NATION

PASSWORD

Self-Defense and Entitlement

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who was in the right?

Wife/Husband
53%
Mother/Daughter
6%
Both
2%
Neither
20%
Penguins
18%

Total votes : 94

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:08 pm

Auristania wrote:
Andsed wrote:That is not really a good idea. Escalating into a physical fight is not going to help and will likely just cause injuries. It is better to simply lock your doors and call the cops and let them handle things from there.

Call the cops??? Why not drive away???
Nobody is sane anymore.

Mrs Black was NOT damaging the car with violence. She was punching the car which caused zero damage except to her fists. Please watch that Laurel and Hardy movie where Ben pulls off the mirrors, wipers etc and does cause damage so you may spot the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNsfms8hEU

They likely would have had to drive over her to drive away, since she positioned herself to block the vehicle.

Which is also a crime - hit and run.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:09 pm

The Galactic Liberal Democracy wrote:Everyone was being an asshole and making it worst than it should've been. From the video, I got the impression that the white woman bumped into the daughter's car. It makes sense that she didn't think it was worth calling the police but wanted an apology. The couple could've just apologized, or just straight up left when they had the chance. Staying around to argue it was pointless and intentional escalating over a small thing.

The mother and daughter didn't need to call the couple ignorant but it would've been best for everyone involved to move on. I couldn't hear what the white woman said when she was driving away, but it seemed intentionally provocative. The mother and daughter should've have just left at this point and not respond instead of shouting back and acting aggressive.

Aiming at them and and loading the gun was unjustified though. You should only do that if you're thinking to shoot what you're pointing at. Seeing as they were clearly avoidable, she was purposely trying to scare them with a lethal weapon into backing down. Nobody did anything right but two wrongs don't make endangering someone's life right.

When did they have a chance? The woman and her daughter were cornering the white woman in the beginning of the video until her husband came along, and when they were finally in the car and trying to leave the black woman got behind the car and was hitting it.

The mother and daughter were trying to keep them in the situation.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pm

Auristania wrote:
Andsed wrote:That is not really a good idea. Escalating into a physical fight is not going to help and will likely just cause injuries. It is better to simply lock your doors and call the cops and let them handle things from there.

Call the cops??? Why not drive away???
Nobody is sane anymore.

Mrs Black was NOT damaging the car with violence. She was punching the car which caused zero damage except to her fists. Please watch that Laurel and Hardy movie where Ben pulls off the mirrors, wipers etc and does cause damage so you may spot the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNsfms8hEU

If you can drive away you should yes. I was talking about a situation like this where it is not an option because the person is blocking the car.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:36 pm

Godular wrote:So if I understand the situation correctly, the daughter decided to confront the white woman after the two bumped into each other, specifically to demand an apology.

Oh, one of those. I've been around the block enough times with that sort of behavior.

The whole episode is rather dumb, though. I don't think any of the people involved handled it well.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:18 pm

I love how she wanted to act like some hot shit and then when a gun was in her face she yelled at her daughter to call the cops.

If you wanna throw down then throw down. If you don't then shut your bitch ass up and get on home. Pulling a gun may have not been necessary but holy crap did the mom and daughter keep trying to fight. They don't seem to victim-like to me.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:29 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:I love how she wanted to act like some hot shit and then when a gun was in her face she yelled at her daughter to call the cops.

If you wanna throw down then throw down. If you don't then shut your bitch ass up and get on home. Pulling a gun may have not been necessary but holy crap did the mom and daughter keep trying to fight. They don't seem to victim-like to me.

Yeah, they're not victims. I hope the charges against the woman and her husband are dropped.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:43 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I love how she wanted to act like some hot shit and then when a gun was in her face she yelled at her daughter to call the cops.

Yeah, they're not victims. I hope the charges against the woman and her husband are dropped.

