NATION

PASSWORD

Should Black Lives Matter be considered a terrorist group?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Mazel
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mazel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:32 pm

A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:
"Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature." -Copied directly from FBI website

Organizations such as the KKK fall into this category but weirdly, the most destructive political movement in the 21st century responsible for billions of dollars worth of property damage, countless attacks on innocent people and police, and violent rhetoric among MANY more horrible things they have done isn't a domestic terrorist organization. WHY?

Personally I do support equality for all races, and the idea that "Black Lives Matter"in the purest form is great, I know that in some areas of society there is few blacks represented, I like the words they officially speak. Their actions are another story though, the politicians are scared to speak badly of them because of the name of the organization.

If I built out an organization named Catz Rule which on the website claimsWe are an organization dedicated to spreading the word on how great cats and kittens are however in our demonstrations we attacked innocent people, burned down businesses, and were responsible for the death of hundreds of cats, we would be known as a terrorist organization. The same should be for BLM, it is a sad truth that they are treated better because they are black, that is horrible, as I said ALL races should be treated equally, they are a hate/domestic terrorist organization and should be seen as such.

Thanks for reading, please continue the thread, tell me if you agree or disagree and why.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:36 pm

I think there isn't enough evidence to say that they are a terrorist group. Do they have upstarts within though? Yes.
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:37 pm

This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Thanatttynia
Senator

Founded: Nov 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thanatttynia » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:38 pm

No
Syng I wolde, butt, alas! decendunt prospera grata.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Thanatttynia wrote:No

/thread

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Punished UMN wrote:This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.

That too. I need evidence that shows BLM seeks to do this.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Provide credible evidence for your serious allegations with news articles within the green zone of this chart, before I can make a judgement on their actions.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:41 pm

Mazel wrote:A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:
"Violent, criminal acts committed by individuals and/or groups to further ideological goals stemming from domestic influences, such as those of a political, religious, social, racial, or environmental nature." -Copied directly from FBI website

Organizations such as the KKK fall into this category but weirdly, the most destructive political movement in the 21st century responsible for billions of dollars worth of property damage, countless attacks on innocent people and police, and violent rhetoric among MANY more horrible things they have done isn't a domestic terrorist organization. WHY?

Personally I do support equality for all races, and the idea that "Black Lives Matter"in the purest form is great, I know that in some areas of society there is few blacks represented, I like the words they officially speak. Their actions are another story though, the politicians are scared to speak badly of them because of the name of the organization.

If I built out an organization named Catz Rule which on the website claimsWe are an organization dedicated to spreading the word on how great cats and kittens are however in our demonstrations we attacked innocent people, burned down businesses, and were responsible for the death of hundreds of cats, we would be known as a terrorist organization. The same should be for BLM, it is a sad truth that they are treated better because they are black, that is horrible, as I said ALL races should be treated equally, they are a hate/domestic terrorist organization and should be seen as such.

Thanks for reading, please continue the thread, tell me if you agree or disagree and why.

Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:42 pm

Didn't we already have a whole thread on this that had a pretty clear conclusion?
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

So no evidence then?
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Japan and Pacific States wrote:
Mazel wrote:A domestic terrorist organization is defined by the FBI as:

Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.

Holocene Extinction

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Deacarsia » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:46 pm

Yea, “Black Lives Matter” should be considered a terrorist group.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:52 pm

Picairn wrote:
Japan and Pacific States wrote:Black lives matter has recently in the past few months, mirrored ISIS in certain aspects in that they have torn down statues(ISIS tore down ancient statues in museums and destroyed ancient cities). They're an organisation which has done comparably worse with absolutely annihilating race relations in the United States and in the UK. They're certainly a terror organisation without question, as is antifa, at this point both are one and the same.

So no evidence then?

I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.

The Reformed American Republic wrote:

Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.

They've certainly done enough in the US and UK to warrant it, it takes merely a search on bing to see it.
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:54 pm

Yeah I don't think this thread is going to end well...
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Deacarsia wrote:Yea, “Black Lives Matter” should be considered a terrorist group.

based post
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:58 pm

Picairn wrote:So no evidence then?

I'm not your search engine. Find it yourself or don't continue the conversation.

The Reformed American Republic wrote:Many within are Marxist loons, but I think "terrorism" requires more than some skirmishes and statue teardowns. I have no love for BLM but terrorism is not a label that is taken lightly.

They've certainly done enough in the US and UK to warrant it, it takes merely a search on bing to see it.

Let me load up the ye olde Internet Explorer for this.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

I wouldn't say the general BLM movement in and of itself is terrorism, but I would say some individuals are using it as a reason to commit acts that would be considered terrorism

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

That...is NOT how debate works. You made the claim, now you need to back it up.
Last edited by Shazbotdom on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Fedel
Minister

Founded: Mar 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Fedel » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Punished UMN wrote:This is a silly definition. Terrorism is only violence against civilians for the purpose of causing terror among the population.

Would you say it's impossible that some members of BLM believe that causing terror among the population is a viable path to their ultimate goal, similar to how many members of the KKK or Islamic terrorist organizations believing that causing terror among the population is a viable path to theirs? Just curious.
Last edited by Fedel on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:01 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, hoooooooo...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

No.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:02 pm

...You're aware the burden of proof lies on you, right?
Last edited by Atheris on Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:

Never said I was debating I've spent enough time on twitter to know that anyone who refutes my point with "evidence please" is clearly asking to have said evidence spoon fed to them. Making them look for the evidence is more.... How would one put this.... Effective. In proving the point. And I'm sick of doing everything for someone who screams "EviDEncE PlEESe"

Fennoscandia Union
Attaché

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fennoscandia Union » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:05 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:

Agree with this.
Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our times

If you support Capitalism, put this in your signature
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Shazbotdom wrote:

Never said I was debating I've spent enough time on twitter to know that anyone who refutes my point with "evidence please" is clearly asking to have said evidence spoon fed to them. Making them look for the evidence is more.... How would one put this.... Effective. In proving the point. And I'm sick of doing everything for someone who screams "EviDEncE PlEESe"

This is a discussion thread, if you raise a point its your burden to support it, not to make everyone else do what should be your legwork, If you think BLM is acting like a terrorist organisation please provide evidence of that, or if you can't don't raise the point.

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:07 pm

Fedel wrote:

Would you say it's impossible that some members of BLM believe that causing terror among the population is a viable path to their ultimate goal, similar to how many members of the KKK or Islamic terrorist organizations believing that causing terror among the population is a viable path to theirs? Just curious.

What some within a movement believe doesn't define the movement's actions.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General