NATION

PASSWORD

NCFM Vice President Murdered

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:13 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Soiled fruit roll ups wrote:
Men haven't stopped being chattel.

Ignoring that practically all modern governments are male dominated plus or minus a few token women figureheads, ranting about men "still" being chattel is grounded in the dogwhistle implication that they're forced into that position by female domination.

Society has historically forced both men and women into gender roles.

There has a large push to free women from their gender roles, and it has been succeeding in some areas, although there is no pressure on a similar scale to do the same for men.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:14 pm

A shame. As someone who activates for men's rights, especially recognition of heightened male suicide rates, workplace dangers for men, and child custody percentages, this death is a blow to me. That being said, I'm with OP; I personally don't think it's related to his politics.

Greed and Death wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Not really?

Hmm where were you the morning of July 11th 2020?

Celebrating my mom's birthday. Hi, Mom!

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Ignoring that practically all modern governments are male dominated plus or minus a few token women figureheads, ranting about men "still" being chattel is grounded in the dogwhistle implication that they're forced into that position by female domination.

There has a large push to free women from their gender roles, and it has been succeeding in some areas, although there is no pressure on a similar scale to do the same for men.

This is one of my personal largest issues on my stance on men's rights. If women are allowed to be free from their societal gender roles, then men should too - but that's getting into threadjack territory.
Last edited by Atheris on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:15 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Gormwood wrote:Ignoring that practically all modern governments are male dominated plus or minus a few token women figureheads, ranting about men "still" being chattel is grounded in the dogwhistle implication that they're forced into that position by female domination.

And the MRAs rant as if that's women's fault.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:16 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Society has historically forced both men and women into gender roles.

Women, no longer accepting responsibility for actions they take.
JAGERA/TURRBULL/YEERONGPAN
FIRST NATION AUSTRALIAN - ABORIGINAL

The United States is also a one party system but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.- Julius Nyerere.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:18 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Society has historically forced both men and women into gender roles.

In some ways it is, since feminism has monopolized the discussion on ending gender roles and framed it as only a female problem, although it affects both men and women. In a perfect world, I'd love to see MRAs and feminists working together as a single movement to advance rights in general, although the current...disputes...make that difficult.

---

Although this is straying from the discussion of the murder, so we should probably shift back towards that.
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:20 pm

While I agree women should have equal rights in like everything (You needed a man and a women to start humanity), Sometimes they go to far.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:45 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Soiled fruit roll ups wrote:
And that's why what he did was necessary.

Oh right, we keep forgetting that women were the true rulers of civilization throughout human history and their chattel status was just an elaborate deception.

Inequality is not monopolized by women, Gorm.

Just as women often lack certain privileges and rights that men enjoy in excess, so to is the inverse also true. If you were a proper progressive you'd take the plights of men just as seriously as you would the plights of women.

The steady increase of human rights is not a competition.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:37 pm

Odd that there's not much reporting of it frankly.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:55 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:Odd that there's not much reporting of it frankly.

Its not the flavour of identity that people who are easily separated from their money would be convinced to be separated from their money to read about. So its market share is going to be a lot lower.

The United States is also a one party system but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.- Julius Nyerere.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:25 pm

I don’t think he was really that well known unless you follow the MRM.

Anyway, I don’t really know much about him, but based on what I read in the op, it sounds like he did some good work advocating for male victims of domestic violence.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:37 pm

Despite efforts to threadjack and downplay the heroic efforts of a dead man to piss on his grave, Marc Angelucci was a good man doing good things.

He helped a friend of a friend get VA medical benefits for PTSD after he was raped by a female soldier, and the VA declared men do not suffer PTSD from being raped. A couple of (legally threatening) letters and a call to a member of congress, and he was able to get therapy for this soldier's PTSD.
Last edited by Galloism on Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:58 pm

Galloism wrote:Despite efforts to threadjack and downplay the heroic efforts of a dead man to piss on his grave, Marc Angelucci was a good man doing good things.