The woman and her daughter honestly got very lucky. There is many a person in this world who would have thrown down with them over this shit and they were fortunate enough to run into someone who wasn't gonna brutally pummel them or worse. There are less friendly people out there. I would hope this is the last time they do this stupid shit but I doubt it, and if they keep it up, one day they're gonna run into trouble. You can't pick fights forever and not expect to get hurt eventually.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:22 pm

Watched that entire video. The mother and daughter made multiple attempts to prevent the couple from leaving. Apparently the mothers handprint was indeed on the back window of the couples SUV, but police are baffled as to how it got there. Apparently listening to the audio and hearing her hit the back window in an attempt to break it is hard? All in all the police once again fucked up. The mother and daughter should have been charged with assault and unlawful confinement for not letting them leave. Good thing no jury will convict.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Wayneactia wrote:Watched that entire video. The mother and daughter made multiple attempts to prevent the couple from leaving. Apparently the mothers handprint was indeed on the back window of the couples SUV, but police are baffled as to how it got there. Apparently listening to the audio and hearing her hit the back window in an attempt to break it is hard? All in all the police once again fucked up. The mother and daughter should have been charged with assault and unlawful confinement for not letting them leave. Good thing no jury will convict.

Well, one can hope.

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:49 am

The state will not protect you. 
The state will not permit you to protect yourself. 
The state will protect those who do you harm. <- YOU ARE HERE
The state will encourage people to harm you. 
The state will harm you themselves.
JAGERA/TURRBULL/YEERONGPAN
FIRST NATION AUSTRALIAN - ABORIGINAL

The United States is also a one party system but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.- Julius Nyerere.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:29 am

Soiled fruit roll ups wrote:The state will not protect you. 
The state will not permit you to protect yourself. 
The state will protect those who do you harm. <- YOU ARE HERE
The state will encourage people to harm you. 
The state will harm you themselves.

Poorly thought out meme. It's possible for the state to do several of those things at once, depending on who you are.

Ex-felons are commonly denied self-defense.
While law abiding citizens are sometimes harmed by police: employees of the state.

If you want to go full propertarian (property is an extension of the self) then the state is already harming pretty much everyone.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:32 am

This whole situation is a mess, it looked like there were soo many opportunities to deescalate the situation and people kept escalating instead. Having watched both videos im leaning towards supporting the Couple, dont think drawing the gun was necessary but the black woman and her daughter escalated this repeatedly and i think they are the ones who should have been charged in this case.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Alien Overlord
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alien Overlord » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:14 am

As others have said before me, the beginning of the altercation was nothing short of a mess. On one hand an apology from the couple could have sufficed to deescalate, though it was their right not to apologize. They took the appropriate action and tried to leave. The mother/daughter blocking the vehicle and preventing the couple from leaving was a MAJOR point of escalation. Faced with this situation originally the couple had the choice of fight or flight. They chose flight as was there right, and only initiated 'fight' after they were unable to take the route of 'flight.'

This concept is as old as the Art of War. One critical blunder you don't want to make as an offensive commander is not giving your enemy some method of retreat and put them in a position where they feel they have no choice but to defend themselves. If you make retreat impossible you make aggression inevitable. The mother and/or daughter could have been shot and it would have been their fault. The appropriate response for them would have been to deescalate and just leave.

The mother/daughter should be charged, the couple did nothing wrong in this situation.
Walkerfort wrote:so...

Banning cars will lead to a clusterfuck of mininations everywhere and attempting to mash two Eras together miserably and 1984 style dictatorships

butterfly effect when give a butterfly cocaine

Ayissor wrote:
Alien Overlord wrote:You mean the proles living in tribes right? The ones who were also brainwashed 1984 style?

Yup, who else? Workers? Ha, as if we need them in our anarcho-primitivist-orwellian utopia dystopia federation.

Cameroi
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cameroi » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:22 am

why pull a gun if you're already sitting in a weapon just as deadly?

just rev the engine a couple of times is someone is standing in front of the car.

i won't take sides in a conflict without reliable knowledge of complete detail.

verbal threats and gun pulling are both actionable offenses.
truth isn't what i say. isn't what you say. isn't what anybody says. truth is what is there, when no one is saying anything.

