NATION

PASSWORD

Russia tried to murder US soldiers and Trump Ignored It

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:41 pm

One part that doesn't make sense to me, though, is why would Russia offer to pay Taliban-linked fighters to kill British and American soldiers when that's what they're doing already? It's not like they need any additional motivation to do so...

In any case, it's time to get the hell out of that shithole and stop wasting any effort on it. Completely pointless and nothing more than a multi-generational money pit that will never benefit the US in any way.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Vassenor wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I want more evidence and a better source that isn't "anonymous intelligence officials."

Maybe you should start by explaining what makes the evidence presented unacceptable.

Anonymous intelligence officials were the same source cited for there being WMDs in Iraq, of which there were none.

I want another source that isn't "anonymous intelligence officials."
Last edited by Sundiata on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
Maybe you should start by explaining what makes the evidence presented unacceptable.

Anonymous intelligence officials were the same source cited for there being WMDs in Iraq, of which there were none.

Actually there were WMDs in Iraq. We know that for certain since the USA gave them to them.
What Iraq did with them is a scary question.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:48 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Anonymous intelligence officials were the same source cited for there being WMDs in Iraq, of which there were none.

Actually there were WMDs in Iraq. We know that for certain since the USA gave them to them.

Saddam had all of them destroyed in compliance with the UN while deceiving his military into thinking that he was only destroying some of them.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:39 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:

Saddam had all of them destroyed in compliance with the UN while deceiving his military into thinking that he was only destroying some of them.

The Alma Mater wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Anonymous intelligence officials were the same source cited for there being WMDs in Iraq, of which there were none.

If the intelligence was credible that there were WMDs in Iraq, then the Iraq war was just.

My opinion is changed.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 am

Sundiata wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

"But Iraq..."

Everybody drink.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 am

Sundiata wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

A better source before urging the government to war? Certainly.

A better source to say "yeah, they probably did that" not so much.

It's basically plausible with no evidence at all, so tell us why you reject the evidence available?
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:33 am

That's crazy, Trump should retaliate against those terrorists so that the Democrats can call him a violent warmonger and try to pass a war powers resolution to censure him for defending the country.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

It's basically plausible with no evidence at all, so tell us why you reject the evidence available?

Because it wouldn't be the first time that the American public has been provided incomplete information.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:47 am

Crockerland wrote:That's crazy, Trump should retaliate against those terrorists so that the Democrats can call him a violent warmonger and try to pass a war powers resolution to censure him for defending the country.

The only cross-sectional appeal Trump still has, is that he hasn't started a war. His other campaign-able achievements are the Wall (or virtual wall: he has cut immigration legal and illegal) and being a great entertainer.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 am

Sundiata wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Because it wouldn't be the first time that the American public has been provided incomplete information.

"Lie to me once, I'll never believe you again."

That's a childish attitude, and one you can't afford to take towards a big source of information.

Intelligence does sometimes get corrupted on its way to the public. And of course most intelligence never even gets to the public. But you can't afford to dismiss it all, or even to dismiss that which doesn't suit your political beliefs. Doing so is nothing but willful ignorance.

Personally I'm putting about 20% weight on this information. If it came through government, I'd put about 50% weight. That big lie nearly twenty years ago has left its mark, but it has not destroyed the reputation of the US government with me.

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:09 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Because it wouldn't be the first time that the American public has been provided incomplete information.

That's a childish attitude, and one you can't afford to take towards a big source of information.

Intelligence does sometimes get corrupted on its way to the public. And of course most intelligence never even gets to the public. But you can't afford to dismiss it all, or even to dismiss that which doesn't suit your political beliefs. Doing so is nothing but willful ignorance.

Personally I'm putting about 20% weight on this information. If it came through government, I'd put about 50% weight. That big lie nearly twenty years ago has left its mark, but it has not destroyed the reputation of the US government with me.

After 3 1/2 years of lies and "anonymous sources", I think it is justified that trust in the media is low. As another poster stated, why would you have to pay people who from an ideological stand point are already happy to kill American and British soldiers? It makes no sense and is just another attempt to revive the failed Russia narrative.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:10 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

After 3 1/2 years of lies and "anonymous sources", I think it is justified that trust in the media is low. As another poster stated, why would you have to pay people who from an ideological stand point are already happy to kill American and British soldiers? It makes no sense and is just another attempt to revive the failed Russia narrative.

Failed so hard that people went to jail for collusion with Russia that you claim never happened.
Last edited by Vassenor on Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:32 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

If you're going to take the credibility high ground against the media, you'd do well not to end with "failed Russia narrative"

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:34 am

Vassenor wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:

Failed so hard that people went to jail for collusion with Russia that you claim never happened.

Yeah. If the Trumpsters really believed Russia did no wrong, why aren't they demanding the release of the Russian agents?

