NATION

PASSWORD

Russia tried to murder US soldiers and Trump Ignored It

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:06 am

Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:36 am

Gormwood wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:
Umm, did you miss the part where I said I was happy the DOJ was trying to get Flynn's case dropped?

So what about Manafort and Rudy's two mooks?

Manafort was found guilty of "five counts of tax fraud, two counts of bank fraud and one count of failure to disclose a foreign bank account.". He no doubt committed crimes and was rightfully found guilty of those. My only problem with it, is none of what he was charged for had to do with Russian interference, but being a rotten human. I don't disagree with him being prosecuted for it, but the manner it came up, an unrelated investigation.

Rudy's "associates" were beyond guilty.

I specifically called out Flynn's case because, in my opinion, it was gross mishandling.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:37 am

Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:40 am

You could at least time stamp where he said this.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:46 am

Austerlitsch wrote:

18:50.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:55 am

Vassenor wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:

Its because threats on US soldiers are nothing new, and people acting like it is some new revelation is ridiculous. We are in a hostile zone, that we shouldn't even be in anyways, and I can imagine the amount of threats that are made on a daily basis. Not that it makes it right, not that I condone it or support, I absolutely do not. But the way you phrase it is misleading at best. You act like the reporter said "US soldiers died today", and he broke out into a laughing fit. I'm sure if you were asked dumb questions by reporters for years eventually you just couldn't keep a straight face either.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:27 am

Gormwood wrote:If Hillary had laughed about the death of U.S. soldiers there'd be a mob witch burning.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:28 am

Except we do not see that there. It appears his issue was with the leading question. He smiled at a leading question deliberately designed to trap him.
Not the death of troops. Mike Pompeo is a veteran.
You trying to score a cheap political point on that is a stretch.

Having diplomatic discussions with a country you have conflicts with is not a crime.
I do think we need to crack down more on Russia but that is a political opinion.

I also disagreed with the concessions Obama gave Iran while Iran was killing US troops but not simply talking to Iran, and moreover that is a political matter.
Last edited by Novus America on Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:46 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Its because threats on US soldiers are nothing new, and people acting like it is some new revelation is ridiculous. We are in a hostile zone, that we shouldn't even be in anyways, and I can imagine the amount of threats that are made on a daily basis. Not that it makes it right, not that I condone it or support, I absolutely do not. But the way you phrase it is misleading at best. You act like the reporter said "US soldiers died today", and he broke out into a laughing fit. I'm sure if you were asked dumb questions by reporters for years eventually you just couldn't keep a straight face either.

Soooo? You think it's a hoax?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:18 pm

Gormwood wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:
Umm, did you miss the part where I said I was happy the DOJ was trying to get Flynn's case dropped?

So what about Manafort and Rudy's two mooks?

A guy was charged for tax fraud this PROVES that Zionist Bigfoot wants to inject our kids with alien autism by working with big pharma to put fluoride and russian bots in our vaccines.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Not suprised. Still is shit.

Organized States
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Organized States » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Novus America wrote:
Independent means being less reliant on Russia. American trooos were not the only ones targeted.
You think Russia is above killing European troops? Clearly not given other NATO troops were targeted.

Also finding the Taliban is not a good look for the Western Europeans who are big into claiming to support liberal values.

Uh, I thought the idea was to make a peace treaty with said Taliban and gtfo.

And trying to kill NATO troops a way to derail said peace process. The alternative explanation would be that Russia did it out of sheer spite, which sounds a bit dumb even for them.

I mean, sure. That doesn't mean we can't blast the GRU guys in country though. Or put a missile through a hangar in Syria.

