NATION

PASSWORD

Justice Ginsburg in the hospital twice in a fortnight

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Justice Ginsburg in the hospital twice in a fortnight

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:57 pm

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics ... index.html

This is breaking news with ramifications that could change the face of the supreme court.

This is breaking news.

Judge Barrett is the most likely replacement.

Update: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/17/politics ... index.html

Update 2.0
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/2 ... tal-387588
Last edited by Greed and Death on Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Greed and Death wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized/index.html

This is breaking news with ramifications that could change the face of the supreme court.

This is breaking news.

Yeah she needs to go.
JAGERA/TURRBULL/YEERONGPAN
FIRST NATION AUSTRALIAN - ABORIGINAL

The United States is also a one party system but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.- Julius Nyerere.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:01 pm

Greed and Death wrote:https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-hospitalized/index.html

This is breaking news.

Amy Barrett?

Well by the argument of the republicans and Old McC; Ginsburg's seat has to go to a liberal as Scalia's had to go to a conservative.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:46 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

This is breaking news.

Amy Barrett?

Well by the argument of the republicans and Old McC; Ginsburg's seat has to go to a liberal as Scalia's had to go to a conservative.

Barrett is female so clearly liberal by default.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:
Amy Barrett?

:D of course she is.

The fact trump wants her placed isn't a good mark. Then again. He will probably place a guy......
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:50 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

The fact trump wants her placed isn't a good mark.

I do wish Democrats had maintained the filibuster.
Barack Obama

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:51 pm

Actually it's Serious Infection hospitalised with case of Bader Ginsburg, because that's how badass she is.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:52 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Yea that was a dumb move. The nuke option needs to go.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:54 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

They likely could have blocked Kavanuagh, and now with Ginsburg's replacement it will be needed more than ever.
Barack Obama

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

They likely could have blocked Kavanuagh, and now with Ginsburg's replacement it will be needed more than ever.

It is an election year, the republicans need to wait until the election is over, just like Obama could not appoint his judge. That of course assumes she dies/
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:02 pm

This is breaking news.

Isn't this basically the same thread as last time RBG got an infection?
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:06 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

It is an election year, the republicans need to wait until the election is over, just like Obama could not appoint his judge. That of course assumes she dies/

Do you think for a minute that will happen ?
Barack Obama

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:It is an election year, the republicans need to wait until the election is over, just like Obama could not appoint his judge. That of course assumes she dies/

Oh fuck no.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:10 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:It is an election year, the republicans need to wait until the election is over, just like Obama could not appoint his judge. That of course assumes she dies/

Of course not.
Just A Little though

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Ginsburg has been through hell and back, I think any of the people I've seen quietly presuming that this is her end are both dead wrong and way too overly partisan in the way they view these sorts of situations. I'd need a third hand to count on my fingers the number of times I've seen headlines that read "Ginsburg sick" or "Ginsburg battling (X) in hospital."

Regardless, hope she makes a swift recovery, she's a brilliant jurist and generally a fairly solid SCOTUS justice.

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:12 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:

Harry Reid kinda fucked us, to be honest.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:15 pm

Major-Tom wrote:Ginsburg has been through hell and back, I think any of the people I've seen quietly presuming that this is her end are both dead wrong and way too overly partisan in the way they view these sorts of situations. I'd need a third hand to count on my fingers the number of times I've seen headlines that read "Ginsburg sick" or "Ginsburg battling (X) in hospital."

Regardless, hope she makes a swift recovery, she's a brilliant jurist and generally a fairly solid SCOTUS justice.

People don't like to think about how Scalia liked her.

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:23 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

Harry Reid kinda fucked us, to be honest.

It was an emotional retaliation for Garland. It was doomed to fail and it cost them their only means to keep any semblance of balance.
Barack Obama

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:24 pm

Oh, is it Pray That RBG Dies So Trump Can Replace Her Time again?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Gormwood wrote:Oh, is it Pray That RBG Dies So Trump Can Replace Her Time again?

More prey that she steps down and doesn't kill herself with work so that whoever wins the election can replace her time.

The United States is also a one party system but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.- Julius Nyerere.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:27 pm

Soiled fruit roll ups wrote:

This is breaking news.

Yeah she needs to go.

:roll:
I can't decide whether you're actively wishing for the death of a Supreme Court justice or if you're just wishing that she would resign, but with the context, it seems like the former.
Anyways, please hang on RBG. We *really* need ya.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:29 pm

Gormwood wrote:Oh, is it Pray That RBG Dies So Trump Can Replace Her Time again?

More prey that she steps down and doesn't kill herself with work so that whoever wins the election can replace her time.

Oh those who want her gone aren't really concerned about her health.

Zipangese Star Empire
Attaché

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Zipangese Star Empire » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 pm

This is breaking news.

I'm hoping for coronavirus, at this point some conservatives are the only thing that'll save the US. But then again I've no hope that anything will save this world from the inevitable collapse of society brought on by the radical communists who have infiltrated certain facets of society and are bringing it down. And yes I really do believe this.
FT version of The Empire of Japanese Pacific States (Now with genetic therapy, more Muv-luv tech, some slight Half-life Combine tech, Superweapons and some slight Star Wars, Halo tech influence and a Helghast-ish military).
ZSE National News:Kouzuki industries unveils new line of 00 Units, made to be as close to human as is possible.

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:31 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

I do, and I am.
Shes done some good work, its time to stop playing partisan tug of war and let her get some rest.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:32 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:

I do, and I am.
Shes done some good work, its time to stop playing partisan tug of war and let her get some rest.

She does not want rest.
Just A Little though

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General