NATION

PASSWORD

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:14 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:
The Union didn't care about slavery until 1863. The Confederates were fighting to preserve slavery. The Confederate Constitution, and several State Secession declarations make that clear. Furthermore the CS constitution explicitly forbade the creation or establishment of Free States if that wasn't clear enough.

That's the constitution, not the secession notes.

The Constitution explicitly forbids restrictions on Slavery barring a limitation of the Slave Trade to the North American continent. That should make it clear. If not Here is the manifesto of the CSA spoken by its Vice President in 1861 making clear the aims of the CSA, and here are the secession documents by state, in almost every single one they explicitly mention slavery being a cause for secession, if not they dance around the term but mean the same fucking thing. You have precisely zero fucking legs to stand on. Just the four papers on that one pace yield the term slave 83 times on a simple ctrl+f.
Last edited by Post War America on Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Grenartia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 14, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:16 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:
The Union didn't care about slavery until 1863. The Confederates were fighting to preserve slavery. The Confederate Constitution, and several State Secession declarations make that clear. Furthermore the CS constitution explicitly forbade the creation or establishment of Free States if that wasn't clear enough.

That's the constitution, not the secession notes.

CHEKCMATE, LINCOLNITES!
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.
Mostly a girl. She or they pronouns, please. Unrepentant transbian.
Reject tradition, embrace modernity.
People who call themselves based NEVER are.
The truth about kids transitioning.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:20 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:That's the constitution, not the secession notes.

The Constitution explicitly forbids restrictions on Slavery barring a limitation of the Slave Trade to the North American continent. That should make it clear. If not Here is the manifesto of the CSA spoken by its Vice President in 1861 making clear the aims of the CSA, and here are the secession documents by state, in almost every single one they explicitly mention slavery being a cause for secession, if not they dance around the term but mean the same fucking thing. You have precisely zero fucking legs to stand on. Just the four papers on that one pace yield the term slave 83 times on a simple ctrl+f.

Why are you linking me Georgia?
Grenartia wrote:
La xinga wrote:That's the constitution, not the secession notes.

CHEKCMATE, LINCOLNITES!

:?:
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

Those are the full, unedited, ordinances of secession for Georgia, Texas, Mississippi, Virginia, and South Carolina. That should be a sufficient sample size for the causes of states leaving the Union.
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:22 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

That YouTuber debunks lost cause myths. I've seen their videos.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:25 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:Why are you linking me Georgia?

Those are the full, unedited, ordinances of secession for Georgia, Texas, Mississippi, Virginia, and South Carolina. That should be a sufficient sample size for the causes of states leaving the Union.

I see more than just slavery.
The Reformed American Republic wrote:
La xinga wrote:Why are you linking me Georgia?

That YouTuber debunks lost cause myths. I've seen their videos.

And?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:28 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

Alright then. Let me see some primary sources backing up your claim that it was mostly "States Rights" that caused the Southern states to secede, and before you go, I will be checking which specific states rights are being protected.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:28 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

The Reformed American Republic wrote:That YouTuber debunks lost cause myths. I've seen their videos.

And?

He has an entire series addressing "lost cause"-isms, called Checkmate, Lincolnites, including debunking all of the "states rights" bullshit.
Lib-left. Antifascist, antitankie, anti-capitalist, anti-imperialist (including the imperialism of non-western countries). Christian (Unitarian Universalist). Background in physics.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:30 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:I see more than just slavery.

Alright then. Let me see some primary sources backing up your claim that it was mostly "States Rights" that caused the Southern states to secede, and before you go, I will be checking which specific states rights are being protected.

What do you mean by "primary sources?"
Grenartia wrote:
La xinga wrote:I see more than just slavery.

And?

He has an entire series addressing "lost cause"-isms, called Checkmate, Lincolnites, including debunking all of the "states rights" bullshit.

I'm not spending an hour watching it. I have better stuff to do.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

Grenartia wrote:

Because having your sacred cow debunked is scawy.

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:31 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

I mean documents or quotes from the time, by people involved. Because I have provided nothing less than a mountain of primary sources to refute your claim.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:32 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

Grenartia wrote:

But you have an hour to waste on NSG arguing about it.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:32 pm

Genivaria wrote:
La xinga wrote:What do you mean by "primary sources?"

Because having your sacred cow debunked is scawy.

Sacred cow?
Post War America wrote:

I mean documents or quotes from the time, by people involved. Because I have provided nothing less than a mountain of primary sources to refute your claim.

No people today that we know about for sure survived the civil war and still live today.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Grenartia wrote:

You think I'm staying here for more than an hour?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:34 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

No people today that we know about for sure survived the civil war and still live today.

Does the concept of the written word elude you?
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Post War America wrote:

You know, I personally think that if one has a historical opinion, it should be considered entirely invalid if they have no fucking clue what a primay source is.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:No people today that we know about for sure survived the civil war and still live today.

I'm sorry; what?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:36 pm

La xinga wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

You think I'm staying here for more than an hour?

I'm just saying, you're doing an awful lot of talking here to be claiming you don't have the time to watch a 10 minute (not even a sixth of an hour) video.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:37 pm

Grenartia wrote:
La xinga wrote:You think I'm staying here for more than an hour?

I'm just saying, you're doing an awful lot of talking here to be claiming you don't have the time to watch a 10 minute (not even a sixth of an hour) video.

You said he has a whole series.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:37 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

I'm sorry; what?

You know, documents, writing, the physical recording of words into a written medium so that they may be preserved for posterity, that sort of thing.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:38 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:I'm sorry; what?

You know, documents, writing, the physical recording of words into a written medium so that they may be preserved for posterity, that sort of thing.

If that's the case, then there is no non-primary source.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Post War America
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:40 pm

La xinga wrote:
Post War America wrote:

If that's the case, then there is no non-primary source.

A quote can be written down, and documents from the time period, if directly copied (or indeed with careful editing that changes the text solely for the purposes of making it more comprehensible for modern audiences), count as primary sources. You should seriously get some to back up your point, and soon.
For those who care
Not Post-Apocalyptic

Grenartia
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Grenartia » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:40 pm

La xinga wrote:
Grenartia wrote:

You said he has a whole series.

Yeah, 4 videos, only 47 minutes in total, and I linked you the 3rd of the 4.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:42 pm

Post War America wrote:
La xinga wrote:If that's the case, then there is no non-primary source.

A quote can be written down, and documents from the time period, if directly copied (or indeed with careful editing that changes the text solely for the purposes of making it more comprehensible for modern audiences), count as primary sources. You should seriously get some to back up your point, and soon.

Editing text makes it primary? If so, primary sources don't seem to be good, fella.
Grenartia wrote:
La xinga wrote:You said he has a whole series.

Yeah, 4 videos, only 47 minutes in total, and I linked you the 3rd of the 4.

Hmm, one second, I'll see some of them then. I didn't know a series could be just 4 vids.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:45 pm

Post War America wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
I'm sorry, but just because you don't have a leader doesn't make you not an organization. When you have entire groups of people marching down the street saying they want dead cops and to fry the pigs like bacon.... well.

when you make your movement vague and hard to define? Well, people are going to include the radicals with you. You have to have a clearly defined 'group' if you want security.

TIL dramatic rhetoric is terrorism.

... No. TYL calling for the murder of people and then actually going through with it several times is terrorism.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General