NATION

PASSWORD

Taiwan: Chinese Sending Military Planes "Almost Daily"

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:14 am

Anti-Westernism and anti-colonialism were extensively used by Imperial Japan to bring in their own brand of colonialism.

Ironic.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:15 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Considering what you've posted in this thread alone and other threads relating to the issue of national security, I can confirm that they are well reasoned, un-paranoid statements.
2. That is correct, it's closer to Nazi Germany atm.
3. I'm sure India, Tibet, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Brunei, and The Philippines would agree with this assessment.
4. So they do want to be like Imperial Japan?
5. Genocide and nationwide rape ain't sinister, got it.
6. Yeah, well, economically China owns the whole world.

Actually I think the points Purp raised were the exact same ones Tokyo used to justify the original GEACP, plus the anti-Westernism ofc. <.>

Remember, colonialism is only bad when Europe or North America does it.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:16 am

Picairn wrote:Anti-Westernism and anti-colonialism were extensively used by Imperial Japan to bring in their own brand of colonialism.

Ironic.

But don't you understand? It was for the good of All Asia that Japan had to Rape Korea, China, Philippines, most of the Western Pacific Rim...
/SARCASM
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:18 am

New haven america wrote:
Purpelia wrote:What they want is security from external threats and prosperity for their social, political and economic system. Everything any nation wants. China is not some sort of evil empire hell bent on conquering the world. That's the americans.

The irony in this statement being America is totally equipped to conquer the world but is voluntarily choosing not to do so.

Oh,really?It seems that they are only pretending to exert great strength in North Korea and Vietnam
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:19 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:But don't you understand? It was for the good of All Asia...
/SARCASM

"Liberating Asians from Western colonialism by raping, enslaving, starving, experimenting on them 'till death!"

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:21 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
New haven america wrote:The irony in this statement being America is totally equipped to conquer the world but is voluntarily choosing not to do so.

Oh,really?It seems that they are only pretending to exert great strength in North Korea and Vietnam

The only thing America is doing vis a vis North Korea is preventing the hermit Neo-Confucian Kingdom from dropping an atom bomb on Seoul in response to the South Korean liberation attempt.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:21 am

New haven america wrote:The irony in this statement being America is totally equipped to conquer the world but is voluntarily choosing not to do so.

North Korea only exists because at the last minute China entered the war and almost lost anyway and Vietnam is predicted to have only lasted 2 years at most if the US actually went to war officially with N. Vietnam.

Also, North Korea is so militarily primitive that they're still using USSR fighter planes from the 60's and can't even scramble properly without getting into at least 2 crashes.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:24 am

New haven america wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:Oh,really?It seems that they are only pretending to exert great strength in North Korea and Vietnam

North Korea only exists because at the last minute China entered the war and almost lost anyway and Vietnam is predicted to have only lasted 2 years at most if the US actually went to war officially with N. Vietnam.

Also, North Korea is so militarily primitive that they're still using USSR fighter planes from the 60's and can't even scramble properly without getting into at least 2 crashes.

Which is why they are building atom bombs so they can finally scrap their joke of a military that would actually rely on the inevitable refugee stream millions of people strong to defend them. Otherwise the ROKA would be at the Yalu River in a working week, with weekend to spare.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:24 am

New haven america wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:Oh,really?It seems that they are only pretending to exert great strength in North Korea and Vietnam

So you don't think the Soviet Union and China belong to this world? Because America is totally equipped to conquer the world

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:25 am

New haven america wrote:North Korea only exists because at the last minute China entered the war and almost lost anyway and Vietnam is predicted to have only lasted 2 years at most if the US actually went to war officially with N. Vietnam.

So you don't think the Soviet Union and China belong to this world? Because America is totally equipped to conquer the world

Depends, do you want to take over Taiwan/Japan? If yes the US Congress has just promised you plenty of bombs.

MT/MagicT

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:26 am

New haven america wrote:North Korea only exists because at the last minute China entered the war and almost lost anyway and Vietnam is predicted to have only lasted 2 years at most if the US actually went to war officially with N. Vietnam.

