NATION

PASSWORD

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:
A quote can be written down, and documents from the time period, if directly copied (or indeed with careful editing that changes the text solely for the purposes of making it more comprehensible for modern audiences), count as primary sources. You should seriously get some to back up your point, and soon.

Editing text makes it primary? If so, primary sources don't seem to be good, fella.

Assuming we ignore that the whole only to make it more readable, and discount anything our than direct copying as a primary source. It's a good thing that 6 of the 7 primary sources I gave you are unedited documents then innit? How many have you shown 0? How many secondary sources still 0? Tertiary? Are you ready to admit you have no sources?
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:48 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Post War America wrote:
TIL dramatic rhetoric is terrorism.

... No. TYL calling for the murder of people and then actually going through with it several times is terrorism.

When, when have BLM activists gone through with the murder of cops? Furthermore when have these actions been condoned by the wider movement?
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:57 pm

Post War America wrote:
... No. TYL calling for the murder of people and then actually going through with it several times is terrorism.

When, when have BLM activists gone through with the murder of cops? Furthermore when have these actions been condoned by the wider movement?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_shoo ... e_officers

Keep in mind even prior to BLM existing, the same manner of grievance politics existed and has been doing the exact same thing for years.

BLM is just the latest flag made by the people who have convinced African Americans that literally everyone in America wants them dead.
Last edited by The Emerald Legion on Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:58 pm

The video does not refute what I said, about state rights.
Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:Editing text makes it primary? If so, primary sources don't seem to be good, fella.

Assuming we ignore that the whole only to make it more readable, and discount anything our than direct copying as a primary source. It's a good thing that 6 of the 7 primary sources I gave you are unedited documents then innit? How many have you shown 0? How many secondary sources still 0? Tertiary? Are you ready to admit you have no sources?

1. All of your sources are not proof. They show nothing. The south didn't say, we go away cuz slavery, byyyyyyeeeee. They left due to state rights, of the many was slavery, but not the only one.

2. Hmmm, sources are not time travelers, only as smart as the people who say them. And I only saw 3.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Post War America wrote:

"Micah X. Johnson was a registered member of Black Lives Matter." Hell of a reach.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Gormwood wrote:

"Micah X. Johnson was a registered member of Black Lives Matter." Hell of a reach.

BLM: "We want Dead Cops."

Micah: *Kills a bunch of cops while being part of BLM.*

BLM: *surprised pikachu face.*
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Rost Dreadnorramus
Envoy

Founded: Aug 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rost Dreadnorramus » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:01 pm

Just like Antifa, BLM has taken a just cause and used it as an excuse to commit crimes ranging from attacking people to damaging and destroying both public and private property.

The root idea of the movement is in my opinion a just and noble one, however just as with the fight against Fascism it has been corrupted and turned into yet another tool by which the Communists can create division and unrest and further their agenda.

So yes, the organization known as Black Lives Matter is by my own opinion, and according to the definition laid down by the F.B.I. a terrorist organization and ought to be treated as such.

If you want to do good for the Black people of America, follow the example of the Great, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr (if ever America needed his words, it is now more them ever).
Last edited by Rost Dreadnorramus on Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0=={]=====>

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:03 pm

Post War America wrote:

Per your own source

"Leaders associated with the Black Lives Matter movement, including organizers of the protest rally, condemned the shooting.[163][164]"

La xinga wrote:The video does not refute what I said, about state rights.
Post War America wrote:

1. All of your sources are not proof. They show nothing. The south didn't say, we go away cuz slavery, byyyyyyeeeee. They left due to state rights, of the many was slavery, but not the only one.

2. Hmmm, sources are not time travelers, only as smart as the people who say them. And I only saw 3.

There were five documents of secession, the constitution, and a direct quote from the Vice President of the CSA, that's 7. Each of them, and especially the quote by Stephens explicitly mention slavery as a core, if not the sole reason for leaving. Regardless, you are making a claim that you have provided zero evidence, of any kind, to back up. Hell, at this point I'd actually bother reading something straight out of NathanForestDidNothingWrong.com.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Post War America wrote:

Per your own source

"Leaders associated with the Black Lives Matter movement, including organizers of the protest rally, condemned the shooting.[163][164]"

There were five documents of secession, the constitution, and a direct quote from the Vice President of the CSA, that's 7. Each of them, and especially the quote by Stephens explicitly mention slavery as a core, if not the sole reason for leaving. Regardless, you are making a claim that you have provided zero evidence, of any kind, to back up. Hell, at this point I'd actually bother reading something straight out of NathanForestDidNothingWrong.com.

