NATION

PASSWORD

NYT was going to publish home address of Fox news reporter

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Slaughter None » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:NYT acronym for the "New York Times" had hired Murray Carpenter, a reporter for the NYT to publish Fox News reporter Tucker Carlson's home address. This is clearly a way to threaten his family and de-base his platform. Here is a video of Tucker Carlson talking about it on his segment:-
https://youtu.be/b7IkxdLpJJg

Despite what you may think about his politics this is clearly a denouncable deed by the NYT. You don't have the right to silence your political opponents. What do you think?

EDIT:NYT has gone back on their decision to publish Tucker Carlson's home address after much backlash and also allege that they were never going to publish it.


Seriously? The mighty dreaded NYT is coming after Tucker Carlson. This isn't just something TC made up. Here's the proof! Tucker Carlson said it himself?

Of course there must be more evidence, I'm sure it's later in the thread. But what's this? The OP edits the OP to bring us the startling news that NYT deny it! Well that's it then. Anything NYT says is a lie, therefore what Tucker said is true!

Top stuff. Real quality Citizen Journalism here, new poster with an unattractive name. I'll be looking out for more like this! Also I'm be sure to watch more of The Tucker Carlson Show, it's really good isn't it?

First of all I am not a Journalist(this is not journalism, this is opinion), second my name was randomly generated and was the only name that I could find that wasn't in use(also does my Nation name really matter and also it says to slaughter nobody so your argument falls flat here) second you can either beleive NYT who has an incentive to lie or you can believe Tucker who doesn't and also this has happened to him before.

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:12 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Seriously? The mighty dreaded NYT is coming after Tucker Carlson. This isn't just something TC made up. Here's the proof! Tucker Carlson said it himself?

Of course there must be more evidence, I'm sure it's later in the thread. But what's this? The OP edits the OP to bring us the startling news that NYT deny it! Well that's it then. Anything NYT says is a lie, therefore what Tucker said is true!

Top stuff. Real quality Citizen Journalism here, new poster with an unattractive name. I'll be looking out for more like this! Also I'm be sure to watch more of The Tucker Carlson Show, it's really good isn't it?

First of all I am not a Journalist(this is not journalism, this is opinion), second my name was randomly generated and was the only name that I could find that wasn't in use(also does my Nation name really matter and also it says to slaughter nobody so your argument falls flat here)
Do you know what an opinion is?
second you can either beleive NYT who has an incentive to lie or you can believe Tucker who doesn't and also this has happened to him before.
Good lord, I can't... :rofl:... wait, are you being serious?

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53011
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:16 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Seriously? The mighty dreaded NYT is coming after Tucker Carlson. This isn't just something TC made up. Here's the proof! Tucker Carlson said it himself?

Of course there must be more evidence, I'm sure it's later in the thread. But what's this? The OP edits the OP to bring us the startling news that NYT deny it! Well that's it then. Anything NYT says is a lie, therefore what Tucker said is true!

Top stuff. Real quality Citizen Journalism here, new poster with an unattractive name. I'll be looking out for more like this! Also I'm be sure to watch more of The Tucker Carlson Show, it's really good isn't it?

First of all I am not a Journalist(this is not journalism, this is opinion), second my name was randomly generated and was the only name that I could find that wasn't in use(also does my Nation name really matter and also it says to slaughter nobody so your argument falls flat here) second you can either beleive NYT who has an incentive to lie or you can believe Tucker who doesn't and also this has happened to him before.


So you have no evidence it was actually going to happen beyond wishing it were true really really really hard.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

User avatar
Kowani
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 24501
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:19 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Kowani wrote:…No, actually, they have no incentive to do so.

If they say that they actually meant to release his address wouldn't they be blasted further on social media and they could also face this going to court.

What I’m getting is you have no idea what I was talking about.
Spanish-American Atheist.
“The time has come to call evil out as evil, and we shall not apologize for naming brutality.”
NSG's resident data enthusiast.
Ni dios, ni rey, ni patria, ni amo


Telconi wrote:Every once in a while Kowani does have a decent point.

User avatar
Liriena
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60892
Founded: Nov 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Liriena » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:23 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Liriena wrote:That is patently impossible. No person can be "non-ideological". A news organization will inevitably be "ideological" by virtue of being the product of specific social, economic and cultural conditions that it cannot escape.

