NATION

PASSWORD

Self-Defense and Entitlement

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Who was in the right?

Wife/Husband
53%
Mother/Daughter
6%
Both
2%
Neither
20%
Penguins
18%

Total votes : 94

Asle Leopolka
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Asle Leopolka » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:00 pm

So here's what every class will tell you about carrying - you NEVER draw unless you are 100% sure your life is in danger and you are willing to holster it with fewer rounds.

Should the mother/daughter have followed them back to the car? Absolutely not. Should they have started banging on the car and hurling insults? Doubly not.

Should the wife have apologized? Absolutely. But did the mother/daughter's actions warrant drawing? Absolutely not.

I don't know how much of an inherent race issue this is. Yes, the mother/daughter were Black and the husband/wife were white, but from where I'm sitting it's just an example of someone being an asshole.
W̵̲͔͇͒̌̉̆̇͛̋ͅa̸̢̼̺̅̉̊͝l̶̟͈̳̗͒͜l̷̫͝ ̶̱̱̘͖̙̬͖̈́̏̕͘ō̴̼̭̥͔̮̟͒̒͒ͅn̴̖̦͎̯͕̈́̿͘͠ ̸̞̼͉͙́͐̏͝ẗ̴̮͕̰̫̖͉̩̍͆̂͛͝h̵̖̋̉̾̎͆e̸̞̩̳̲͙͎͑ ̴̩̈̽̈́͑S̵̯̮̟͈͎̭͠t̸͍̗̹̬͉̙̓͆̔̿r̸̡̤̺̱̹͈̦͑̈́̅ẹ̶̮͔̳̆͆̄̏̔e̴̢̺͚̠̟͕̋̄̂̓̽͘t̴̢̡̩͙̫̼̚,̸̩̖͌̈́͐̇ ̷̨͐͆P̵̳̦͗r̶̹̪̯͕̬̰̍̓͆o̷̠̱͙̠͔̗̫̽f̶̱͙͇̼̬̮̻̊͌̋į̸̯̩̖͇̍͋̓̾́̏̽ͅt̴͇̬͍̗̺̀̈́̈́͗͊ ̴̧̯̼̩͑̓̒͗i̷̪̲̜̮̼̲̎͑͊̂̕n̶͍̂ ̴͓̻̤̬͎̫̹̎͌̈́́̕͝t̸̺͚͍̕h̷͖͎̙͍̬̫̰̍̀̃̿̓e̷̛̩̔̑̌̾͊ ̵̤̖͎͔͖̂͘͝S̴̳͖̩̪͕̒͒̌͌͝h̷̝͇̱̝̻̓̓͂͑̒ȅ̶̛̞̱̮̏͐͜ḕ̷͙͉̄͜ť̸̫̩̟s̴̲̲̏̑̏̇͆͂͘͜

ᛖᚷᛟ ᛋᚢᛗ ᛒᛖᛋᛏᛁᚨ ᛖᚷᛟ ᚲᚢᛚᛏᚢᛋ
Personality: Chaotic Good | ENTJ | Math dominant | Pro business
Politically: Classical liberal | Pro 2A | Pro Choice | Behavioral economist

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:03 pm

Asle Leopolka wrote:So here's what every class will tell you about carrying - you NEVER draw unless you are 100% sure your life is in danger and you are willing to holster it with fewer rounds.

Should the mother/daughter have followed them back to the car? Absolutely not. Should they have started banging on the car and hurling insults? Doubly not.

Should the wife have apologized? Absolutely. But did the mother/daughter's actions warrant drawing? Absolutely not.

I don't know how much of an inherent race issue this is. Yes, the mother/daughter were Black and the husband/wife were white, but from where I'm sitting it's just an example of someone being an asshole.

Also, the mother should not have threatened the couple twice with bodily harm.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:08 pm

No one there was in the right. Especially not for something so inconsequential.