Which is why they are building atom bombs so they can finally scrap their joke of a military that would actually rely on the inevitable refugee stream millions of people strong to defend them. Otherwise the ROKA would be at the Yalu River in a working week, with weekend to spare.

"Building" being the operative word here.

They're not working and have a bad habit of exploding when trying to actually take off.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:28 am

New haven america wrote:1. While your endless rants are indeed enjoyable showcases of your love and understanding of John Waters' filmography, this isn't a movie thread, this is a thread about China. Thank you.

You are supremely uneducated about history if you disagree with me. What I say is fundamental fact. Nations always struggle for dominance just the same as any other human organization struggling for the same limited resources do.

2. Got it, you don't know how North America works.

So americans haven't conquered half of mexico, sponsored terrorists revolutionaries in it for half of its history and generally brought it to heel? And they didn't get Canada into OTAN which is the extended american empire? Last time I checked they had. Which is why in spite of their history neither is a military or economic threat to america any more. They might not be colonies but they are no longer a meaningful threat. Which is the actual reasonable endgoal I can get behind.

3. Factually untrue.

My words are proven by history. Your disagreement proves you know nothing of it. The newer ending struggle for dominance between neighboring human societies is as inevitable as it is tragic.
Last edited by Purpelia on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:28 am

1. So you don't think the Soviet Union and China belong to this world? 2. Because America is totally equipped to conquer the world

1. Yes, the Soviet Union stopped existing in 1991.
2. Yes, that is correct. It's actually quite normal for superpowers to try and do so as well. Macedonian Greece, Rome, Mongolia, Spain, France, UK, Japan, etc... So the fact that the US isn't is quite abnormal.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:31 am

New haven america wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:1. So you don't think the Soviet Union and China belong to this world? 2. Because America is totally equipped to conquer the world

2. Yes, that is correct. It's actually quite normal for superpowers to try and do so as well. Macedonian Greece, Rome, Mongolia, Spain, France, UK, Japan, etc... So the fact that the US isn't is quite abnormal.

Tbqh America has pretty much achieved political, cultural and military dominance, what it needs to do now is to keep the dominance against rival powers who aren't always so hip on not oppressing the shit out of people under its heels. And frankly? American hegemony with the bonus of being allowed some semblance of freedom is pretty 'swell... compared to the Thought Police in PRC at least.

MT/MagicT

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016

Postby Orostan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:31 am

Slavakino wrote:Not supporting china or anything but I'm sure that the Chinese do not commit genocide, I'm sure they send them to concentration camps (or in this case "re-education camps") which aren't made to kill/genocide. Concentration camps are a way to detain minorities or a certain group of people for no reason to keep them imprisoned. The way I see it, China has its own Guantanamo Bay but for not criminals, but rather minorities. I have not heard of any open executions on these people

You don't have to openly mass execute people to commit genocide. It's enough with forced breeding control and cultural eradication. See Genocide Convention Article 2 sections c, d and e:
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Of note is that PRC is a ratified signatory to this convention.

ok so you agree they’re not committing genocide because they’re not destroying populations. good.

New haven america wrote:
Orostan wrote:1. When you remove someone from power you are doing it to put a different person in power. The point of any movement is to get in some position of power, by violence or other means.

2. There is not. The most evidence you’ve shown is China moving prisoners on a train somewhere.

3. Prisoner transport by rail does not prove a concentration camp is the destination. There is no evidence that China is committing any sort of genocide.

4. >facts are Chinese propaganda

5. this is funny coming from a Redditor who eats up whatever the CIA upvotes.

1. Not always, no.
2. There is no war in Ba Sing Se
3. Here, here, here, and here. Anything else? :)
4. No, Chinese propaganda is Chinese propaganda, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker.
5. lol, I don't use Reddit. But it's ok, I know coming up with original insults and ad homs are hard when faced with actual facts that go against the useless bullshit you keep posting. Please, keep trying though, I'm sure you might create a post that has something of actual value eventually. Probably not anytime soon though so I'm not holding my breath.