I would have to agree with you on that atleast no news channel nor a person can be completely non-biased but talking about the NYT ofcourse they would deny that they were never going to post his address they have a huge incentive to do so.

Jesus fucking christ why do you insist on dying on this hill?
be gay do crime


I am:
A pansexual, pantheist, green socialist
An aspiring writer and journalist
Political compass stuff:
Economic Left/Right: -8.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -8.92
For: Grassroots democracy, workers' self-management, humanitarianism, pacifism, pluralism, environmentalism, interculturalism, indigenous rights, minority rights, LGBT+ rights, feminism, optimism
Against: Nationalism, authoritarianism, fascism, conservatism, populism, violence, ethnocentrism, racism, sexism, religious bigotry, anti-LGBT+ bigotry, death penalty, neoliberalism, tribalism,
cynicism


⚧Copy and paste this in your sig
if you passed biology and know
gender and sex aren't the same thing.⚧

I disown most of my previous posts

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53011
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:26 am

Liriena wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:I would have to agree with you on that atleast no news channel nor a person can be completely non-biased but talking about the NYT ofcourse they would deny that they were never going to post his address they have a huge incentive to do so.

Jesus fucking christ why do you insist on dying on this hill?


Because the alternative is accepting that Carlson lied again.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

User avatar
Conservative Republic Of Huang
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1519
Founded: Jul 09, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Conservative Republic Of Huang » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:33 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Liriena wrote:That is patently impossible. No person can be "non-ideological". A news organization will inevitably be "ideological" by virtue of being the product of specific social, economic and cultural conditions that it cannot escape.

I would have to agree with you on that atleast no news channel nor a person can be completely non-biased but talking about the NYT ofcourse they would deny that they were never going to post his address they have a huge incentive to do so.

Slaughter None is a wanted criminal on the run!

What? You deny that accusation? Well, that clearly means nothing, since you have every reason to deny the accusation! What would you gain from admitting to your numerous, horrendous crimes?

The fact is, Tucker Carlson has given no proof at all. For the same reason that no one should believe my baseless accusation against you, no one should believe Tucker Carlson's accusation, unless he comes up with solid proof.
Pro: Direct democracy, e-democracy, parliamentary sovereignty, state secularism, non-violent direct action (striking), police reform, syndicalism, democratic workplace management
Anti: Most types of representative democracy, ultra-nationalism, imperialism, autocratic workplace management

User avatar
Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Slaughter None » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:45 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:First of all I am not a Journalist(this is not journalism, this is opinion), second my name was randomly generated and was the only name that I could find that wasn't in use(also does my Nation name really matter and also it says to slaughter nobody so your argument falls flat here)
Do you know what an opinion is?
second you can either beleive NYT who has an incentive to lie or you can believe Tucker who doesn't and also this has happened to him before.
Good lord, I can't... :rofl:... wait, are you being serious?

Yes I do know what an opinion is all I am saying don't expect my posts to be non - biased secondly are you denying that doxxing has happened to him before?

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:47 am

Slaughter None wrote:secondly are you denying that doxxing has happened to him before?
No (ironically by his current employer); but choosing to keep thinking this recent non-event happened is absurd.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Slaughter None » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:49 am

Conservative Republic Of Huang wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:I would have to agree with you on that atleast no news channel nor a person can be completely non-biased but talking about the NYT ofcourse they would deny that they were never going to post his address they have a huge incentive to do so.

Slaughter None is a wanted criminal on the run!

What? You deny that accusation? Well, that clearly means nothing, since you have every reason to deny the accusation! What would you gain from admitting to your numerous, horrendous crimes?

The fact is, Tucker Carlson has given no proof at all. For the same reason that no one should believe my baseless accusation against you, no one should believe Tucker Carlson's accusation, unless he comes up with solid proof.

How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:11 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Conservative Republic Of Huang wrote:Slaughter None is a wanted criminal on the run!

What? You deny that accusation? Well, that clearly means nothing, since you have every reason to deny the accusation! What would you gain from admitting to your numerous, horrendous crimes?

The fact is, Tucker Carlson has given no proof at all. For the same reason that no one should believe my baseless accusation against you, no one should believe Tucker Carlson's accusation, unless he comes up with solid proof.