"economic freedom" is "the cake"
=^^=
.../\...

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:28 am

Ubiquitous gun carrying and increasing population density leads nowhere good, unless people have enough self control not to draw weapons in this sort of situation.
Everything is intertwinkled

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:34 am

Page wrote:
Atheris wrote:If they started hitting her car, then that falls under self-defense. I have no sympathy for the woman and her daughter.

Is it your view that any aggression against property can justify pulling a gun?

Frankly, when it's a racist attack on your property, yes. It also occurred after she threatened the husband with bodily harm. Following that threat to his person, they began to attack the vehicle they were in. Pulling the gun is justified.

What's not justified is that the racist ideology of the identity politics of the left wing is creating racist goons like this, but is also so pervasive and has so thoroughly warped society that defending yourself from them puts you in the wrong.

If a neo-Nazi went up to a black couple, started harassing them, and threatened to beat up one of them, then started attacking their vehicle, do you think they'd be justified in pulling a gun?

It's obvious.

The context of BLM and the left wings incitement of racist violence and hatred also needs to be borne in mind, and given the black couple were actively emulating this kind of hate ideology during their attack, should inform our understanding, here are just some of the incidents this bares resemblance to where people radicalized by the hate movement have gone on to do violence to persons and property:

Examples of recent BLM violence:
Man stomped and stoned for trying to defend a bar from being looted
https://streamable.com/xkcvkk
Destroying store and beating unarmed woman and her husband
https://streamable.com/rvrwil
Beating and stomping guy on the ground Santa Monica
https://streamable.com/x6ue5x
Restaurant manager beaten and stomped for trying to defend his workplace
https://streamable.com/ila4dh
Stopping, beating and stomping a truck driver while protesters yell to kill him
https://streamable.com/8zk9dq
Protesters attack a media member and then pummel him
https://streamable.com/p4i3jb
Chasing guy and kicking him in the face for defending flag in Portland
https://streamable.com/ky6jyh
Police officer beaten on the streets
https://streamable.com/je4ki5
Car runs over a cop
https://streamable.com/q4nat7
Protesters set homeless man’s belongings on fire
https://streamable.com/sdjvfa
Throwing fireworks at the cops
https://streamable.com/7sv4a9
Looting a FedEx truck then looter gets dragged when truck tries to escape
https://streamable.com/n1azx3
Chasing and beating guy with red had
https://streamable.com/rcsmi0
Rioter sets himself on fire while trying to set a building on fire
https://streamable.com/w5wa8l
Fireworks thrown into CNN hq / Police officers
https://streamable.com/7dw6g7
Protester runs over the cops with an SUV
https://streamable.com/ttijvn
Destroying/looting/setting on fire Old Navy
https://streamable.com/oceqqg
Guardhouse in front of WH set on fire
https://streamable.com/vfopia
Dozens of cars destroyed/torched near CNN hq – Atlanta
https://streamable.com/ubjohz
St Louis neighborhood on fire
https://streamable.com/8lnd7v
Building on fire while self-proclaimed Mexicans say fuck white people
https://streamable.com/yvkek4
Destroying police SUV
https://streamable.com/2b7fic
Near a torched car audio speakers propaganda that all crime is legal
https://streamable.com/t76kdn
Destroying/looting bank in Montreal
https://streamable.com/3hwkx2
Pharmacy destroyed/looted in Dallas
https://streamable.com/fl7e5z
The remains of whole neighborhood destroyed
https://streamable.com/dtptr1
Destroying stores – Dallas
https://streamable.com/hn1qng
Destroying police SUV – Austin
https://streamable.com/v8zk1e
Police SUV torched LA
https://streamable.com/61mdlo
Looting target/beating disabled person in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/oyjgbk
Future apartment building destroyed with fire in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/dxmc0w
Looting pharmacy – Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/53nl1p
Destroying business in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/5lm779
More businesses on fire in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/f1zcmy
Ransacked Target Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/b3u92p