The black mother and daughter shouldn’t have done what they did and the white woman shouldn’t have jumped out of her car and pointed a gun at them.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:13 pm

Honestly one has to be a real fucking idiot if they go and try and block a car and slam on it, since the driver could just run them over as they back out.

The mom and daughter in this case are clearly not the brightest bulbs in the bunch. Their speech patterns and social skills suggest they have an IQ of about 10 combined.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Soiled fruit roll ups
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Soiled fruit roll ups » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Pulling weapons when someone tries to race bait is always justified. If the area has a lot of black on white crime that would also excuse pulling your weapon.
JAGERA/TURRBULL/YEERONGPAN
FIRST NATION AUSTRALIAN - ABORIGINAL

The United States is also a one party system but, with typical American extravagance, they have two of them.- Julius Nyerere.

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:30 pm

I don't think either party were in the right here. While I do not know what happened with the bump, the mother and daughters were definitely reacting in a far to hostile manner. The accusations of racism and threats were not justified and the couple was right to enter the car and try to leave the scene. The mother and daughter blocking the car and then hitting it was very far out of line. But then the couple messed up by drawing their weapons and aiming it them. While the mother and daughter were acting in a threatening manner with a locked door I do not believe it would have been life threatening. They should have just called the police and maybe keep their hands near their guns in case the mother and daughter began breaking windows or something and trying to get at them.

I don't think either party should be jailed here. I think the mother and daughter should be forced to pay compensation for any damage and maybe take some anger management classes. Meanwhile I think the couple should be forced to take gun safety classes so they know how to better respond in such a situation.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Auristania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:31 pm

There may be some nuance I missed, but from the information I heard on the Interwebs:

Mrs White and Mrs Black yell at each other. People yell at each other all the time, but with BLM and Coronagate paranoia this grows into a bigger deal than it ought to be.

Mrs White gets into her car, Mrs Black punches the car and causes zero damage because people punching cars usually causes zero damage. Mrs White is so hyped up on Paranoia from Coronagate etc that instead of driving away like a sane person would do, she does what a person infected with Coronagate paranoia does and brandishes a gun.

Mrs White suffered from a mild dose of Coronagate. If it had been me and if I believed, then I would have shot everybody until I was out of bullets and then used my car to run over any survivors. That is what Corona is there for.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Auristania wrote:There may be some nuance I missed, but from the information I heard on the Interwebs:

Mrs White and Mrs Black yell at each other. People yell at each other all the time, but with BLM and Coronagate paranoia this grows into a bigger deal than it ought to be.

Mrs White gets into her car, Mrs Black punches the car and causes zero damage because people punching cars usually causes zero damage. Mrs White is so hyped up on Paranoia from Coronagate etc that instead of driving away like a sane person would do, she does what a person infected with Coronagate paranoia does and brandishes a gun.

Mrs White suffered from a mild dose of Coronagate. If it had been me and if I believed, then I would have shot everybody until I was out of bullets and then used my car to run over any survivors. That is what Corona is there for.

Don’t trust the inter webs. Watch the videos yourself. Here’s a handy combined one:

Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:34 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Pulling a gun because you "feel" threatened is only justified if the other person issued verbal threats, or was waving a weapon.

The woman who pulled a gun may have felt threatened by being yelled at and followed to the parking lot, but a "reasonable person" would not.

Did the woman with her daughter deliberately get in the way of the car?

If they did, well that's naughty but it doesn't justify pulling a gun, and hitting the car would only be bad if damage was done.
If they DIDN'T, I would add to the firearms charge with reckless endangerment. "I was flustered" is no defence in my mind, if you're that flustered you should not attempt to drive.

The mother did, yes. That's what triggered the gun-drawing. The mother was trying to keep the woman and her husband from extricating themselves from an escalating situation. Hell, the woman even did say sorry multiple times.

