NATION

PASSWORD

As a proud Democrat, I am planning on voting for Trump.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

As a proud Democrat, I am planning on voting for Trump.

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:19 am

In light of a recent Moderation ruling, I will not be responding to any posts but will revive this thread once I receive clarification from the Moderation team. As I don't have thread ownership, I will keep this thread intact.

A brief overview of myself as a Democrat:

• I come from a Mexican (predominantly Catholic) family that is undocumented.
  • I identify as a gay man.
  • I oppose Donald Trump's major policy views (ex: Immigration, LGBT, Court-Packing, etc...)
  • Have voted for any person affiliating with the Democrats (with an exception that I voted once for a Republican State Rep)

As a proud Democrat, I am planning on voting for Trump in this upcoming presidential election and tell my why I shouldn't vote for him. For myself, the imprisonment of Shelley Luther made me aware that Democrats will punish "white" people defying their mandate(s) but will turn a blind-eye when a "non-white" person defies such mandate(s). Let's make this comparisons:

Event
Democrat Response
Anti-Lockdown Protest
"The protests are very political in nature instead of being focused on the stay-at-home order." - Michigan Gov. Whitmer
"Armed men storming a legislature to disrupt its democratic proceedings is domestic terrorism. It cannot be tolerated." - Fmr. Secretary Hillary Clinton
Black Lives Matter Protest
"I will always protect Angelenos' right to make their voices heard — and we can lead the movement against racism without fear of violence or vandalism." - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
"Congratulations to all who are out on the streets today peacefully protesting. Together, we will end police brutality. Together, we will defeat Trump. Together, we will fight for a government based on justice and compassion, not greed and lies." - Senator Bernie Sanders

My response to beloved Democrats and Republicans on NationStates: Before December, 2019 I used to watch NBC News and news outlets that had a liberal bias. After that, something changed (what changed, idk), I am now watching Fox News for all my information but does this make me a Republican or a Democrat? What Fox News says resonated with me somehow, like the hypocrisy of Democrats with #metoo movement. They said to believe all women and not vote for Brett Kavanaugh but when the movement went after Democrats (ie: Biden), they simply stressed that "there was never any record." Based on me writing this, I think that I heavily dislike double-standards.
Last edited by Acting Yulia Tymoshenko on Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:21 am

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko wrote:A brief overview of myself as a Democrat:

• I oppose Donald Trump's major policy views (ex: Immigration, LGBT, Court-Packing, etc...)
  • Have voted for any person affiliating with the Democrats (with an exception that I voted once for a Republican State Rep)

As a proud Democrat, I am planning on voting for Trump in this upcoming presidential election and tell my why I shouldn't vote for him. For myself, the imprisonment of Shelley Luther made me aware that Democrats will punish "white" people defying their mandate(s) but will turn a blind-eye when a "non-white" person defies such mandate(s). Let's make this comparisons:

Event
Democrat Response
Anti-Lockdown Protest
"The protests are very political in nature instead of being focused on the stay-at-home order." - Michigan Gov. Whitmer
"Armed men storming a legislature to disrupt its democratic proceedings is domestic terrorism. It cannot be tolerated." - Fmr. Secretary Hillary Clinton
"I will always protect Angelenos' right to make their voices heard — and we can lead the movement against racism without fear of violence or vandalism." - Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti
"Congratulations to all who are out on the streets today peacefully protesting. Together, we will end police brutality. Together, we will defeat Trump. Together, we will fight for a government based on justice and compassion, not greed and lies." - Senator Bernie Sanders

My response to beloved Democrats and Republicans on NationStates: Before December, 2019 I used to watch NBC News and news outlets that had a liberal bias. After that, something changed (what changed, idk), I am now watching Fox News for all my information but does this make me a Republican or a Democrat? What Fox News says resonated with me somehow, like the hypocrisy of Democrats with #metoo movement. They said to believe all women and not vote for Brett Kavanaugh but when the movement went after Democrats (ie: Biden), they simply stressed that "there was never any record." Based on me writing this, I think that I heavily dislike double-standards.

So when did BLM storm a legislature like the anti-lockdown protesters did?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 am

Vassenor wrote:So when did BLM storm a legislature like the anti-lockdown protesters did?

Key words that you stated were stormed. In comparison, the movement has looted stores and destroyed affordable housing units.

I need to release some thoughts...
Last edited by Acting Yulia Tymoshenko on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:27 am

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So when did BLM storm a legislature like the anti-lockdown protesters did?

Key words that you stated were stormed. In comparison, the movement has looted stores and destroyed affordable housing units.

If you're going to bring up quotes related to the anti-lockdown protesters storming a legislative building then accuse everyone of double standards for not referring to BLM the same way...
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:29 am

Vassenor wrote:

If you're going to bring up quotes related to the anti-lockdown protesters storming a legislative building then accuse everyone of double standards for not referring to BLM the same way...

Thanks for chatting with me today :)

So my statement regarding the "double-standards" is referring to other events, not specifically to the BLM vs Lockdown protests.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:30 am

I come from a Mexican (predominantly Catholic) family that is undocumented.

Can you vote while you are undocumented?wtf....I remember that not everyone in America has the right to vote
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:32 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
I come from a Mexican (predominantly Catholic) family that is undocumented.

Can you vote while you are undocumented?wtf....I remember that not everyone in America has the right to vote

Ahh, thanks for joining the conversation, to clarify, I'm a U.S. citizen. To clarify some things, why should or shouldn't I vote for Trump this upcoming election?
Last edited by Acting Yulia Tymoshenko on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:33 am

Vassenor wrote:

So my statement regarding the "double-standards" is referring to other events, not specifically to the BLM vs Lockdown protests.

