilland’s readings of scripture on Christmas and Easter at the American Cathedral, on the Avenue George V, became annual events in Paris. In 2010, Nicolas Sarkozy, then the president of France, awarded her the Légion d’Honneur. And her association with a distant era of Hollywood glamour made her a living legend in her adopted city.

In 1999 she was honored with a party in Paris to celebrate the 60th anniversary of “Gone With the Wind.” At one point, one of the hosts recalled, with a glass in hand, she toasted the film and its leading actors, reminding the room that she was the last one still standing.

“Let us raise a mint julep to our stars,” she proclaimed, “on that great veranda in the sky!”
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:56 pm

I have the perfect quote for this. But it would be in terrible taste to use it... :unsure:
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:I have the perfect quote for this. But it would be in terrible taste to use it... :unsure:

You wouldn't want the second sentence in your signature to come true.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:15 pm

104 years, that's a solid run. I find it kind of interesting that she played the only major character in Gone With the Wind who died in the film/novel but outlived all of her fellow cast members.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:17 pm

Vetalia wrote:104 years, that's a solid run. I find it kind of interesting that she played the only major character in Gone With the Wind who died in the film/novel but outlived all of her fellow cast members.

And the crew, probably, and everyone else.

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:20 pm

Farnhamia wrote:And the crew, probably, and everyone else.

104 years is a long, long time for sure. I've often wondered what it was like for people who have lived for that long with the sheer pace of cultural/social/technological change that went on during the 20th century...nothing like it before or since.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:48 pm

Oh wow, I didnt realise she was still alive. I once had a papillon who was named Arabella after the character de Haviland played in Captain Blood :) I also remember her as Maid Marion, so for me she will always be remembered as the ingenue playing against Errol Flynns swashbuckling hero, a true beauty of her era...

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:06 pm

Wow, I didn't know she was still around, kinda dumb of me to have made assumptions I suppose. What an icon and trailblazer, that's saddening.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:11 pm

Anyone who makes 100 has my utmost respect. Making 90 means good genes, but 100 means taking good care of yourself as well.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:23 pm

RIP, Ms. de Havilland.

Another star from the pantheon of the Golden Age of Hollywood has fallen. :(
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

MC United
Envoy

Founded: Jan 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby MC United » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:03 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Anyone who makes 100 has my utmost respect. Making 90 means good genes, but 100 means taking good care of yourself as well.

I had just read about her a couple of weeks ago in one of the supermarket tabloids. She was still taking legal action to protect her rights. She was a fighter right up to the end. Rest in peace.

And what an amazing career. I liked her in "Robin Hood" the best. "Gone with the Wind" was a great movie, but I think Melanie was too perfect (here I think it's the script and the director that are the problem, not her performance).

As for making 100, my dad's 99 going on 100, and I should be lucky to get anywhere near that far. He's taken great care of himself and he's the calmest guy you'll ever meet.
"I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly." -- Michel de Montaigne

"A woman is only a woman, but a good Cigar is a Smoke." -- Kipling

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." -- Ecclesiastes 10:2.

Dresderstan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 18, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Dresderstan » Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:50 pm

RIP but damn 104, I didn't realize she lived that long tbh, I'm both saddened and amazed.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:51 pm

What a shame. Here's hoping her family finds peace.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:16 pm

Frankly my dear, I do give a damn :(

RIP.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Yellow Emperor
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Yellow Emperor » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:05 pm

RIP... Gone with the Wind was a great film to watch, during the isolation. The actors did an amazing job with the film especially herself! Amazed to how she lived up to 104 years old, is quite impressive! :(

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:15 am

Here's Dame Olivia in glorious Technicolor at the age of 22 admiring Errol Flynn's... archery; yes, his archery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3hDAaxHNjs

I'll remember her for that rather than the somewhat more problematic Gone With the Wind; though she deserves to be remembered as a much, much better actress than either role might superficially suggest (The Dark Mirror - where she had to play twins with 1946-era special effects - may be her best achievement). And of course, she'll always be remembered for breaking the Hollywood studio system's contract system for actors by challenging Warner's attempt to maintain exclusive control of her contract - the resulting ruling still known as the 'de Havilland Decision'.

