NATION

PASSWORD

Coronavirus Thread V: It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over (READ OP)

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10434
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:53 pm

-Astoria- wrote:
San Lumen wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/fauci-top-health-officials-testify-unclear-how-long-pandemic-will-n1235442
Fauci says he’s cautiously optimistic we will have a vaccine by late fall early winter

Will it go the same way as remdesivir, ie America buying up every single stock?


That depends on whether Trump is still President.
Also, AiliAiliA
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46636
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
San Lumen wrote:https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/fauci-top-health-officials-testify-unclear-how-long-pandemic-will-n1235442
Fauci says he’s cautiously optimistic we will have a vaccine by late fall early winter


Yeah, big problem with literally anything about the Trump administration is that you can't trust a word ANYBODY says because it's quite painfully obvious Trump and his cronies ONLY care about optics and not about actual results unless it's one of Trump's big stupid campaign promises like the stupid wall nobody except weirdo racist anti-immigrants want for no good reason, and sadly that includes Fauci, especially now after Trump and whoever the fuck keeps trying to help discredit Fauci are putting the screw to him and his boss.

Literally everybody in this administration can be potentially compromised, even the good guys.

Me, I'm not holding my breath until there is an actual vaccine... And that of course leaves out how it's going to be distributed in this climate of Martin Shkreli's and "entrepreneurs" (read: scalpers).


Why so pessimistic? i thought almost everyone trusted what Fauci had to say.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 60542
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:57 am

San Lumen wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Yeah, big problem with literally anything about the Trump administration is that you can't trust a word ANYBODY says because it's quite painfully obvious Trump and his cronies ONLY care about optics and not about actual results unless it's one of Trump's big stupid campaign promises like the stupid wall nobody except weirdo racist anti-immigrants want for no good reason, and sadly that includes Fauci, especially now after Trump and whoever the fuck keeps trying to help discredit Fauci are putting the screw to him and his boss.

Literally everybody in this administration can be potentially compromised, even the good guys.

Me, I'm not holding my breath until there is an actual vaccine... And that of course leaves out how it's going to be distributed in this climate of Martin Shkreli's and "entrepreneurs" (read: scalpers).


Why so pessimistic? i thought almost everyone trusted what Fauci had to say.


Better to be pessimistic and then delightfully surprised rather than being optimistic and then disappointed
23 years old, gay male, Presbyterian North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Hawkins/Walker 2020
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:06 am

Kannap wrote:
San Lumen wrote:
Why so pessimistic? i thought almost everyone trusted what Fauci had to say.


Better to be pessimistic and then delightfully surprised rather than being optimistic and then disappointed

#realismgang.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37219
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:11 am

San Lumen wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
Yeah, big problem with literally anything about the Trump administration is that you can't trust a word ANYBODY says because it's quite painfully obvious Trump and his cronies ONLY care about optics and not about actual results unless it's one of Trump's big stupid campaign promises like the stupid wall nobody except weirdo racist anti-immigrants want for no good reason, and sadly that includes Fauci, especially now after Trump and whoever the fuck keeps trying to help discredit Fauci are putting the screw to him and his boss.

Literally everybody in this administration can be potentially compromised, even the good guys.

Me, I'm not holding my breath until there is an actual vaccine... And that of course leaves out how it's going to be distributed in this climate of Martin Shkreli's and "entrepreneurs" (read: scalpers).


Why so pessimistic? i thought almost everyone trusted what Fauci had to say.


We cannot get complacent now. We can celebrate and be happy when Trump is out or stalled. Either the insanity ends in November or we have to brace ourselves for four more years of fighting this idiocracy.

And if Biden does win, we hold him accountable too. A republican citizen must always be vigilant, because it isn't the army or the politicians who safeguard our freedoms, it's us and only us.

I am cautiously optimistic, but I was cautiously optimistic back then and the electoral college fucked Hillary, and it pisses me off to no end that my vote matters less than the vote of someone from goddamn Oklahoma, the state named after the worst musical in history.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pronouns: If you want me to feel pretty and extraordinary, call me she. If you want me to feel handsome and masculine, call me he.
NOW WITH SUPER SECRET VIP CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION DISCORD. INQUIRE VIA TELEGRAM.