Putin's Government won't respond unless we face them in a violent, controlled manner that provides them with the tit-for-tat response they knew to expect during the Cold War.
Thank God for OS!- Deian
"In the old days, the navigators used magic to make themselves strong, but now, nothing; they just pray. Before they leave and at sea, they pray. But I, I make myself strong by thinking—just by thinking! I make myself strong because I despise cowardice. Too many men are afraid of the sea. But I am a navigator."-Mau Piailug
"I regret that I have only one life to give to my island." -Ricardo Bordallo, 2nd Governor of Guam
"Both are voyages of exploration. Hōkūle‘a is in the past, Columbia is in the future." -Colonel Charles L. Veach, USAF, Astronaut and Navigation Enthusiast

Pacific Islander-American (proud member of the 0.5%), Officer to be

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:35 pm

Organized States wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Uh, I thought the idea was to make a peace treaty with said Taliban and gtfo.

And trying to kill NATO troops a way to derail said peace process. The alternative explanation would be that Russia did it out of sheer spite, which sounds a bit dumb even for them.

I mean, sure. That doesn't mean we can't blast the GRU guys in country though. Or put a missile through a hangar in Syria.

Putin's Government won't respond unless we face them in a violent, controlled manner that provides them with the tit-for-tat response they knew to expect during the Cold War.

This is true. Russia only respects strength. Negotiations with them in good faith are futile, they only concede that which you force them to concede.
If you want to get something from them first you have to make them fear you. That is the only way they will respect you.

For the Russian government fear and respect are synonymous.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:57 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Anonymous intelligence officials were the same source cited for there being WMDs in Iraq, of which there were none.

I want another source that isn't "anonymous intelligence officials."

You do realize that the so called "WMD's" in Iraq was a pretext so Bush could invade right? The county was whipped up into such a frenzy, over terrorism that they would believe anything. Last time I checked, nobody wants war with Russia.

Really? That's the ideological premise of the Cold War, that sort of pro-war subtext is also a common talking-point on American cable news networks.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:57 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:You do realize that the so called "WMD's" in Iraq was a pretext so Bush could invade right? The county was whipped up into such a frenzy, over terrorism that they would believe anything. Last time I checked, nobody wants war with Russia.

Really? That's the ideological premise of the Cold War, that sort of pro-war subtext is also a common talking-point on American cable news networks.

I am not sure what you are trying to say here, but we deliberately avoided fighting a direct open war with the Soviets during the Cold War.
Hence the name.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Anonymous intelligence officials were the same source cited for there being WMDs in Iraq, of which there were none.

I want another source that isn't "anonymous intelligence officials."

You do realize that the so called "WMD's" in Iraq was a pretext so Bush could invade right? The county was whipped up into such a frenzy, over terrorism that they would believe anything. Last time I checked, nobody wants war with Russia.

People do, however, badly want to discredit Trump, which the report does.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:50 pm

Ansarre wrote:Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/russia-offered-bounty-to-kill-uk-soldiers

The Russian intelligence unit behind the attempted murder in Salisbury of the former double agent Sergei Skripal secretly offered to pay Taliban-linked fighters to kill British and American soldiers in Afghanistan, according to US reports.

According to the paper, Trump was briefed on the activity months ago, but no discernible action has been taken. The UK received the intelligence last week. The 29155 unit of the GRU, an arm of Russia’s military intelligence agency, was responsible for executing the plan, according to the paper. In recent years, it has been linked to assassination attempts aimed at destabilising the West.

Unit 29155 has been linked to an attempted coup in Montenegro, the poisoning of a Bulgarian arms manufacturer and subversion in Moldova.

This incredibly startling report details what is probably the most direct action taken by the Putin regime against the west since the illegal annexation of Crimea and invasion of the Donbass. It is now beyond proven that the Russian Federation under Vladimir Putin is a hostile actor working tirelessly to further its strategic interests. Those interests are totally antithetical to those of the west and threaten to plunge the world into another great war. In light of this report, it is abundantly clear that Donald Trump is either a buffoon who just can't accept that Russia won't be friends with the west, or he is purposefully working for Russia to weaken us. I'll let the reader be the judge.

I will come before you to ask the following questions:

Do you believe Russia did this?
If so, what should the response be?