He helped a friend of a friend get VA medical benefits for PTSD after he was raped by a female soldier, and the VA declared men do not suffer PTSD from being raped. A couple of (legally threatening) letters and a call to a member of congress, and he was able to get therapy for this soldier's PTSD.

Seriously VA?

Ugh, the VA needs so many reforms. It’s ridiculous.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:05 pm

Xmara wrote:

I don’t think he was really that well known unless you follow the MRM.

Anyway, I don’t really know much about him, but based on what I read in the op, it sounds like he did some good work advocating for male victims of domestic violence.

The question is why that is the case. What is it about the work Marc did that makes our society not want to acknowledge and celebrate it?
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:30 pm

Xmara wrote:
Galloism wrote:Despite efforts to threadjack and downplay the heroic efforts of a dead man to piss on his grave, Marc Angelucci was a good man doing good things.

Seriously VA?

Yeah. The unnamed people in this thread who want all the men to shut up basically just want men to suffer and die due to their gender, without a care in the world, and then try to piss on the grave of one of the very few men who took concrete legal steps to help them - after he was murdered.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 20, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Uiiop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Galloism wrote:
Xmara wrote:Seriously VA?

Yeah. The unnamed people in this thread who want all the men to shut up basically just want men to suffer and die due to their gender, without a care in the world, and then try to piss on the grave of one of the very few men who took concrete legal steps to help them - after he was murdered.

Way to exaggerate other viewpoints and biases to the point of disconnecting from reality.
This is exactly the same logic that frames any criticism of BLM as literal nazis. That hyperbolic shit is makes me befudded.
Yeah those posters suck for misunderstanding you and i'm sure that shit hurts but not everyone who misunderstands you is literally the most extreme straw-man for doing so.
#NSTransparency

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:41 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Galloism wrote:Yeah. The unnamed people in this thread who want all the men to shut up basically just want men to suffer and die due to their gender, without a care in the world, and then try to piss on the grave of one of the very few men who took concrete legal steps to help them - after he was murdered.

Way to exaggerate other viewpoints and biases to the point of disconnecting from reality.
This is exactly the same logic that frames any criticism of BLM as literal nazis. That hyperbolic shit is makes me befudded.
Yeah those posters suck for misunderstanding you and i'm sure that shit hurts but not everyone who misunderstands you is literally the most extreme straw-man for doing so.

Of course not. Plenty of fine people are uninformed or misunderstand and take time to listen. Some come to agree and some don’t

But the ones who I’m talking about know who they are. It’s not a misunderstanding. They’ve seen the data. They know the data. They even accept the data. And argue against doing anything about it because “men in legislature”. They even take time to piss on the grave of a dead man in a drive by. It’s gendered hatred.
Last edited by Galloism on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:51 pm

Galloism wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Way to exaggerate other viewpoints and biases to the point of disconnecting from reality.

Of course not. Plenty of fine people are uninformed or misunderstand and take time to listen. Some come to agree and some don’t

But the ones who I’m talking about know who they are. It’s not a misunderstanding. They’ve seen the data. They know the data. They even accept the data. And argue against doing anything about it because “men in legislature”. They even take time to piss on the grave of a dead man in a drive by. It’s gendered hatred.

Where the hell was this? For all of Vass's and Gauth's shit arugments i never read that.

Yes i'm going to be explicit in their name. The post is practically obvious bait for them to shit on you regardless on what you say it is and mean. I honesty don't think the mods would be less lenient either way.
#NSTransparency

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:00 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Galloism wrote:Yeah. The unnamed people in this thread who want all the men to shut up basically just want men to suffer and die due to their gender, without a care in the world, and then try to piss on the grave of one of the very few men who took concrete legal steps to help them - after he was murdered.

It's really not a good look to be defending the kind of blatant misandry we've seen here. If you feel called out, maybe examine that about yourself.

It's not hyperbolic to call a spade a spade.