Finally, the New York Times obituary mentions her Legion d'Honneur, but fails to mention that she was the oldest woman ever to be knighted. De Havilland never surrendered her British citizenship, and the Queen made her a Dame in June 2017, when she was just shy of her 101st birthday; she couldn't travel to London to receive the knighthood in person, so the British Ambassador to France went to her Paris apartment the next year for the formal presentation to Dame Olivia (as she should therefore be called by us Brits). Though a couple of months shy of 102 at the time, she insisted that she should be photographed upright for the occasion:

Incidentally, one point that often slips modern viewers of The Adventures of Robin Hood is that the archery shots are real; there was no CGI, of course. Though some clever cutting obscures that the professional archer was much closer to the target than the film characters, and it's likely that the first arrow had been gently doctored to make the task easier, he really did have to split one arrow right down the middle with a second arrow.
Last edited by The Archregimancy on Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:31 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:Here's Dame Olivia in glorious Technicolor at the age of 22 admiring Errol Flynn's... archery; yes, his archery:

I'll remember her for that rather than the somewhat more problematic Gone With the Wind; though she deserves to be remembered as a much, much better actress than either role might superficially suggest (The Dark Mirror - where she had to play twins with 1946-era special effects - may be her best achievement). And of course, she'll always be remembered for breaking the Hollywood studio system's contract system for actors by challenging Warner's attempt to maintain exclusive control of her contract - the resulting ruling still known as the 'de Havilland Decision'.

Finally, the New York Times obituary mentions her Legion d'Honneur, but fails to mention that she was the oldest woman ever to be knighted. De Havilland never surrendered her British citizenship, and the Queen made her a Dame in June 2017, when she was just shy of her 101st birthday; she couldn't travel to London to receive the knighthood in person, so the British Ambassador to France went to her Paris apartment the next year for the formal presentation to Dame Olivia (as she should therefore be called by us Brits). Though a couple of months shy of 102 at the time, she insisted that she should be photographed upright for the occasion:

Incidentally, one point that often slips modern viewers of The Adventures of Robin Hood is that the archery shots are real; there was no CGI, of course. Though some clever cutting obscures that the professional archer was much closer to the target than the film characters, and it's likely that the first arrow had been gently doctored to make the task easier, he really did have to split one arrow right down the middle with a second arrow.

Partially right:

One of the stuntmen on Robin Hood, Buster Wiles, tells us how they did it. The special effects crew launched an arrow down a wire into a hollow arrow, which split nicely all the way down. If you ever get to see the 1938 version of Robin Hood projected from an original 35mm print you can see what seems to be the wire leading off to the left of the screen.

http://www.goldengatejoad.com/2012/07/h ... yH3nyhKhPY
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:43 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:Here's Dame Olivia in glorious Technicolor at the age of 22 admiring Errol Flynn's... archery; yes, his archery:

Partially right:

One of the stuntmen on Robin Hood, Buster Wiles, tells us how they did it. The special effects crew launched an arrow down a wire into a hollow arrow, which split nicely all the way down. If you ever get to see the 1938 version of Robin Hood projected from an original 35mm print you can see what seems to be the wire leading off to the left of the screen.

That may have been contrived (and cleverly), the fencing of Sir Guy of Gisbourne - Basil Rathbone - was unadulterated. Rathbone was twice the fencing champion of the British Army during WW1 and often had to "fence down" in the movies.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:33 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Partially right:

That may have been contrived (and cleverly), the fencing of Sir Guy of Gisbourne - Basil Rathbone - was unadulterated. Rathbone was twice the fencing champion of the British Army during WW1 and often had to "fence down" in the movies.

Oh so true. Flynn was known to be a swordsman and I read somewhere where production had issues because people where enthralled watching them go at it. They were well synchronized as one comment I remember "it was like watching Fred Astaire and Ginger Rodgers"
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Archregimancy
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:01 am

The Black Forrest wrote:
Partially right:

LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Now excuse me while I go and write a letter to the Easter Bunny.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:35 am

May you Rest In Peace, you fabulous lady.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008

Postby The Rich Port » Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Bah, Gone With the Wind, successful as it was, was most certainly a minor highlight in Dame Olivia's life, IMO, my problems with it notwithstanding.

She was a marvelous lady and the world is poorer from her passing. I wanna thank her personally for her fight for Hollywood actors against the studio corporations.

My favorite movie of hers was The Heiress :3
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General