So how is it a double standard to decry "I NEED A HAIRCUT" but consider "make the police stop killing us" OK?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 am

Vassenor wrote:

So how is it a double standard to decry "I NEED A HAIRCUT" but consider "make the police stop killing us" OK?

Also a good percentage of the BLM protesters were wearing masks, you know especially after the police started tear gassing them.
You can really see the difference in response.

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:35 am

Vassenor wrote:So how is it a double standard to decry "I NEED A HAIRCUT" but consider "make the police stop killing us" OK?

My first time being on this forum but I will need to asset my authority here. Why should or shouldn't I vote for Trump this upcoming election? I replied to your reference stating that my "double-standard" comment was referring to other events, not the BLM vs Lockdown protest.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 am

This isn't a role play forum.
Everything is intertwinkled

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 am

See, in the trade we refer to this as "turkeys voting for Christmas". You're literally saying you're going to vote against your own interests just because someone was punished for putting their community at risk.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:36 am

Vassenor wrote:So how is it a double standard to decry "I NEED A HAIRCUT" but consider "make the police stop killing us" OK?

My first time being on this forum but I will need to asset my authority here. Why should or shouldn't I vote for Trump this upcoming election? I replied to your reference stating that my "double-standard" comment was referring to other events, not the BLM vs Lockdown protest.

Then why bring up the protests at all?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 am

Heh, good luck with that.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:37 am

Vassenor wrote:

See, in the trade we refer to this as "turkeys voting for Christmas". You're literally saying you're going to vote against your own interests just because someone was punished for putting their community at risk.

'You belong to x group, so you should vote y way.'

Modern liberal racism and homophobia at play folks, don't you love to see it?
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

'You belong to x group, so you should vote y way.'

You're getting straw on the carpet.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 am

PENDING MODERATION REVIEW, THIS DISCUSSION IS CLOSED
Last edited by Acting Yulia Tymoshenko on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 am

Vassenor wrote:
Acting Yulia Tymoshenko wrote:A brief overview of myself as a Democrat:

Event
Democrat Response
Anti-Lockdown Protest

So when did BLM storm a legislature like the anti-lockdown protesters did?

The anti-lockdown protesters stormed a legitimate target. BLM attacked shops, businesses and homes.

Yeah, they're not comparable I guess.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:38 am

NSG is not your blog

EDIT: and you are not a mod. the discussion is not closed.
Last edited by RiderSyl on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:40 am

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko wrote:PENDING MODERATION REVIEW, THIS DISCUSSION IS CLOSED

Not how this works.

4) Thread Ownership. It's accepted that in the RP forums (Nationstates, International Incidents, NS Sports, Portal To The Multiverse, Global Economics and Trade, Factbooks and National Information) have what's become know as 'thread ownership', giving creators the opportunity to maintain more control over their RP situations and environments. Whereas discussion forums (General, Arts and Fiction), given their nature, are not given that consideration, to avoid the dismissal of opposing views. We reserve the right to split out posts from threads in special circumstances where the player or players are breaking rules.

You don't get to just declare the thread closed because you don't like people disagreeing with you.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:40 am

OP, if you want the mods to review a topic you might want to keep the OP up and bring it to their attention in the moderation forum.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:41 am

Voting for someone who has goals to enact policies that would suppress my rights as a member of multiple minorities? No thanks.

Politicians will always appear to have double standards or sometimes actually have them. That's just the nature of politics. My mother always says that politics is like a lady of pleasure and as such goes to the person making the highest bid. You won't always have or find a candidate that aligns 100% with your ideals and views, but it's always better to vote for the lesser evil.

Trump is not a lesser evil, especially for someone with a background like you described. For example, I am LGBTQ myself and I have a Polish background. During the presidential elections of Poland a short while back, one candidate (Duda) I radically opposed and the other (Trzaskowski) I didn't agree with. However, seeing as how Duda said "LGBT are not people", I would never be able to support him. As such, I had thrown my support behind Trzaskowski, despite the fact that I didn't agree with him fully. Why? Because he opposed the candidate that I understood would be a danger and enemy to LGBTQ people and other such minorities. Trzaskowski was the lesser evil.

Trump is of the same calibre as Duda, but even worse. And even if the Democrats contradicted themselves, I'd never support Trump, just like I'd never support Duda.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:41 am

Vassenor wrote:
Acting Yulia Tymoshenko wrote:PENDING MODERATION REVIEW, THIS DISCUSSION IS CLOSED

Not how this works.

4) Thread Ownership. It's accepted that in the RP forums (Nationstates, International Incidents, NS Sports, Portal To The Multiverse, Global Economics and Trade, Factbooks and National Information) have what's become know as 'thread ownership', giving creators the opportunity to maintain more control over their RP situations and environments. Whereas discussion forums (General, Arts and Fiction), given their nature, are not given that consideration, to avoid the dismissal of opposing views. We reserve the right to split out posts from threads in special circumstances where the player or players are breaking rules.

You don't get to just declare the thread closed because you don't like people disagreeing with you.

Someone reported this discussion as being "bloggy".

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:43 am

Vassenor wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:'You belong to x group, so you should vote y way.'

You're getting straw on the carpet.

You're describing a Mexican-American gay man voting for trump as someone voting against their own interests and calling them a turkey voting for Christmas. This is what I think is racism and homophobia, because you are pushing groups of people into a category and minimising the voices of people in that category who disagree with what you think they should believe.

Acting Yulia Tymoshenko
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Acting Yulia Tymoshenko » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:44 am

PENDING MODERATION REVIEW*, THIS DISCUSSION IS CLOSED AND PLEASE DO NOT POST

*As a result of a report being made.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General