There's a difference between criticism of say, BLM, and someone who openly adheres to a racist ideology and worldview dismissing its concerns outright as ridiculous and not worth consideration.

Calling the latter a Nazi might not always be strictly accurate, but it's close enough. Noting that such a person basically wanted black people to shut up and die would be accurate.

There is no exaggeration or bias in Gallos assessment. Denial of mens issues, experiences, and thus their humanity is a constant theme. That it makes you uncomfortable that you share a movement with those types of people is not our problem, and your need to try and humanize and excuse away their open hatred as them "Misunderstanding" is questionable, almost like you point blank refuse to believe that open hatred of men exists and have made a hobby out of rationalizing it away as explicable, normal, something else behind it.

I'll also note that your need to try and defend this open misandry by acting like it isn't there and saying its a strawman serves the same purpose of derailing the thread away from discussion of Marc, his career, and the broader context on mens issues that his murder will have.

Imagine there were a bunch of neo-nazis spouting anti-Semitic shit in a thread about a Jewish activist, and someone noted it was happening and called it out. Then you come in and start whining about the open white supremacy occurring, saying it's not there, they're just misunderstood and so on.

Have some self-awareness. Turn some of that energy onto calling yourself out instead.

As for Marc, this was a man who spent his entire life battling for men and he knows fully well how feminists don't help with that and often actively oppose it. He was probably the most accomplished mens rights activist in recent decades, and he was firmly of the opinion that feminism was anti-male, and could cite dozens of ways that's the case. The presence of this kind of shit even in a thread dedicated to his work just shows how there's much more to be done.
Ostro.MOV

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Uiiop wrote:
Galloism wrote:Of course not. Plenty of fine people are uninformed or misunderstand and take time to listen. Some come to agree and some don’t

Where the hell was this? For all of Vass's and Gauth's shit arugments i never read that.

Yes i'm going to be explicit in their name. The post is practically obvious bait for them to shit on you regardless on what you say it is and mean. I honesty don't think the mods would be less lenient either way.

Theres an easily discernible pattern.

Last post on this. This thread is about Marc and his work, and not those who would seek to denigrate it.

Cedoria
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 22, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Cedoria » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:20 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Gormwood wrote:And women are still the tyrannical overladies. Sure.

Hmm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity

"Arguments from incredulity can sometimes arise from inappropriate emotional involvement, the conflation of fantasy and reality, a lack of understanding, or an instinctive 'gut' reaction"

Hmm.

So, most MRA arguments then?
In real life I am a libertarian socialist

Abolish the state!

Ni Dieu ni Maitre!
Founding member of The Leftist Assembly

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Yall this is about a dead dude. Maybe we shouldn't argue other shit here hey bros.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:24 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
As for Marc, this was a man who spent his entire life battling for men and he knows fully well how feminists don't help with that and often actively oppose it. He was probably the most accomplished mens rights activist in recent decades, and he was firmly of the opinion that feminism was anti-male, and could cite dozens of ways that's the case. The presence of this kind of shit even in a thread dedicated to his work just shows how there's much more to be done.

He has a great history. He was actually honored by SPLC once upon a time. He was an honoree on the Wall of Tolerance.

He fought against unconstitutional denial of services for men who were victims of domestic violence. He led the charge against the gendered draft. He was suing over an illegal land grab by the county, leaving a man homeless. And he was investigating and pursuing rampant corruption in CPS before he was murdered.

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Galloism wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Where the hell was this? For all of Vass's and Gauth's shit arugments i never read that.

Last post on this. This thread is about Marc and his work, and not those who would seek to denigrate it.

https://ncfm.org/advisor-board/marc-angelucci/

This is a link to his profile and contains his recent cases.

The receivership business is something I don't understand, but the one before that was a title-9 suit into whether women's-only college programmes violated title 9, somewhat linked to a title-9 case where a feminist professor was calling for the castration and murder of white males. That professor was also banned from Tumblr for violating community guidelines against supporting terrorism. But apparently the university didn't see an issue.
But no, it's not a hate movement. These are a series of isolated incidents.