1. This is why you remove people from power, to replace them.

2. not an argument :DDDDD

a. this is standard enforcement of China’s population control policies.
b. this is horrible but mostly enforcement of population control policy that is also applies to Han Chinese people. China also has a very patriarchal culture, and the abuse detailed here might be produced partly by that rather than official policies.
c. debunked.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

China doesn’t preform a large amount of illegal organ harvesting, at least not anymore. The data doesn’t back up that claim.

d. see above

4. Everything I have said is backed up with facts and evidence, as opposed to unsourced reddit videos.

5. You have yet to supply even a single fact that I haven’t been able to prove wrong.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:32 am

Orostan wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:You don't have to openly mass execute people to commit genocide. It's enough with forced breeding control and cultural eradication. See Genocide Convention Article 2 sections c, d and e:

ok so you agree they’re not committing genocide because they’re not destroying populations. good.

I said nothing of the sort.

MT/MagicT

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:34 am

Orostan wrote:ok so you agree they’re not committing genocide because they’re not destroying populations. good.

I said nothing of the sort.

If they’re committing genocide with population control laws then the target of that genocide we Han Chinese - the population control laws were disproportionately enforced for them.
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:35 am

Orostan wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:I said nothing of the sort.

If they’re committing genocide with population control laws then the target of that genocide we Han Chinese - the population control laws were disproportionately enforced for them.

This is the sort of agitation propaganda I expect from the Ministry for State Security.

MT/MagicT

Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Slaughter None » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:35 am

Diahon wrote:Stop the presses. Stop the fucking presses.

China is sending military planes near Taiwan with increasing frequency in what appears to be a stepping up of its threat to use force to take control of the island, Taiwan’s foreign minister said Wednesday.

oh shit oh fuck oh shit oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck

That lead doesn't fuck around, does it?

I don't know if anyone who's been watching Xi long enough saw this as an inevitability, but this is to me a shocker, an outlier beyond even my wildest expectations of what this year is going to be like.

Xi, old-school irredentist? Of all things possible on this day and age -- THAT?! It was out of sight, out of mind for me, for Taiwan was both economically prosperous yet utterly insignificant next to China's present might.

China does not need Taiwan, so risking all-out war and wholesale destruction just for so geographically insignificant a claim...

... preposterous, and yet...

There can be no end to this mischief once this starts, once Xi orders the occupation of the island and the effective destruction of its inhabitants. If Xi's China is an expansionist state hellbent and successful at expanding its territory even though it has no reason to beyond Xi's own thousand-galaxy-brained thought about what he thinks is his Middle Kingdom's domain, what's next for it?

The Philippines -- my Philippines -- with the riches its has left even after decades of exploitation, misappropriation, and abuse, due to Xi's claim to the Spratlys?

Vietnam, previous dynasts having conquered and subjugated the country hundreds and thousands of years ago?

The Koreas? Nepal? Bhutan? Mongolia? Eastern central Asia? Japan?

What next?

The CCP is nothing but a bully.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:35 am

All of this "But America!" whataboutism pulled straight from r/Sino makes my brain hurt. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Furthermore, for all the faults and war crimes America committed, at least it allows a semblance of autonomous freedom and regional stability for the countries of the world (aside from the Middle East, of course). Who here wants to return to multi-polar post-WW1 order, full of violence and tension between empires?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 am

Picairn wrote:All of this "But America!" whataboutism pulled straight from r/Sino makes my brain hurt. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Furthermore, for all the faults and war crimes America committed, at least it allows a semblance of autonomous freedom and regional stability for the countries of the world (aside from the Middle East, of course). Who here wants to return to multi-polar post-WW1 order, full of violence and tension between empires?

As said:
And frankly? American hegemony with the bonus of being allowed some semblance of freedom is pretty 'swell... compared to the Thought Police in PRC at least. I mean would you want to live in a country where if you piss off the central regime enough you become an Untermensch?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:36 am

Purpelia wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. While your endless rants are indeed enjoyable showcases of your love and understanding of John Waters' filmography, this isn't a movie thread, this is a thread about China. Thank you.

1. You are supremely uneducated about history if you disagree with me. What I say is fundamental fact. Nations always struggle for dominance just the same as any other human organization struggling for the same limited resources do.