BLM doesn't have leaders, remember? It's a social movement, not an organization. Besides NBC is hardly an unbiased source.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:05 pm

Post War America wrote:

Per your own source

1. OH, so BLM has leaders, so it is a group!
2. They mentioned state rights as well, especially Georgia.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Rost Dreadnorramus wrote:Just like Antifa, BLM has taken a just cause and used it as an excuse to commit crimes ranging from attacking people to damaging and destroying both public and private property.

The root idea of the movement is in my opinion a just and noble one, however just as with the fight against Fascism it has been corrupted and turned into yet another tool by which the Communists can create division and unrest and further their agenda.

So yes, the organization known as Black Lives Matter is by my own opinion, and according to the definition laid down by the F.B.I. a terrorist organization and ought to be treated as such.

If you want to do good for the Black people of America, follow the example of the Great, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr (if ever America needed his words, it is now more them ever).

"I must confess that over the past few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to 'order' than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice" - Rvd. Martin Luther King Jr.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:06 pm

Mazel wrote:A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:
"Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature." -Copied directly from FBI website

Organizations such as the KKK fall into this category but weirdly, the most destructive political movement in the 21st century responsible for billions of dollars worth of property damage, countless attacks on innocent people and police, and violent rhetoric among MANY more horrible things they have done isn't a domestic terrorist organization. WHY?

Personally I do support equality for all races, and the idea that "Black Lives Matter"in the purest form is great, I know that in some areas of society there is few blacks represented, I like the words they officially speak. Their actions are another story though, the politicians are scared to speak badly of them because of the name of the organization.

If I built out an organization named Catz Rule which on the website claimsWe are an organization dedicated to spreading the word on how great cats and kittens are however in our demonstrations we attacked innocent people, burned down businesses, and were responsible for the death of hundreds of cats, we would be known as a terrorist organization. The same should be for BLM, it is a sad truth that they are treated better because they are black, that is horrible, as I said ALL races should be treated equally, they are a hate/domestic terrorist organization and should be seen as such.

Thanks for reading, please continue the thread, tell me if you agree or disagree and why.

The biggest reason for why BLM is not considered a terrorist group is because it is illegal for the US government to do so. Giving the government the power to label domestic groups as terror organizations has vast implications for certain groups that the government may not like (including those that currently control the government ie. Donald Trump). This is why, despite there being so many terrorist/hate groups in the US, not a single one is officially labeled as a terrorist organization. But yet they are still infiltrated by departments like the FBI, which is another reason why BLM is not a terrorist group.

If BLM were to be considered an actually dangerous group, the FBI would very well be involved in infiltrating and dismantling the organization. Just like they did with the Black Panther movement.

Addressing the supposed damages that was cited that BLM has done. So BLM has supposedly caused property damage on the level of that of Hurricane Katrina?

All in all, this OP just sounds like a reactionary hot take, considering the OP is chalking up the fact that BLM is not a terrorist group to being because they are black.

It could just as well be possible that the violence that comes from this group is due to years of continuous protesting with no visible gains ever being gotten because "elected" officials refuse to even listen or communicate with them. This has led to the more radical voices becoming prominent because the only way to make their demands heard is by becoming more radical. And this seems to be working for them. Now, there is reform taking place in some cities with others following many of BLMs demands, from the moderate demands to the radical demands. And while the President attempts to paint himself as a "law and order" official, this will not stop BLM from continuing to do what they're doing now to push more reform through their communities and throughout the rest of the United States.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:07 pm

Gormwood wrote:"Micah X. Johnson was a registered member of Black Lives Matter." Hell of a reach.

BLM: "We want Dead Cops."

Micah: *Kills a bunch of cops while being part of BLM.*

BLM: *surprised pikachu face.*

I'm sure you can provide us a source for BLM as a whole calling for the murder of police as opposed to some randos yelling on video about killing them. And you're still implying Johnson was an actual BLM activist which is plain bullshit.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:08 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:
Per your own source

1. OH, so BLM has leaders, so it is a group!

1. Leaders associated with, not leaders of, I understand that English may not be your first language, but that's a pretty important distinction.