Building burning in neighborhood Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/vh5nyu
Boy drove car into a store
https://streamable.com/nrm2pn
Post office looted/destroyed
https://streamable.com/v4vflf
Minneapolis third police precinct set on fire
https://streamable.com/o27w75
More buildings on fire Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/8au2lf
Autoparts Store getting destroyed/looted
https://streamable.com/dum1r8
Autozone on fire
https://streamable.com/vq9hrp
Looting in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/jfor5g
Adults loot with their children
https://streamable.com/m4cr5j
Cars torched – Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/mmk9gr
Looting an ATM in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/ht2oxv
Remains of destroyed/looted Cub Foods
https://streamable.com/qhzlm7
Business and stores on fire in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/jcpdvv
Brenda Lenton’s home and belongings destroyed by a fire – Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/3s9l17
Aftermath of whole neighborhood being set on fire in Minneapolis
https://streamable.com/eat2c0
Nashville city hall set on fire while rioters cheer
https://streamable.com/b3y0ep
Fox reporters chased out with projectiles thrown at them near White House
https://streamable.com/1qzyua
Attacking drivers Tulsa, Okla
https://streamable.com/ixpxh9
Setting St. John’s Church on fire
https://streamable.com/u3y4ch
Destroying/looting stores Montreal
https://streamable.com/92h4rr
Destroying/looting store in Downtown Oakland
https://streamable.com/y9s4x9
Bar destroyed/Trying to loot a safe
https://streamable.com/yzprm5
Stolen Bulldozer in Oakland
https://streamable.com/lhf5ze
Two police SUVs torched in Seattle
https://streamable.com/eketpr
Multiple cars torched in Philadelphia
https://streamable.com/13784m
Ohio Statehouse being destroyed
https://streamable.com/k13b3l
Trying to breach Justice Center/central police precinct Portland
https://streamable.com/avcfq0
Destroying/Looting Justice Center Portland
https://streamable.com/1j6fof
Looting small business in Portland
https://streamable.com/bfs08c
Destroying/looting small business Portland
https://streamable.com/adfxxt
Looting Louis Vuitton store
https://streamable.com/f4ysu9
Driving stolen cars into stores – Portland
https://streamable.com/o1w92j
Destroying Chase Bank – Portland
https://streamable.com/o1wtom
Setting Chase Bank on fire – Portland
https://streamable.com/nanakz
Destroying/Looting Apple Store – Portland
https://streamable.com/2wncgk
Looting in St. Paul
https://streamable.com/6fouwt
Looting Shoe Store
https://streamable.com/60v3xh
Looting apple store
https://streamable.com/1wzq39
Looting North Face store – NYC
https://streamable.com/ux7djn
Nike Store being looted – NYC
https://streamable.com/6sdcb3
Looting in Union Square – NYC
https://streamable.com/jiz3zd
Looting T-mobile store
https://streamable.com/ag5kwc
Shop owner saves store from looters with a firearm
https://streamable.com/5oj1jl
Business owner defends his store from looters with a firearm
https://streamable.com/pmdjkb

So, again.

Let's suppose a black couple is walking down the streets in the midst of a wave of neo-Nazi attacks on black peoples persons and property, where the media is actively pushing Nazi rhetoric 24/7 and demonizing black people.
Let's suppose an incident like this occurs and the neo-Nazi is now spouting that same rhetoric, threating you with violence, and begins attacking your vehicle.

Why wouldn't you pull a gun?

"Despite the recent wave of zombie attacks, no 'reasonable person' would pull a gun on someone who begins frothing at the mouth, howling, and shambling towards you, even if they do keep snapping their jaws in your direction, that's no evidence they'd actually bite you and you are in danger.".

Ridiculous.

Let's frame this another way, are black people "reasonably" afraid of police violence, or aren't they?

The solution is fairly obvious here. Don't spout anti-white racist rhetoric while threatening white people with violence, harassing them, and attacking their property, while simultaneously acting like they're "Unreasonable" for viewing that as a threat, especially in the context of a wave of murders, beatings, and property destruction from people displaying exactly the same mentality and behavior, and using the same rhetoric.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:08 am, edited 8 times in total.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:41 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:...