You should watch the video for yourself, it's not long and not hard to find.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:35 pm

Auristania wrote:There may be some nuance I missed, but from the information I heard on the Interwebs:

It caused zero damage but she was keeping them from leaving the situation. She was behind the car as she was trying to pull out of the parking space.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:Pulling a gun because you "feel" threatened is only justified if the other person issued verbal threats, or was waving a weapon.

The woman who pulled a gun may have felt threatened by being yelled at and followed to the parking lot, but a "reasonable person" would not.

Did the woman with her daughter deliberately get in the way of the car?

If they did, well that's naughty but it doesn't justify pulling a gun, and hitting the car would only be bad if damage was done.
If they DIDN'T, I would add to the firearms charge with reckless endangerment. "I was flustered" is no defence in my mind, if you're that flustered you should not attempt to drive.

The mother did, yes. That's what triggered the gun-drawing. The mother was trying to keep the woman and her husband from extricating themselves from an escalating situation. Hell, the woman even did say sorry multiple times.

It might be in this thread even.

Twice in fact.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:41 pm

Galloism wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

It might be in this thread even.

Twice in fact.

Should be in the OP, honestly.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:42 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Galloism wrote:It might be in this thread even.

Twice in fact.

It was. Just have to go to the article in the op, scroll down a bit.

The version I posted is better - contains both videos, time synced.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:45 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Galloism wrote:It might be in this thread even.

Twice in fact.

Let it not be said I do not listen to suggestions.
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:46 pm

Godular wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

You don't listen to suggestions. :p
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:47 pm

Andsed wrote:
Godular wrote:

You don't listen to suggestions. :p

*flips table*
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Hrythingland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hrythingland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Tbf if someone was punching my car I would get out and smack them. Living in the UK I wouldn't pull a gun on them and likely would not if I could. Nonetheless, if you are obstructing someone physically and damaging their property.. expect to be met with violence.
Kingdom of the Hrythingas
Hrýðingríċe
ᛒᛠᛚᚢᚳᚹᛠᛚᛘ ᚢᚾᚹᛖᚩᚱᚦᛋᚳᛁᛈᛖ ᛒᛖᚠᚩᚱᚪᚾ

SAXON NATIONALISM|WODENISM|MARTIALISM

State type: Elective Monarchy
Leader: Hrythwealda (King) Wynmar II, Earl of Ashwold,
Capital: Ingwineburgh
Language: Hrystic (Old English)
Religion: Holy Wodenic Rite
Characteristics: Isolationist, mercantile, conservative, rural, deeply religious
Industries: sheep/beef agriculture, fishing, offshore oil, financial services

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:50 pm

Hrythingland wrote:

Tbf if someone was punching my car I would get out and smack them. Living in the UK I wouldn't pull a gun on them and likely would not if I could. Nonetheless, if you are obstructing someone physically and damaging their property.. expect to be met with violence.

That is not really a good idea. Escalating into a physical fight is not going to help and will likely just cause injuries. It is better to simply lock your doors and call the cops and let them handle things from there.
Last edited by Andsed on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:54 pm

Godular wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

Well done. *golf clap*

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:56 pm

Andsed wrote:
Hrythingland wrote:Tbf if someone was punching my car I would get out and smack them. Living in the UK I wouldn't pull a gun on them and likely would not if I could. Nonetheless, if you are obstructing someone physically and damaging their property.. expect to be met with violence.

That is not really a good idea. Escalating into a physical fight is not going to help and will likely just cause injuries. It is better to simply lock your doors and call the cops and let them handle things from there.

Or, you can assert control over the situation by forcing distance between you and the offending party through the use of your concealed firearm which you are trained to use. As was clearly the case here.

I think what the woman did was 100% justified.

Hrythingland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 17, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hrythingland » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:57 pm

Andsed wrote:
Hrythingland wrote:Tbf if someone was punching my car I would get out and smack them. Living in the UK I wouldn't pull a gun on them and likely would not if I could. Nonetheless, if you are obstructing someone physically and damaging their property.. expect to be met with violence.