Coronavirus is real, and a real problem. Do not panic, but please educate yourself and take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones. Donald Trump lied. Pray for the sick.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Salandriagado
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22133
Founded: Apr 03, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Salandriagado » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:06 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
San Lumen wrote:Yes but Sal said 85 percent of all Vaccines that reach phase 3 get approved which means they pass it no?


100% of whose that reach, reach, but only 85% pass. I'm just trying to avoid the implication that a vaccine which is in phase 3 now, is certain to pass.

This is vaccines, not drugs of all kinds, right?


Yeah, the figures are much worse for other kinds of drugs.
Cosara wrote:
Anachronous Rex wrote:Good thing most a majority of people aren't so small-minded, and frightened of other's sexuality.

Over 40% (including me), are, so I fixed the post for accuracy.

Vilatania wrote:
Salandriagado wrote:
Notice that the link is to the notes from a university course on probability. You clearly have nothing beyond the most absurdly simplistic understanding of the subject.
By choosing 1, you no longer have 0 probability of choosing 1. End of subject.

(read up the quote stack)

Deal. £3000 do?[/quote]

Of course.[/quote]

User avatar
CoraSpia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9077
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:44 am

GVH has a puppet. He uses it to post in regions and on the forums. The identity of this puppet will forever remain a mystery.

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:46 am

CoraSpia wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/01/face-will-probably-get-coronavirus-jair-bolsonaro-tells-brazilians/

Just going to leave this here
"I don't take responsibility."

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13829
Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:08 am

-Astoria- wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/01/face-will-probably-get-coronavirus-jair-bolsonaro-tells-brazilians/

Just going to leave this here
"I don't take responsibility."

A brilliant argument for perpetually forbidding Brasilian generals from running for president if there ever was one.

User avatar
CoraSpia
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9077
Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Capitalizt

Postby CoraSpia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:10 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:"I don't take responsibility."

A brilliant argument for perpetually forbidding Brasilian generals from running for president if there ever was one.

His response to covid has been pretty unique among major world leaders, even Trump is wearing a facemask now.
GVH has a puppet. He uses it to post in regions and on the forums. The identity of this puppet will forever remain a mystery.

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1902
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:33 am

CoraSpia wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:A brilliant argument for perpetually forbidding Brasilian generals from running for president if there ever was one.

His response to covid has been pretty unique among major world leaders, even Trump is wearing a facemask now.


Despite his sickness, he remains so fervently anti-lockdown.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Glorious Hong Kong
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:53 am

Local cases in Malaysia have ticked down again due to the government's implementation of stricter lockdown measures, particularly the abolition of the home quarantine policy for overseas returnees, according to Dr. Noor Hisham. The compulsory face mask policy is now in effect. Sarawak is implementing its own compulsory 14-day home quarantine policy for domestic returnees to Sarawak from Aug. 1-14 on top of intra-state travel restrictions between my hometown, where almost all of the state's new cases have been recorded, and the rest of the state where local cases are practically nonexistent. There were no new cases in Sarawak today and few to no cases since Wednesday. There were 25 cases in my hometown alone on Tuesday. It looks like Malaysia won't be experiencing a large "third wave" after all.

Even if we do succeed in eliminating all community transmission, there's still the issue of illegal immigration and lax border security leading to fresh new outbreaks in the middle of the country; an experience previously virus-free Vietnam learned the hard way. We definitely need to beef up our borders.

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1902
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:10 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Local cases in Malaysia have ticked down again due to the government's implementation of stricter lockdown measures, particularly the abolition of the home quarantine policy for overseas returnees, according to Dr. Noor Hisham. The compulsory face mask policy is now in effect. Sarawak is implementing its own compulsory 14-day home quarantine policy for domestic returnees to Sarawak from Aug. 1-14 on top of intra-state travel restrictions between my hometown, where almost all of the state's new cases have been recorded, and the rest of the state where local cases are practically nonexistent. There were no new cases in Sarawak today and few to no cases since Wednesday. There were 25 cases in my hometown alone on Tuesday. It looks like Malaysia won't be experiencing a large "third wave" after all.