How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331
Don't run away from the topic at hand with that whataboutism: that is, that there is still no proof from Carlson.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13136
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:22 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Kowani wrote:…No, actually, they have no incentive to do so.

If they say that they actually meant to release his address wouldn't they be blasted further on social media and they could also face this going to court.

Why would this "go to court"? The NYT would not be in legal trouble for admitting it if they actually had a plan to publish his adress (there's no credible evidence supporting that they did have such a plan). In fact, the NYT would not be in legal trouble if they had published his adress.

This is the second time you've thrown out the idea of legal ramifications without any further details, by the way.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Slaughter None » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:28 am

Gravlen wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:If they say that they actually meant to release his address wouldn't they be blasted further on social media and they could also face this going to court.

Why would this "go to court"? The NYT would not be in legal trouble for admitting it if they actually had a plan to publish his adress (there's no credible evidence supporting that they did have such a plan). In fact, the NYT would not be in legal trouble if they had published his adress.

This is the second time you've thrown out the idea of legal ramifications without any further details, by the way.

I never said they would face legal ramifications for admitting anything but if they had posted his home address they might have have faced charges for invasion of privacy, read here:- https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/publis ... nformation

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13136
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Conservative Republic Of Huang wrote:Slaughter None is a wanted criminal on the run!

What? You deny that accusation? Well, that clearly means nothing, since you have every reason to deny the accusation! What would you gain from admitting to your numerous, horrendous crimes?

The fact is, Tucker Carlson has given no proof at all. For the same reason that no one should believe my baseless accusation against you, no one should believe Tucker Carlson's accusation, unless he comes up with solid proof.

How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331

That's... not doxxing. It's not a similar thing as what we're talking about (specifying a whistleblower's profession and employer vs. publishing a residential adress) and it's not remotely the same situation. The question of the whistleblower's profession and employer was highly relevant to the story of Trump's abuse of power because it supported the credibility of the claims the whistleblower made.

Next you're going to complain that they doxxed the Golden State Killer when they named him. :roll:
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Slaughter None » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:32 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331
Don't run away from the topic at hand with that whataboutism: that is, that there is still no proof from Carlson.

What about the fact that a group associated with Antifa has threatened him and said that "he shouldn't sleep well at night".

User avatar
Slaughter None
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 421
Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Slaughter None » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:34 am

Gravlen wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331

That's... not doxxing. It's not a similar thing as what we're talking about (specifying a whistleblower's profession and employer vs. publishing a residential adress) and it's not remotely the same situation. The question of the whistleblower's profession and employer was highly relevant to the story of Trump's abuse of power because it supported the credibility of the claims the whistleblower made.

Next you're going to complain that they doxxed the Golden State Killer when they named him. :roll:

I never said it was similar it is only proof that they have leaked private information before.

User avatar
Vassenor
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 53011
Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:35 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Gravlen wrote:That's... not doxxing. It's not a similar thing as what we're talking about (specifying a whistleblower's profession and employer vs. publishing a residential adress) and it's not remotely the same situation. The question of the whistleblower's profession and employer was highly relevant to the story of Trump's abuse of power because it supported the credibility of the claims the whistleblower made.

Next you're going to complain that they doxxed the Golden State Killer when they named him. :roll:

I never said it was similar it is only proof that they have leaked private information before.


And how does that prove that they were going to do it this time?
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:44 am

Slaughter None wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:Don't run away from the topic at hand with that whataboutism: that is, that there is still no proof from Carlson.

What about the fact that a group associated with Antifa has threatened him and said that "he shouldn't sleep well at night".

What did I just say?

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13136
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:46 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Gravlen wrote:Why would this "go to court"? The NYT would not be in legal trouble for admitting it if they actually had a plan to publish his adress (there's no credible evidence supporting that they did have such a plan). In fact, the NYT would not be in legal trouble if they had published his adress.

This is the second time you've thrown out the idea of legal ramifications without any further details, by the way.

