NATION

PASSWORD

Official First Contact In 2021! How Would You React?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Torisakia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 04, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Torisakia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:52 pm

I'd ask if they can take me with them when they leave to go back home. I'll stowaway if I have to.
You ever woke up one morning and just decided it wasn't one of those days and you were gonna break some stuff?
President: Doug McDowell
Population: 227 million
Tech: MT-PMT
I don't use most NS stats
Ideology: Democracy Manifest
Pro: truth
Anti: bullshit

Latest Headlines
[TNN] A cargo ship belonging to Torisakia disappeared off the coast of Kostane late Wednesday evening. TBI suspects foul play. || Congress passes a T$10 billion aid package for the Democratic Populist rebels in Kostane. To include firearms, vehicles, and artillery.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:56 pm

Torisakia wrote:I'd ask if they can take me with them when they leave to go back home. I'll stowaway if I have to.

You'd probably have to live in some kind of fish tank-like enclosure while you are with them, since there is a good chance their living environment would be deadly for us and vice versa.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:00 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Torisakia wrote:I'd ask if they can take me with them when they leave to go back home. I'll stowaway if I have to.

You'd probably have to live in some kind of fish tank-like enclosure while you are with them, since there is a good chance their living environment would be deadly for us and vice versa.

Sandy! From Spongebob square pants.

https://images.app.goo.gl/2i8xx1VUf5r9Uf5i8

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:06 pm

You’d try to kick it with a parasitic xenomorph hive mind we can’t comprehend?
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

MGTOWia
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby MGTOWia » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:59 pm

The Archregimancy wrote:
MGTOWia wrote:
And you're assuming that the aliens wouldn't deliberately introduce viruses or other biological agents engineered to be effective against us.

I am indeed making that assumption.

Largely because that's the precise scenario specifically outlined in the thread OP:

Socio Polor wrote:Let's imagine for a moment...a hypothetical scenario. A scenario in which you found out that next year, 2021, will be the year that various extraterrestrial civilizations come to earth to make contact with us humans. When I say contact, I don't mean an invasion like scenario where ETs are coming to take over the planet and enslave or wipe out humankind. I speak of a scenario where multiple different ET civilizations (lets say well over two dozen of them) come to land their crafts in a public location in order to establish open peaceful contact with the human race for the purpose of meeting each other, we as humans finding out we aren't alone in the universe, sharing cultural knowledge, etc.

An OP that you obviously didn't bother to read.

Actually I did read it. My issue is, claiming to come in peace can't be taken at face value. As I alluded to previously.

The OP says, "How would YOU react?" and that's how I would react. So who's "obviously" not bothering to read the OP?
"The more money you make, the more women you should avoid." -- YouTube user Anubis_X64

"Wokeness is a disease. MGTOW is the cure."

"Love: (n) the mechanism the human species has evolved to keep males and females from killing each other long enough to produce and raise offspring."

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:10 am

MGTOWia wrote:
The Archregimancy wrote:
I am indeed making that assumption.

Largely because that's the precise scenario specifically outlined in the thread OP:

An OP that you obviously didn't bother to read.

Actually I did read it. My issue is, claiming to come in peace can't be taken at face value. As I alluded to previously.

The OP says, "How would YOU react?" and that's how I would react. So who's "obviously" not bothering to read the OP?

If they've already landed (as per the OP) we can be pretty sure their intention ISN'T to exterminate us. They could do that from space.

They might still be hostile, eg interested in taking slaves away, or enslaving us here, but at least we know they're not xenocidal.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

MGTOWia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby MGTOWia » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:25 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:If they've already landed (as per the OP) we can be pretty sure their intention ISN'T to exterminate us. They could do that from space.

They might still be hostile, eg interested in taking slaves away, or enslaving us here, but at least we know they're not xenocidal.

I don't think we can even make that statement. But I won't belabor it any further than to say that, until it is proven beyond all reasonable doubt that these aliens do NOT intend, sooner or later, to conquer us, wipe us out, or put us on the menu, I wouldn't trust them. Again, that would be MY reaction.
"The more money you make, the more women you should avoid." -- YouTube user Anubis_X64

"Love: (n) the mechanism the human species has evolved to keep males and females from killing each other long enough to produce and raise offspring."

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:34 pm

MGTOWia wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:If they've already landed (as per the OP) we can be pretty sure their intention ISN'T to exterminate us. They could do that from space.

I don't think we can even make that statement. But I won't belabor it any further than to say that, until it is proven beyond all reasonable doubt that these aliens do NOT intend, sooner or later, to conquer us, wipe us out, or put us on the menu, I wouldn't trust them. Again, that would be MY reaction.

There can never be any such proof, so you'll never trust them.

Some of us will be empowered by alien technology and alien ways of thinking. You'll be out of a job, spinning your conspiracy theories on the old-technology websites you can still access. "I refuse all things alien, I don't trust them. Who needs x-ray vision anyway?"

Who knows, you may be right after all! Most of humanity falls for the "free holiday around Procyon B" offer and are never seen again. While the meek inherit the Earth.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:39 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
MGTOWia wrote:

Some of us will be empowered by alien technology and alien ways of thinking. You'll be out of a job, spinning your conspiracy theories on the old-technology websites you can still access. "I refuse all things alien, I don't trust them. Who needs x-ray vision anyway?"

Who knows, you may be right after all! Most of humanity falls for the "free holiday around Procyon B" offer and are never seen again. While the meek inherit the Earth.

Relevant
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

MGTOWia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby MGTOWia » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
MGTOWia wrote:

"I don't trust them" =/= "I refuse all things alien." To the contrary, I would support taking as much knowledge from them as we could grab, and then further developing it along our own lines. Just in case we ever need to use it to defend ourselves against them.

Tornado Queendom
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2016
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Tornado Queendom » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:31 pm

MGTOWia wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

"I don't trust them" =/= "I refuse all things alien." To the contrary, I would support taking as much knowledge from them as we could grab, and then further developing it along our own lines. Just in case we ever need to use it to defend ourselves against them.

And then Aliens bring back Enron and run it better than us primitives.

Seriously, though. I believe in endless possibilities for this, none of which involve Aliens being pro-diversity.
UNDER ECONOMIC MARTIAL LAW (Communism)
The craziest schizo on NationStates. National Trotskyism is my ideology.
Enron Did Nothing Wrong
Stay Home™
There are three genders: Male, Female, and Spam. I respect your opinion if you think otherwise.
Epstein Didn't Kill Himself™
The future will not look like the Jetsons, it will look like Mutant Rampage BodySlam.

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:10 am

Tornado Queendom wrote:
MGTOWia wrote:

And then Aliens bring back Enron and run it better than us primitives.

Seriously, though. I believe in endless possibilities for this, none of which involve Aliens being pro-diversity.

Why rule out them being pro-diversity (by which I assume you mean, okay with other intelligent species)?
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Big Jim P
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Big Jim P » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:55 am

Flarbinia wrote:Get my gun. I've seen enough films to know that aliens can't be trusted.

Aliens, hell. I don't trust humans. Which is why I have guns.
Hail Satan!
Happily married to Roan Cara, The first RL NS marriage, and Pope Joan is my Father-in-law.
I edit my posts to fix typos.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General