Even if we do succeed in eliminating all community transmission, there's still the issue of illegal immigration and lax border security leading to fresh new outbreaks in the middle of the country; an experience previously virus-free Vietnam learned the hard way. We definitely need to beef up our borders.


That sounds nice. Over here, we’ve got a few government officials and industry heads who are strongly opposed to reimplementing a lockdown in Metro Manila (the area with the most cases). One senator went as far to say on an interview that healthcare workers should work harder (yeah, I know, bit of a shitty thing to say) because the economy cannot afford it. Oh, and that senator invests a lot in real estate, so that’s probably why she said that. Many citizens are sick of our government’s inadequate coronavirus response.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
Bear Stearns
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9111
Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:07 pm

Would you rather catch coronavirus or herpes
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

User avatar
Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11205
Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Just visited Florida recently. I live in Texas, so we're out of lockdown, but we still got some rules up. Like wearing your mask. Dunno if it's statewide, but when I was in Destin, Florida, almost no one but employees were wearing their masks. I remember people saying it was because the beaches were open that the cases were soaring, but I think those folks just dont bother protecting themselves or others.
Name: Ted
Ideology: Capitalism
Political Compass: Social Libertarian for some reason
Race: Vampire
Political Side: Right
Favorite Senator: Ted Cruz (Ted's have to help out Ted's)
Status: Healthy and as strong as a starved ox
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

User avatar
-Astoria-
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1789
Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria- » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:25 pm

Bear Stearns wrote:Would you rather catch coronavirus or herpes
Yes.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | Not based off America; stop it.
Sep 25, 2020
✉ TV1 News: Greens' 'green new deal': what's inside? | 622 RightPrice staff block HQ in strike | Palktyff by bike; a diary | Weather: Footscray ☁ 22° | Altas ⛅ 21° | Esterpine ☂ 20° | Naltgybal ⛅ 20° | Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel ☂ 20° | Traffic: PA Rte 9: closed up to Rte 8 southbound

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1 | 10/10 by DGES | Proudly corruption-free
(since May 15) Mayo responses: 144⅓ | Cheddar responses: 61

mit zuckerguß | ⅓ of Triumvirate | Much hope
"Loophole, bitch!" - Aroni


User avatar
Rusozak
Minister
 
Posts: 2457
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusozak » Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:39 pm

CoraSpia wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:A brilliant argument for perpetually forbidding Brasilian generals from running for president if there ever was one.

His response to covid has been pretty unique among major world leaders, even Trump is wearing a facemask now.


Brave for the president of a country with a history of military coups.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Glorious Hong Kong
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:59 pm

I do not believe for one moment that Hong Kong is recording more than a hundred cases a day while Shenzhen next door has zero cases. I call bullshit. China is definitely fudging its figures. I'll never forgive that lying bitch Carrie Lam for using the pandemic to postpone the Legislative Council elections for an ENTIRE YEAR because the CCP is legitimately afraid it might lose for the first time ever despite the entire system being historically rigged in its favor.

Vietnam is experiencing a second wave of virus cases due to illegal immigration from CHINA, and Vietnam had no local cases for MONTHS. Don't tell me the second wave in Hong Kong is due to the pan-democrat primaries that were held last month. The second wave was imported from CHINA. The first global wave to ravage Europe and the United States was imported from CHINA. CHINA is to blame for the pandemic's origins. If China was a democracy, there wouldn't even be a fucking pandemic in the first place. The government lies and cheats like there's no tomorrow.

User avatar
Rusozak
Minister
 
Posts: 2457
Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Rusozak » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:I do not believe for one moment that Hong Kong is recording more than a hundred cases a day while Shenzhen next door has zero cases. I call bullshit. China is definitely fudging its figures. I'll never forgive that lying bitch Carrie Lam for using the pandemic to postpone the Legislative Council elections for an ENTIRE YEAR because the CCP is legitimately afraid it might lose for the first time ever despite the entire system being historically rigged in its favor.