I never said they would face legal ramifications for admitting anything but if they had posted his home address they might have have faced charges for invasion of privacy, read here:- https://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/publis ... nformation

That's absurd. As the link you provided says, the following must be true in order to establish legal liability:

1. Public Disclosure: The disclosure of facts must be public. Another way of saying this is that the defendant must "give publicity" to the fact or facts in question.
2. Private Fact: The fact or facts disclosed must be private, and not generally known.
3. Offensive to a Reasonable Person: Publication of the private facts in question must be offensive to a reasonable person of ordinary sensibilities.
4. Not Newsworthy: The facts disclosed must not be newsworthy. Stated differently, the facts disclosed must not be a matter of legitimate public concern.


If nothing else, such a claim would fail under no. 3. As your link continues to explain:

A plaintiff bringing a publication of private facts claim must show that, under the circumstances, publishing the facts in question would have been highly offensive to a reasonable person of ordinary sensibilities. The question is not whether the plaintiff himself/herself found the public disclosure highly offensive, but whether an ordinary person reflecting community mores would find it so. Thus, the law does not give special solicitude to a plaintiff with a "thin skin." As the Restatement of Torts explains:

Complete privacy does not exist in this world except in a desert, and anyone who is not a hermit must expect and endure the ordinary incidents of the community life of which he is a part. Thus he must expect the more or less casual observation of his neighbors as to what he does, and that his comings and goings and his ordinary daily activities, will be described in the press as a matter of casual interest to others. The ordinary reasonable man does not take offense at a report in a newspaper that he has returned from a visit, gone camping in the woods or given a party at his house for his friends. Even minor and moderate annoyance, as for example through public disclosure of the fact that the plaintiff has clumsily fallen downstairs and broken his ankle, is not sufficient to give him a cause of action under the rule stated in this Section. It is only when the publicity given to him is such that a reasonable person would feel justified in feeling seriously aggrieved by it, that the cause of action arises.

Restatement (Second) of Torts § 263D cmt. c. Some examples of activities found to be highly offensive include publishing a photograph of a woman nursing a child or posing nude in a bathtub, displaying a movie of a woman's caesarian operation, and disseminating a video showing two celebrities having sex. Some activities found not to be highly offensive include publishing an accurate account of a private wedding, publishing a photograph of a couple kissing in public, and publishing photographs of military personnel showing potential prisoner abuse.


Tucker Carlson is living openly at a fixed adress. That's something easily observed from the outside, and the openness of a public adress. It would thus fail at no. 3.

There's an additional wrinkle. As your link shows:
In Cox Broadcasting v. Cohen, 420 U.S. 469 (1975), the Supreme Court of the United States held that the First Amendment to the Constitution prohibits states from imposing a penalty on the press for publishing accurate information obtained from a public court record. As a result of this case, most states recognize an absolute privilege for publication of information found in a publicly available (i.e., not sealed) court record.


Let me remind you that a lawsuit was filed against Carlson in both his professional and personal capacity. If the story refers to the lawsuit, and the lawsuit identifies his adress, it is protected speech.

So again, no, they could not face any such charges. (Mind you, we're only talking civil action here, and not criminal charges.)
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13136
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Gravlen wrote:That's... not doxxing. It's not a similar thing as what we're talking about (specifying a whistleblower's profession and employer vs. publishing a residential adress) and it's not remotely the same situation. The question of the whistleblower's profession and employer was highly relevant to the story of Trump's abuse of power because it supported the credibility of the claims the whistleblower made.

Next you're going to complain that they doxxed the Golden State Killer when they named him. :roll:

I never said it was similar it is only proof that they have leaked private information before.

When did they leak information? Because the story you linked to wasn't about them leaking information, it was about the reporting on relevant facts. Do you have problems understanding the difference?
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 355
Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:48 am

Slaughter None wrote:NYT acronym for the "New York Times" had hired Murray Carpenter, a reporter for the NYT to publish Fox News reporter Tucker Carlson's home address. This is clearly a way to threaten his family and de-base his platform. Here is a video of Tucker Carlson talking about it on his segment:-
https://youtu.be/b7IkxdLpJJg

Despite what you may think about his politics this is clearly a denouncable deed by the NYT. You don't have the right to silence your political opponents. What do you think?

EDIT:NYT has gone back on their decision to publish Tucker Carlson's home address after much backlash and also allege that they were never going to publish it.