I reported you for spamming, in case you want to defend yourself.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Alien Overlord
Envoy

Founded: Feb 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Alien Overlord » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:19 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Mods took the appropriate response, Ostroeuropa wasn't spamming-merely backing up their opinion with relevant evidence.

To that effect i have to say that i agree. It does seem as though the BLM movement has become more radical (and unnecessarily violent) as time has passed. I would dare say that the BLM has become inherently racist given that so many of it's supporters espouse racist ideology. When that sort of ideology is being spouted and you're presented with someone who could potentially be linked to a group that has caused so much damage, it would be unreasonable if you didn't feel threatened.

I would compare this situation almost to the situation of a someone being mugged and the mugger accuses the victim of being a mugger. "Actions speak louder than words." The mother/daughter accusing the couple of racism is probably due to the mother/daughter themselves being racist. The women from the couple bumped into the daughter and refused to apologize. The daughter accused to the women of being racist likely because she was white, as i doubt that accusation would have been used if the women was black. The assumption that anyone of a different race who treats you disrespectfully must be racist, is in itself a racist idea.
Walkerfort wrote:so...

Banning cars will lead to a clusterfuck of mininations everywhere and attempting to mash two Eras together miserably and 1984 style dictatorships

butterfly effect when give a butterfly cocaine

Ayissor wrote:
Alien Overlord wrote:You mean the proles living in tribes right? The ones who were also brainwashed 1984 style?

Yup, who else? Workers? Ha, as if we need them in our anarcho-primitivist-orwellian utopia dystopia federation.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:24 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

I'm sure the motive here is political.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:19 am

Many fights like the one you saw on video happen all the time in Detroit. The only reason this is making news is because the woman didn't shoot and because she was white. If this had been two black women, it would have been backpage. No one would care, and it would end up in the same place as the other hundreds of homicides, assaults, robberies and burglaries we had this year.

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:28 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛋᚢᛗ ᛒᛖᛋᛏᛁᚨ ᛖᚷᛟ ᚲᚢᛚᛏᚢᛋ
Personality: Chaotic Good | ENTJ | Math dominant | Pro business
Politically: Classical liberal | Pro 2A | Pro Choice | Behavioral economist

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:50 am

Rojava Free State wrote:Many fights like the one you saw on video happen all the time in Detroit. The only reason this is making news is because the woman didn't shoot and because she was white. If this had been two black women, it would have been backpage. No one would care, and it would end up in the same place as the other hundreds of homicides, assaults, robberies and burglaries we had this year.

Mainly because she is white and people gotta grandstand.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:46 am

Diopolis wrote:
Galloism wrote:It wasn’t really a “draw your gun” type of scenario. It’s a “get in your vehicle, lock your doors, and if they block you from leaving, call the cops” situation.

I agree that he shouldn't have drawn his gun.
But it really shouldn't be a felony to draw your gun when someone threatens your pregnant(?) wife and attempts to keep her from leaving.

It certinly shouldn't be, by the claimants own admission they committed assault, battery, and unlawful restraint any one of which justify self defense. And you can add in disorderly conduct and stalking for good measure.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:47 pm

The mother and daughter absolutely instigated and made this much more intense than it needed to be. It is hard to credibly argue otherwise.

Nonetheless, this does not rise to a objectively reasonable belief of imminent threat to life or limb. Possibly it could have gotten there, but you don't get to shortcut a situation that may go pear-shaped. Not self defense from what I can tell, which is almost a shame, because its most of the way there. Had the pistol stayed holstered until somebody struck the husband or wife, this would be a different story, I imagine.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:Many fights like the one you saw on video happen all the time in Detroit. The only reason this is making news is because the woman didn't shoot and because she was white. If this had been two black women, it would have been backpage. No one would care, and it would end up in the same place as the other hundreds of homicides, assaults, robberies and burglaries we had this year.

Mainly because she is white and people gotta grandstand.

Also, is she pregnant?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General