Vietnam is experiencing a second wave of virus cases due to illegal immigration from CHINA, and Vietnam had no local cases for MONTHS. Don't tell me the second wave in Hong Kong is due to the pan-democrat primaries that were held last month. The second wave was imported from CHINA. The first global wave to ravage Europe and the United States was imported from CHINA. CHINA is to blame for the pandemic's origins. If China was a democracy, there wouldn't even be a fucking pandemic in the first place. The government lies and cheats like there's no tomorrow.


Knowing the PRC, "0 cases" probably really means "ditch full of corpses of disappeared infected."
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

User avatar
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20948
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:09 am

Poor Melbourne. As incompetent as he is, I'd hate to be Dan Andrews now, and I really feel sorry for him. Of coarse, it doesn't help that there are idiots who don't believe the virus exists. I hate how they're making worse for everyone else down there
From Greek Ansestry Orthodox Christian
17 Published Issues and 1 WA Resolution List of NPC Nations
This account is fictious. Any In-Character posts made by this account do not reflect the actions of any real world government

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10434
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:52 am

Bear Stearns wrote:Would you rather catch coronavirus or herpes


Sly way of saying "are you an old fuck?"

I would rather not catch coronavirus and since I'm pretty sure I've had herpes simplex, I don't have to choose.
Also, AiliAiliA
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10434
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:56 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:His response to covid has been pretty unique among major world leaders, even Trump is wearing a facemask now.


Despite his sickness, he remains so fervently anti-lockdown.


Did he really catch covid, or was he just drunk for two weeks?
Also, AiliAiliA
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
Pilipinas and Malaya
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1902
Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:59 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Local cases in Malaysia have ticked down again due to the government's implementation of stricter lockdown measures, particularly the abolition of the home quarantine policy for overseas returnees, according to Dr. Noor Hisham. The compulsory face mask policy is now in effect. Sarawak is implementing its own compulsory 14-day home quarantine policy for domestic returnees to Sarawak from Aug. 1-14 on top of intra-state travel restrictions between my hometown, where almost all of the state's new cases have been recorded, and the rest of the state where local cases are practically nonexistent. There were no new cases in Sarawak today and few to no cases since Wednesday. There were 25 cases in my hometown alone on Tuesday. It looks like Malaysia won't be experiencing a large "third wave" after all.

Even if we do succeed in eliminating all community transmission, there's still the issue of illegal immigration and lax border security leading to fresh new outbreaks in the middle of the country; an experience previously virus-free Vietnam learned the hard way. We definitely need to beef up our borders.


That sounds nice. Over here, we’ve got a few government officials and industry heads who are strongly opposed to reimplementing a lockdown in Metro Manila (the area with the most cases). One senator went as far to say on an interview that healthcare workers should work harder (yeah, I know, bit of a shitty thing to say) because the economy cannot afford it. Oh, and that senator invests a lot in real estate, so that’s probably why she said that. Many citizens are sick of our government’s inadequate coronavirus response.


Update: We are now the second Southeast Asian country to go past the 100k mark.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Hello there, welcome to my thoughts.
I also control puppets in Thaecia and Forest, so you may know me by those puppets.
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views, deal with it.
I still like K-Pop, no, I am not one of those very annoying stans. Anyways, please watch Day6.
Soups are among my favourite kinds of food.
Am too lazy to deal with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be completed never.
Civ 6's Frontier Pass seems very exciting, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ?

User avatar
The Rich Port
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37219
Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:06 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Just visited Florida recently. I live in Texas, so we're out of lockdown, but we still got some rules up. Like wearing your mask. Dunno if it's statewide, but when I was in Destin, Florida, almost no one but employees were wearing their masks. I remember people saying it was because the beaches were open that the cases were soaring, but I think those folks just dont bother protecting themselves or others.


Mercifully, Florida has been becoming urbanized and liberalized except in the country, where creepy trailer parks full of possible klansmen still have "Trump 2020" banners in their windows.