Personally, I am beyond a doubt convinced that the Putin regime ordered the murder of American soldiers in Afghanistan. An appropriate response would be sanction their economy into the ground, release damaging intelligence to their enemies, support separatist groups inside Russia, increase NATO presence in the Baltic states, provide critical support to Ukraine in their fight against Russian invaders, and begin going after key Russian allies like Assad.

As for Trump ignoring this... he needs to be removed from office and jailed for treason.

So let me get this straight: while America's on fire, with COVID-19, the destruction of small businesses, shrinking of the middle class, expansion of college debt leading to college students no longer able to afford a home, systemic racism from the overused and overstressed police force, the future generation having its standard of living decline, we're supposed to ignore all that, and go adventure off in the Middle East because of some shady Iraq has WMDs, but we don't have details, and never will.

NY Governor Andrew Cuomo caused massive elderly deaths, numbering in the thousands, and he's still governor. Even though we know he had the authority to not do that, we know exactly what he did, and exactly who suffered, exactly how many American citizens died - you know, those pesky details you Neocons/Neolibs absolutely revile because facts have a clear anti-Neocon/anti-Neolib bias, but hey, Cuomo's still in office: https://nypost.com/2020/06/20/cuomo-tak ... n-goodwin/

[Coumo's] biggest blunder was the infamous March 25 Department of Health order that required nursing homes and rehabilitation centers to admit COVID-19 patients being discharged from hospitals. It stands as one of the worst decisions in New York history because it condemned the most vulnerable to hellish deaths surrounded by strangers while no friends or relatives were allowed to visit. The order gave nursing homes no warning, no help and no way to reject contagious patients. To prevent discrimination, it even said the homes could not ask if the patients being forced on them had tested positive.

Officially, New York says the coronavirus claimed 6,200 lives in nursing homes, or about 25 percent of the state total of nearly 25,000 fatalities, but the actual total is certainly higher. Some estimate that nursing home deaths are closer to 12,000. One reason for the gap is that many of those who died were never tested. Another is that officials changed counting methods in midstream. Residents who got sick in the homes but died in hospitals were initially counted with nursing home totals; later, their deaths were counted in hospital totals. Although the order was wreaking havoc behind closed doors, the general public was in the dark until The Post broke the story on April 21, and the governor has been attacking The Post ever since. That day, Albany reporter Bernadette Hogan asked about the order at the briefing. “That’s a good question, I don’t know,” Cuomo said...

Whataboutism! Deflection! Waaaa! Actually, you see, the country has this thingy called "limited resources" so if we're removing leaders, why not start with Cuomo? Killing the nation's elderly seems wrong. Oh wait, it's actually wrong. But Cuomo's remove won't lead to expansion of Middle Eastern Warfare, that Neocons/Neolibs desperately want.

So let's say that Neocons/Neolibs get their wish, who's going to go and fight? Those who are poor, oppressed, the very same blacks like George Floyd, only younger. Huh, I though Black Lives Mattered, what happened there Neocons/Neolibs? "But joining the armed forces is a choice!" Not when your other options include addiction and gang life. "Say you wanna serve blackman or die of poverty!" is still quite acceptable. But let's get back to the WMD, Jussie Smolliet, Ghadaffi must go, Libya will be a thriving democracy, as will Iraq, Kosovo's doing really well, and other fairy tales for children and gullible adults.

(Insert bad guy here) is/are doing something that we cannot prove or verify, but totally trust us they're doing it, for bullshit reasons that no sane person would agree with. In this case the Russians "are targeting" US and UK soldiers in Afghanistan with bounties for the Taliban.

The sheer stupidity of that statement astounds. First, what is the purpose of targeting soldiers? They're just meat for the meat grinder, and US/UK have plenty of soldiers. Targeting soldiers of any nation's a waste of money. Second, Taliban? Despite having superb special forces, the Russians are using the Taliban to carry out the targeting. It's like a superb car mechanic, who has all of the spare parts, going to the dealership to get his car fixed. Third - Afghanistan? Not Syria, where the Russians are at, not Iraq, where Americans are most vulnerable, not Ukraine, which is closest to Russia, but Afghanistan. Why? What's the strategic mission? Oh wait, Afghanistan's the only Neocon/Neolib war that still has some support. That's why. Nothing to do with Russia. Still waiting for that Pee Tape confirmation from the Steele Dossier.

