NATION

PASSWORD

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:34 pm

Diarcesia wrote:This gets better. If BLMers are terrorists, what about the Boogaloo Boys? Yes. This is valid whataboutism.

When I think of the word "terrorism", it comes with a lot of explosions in civilian areas, such as blowing up a market or 9/11. Burning dumpsters, wrecking cars, assaulting people, etc. while terrible and should be prosecuted, does not qualify for terrorism. BLM needs to do something bigger like the Oklahoma bombing to reach the terrorist status.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Tolopel
Attaché

Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolopel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:38 pm

let's be honest

it most likely is

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:38 pm

No, but the Klan is.

/Thread.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Organized States wrote:No, but the Klan is.

/Thread.

This is not Forum 7.

Stylan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Stylan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Really?

Even ignoring that BLM isn't really an organization per se, how the fuck is an organization that advocates for an equality a terrorist group? This reeks of fascism.
[align=center]Christian.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:40 pm

Picairn wrote:

/Thread.

This is not Forum 7.

...?
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Stylan wrote:Really?

Even ignoring that BLM isn't really an organization per se, how the fuck is an organization that advocates for an equality a terrorist group? This reeks of fascism.

well we got to page 3 before someone erroneously used the word fascism

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:42 pm

Atheris wrote:...?

I routinely see this kind of code (/thread, /skip, etc.) in Forum 7.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:43 pm

Picairn wrote:

/Thread.

This is not Forum 7.

No. But this has been debated over and over. And no one has come up with any plausible evidence for it to be labeled a Domestic Terrorist Organization.

So, this whole thread is moot, and should never have happened.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:45 pm

Picairn wrote:

/Thread.

This is not Forum 7.

I mean, this is the literal answer to their question. Is Black Lives Matter a terrorist group? No, they're a disorganized and non-centralized group of largely peaceful protesters (approximately 15 to 26 million of your fellow citizens to be exact), who have engaged in a concerted, direct action protest movement to call attention to the history of both systematic racism in the United States and the current social order that has resulted from that history, which is enforced by police departments across the country.

The Ku Klux Klan, on the other hand, is an organized group that has carried out violence and intimidation against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:46 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:No. But this has been debated over and over. And no one has come up with any plausible evidence for it to be labeled a Domestic Terrorist Organization.

Agree, the mods should have locked this when neither the OP nor supporters of labeling BLM a terrorist organization have provided proof for their claims.

Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:46 pm

They’re Marxists who destroy history and property, blatantly disregarding the law in the same backwards, counterproductive acts of revolution far-left ideology always touts. Like Antifa before them, they’ve taken a glorious cause and perverted it for their own personal ideals, setting relations and peace back, earning nothing but my contempt. There are diplomatic methods of communication. There are legal methods of communication. There are peaceful methods of communication. I can no longer trust my fellow statesmen in the way I formerly did, and may BLM burn in the fires of its own revolution.

That said, even if I think they should (which I do), I personally don’t have the evidence or lack of bias to objectively prove it. I also wouldn’t want the innocent peaceful protesters stripped of their rights just for associating with them. So for now no, I won’t say they’re terrorists, because all are innocent until proven guilty, and I’ve no easy way to ciminalize them without infringing upon the rights I hold dear.
Every life matters, may you all live in safety, and God save us all.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Picairn wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:No. But this has been debated over and over. And no one has come up with any plausible evidence for it to be labeled a Domestic Terrorist Organization.

Agree, the mods should have locked this when neither the OP nor supporters of labeling BLM a terrorist organization have provided proof for their claims.

Not to mention that the OP is a hit and run.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Kashimura wrote:They’re Marxists who destroy history and property, blatantly disregarding the law in the same backwards, counterproductive acts of revolution far-left ideology always touts. Like Antifa before them, they’ve taken a glorious cause and perverted it for their own personal ideals, setting relations and peace back, earning nothing but my contempt. There are diplomatic methods of communication. There are legal methods of communication. There are peaceful methods of communication. I can no longer trust my fellow statesmen in the way I formerly did, and may BLM burn in the fires of its own revolution.