I live in Central Florida, where it's 50/50 between Country Outback and urbanized suburbs, and the businesses here mandate masks or you get no service, so people wear them and maintain social dist.

Destin is from the Panhandle no? Sounds like it's a country hole. *looks up Destin, Florida.*

Oh God it's even worse than I thought it's a rich people country hole XD Then yeah, not surprised.

Welp... Guess they have lots of grandparents that they can get inheritances from?

Real talk, the disregard for the elderly by so many virus denialists (thanks for that one Trump) is so sad. Sure they trend Republican but that doesn't mean they deserve to get fucking sick and die.
Pronouns: If you want me to feel pretty and extraordinary, call me she. If you want me to feel handsome and masculine, call me he.
NOW WITH SUPER SECRET VIP CONSTRUCTIVE DISCUSSION DISCORD. INQUIRE VIA TELEGRAM.

Coronavirus is real, and a real problem. Do not panic, but please educate yourself and take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones. Donald Trump lied. Pray for the sick.
LAUGH, AND GROW FAT
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
YOU NEVER KNOW JUST HOW YOU LOOK THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE'S EYES

Tracking | History | Factbook | Dharma
Economic Report | Regional Forum | Political Compass
CAPINTERN | OMSA | OZZY | PACT | APAC
Summary | Vanguard | The Book Of Sue
THE BILLION BIT BRONY
AHAHAHAHA PONY PONY PONY PONYYY


LOVEWHOYOUARE~


User avatar
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20948
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:01 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
That sounds nice. Over here, we’ve got a few government officials and industry heads who are strongly opposed to reimplementing a lockdown in Metro Manila (the area with the most cases). One senator went as far to say on an interview that healthcare workers should work harder (yeah, I know, bit of a shitty thing to say) because the economy cannot afford it. Oh, and that senator invests a lot in real estate, so that’s probably why she said that. Many citizens are sick of our government’s inadequate coronavirus response.


Update: We are now the second Southeast Asian country to go past the 100k mark.

:(

The Rich Port wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Just visited Florida recently. I live in Texas, so we're out of lockdown, but we still got some rules up. Like wearing your mask. Dunno if it's statewide, but when I was in Destin, Florida, almost no one but employees were wearing their masks. I remember people saying it was because the beaches were open that the cases were soaring, but I think those folks just dont bother protecting themselves or others.


Mercifully, Florida has been becoming urbanized and liberalized except in the country, where creepy trailer parks full of possible klansmen still have "Trump 2020" banners in their windows.

I live in Central Florida, where it's 50/50 between Country Outback and urbanized suburbs, and the businesses here mandate masks or you get no service, so people wear them and maintain social dist.

Destin is from the Panhandle no? Sounds like it's a country hole. *looks up Destin, Florida.*

Oh God it's even worse than I thought it's a rich people country hole XD Then yeah, not surprised.

Welp... Guess they have lots of grandparents that they can get inheritances from?

Real talk, the disregard for the elderly by so many virus denialists (thanks for that one Trump) is so sad. Sure they trend Republican but that doesn't mean they deserve to get fucking sick and die.

Donald Trump isn't the sole cause of the virus denalists. In order to argue that, America would have to be the only country with denalists, and that couldn't be further from the truth. That's not to say that Donald Trump isn't exacerbating the problem- he certainly is, but he's not the cause of it. It's funny how Donald Trump, a 74 year old man, is denying the serverity of a disease which mostly kills old people. Given his age and his weight, he's definately in the at risk catagory. Is he willing to die as president (death is okay as long as I was president) or is actually that stupid?

CoraSpia wrote:https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/01/face-will-probably-get-coronavirus-jair-bolsonaro-tells-brazilians/

Just going to leave this here

What is this? The idiot's approach to herd immunity?
From Greek Ansestry Orthodox Christian
17 Published Issues and 1 WA Resolution List of NPC Nations
This account is fictious. Any In-Character posts made by this account do not reflect the actions of any real world government

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Duvniask, Gondwana island, Google Adsense [Bot], Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States, Page, Vassenor, Vistulange

Advertisement

Remove ads