This reminds me of something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2124
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Ansarre wrote:Source: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/27/russia-offered-bounty-to-kill-uk-soldiers

The Russian intelligence unit behind the attempted murder in Salisbury of the former double agent Sergei Skripal secretly offered to pay Taliban-linked fighters to kill British and American soldiers in Afghanistan, according to US reports.

According to the paper, Trump was briefed on the activity months ago, but no discernible action has been taken. The UK received the intelligence last week. The 29155 unit of the GRU, an arm of Russia’s military intelligence agency, was responsible for executing the plan, according to the paper. In recent years, it has been linked to assassination attempts aimed at destabilising the West.

Unit 29155 has been linked to an attempted coup in Montenegro, the poisoning of a Bulgarian arms manufacturer and subversion in Moldova.

"According to some mysterious reports" - same ones with WMDs? Or Steele Dossier? Or Libya going Democratic? Just curious, do those reports bullshit on a daily basis, or an hourly basis.

Ansarre wrote:This incredibly startling report

So startling that everyone reading it is startled by the amount of bullshit?

Ansarre wrote:details

The report seems to be rather light on those, I wonder why...

Ansarre wrote:what is probably

Good use of a weasel word!

Ansarre wrote:the most direct action taken by the Putin regime against the west since the illegal annexation of Crimea and invasion of the Donbass. It is now beyond proven that the Russian Federation under Vladimir Putin is a hostile actor working tirelessly to further its strategic interests.

If working to further your own strategic interests makes you hostile, then, by that definition, everyone should be quite hostile. Then we can have a nuclear war. Yay! Or we can use sane definitions instead, and base foreign policy on reality, rather than fiction.

Ansarre wrote:Those interests are totally antithetical to those of the west

The West is against Popular Referendums? Is the West aware of this? Because last time I checked, the West loved Popular Referendums.

Ansarre wrote:and threaten to plunge the world into another great war.

Neocons talking about others plunging the World into warfare...

Ansarre wrote:In light of this report, it is abundantly clear that Donald Trump is either a buffoon who just can't accept that Russia won't be friends with the west, or he is purposefully working for Russia to weaken us. I'll let the reader be the judge.

So after pumping up the report like there's no tomorrow, deviously using the term "details" as a verb, while knowing full well how scant actual details are in said report, you're just here, being the kind soul to let the reader judge, so when're you asking for the Invasion of Iraq?

Ansarre wrote:I will come before you to ask the following questions:

Do you believe Russia did this?
If so, what should the response be?

Do I believe that Russians used an inferior force to kill easily replaceable soldiers in a region that's of little strategic value to Russia? Nope. As thus, the response should be to deride this idiocy.

Ansarre wrote:Personally, I am beyond a doubt convinced

Of course you are, what're details? Just a verb, no need for actual details.

Ansarre wrote:that the Putin regime ordered the murder of American soldiers in Afghanistan. An appropriate response would be sanction their economy into the ground, release damaging intelligence to their enemies, support separatist groups inside Russia, increase NATO presence in the Baltic states, provide critical support to Ukraine in their fight against Russian invaders, and begin going after key Russian allies like Assad.

And here I was wondering what your angle was. War with Syria and Iran, thanks for letting the rest of us know. Because the rest of your response is a joke. Obama attempted sanctions, not sure if you have any damaging information, anyone actually supporting said groups will take a quick trip to Lefortovo, increasing NATO presence in the Baltics is more for show, Ukraine will Ukraine no matter the support provided, so really, the only measure there that's not a joke, is "bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran" - wow, you're quite persistent with the "Mommy, I wanna Middle Eastern War!" cry.

But this is NSG, and the only way that certain NSGers will buy this crap, is if you end it with "Orange Man Bad!" - so go ahead:

Ansarre wrote:As for Trump ignoring this... he needs to be removed from office and jailed for treason.