Anyway, looks like someone else will have to take that case.

We also have some lovely beyond the grave commentary from Marc here that might be relevant to the discussion;

Jasta on May 2, 2019 at 3:31 PM
Why do you hate women so much?

Marc on September 19, 2019 at 1:03 PM
Wow, you are incredibly stupid, Jasta.

Showing that even people who do this for a living and have made incredible and historic strides for civil rights don't have much tolerance for this nonsense.

Prior to that it was his case to get the male-only draft ruled unconstitutional.
Ostro.MOV

Uiiop
Powerbroker

Postby Uiiop » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Way to exaggerate other viewpoints and biases to the point of disconnecting from reality.

It's really not a good look to be defending the kind of blatant misandry we've seen here. If you feel called out, maybe examine that about yourself.

It's not hyperbolic to call a spade a spade.

There's a difference between criticism of say, BLM, and someone who openly adheres to a racist ideology and worldview dismissing its concerns outright as ridiculous and not worth consideration.

Calling the latter a Nazi might not always be strictly accurate, but it's close enough. Noting that such a person basically wanted black people to shut up and die would be accurate.

There is no exaggeration or bias in Gallos assessment. Denial of mens issues, experiences, and thus their humanity is a constant theme. That it makes you uncomfortable that you share a movement with those types of people is not our problem, and your need to try and humanize and excuse away their open hatred as them "Misunderstanding" is questionable, almost like you point blank refuse to believe that open hatred of men exists and have made a hobby out of rationalizing it away as explicable, normal, something else behind it.

I'll also note that your need to try and defend this open misandry by acting like it isn't there and saying its a strawman serves the same purpose of derailing the thread away from discussion of Marc, his career, and the broader context on mens issues that his murder will have.

Imagine there were a bunch of neo-nazis spouting anti-Semitic shit in a thread about a Jewish activist, and someone noted it was happening and called it out. Then you come in and start whining about the open white supremacy occurring, saying it's not there, they're just misunderstood and so on.

Have some self-awareness. Turn some of that energy onto calling yourself out instead.

I'm merely viewing them as having a "White moderate and/or second least bad kind of Republican" ideology rather than a "Neo-Nazi" one.

The former ideologies still suck ass and do cause harm(and they are being disrespectful to this guy.) but involve different tactics than conflating them with the latter and accuse everyone who disagrees with you as a bigot while going "But this offends me! Beleive!".

Straw man of SJW are present in social movement but aren't the one driving success and political power.
Galloism wrote:
Uiiop wrote:Where the hell was this? For all of Vass's and Gauth's shit arugments i never read that.

I was there when those posts were made and i respectfully disagree.
I thank you for at least backing down over shit that's practically going to kick the hornets and hope the mods are lenient towards you.
This is my last post on this subject in this thread....if Ostero's want to preach "Feminist fragility"(even if don't actually feel attached to the movement) to me i'll request he'll keep to telegrams if i feel like bothering.
Last edited by Uiiop on Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#NSTransparency

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Postby Ostroeuropa » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Cedoria wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:
Hmm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_incredulity

"Arguments from incredulity can sometimes arise from inappropriate emotional involvement, the conflation of fantasy and reality, a lack of understanding, or an instinctive 'gut' reaction"

Hmm.

So, most MRA arguments then?

If you can find an example of an argument from incredulity being made by MRAs, by all means, call it out where it's appropriate.

Galloism wrote:
Ostroeuropa wrote:

He has a great history. He was actually honored by SPLC once upon a time. He was an honoree on the Wall of Tolerance.

He fought against unconstitutional denial of services for men who were victims of domestic violence. He led the charge against the gendered draft. He was suing over an illegal land grab by the county, leaving a man homeless. And he was investigating and pursuing rampant corruption in CPS before he was murdered.

Yeah, there's also the title-9 work.
Ostro.MOV

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General