So, the real title of this thread:

NYT didn't publish home address of Fox News shill
Tucker Carlson engages in fake outrage for 12 millionth time.
Last edited by The Andromeda Island Group on Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13136
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:02 am

By the way, based on Slaughter None's erroneous understanding of the law, I looked up the suit against Carlson. I now think that the whole thing really is about the suit against him, and the logic is as follows:

The NYT were going to report on the lawsuit. One of the documents connected to the lawsuit, specifically a summons to Tucker Carlson, contains an adress for him. Thus, attempting to shift attention away from the suit itself, and mobilizing his followers against the NYT and the reporter, Carlson highlights this fact and claims the reporting will include his adress (which it wouldn't, since this document isn't pertinent to the main case). It also serves as a deterrent in case someone were to link directly to the publicly available documents connected to Eckhart v. Fox News Network.
Last edited by Gravlen on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10701
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:26 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Seriously? The mighty dreaded NYT is coming after Tucker Carlson. This isn't just something TC made up. Here's the proof! Tucker Carlson said it himself?

Of course there must be more evidence, I'm sure it's later in the thread. But what's this? The OP edits the OP to bring us the startling news that NYT deny it! Well that's it then. Anything NYT says is a lie, therefore what Tucker said is true!

Top stuff. Real quality Citizen Journalism here, new poster with an unattractive name. I'll be looking out for more like this! Also I'm be sure to watch more of The Tucker Carlson Show, it's really good isn't it?

First of all I am not a Journalist(this is not journalism, this is opinion), second my name was randomly generated and was the only name that I could find that wasn't in use(also does my Nation name really matter and also it says to slaughter nobody so your argument falls flat here) second you can either beleive NYT who has an incentive to lie or you can believe Tucker who doesn't and also this has happened to him before.


I was making fun of you. All OP's should aspire to be Citizen Journalists. Bearing in mind always, that their personal reputation is on the line, if they "publish" something untrue.

Something Tucker said made you start a thread.
Thus giving Tucker more fame and notoriety.
And you say he has no incentive to lie.

Dude, you are right now giving him incentive to lie again!

Tucker is playing YOU, like a dollar shop plastic trumpet.
Also, AiliAiliA
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Ansarre
Envoy
 
Posts: 315
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Ansarre » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:47 am

Slaughter None wrote:
Conservative Republic Of Huang wrote:Slaughter None is a wanted criminal on the run!

What? You deny that accusation? Well, that clearly means nothing, since you have every reason to deny the accusation! What would you gain from admitting to your numerous, horrendous crimes?

The fact is, Tucker Carlson has given no proof at all. For the same reason that no one should believe my baseless accusation against you, no one should believe Tucker Carlson's accusation, unless he comes up with solid proof.

How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331

Also the slate star codex issue.
Center-right Neoconservative and European Federalist
Hong Kong is British and the Republic of China is the only legitimate authority in China! 時代革命!
I support ISRAEL, open borders, multiracialism, the war on drugs, free trade, police militarization, landlords, and regime change wars.
No to America, no to Russia, no to China, YES TO EUROPE
Senator Joseph McCarthy was an American hero and did nothing wrong

OOC Overview of myself | European Voting Guide | Reading List
FREEDOM FOR ISRAEL
FREEDOM FOR BELARUS
FREEDOM FOR EAST TURKESTAN
FREEDOM FOR HONG KONG
FREEDOM FOR ASSYRIA
FREEDOM FOR KURDISTAN

User avatar
Gravlen
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13136
Founded: Jul 01, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gravlen » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:56 am

Ansarre wrote:
Slaughter None wrote:How about the fact that they have done this before:- https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... r-n1059331

Also the slate star codex issue.

You mean the case where the NYT didn't publish an article with his name?

I feel like there's something about the underlined which undermines your point...
EnragedMaldivians wrote:That's preposterous. Gravlens's not a white nationalist; Gravlen's a penguin.

Unio de Sovetaj Socialismaj Respublikoj wrote:There is no use arguing the definition of murder with someone who has a picture of a penguin with a chainsaw as their nations flag.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Carrico, Connori Pilgrims, Ethel mermania, Khurrunos, Majestic-12 [Bot], Metztlitlalio, Nobel Hobos 2, North American Imperial State, Pax Nerdvana, SD_Film Artists, Spain-Porto, The New California Republic, The New Nordic Union

Advertisement

Remove ads