2. Got it, you don't know how North America works.

2. So americans haven't conquered half of mexico, 3. sponsored terrorists revolutionaries in it for half of its history and generally brought it to heel? 4. 4. And they didn't get Canada into OTAN which is the extended american empire? Last time I checked they had. Which is why in spite of their history neither is a military or economic threat to america any more. 5. They might not be colonies but they are no longer a meaningful threat. Which is the actual reasonable endgoal I can get behind.

3. Factually untrue.

6. My words are proven by history. Your disagreement proves you know nothing of it. The newer ending struggle for dominance between neighboring human societies is as inevitable as it is tragic.

1. Ah yes, the ponderings of Machiavelli, while interesting, seem more like Renaissance edgelord ideas when you actually look at them.
2. No, a lot of that was actually Texas during its little independence stint and Mexico invited American settlers to move there because Mexicans didn't actually want to live there...
3. Yes, 1700's and 1800's America was well known for funding global revolutions.
4. wtf is OTAN?
5. Neither Canada nor Mexico were military threats to begin with.
6. Yes yes, some men just want to watch the world burn, this already cliché even back then.
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Orostan
Negotiator

Postby Orostan » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:37 am

Orostan wrote:If they’re committing genocide with population control laws then the target of that genocide we Han Chinese - the population control laws were disproportionately enforced for them.

This is the sort of agitation propaganda I expect from the Ministry for State Security.

not an argument xxxddddd

Picairn wrote:All of this "But America!" whataboutism pulled straight from r/Sino makes my brain hurt. Two wrongs don't make a right.

How many countries has China destroyed in the past ten years? Certainly not as many as the USA.

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 am

New haven america wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:1. So you don't think the Soviet Union and China belong to this world? 2. Because America is totally equipped to conquer the world

1.But there are still Russia and China
2.First of all, when the United States was founded, there were only 13 states.The United States acquired land on the East Bank of the Mississippi River in 1783, Louisiana from Napoleon in 1803, Florida from Spain in 1819, Texas, New Mexico, Oregon and California in 1845-1853, Alaska from Russia in 1867, and the Hawaiian Islands in 1898.Cuba, the Philippines and so on were colonies and protectors of the United States. Japan, South Korea, South Vietnam and South Vietnam are all vassals of the United States.The United States is just acting too late. Before the invention of the nuclear bomb, the British Empire and the French Empire have not yet disintegrated.But it could still rob Spanish colonies.

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:40 am

Orostan wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:You don't have to openly mass execute people to commit genocide. It's enough with forced breeding control and cultural eradication. See Genocide Convention Article 2 sections c, d and e:

New haven america wrote:1. Not always, no.
2. There is no war in Ba Sing Se
3. Here, here, here, and here. Anything else? :)
4. No, Chinese propaganda is Chinese propaganda, and you bought it hook, line, and sinker.
5. lol, I don't use Reddit. But it's ok, I know coming up with original insults and ad homs are hard when faced with actual facts that go against the useless bullshit you keep posting. Please, keep trying though, I'm sure you might create a post that has something of actual value eventually. Probably not anytime soon though so I'm not holding my breath.

1. This is why you remove people from power, to replace them.

2. not an argument :DDDDD

a. this is standard enforcement of China’s population control policies.
b. this is horrible but mostly enforcement of population control policy that is also applies to Han Chinese people. China also has a very patriarchal culture, and the abuse detailed here might be produced partly by that rather than official policies.
c. debunked.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/as ... story.html

China doesn’t preform a large amount of illegal organ harvesting, at least not anymore. The data doesn’t back up that claim.

d. see above

4. Everything I have said is backed up with facts and evidence, as opposed to unsourced reddit videos.

5. You have yet to supply even a single fact that I haven’t been able to prove wrong.

1. Again, not always, no.
2. More of an argument than any of the posts you've made so far~
3. Thank you for admitting that they're commiting genocide, here I'd thought that be a lot harder.
4. What fantasy world are you living in where that's true?
5. Again, you might one day make of post of actual value, but it seems that day is not today.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General