Whoah! No one saw that one coming. And by no one, I mean everyone, because everyone saw that coming.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:08 am

I really dont know how to feel about this. On one hand it could be true and Trump may be like "I don't care," but on the other hand we've had many people in our government trying to go to war with Russia for years now (Hillary Clinton wanting to establish a no fly zone over Syria and suggesting we bomb the Russian navy), which is downright fucking stupid considering that they got nuclear arms.

If many of the neocons we have now were running the government in 1980, I guarantee you the entire world would have been destroyed in a single day by a nuclear war. These loonies would have fired the damn WMDs.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Anthony Scaramucci Autonomous Zone
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Anthony Scaramucci Autonomous Zone » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:46 am

Rojava Free State wrote:I really dont know how to feel about this. On one hand it could be true and Trump may be like "I don't care," but on the other hand we've had many people in our government trying to go to war with Russia for years now (Hillary Clinton wanting to establish a no fly zone over Syria and suggesting we bomb the Russian navy), which is downright fucking stupid considering that they got nuclear arms.

If many of the neocons we have now were running the government in 1980, I guarantee you the entire world would have been destroyed in a single day by a nuclear war. These loonies would have fired the damn WMDs.

Uhh have you heard of Ronald Reagan? Even if you don’t consider him a neocon, I mean it is a term of art, his administration was full of people we generally associate with the movement.
I used to be known as Werp.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:48 am

Anthony Scaramucci Autonomous Zone wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I really dont know how to feel about this. On one hand it could be true and Trump may be like "I don't care," but on the other hand we've had many people in our government trying to go to war with Russia for years now (Hillary Clinton wanting to establish a no fly zone over Syria and suggesting we bomb the Russian navy), which is downright fucking stupid considering that they got nuclear arms.

Uhh have you heard of Ronald Reagan? Even if you don’t consider him a neocon, I mean it is a term of art, his administration was full of people we generally associate with the movement.

I said the neocons we have now. Imagine John Bolton as president in 1980 and tell me you don't see the inevitable end of the world.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:59 am

Trump and Russia have a vested interest in denying it, although I can't imagine Trump keeping his mouth shut about it if he was briefed. It just seems too juicy for him to keep the secret.
The taliban also has denied this bounty thing, which adds to my priors that it's not actually a thing that happened.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

Ansarre
Envoy

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ansarre » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:09 am

Rojava Free State wrote:I said the neocons we have now. Imagine John Bolton as president in 1980 and tell me you don't see the inevitable end of the world.

Gosh I wish I didn't have to imagine that, what a wonderful world it would've been!
Center-right Neoconservative and European Federalist
Hong Kong is British and the Republic of China is the only legitimate authority in China! 時代革命!
I support ISRAEL, open borders, multiracialism, the war on drugs, free trade, police militarization, landlords, and regime change wars.
No to America, no to Russia, no to China, YES TO EUROPE
Senator Joseph McCarthy was an American hero and did nothing wrong

OOC Overview of myself | European Voting Guide | Reading List
FREEDOM FOR ISRAEL
FREEDOM FOR BELARUS
FREEDOM FOR EAST TURKESTAN
FREEDOM FOR HONG KONG
FREEDOM FOR ASSYRIA
FREEDOM FOR KURDISTAN

The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:19 am

Ansarre wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:I said the neocons we have now. Imagine John Bolton as president in 1980 and tell me you don't see the inevitable end of the world.

Gosh I wish I didn't have to imagine that, what a wonderful world it would've been!

Turning the planet into a nuclear wasteland would've made it a "wonderful world?" :eyebrow:
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:39 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Anthony Scaramucci Autonomous Zone wrote:Uhh have you heard of Ronald Reagan? Even if you don’t consider him a neocon, I mean it is a term of art, his administration was full of people we generally associate with the movement.

I said the neocons we have now. Imagine John Bolton as president in 1980 and tell me you don't see the inevitable end of the world.

Imagine John Bolton as President ... any time.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General