2. What states rights? What states rights, other than slavery were they trying to protect? Can you see one that isn't tied to slavery? Can you even see one that isn't slavery itself? Or is States rights just an empty buzzword?
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:08 pm

Rost Dreadnorramus wrote:Just like Antifa, BLM has taken a just cause and used it as an excuse to commit crimes ranging from attacking people to damaging and destroying both public and private property.

King was considered a communist agitator and the FBI conducted unauthorized surveillance of him and used information gathered from them to tell him to kill himself or have his secrets exposed.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:10 pm

If the Civil War was fought for states' rights, then there are only 2 policies that have ever been spoken of in that context. Taxes/tariffs, and slavery. The entire point of the "States' Rights" argument is to deflect from admitting the CW was caused by slavery, therefore, you have to look at the taxes and tariffs. And the primary dispute over them was caused by slavery.

The 2nd (9:01) and 4th (17:15) videos go into better detail about proving that slavery was the reason.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:10 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:1. OH, so BLM has leaders, so it is a group!

1. Leaders associated with, not leaders of, I understand that English may not be your first language, but that's a pretty important distinction.

2. What states rights? What states rights, other than slavery were they trying to protect? Can you see one that isn't tied to slavery? Can you even see one that isn't slavery itself? Or is States rights just an empty buzzword?

1. The difference is?
2. Probably big gov vs small, and less state interference with everything.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Grenartia wrote:

If the Civil War was fought for states' rights, then there are only 2 policies that have ever been spoken of in that context. Taxes/tariffs, and slavery. The entire point of the "States' Rights" argument is to deflect from admitting the CW was caused by slavery, therefore, you have to look at the taxes and tariffs. And the primary dispute over them was caused by slavery.

The 2nd (9:01) and 4th (17:15) videos go into better detail about proving that slavery was the reason.

I'm not watching even more now. Since he doesn't address what I'm referring to.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:12 pm

La xinga wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I'm not watching even more now. Since he doesn't address what I'm referring to.

Except, he does. He even sources every claim he makes, using legitimate sources.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:13 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

1. The difference is?

1) Leaders associated with could be anybody important who is associated with the movement. In this case it could very well mean random community leaders that have only minimal ties to the movement. Though that is admittedly unlikely, it is far more believable that leaders associated with means people who are responsible for organization of BLM rallies in the local area, or ideological figureheads that have no real control over local groups past writing generalized manifestos.

2) Care to back that up or are you making suppositions?
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Cyng
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyng » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:14 pm

Yes

Federal Republic Of America And The Cari
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Republic Of America And The Cari » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:17 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.

More evidence we need

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Grenartia wrote:
La xinga wrote:I'm not watching even more now. Since he doesn't address what I'm referring to.

Except, he does. He even sources every claim he makes, using legitimate sources.

I watched, he didn't mention my claim.
Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:1. The difference is?

1) Leaders associated with could be anybody important who is associated with the movement. In this case it could very well mean random community leaders that have only minimal ties to the movement. Though that is admittedly unlikely, it is far more believable that leaders associated with means people who are responsible for organization of BLM rallies in the local area, or ideological figureheads that have no real control over local groups past writing generalized manifestos.

2) Care to back that up or are you making suppositions?

1. You don't need to be an official leader to be a leader.

From Mississippi:

Slavery?
The same hostility dismembered Texas and seized upon all the territory acquired from Mexico.

Besides slavery, not allowing an equal approach:
It refuses the admission of new slave States into the Union, and seeks to extinguish it by confining it within its present limits, denying the power of expansion.

Equality, not slavery:
It advocates negro equality, socially and politically, and promotes insurrection and incendiarism in our midst.

In Texas, Not about work, but about "burning towns now"
They have sent hired emissaries among us to burn our towns and distribute arms and poison to our slaves for the same purpose.

I do not support slavery or segregation, but I do not believe slavery is the only reason.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:32 pm

Andsed wrote:
La xinga wrote:?

1. From his opinion, if they do, then terror, if not, fine.
2. What do you mean by this?

You cannot assign a single rhetoric to a social movement That is just not how they work. All a movement like BLM is is a just a general idea that people agree on. But aside from that members of movement will differ widely in their belief. Hence why one cannot declare a movement as a terrorist organization. Because that would include all supporters of the movement, the violent and peaceful ones.

*Coughs in Gamergate*.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:34 pm

La xinga wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

I watched, he didn't mention my claim.

Which claim was that?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General