That said, even if I think they should (which I do), I personally don’t have the evidence or lack of bias to objectively prove it. I also wouldn’t want the innocent peaceful protesters stripped of their rights just for associating with them. So for now no, I won’t say they’re terrorists, because all are innocent until proven guilty, and I’ve no easy way to ciminalize them without infringing upon the rights I hold dear.

Every life matters, take a shot!
Marxists, take a shot!
Antifa, take a shot!

Bro, I'm on my third shot at this point from this one post. Come up with some better Fox News talking points.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Stylan
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Stylan » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:48 pm

Kashimura wrote:They’re Marxists who destroy history and property, blatantly disregarding the law in the same backwards, counterproductive acts of revolution far-left ideology always touts. Like Antifa before them, they’ve taken a glorious cause and perverted it for their own personal ideals, setting relations and peace back, earning nothing but my contempt. There are diplomatic methods of communication. There are legal methods of communication. There are peaceful methods of communication. I can no longer trust my fellow statesmen in the way I formerly did, and may BLM burn in the fires of its own revolution.

How are they Marxists? Do they openly advocate for Marxist principles? I have not seen the official BLM page mention that ever.
[align=center]Christian.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Stylan wrote:

How are they Marxists? Do they openly advocate for Marxist principles? I have not seen the official BLM page mention that ever.

It's the classic, "every political position I don't like is Communism" fallacy.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:49 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:Not to mention that the OP is a hit and run.

Bait will always be bait.

USALO
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby USALO » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:50 pm

((((""""Y.E.S.""""))))>>>>!!!!

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Catsfern wrote:
Stylan wrote:Really?

I mean, when people get all fussed about the activity of anti-fascist groups, their motives do become somewhat suspect.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:51 pm

USALO wrote:((((""""Y.E.S.""""))))>>>>!!!!

Evidence to back up your "yes"?

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Post War America wrote:
Catsfern wrote:

I mean, when people get all fussed about the activity of anti-fascist groups, their motives do become somewhat suspect.

oh please the "fascism" that Antifa is fighting against doesn't even begin to actually fit in with what fascism actually is.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Post War America wrote:Ask me again, when BLM activists perform a lynching, claim to have done it in the name of BLM, and not have it be disavowed by other groups within the movement. Then maybe we can talk about them getting that label.

Or when their an actual organized group planning and carrying out attacks instead of an unorganized social movement.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Organized States
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:56 pm

Andsed wrote:
Post War America wrote:Ask me again, when BLM activists perform a lynching, claim to have done it in the name of BLM, and not have it be disavowed by other groups within the movement. Then maybe we can talk about them getting that label.

Or when their an actual organized group planning and carrying out attacks instead of an unorganized social movement.

Like the Klan?

Thank you, that is the last time I will mention the Klan tonight.
Thank God for OS!- Deian

Post War America
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 05, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Post War America » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:57 pm

Catsfern wrote:
Post War America wrote:

oh please the "fascism" that Antifa is fighting against doesn't even begin to actually fit in with what fascism actually is.

Sure, if you confine Fascism to a very limited definition operated under a limited list of states in the 20th century. A certain form of nationalist thought, that seeks to return to the past, and seeks out the rolling back of rights for minorities has swept the western world in recent times, and you know what they say about things that walk and quack like ducks.
Ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem delendam esse
Proudly Banned from the 10000 Islands
For those who care
A PMT Social Democratic Genepunk/Post Cyberpunk Nation the practices big (atomic) stick diplomacy
Not Post-Apocalyptic
Economic Left: -9.62
Social Libertarian: -6.00
Unrepentant New England Yankee
Gravlen wrote:The famous Bowling Green Massacre is yesterday's news. Today it's all about the Cricket Blue Carnage. Tomorrow it'll be about the Curling Yellow Annihilation.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:58 pm

People should stop replying to this thread and let it die. The OP is entirely absent from the discussion, while supporters of labeling BLM a terrorist organization have run away after making inflammatory statements. It is apparent to me that they are here to rile people up and troll, not to create an honest debate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General