For me it would likely depend on if I thought it was something I'd win. I don't really care about 'injuries' if someone thinks they can get away with bashing my car. If it was a 6 ft body builder I'd likely take a different approach but I'm not a small chap myself, fair few years of rugby and reservist activity behind me. If they were about my stature or less I'm getting out and smashing them into the pavement.
Kingdom of the Hrythingas
Hrýðingríċe
ᛒᛠᛚᚢᚳᚹᛠᛚᛘ ᚢᚾᚹᛖᚩᚱᚦᛋᚳᛁᛈᛖ ᛒᛖᚠᚩᚱᚪᚾ

SAXON NATIONALISM|WODENISM|MARTIALISM

State type: Elective Monarchy
Leader: Hrythwealda (King) Wynmar II, Earl of Ashwold,
Capital: Ingwineburgh
Language: Hrystic (Old English)
Religion: Holy Wodenic Rite
Characteristics: Isolationist, mercantile, conservative, rural, deeply religious
Industries: sheep/beef agriculture, fishing, offshore oil, financial services

Godular
Forum Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:58 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Godular wrote:

Well done. *golf clap*

I debated using ‘Need Provides’ instead.
New to F7? Click here!

The Galactic Liberal Democracy
Minister

Founded: Jun 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Galactic Liberal Democracy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:01 pm

Everyone was being an asshole and making it worst than it should've been. From the video, I got the impression that the white woman bumped into the daughter's car. It makes sense that she didn't think it was worth calling the police but wanted an apology. The couple could've just apologized, or just straight up left when they had the chance. Staying around to argue it was pointless and intentional escalating over a small thing.

The mother and daughter didn't need to call the couple ignorant but it would've been best for everyone involved to move on. I couldn't hear what the white woman said when she was driving away, but it seemed intentionally provocative. The mother and daughter should've have just left at this point and not respond instead of shouting back and acting aggressive.

Aiming at them and and loading the gun was unjustified though. You should only do that if you're thinking to shoot what you're pointing at. Seeing as they were clearly avoidable, she was purposely trying to scare them with a lethal weapon into backing down. Nobody did anything right but two wrongs don't make endangering someone's life right.
Last edited by The Galactic Liberal Democracy on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NOT STORMTROOPERS
Cossack Khanate wrote:This shall forever be known as World War Sh*t: Newark Aggression. Now if I see one more troop deployed, I will call on the force of all the Hindu gods to reverse time and wipe your race of the face of the planet. Cease.

The Black Party wrote:(TBP kamikaze's into all 99999999999 nukes before they hit our territory because we just have that many pilots ready to die for dah blak regime, we also counter-attack into your nation with our entire population of 45 million because this RP allows it.)

El-Amin Caliphate wrote:Galatic Liberal Democracy short-circuits all of NS with FACTS and LOGIC

Auristania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:02 pm

Andsed wrote:

Call the cops??? Why not drive away???
Nobody is sane anymore.

Mrs Black was NOT damaging the car with violence. She was punching the car which caused zero damage except to her fists. Please watch that Laurel and Hardy movie where Ben pulls off the mirrors, wipers etc and does cause damage so you may spot the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNsfms8hEU
Last edited by Auristania on Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:05 pm

Auristania wrote:
Andsed wrote:That is not really a good idea. Escalating into a physical fight is not going to help and will likely just cause injuries. It is better to simply lock your doors and call the cops and let them handle things from there.

Call the cops??? Why not drive away???
Nobody is sane anymore.

Mrs Black was NOT damaging the car with violence. She was punching the car which caused zero damage except to her fists. Please watch that Laurel and Hardy movie where Ben pulls off the mirrors, wipers etc and does cause damage so you may spot the difference.

It's not the fact that she was worried the car would be damaged, it's that the woman was keeping her from leaving an escalating situation.

As well as I suppose trying to frame the woman for hitting her with her car.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General