They're so not doing that, that they don't even know their names!

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:38 am

Vassenor wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:

Failed so hard it made Soviet show trials look like an episode of Judge Judy.

You mean people going to jail for collusion like Lt. Gen. Flynn who was told he wouldn't need an attorney despite being secretly questioned by the FBI? Even more so that the agents who questioned him didn't think he was lying, but this evidence was withheld and he was charged with perjury. Thank God the DOJ is trying get his case dropped. Additionally, other than Lt. Gen. Flynn, the other people charged in the Mueller Report were for financial violations.

Also what about Democrat collusion with foreign powers? Clinton paid a British spy, to get information from the big bad Russia to get dirt on Trump and create a fake dossier. And yes it is fake, because under oath, said spy, Christopher, Steele, admitted everything in the dossier was not verified or verifiable. Yet it was that fake dossier that started this mess to begin with. Nothing wrong with that I take it? And lets not get started with Biden and his "well of a b*tch, he was fired" when talking about his interference in Ukrainian business and investigations.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:58 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

Do you remember Paul Manafort? Does seven years jail jog your memory?

It's shameful that you won't stand up for the footsoldiers who fell protecting your precious Trump. You'll just say "show trial" but you won't call for the reversal of the convictions. Nah, don't want to go digging up bodies do you?

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:02 am

Sundiata wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

You do realize that the so called "WMD's" in Iraq was a pretext so Bush could invade right? The county was whipped up into such a frenzy, over terrorism that they would believe anything. Last time I checked, nobody wants war with Russia.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:08 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:

It's shameful that you won't stand up for the footsoldiers who fell protecting your precious Trump. You'll just say "show trial" but you won't call for the reversal of the convictions. Nah, don't want to go digging up bodies do you?

Dodging my question about Democrat foreign collusion I see. Not that I expected less, and since you are going for a personal attack rather than refuting what I said I take it I won the argument.

I also enjoy that you make a personal attack on me based on nothing other than my skepticism about a "leak", that points to Russia being the supreme evil of the world for the 1000th time. What happened about Obama's precious "Russian Reset Button"? Or how the 1960s wanted Romney's Cold War policies back. I thought things were peachy now?

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Dodging my question about Democrat foreign collusion I see.

Your post was directed to Vassenor, so I feel no obligation to answer questions in it.

Not that I expected less, and since you are going for a personal attack rather than refuting what I said I take it I won the argument.

I also enjoy that you make a personal attack on me based on nothing other than my skepticism about a "leak", that points to Russia being the supreme evil of the world for the 1000th time. What happened about Obama's precious "Russian Reset Button"? Or how the 1960s wanted Romney's Cold War policies back. I thought things were peachy now?

Whatever. You're just spouting partisan talking points and heading off topic fast.

People were convicted over the "Russia hoax" and if you really thought it was a hoax you'd be calling for their release. Not desperately trying to change the subject.

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:14 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Vassenor wrote:

You mean people going to jail for collusion like Lt. Gen. Flynn who was told he wouldn't need an attorney despite being secretly questioned by the FBI? Even more so that the agents who questioned him didn't think he was lying, but this evidence was withheld and he was charged with perjury. Thank God the DOJ is trying get his case dropped. Additionally, other than Lt. Gen. Flynn, the other people charged in the Mueller Report were for financial violations.

Also what about Democrat collusion with foreign powers? Clinton paid a British spy, to get information from the big bad Russia to get dirt on Trump and create a fake dossier. And yes it is fake, because under oath, said spy, Christopher, Steele, admitted everything in the dossier was not verified or verifiable. Yet it was that fake dossier that started this mess to begin with. Nothing wrong with that I take it? And lets not get started with Biden and his "well of a b*tch, he was fired" when talking about his interference in Ukrainian business and investigations.

#ButHillary

Everybody drink.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:16 am

Vassenor wrote:
Austerlitsch wrote:

#ButHillary

Everybody drink.

Do you not agree with equal enforcement of the law? Or only when it is expedient for a talking point?

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:17 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Vassenor wrote:
#ButHillary

Everybody drink.

Do you not agree with equal enforcement of the law? Or only when it is expedient for a talking point?

I'm not the one desperately searching for whataboutisms.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

Austerlitsch
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Austerlitsch » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:48 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:People were convicted over the "Russia hoax" and if you really thought it was a hoax you'd be calling for their release. Not desperately trying to change the subject.

Umm, did you miss the part where I said I was happy the DOJ was trying to get Flynn's case dropped?

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:04 am

Austerlitsch wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:People were convicted over the "Russia hoax" and if you really thought it was a hoax you'd be calling for their release. Not desperately trying to change the subject.

Umm, did you miss the part where I said I was happy the DOJ was trying to get Flynn's case dropped?

So what about Manafort and Rudy's two mooks?
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General