NATION

PASSWORD

Kosovo president indicted as war criminal, resists

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shofercia
Post Czar

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:08 am

Novus America wrote:
Slavakino wrote:>inb4 "Kosovo should be independent or annexed by Albania because its majority Albanian!"
Ok by that logic the Serb parts of Bosnia should be independent or annexed by Serbia same with the Croat parts

If the people of Bosnia want that than very possibly. What the people want matter, from a practical not merely ethical standpoint. The simple fact is Kosovo is gone from Serbia, it (with the exception of maybe the 4 municipalities of North Kosovo) are not coming back to Serbia, Serbia cannot realistically take it, and the Serbian leadership actually know this, but has to throw some lies out to keep the “Kosovo is Serbia” types happy.

It is over and done.

It's far from over and done. You saying otherwise, isn't going to matter. The refugees from Kosovo reside in Serbia. Kosovo has yet to pay out any compensation, or even acknowledge ethnic cleansing that took place. Serbia has Russian and Chinese vetoes preventing full UN membership for Kosovo. You're demanding that Serbia just get over it, without any apology, any recognition, and any compensation? That is an insane demand to make.

Furthermore, if Kosovo gets to follow that doctrine, why not Republika Srpska? Until the refugees who have been ethnically cleansed are fully satisfied, there's no reason for Serbia to help Kosovo. What the people want matters, including people who were ethnically cleansed. They matter too.
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:13 am

Way too many misconceptions and false claims being thrown around on this thread

First of all, Kosovo isn’t some random land that Serbia wants for fun, the cultural importance of what is modern day Kosovo cannot be stressed enough to the Serbian identity. Not only was it the original seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church, it is home to countless cultural icons and landmarks with immense significant to any Serb. The Kosovars have been committing mass historical revisionism to pretend as if the land has been populated by Albanians all throughout history, which includes the destruction of important Serbian landmarks, so much so that there is an entire Wikipedia page dedicated to it.

Am I saying Kosovars should be kicked out? No, but trying to take the importance of the land they settled in the 19th and 20th centuries away from the Serbian identity is playing right into the Kosovar and Albanian historical revisionism, something which the US and NATO are complicit in.
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:16 am

Page wrote:I don't know a whole lot about about Kosovo and Serbia politics, but a quick google search shows that the vast majority of Kosovo's population are Albanians, not Serbs, and I do know the vast majority of the world has recognized Kosovo's independence, and that is enough for me to dismiss "Kosovo is Serbia" as irredentist nonsense.

Which is why you may want to do more than just a quick google search and take a look at the in depth histories of the land before spouting on on this discussion board about a topic you seem to know little about
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Grand Ararat
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 16, 2006
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Grand Ararat » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:18 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
East Blepia wrote:Kosovo is Serbia, both legally and by right. Kosovo would not be separate from Serbia if it were not for the NATO invasion (complete with depleted uranium bombing). It is occupied by an illegal drug-trading regime.

Why the hell should it be part of serbia? Most of its people aren't even Serbs.

Kosova Polje is where the Serbian nation was "formed" out of the loose tribal and feudal thing that came before. The location has historic significance for the Serbs, even if in later time the whole "field of Kosova" became populated with ethnic Albanians.

It's much the same with Armenians and Mount Ararat - it's just that the demographic changes (including one holocaust) are much more recent in the case of the Armenians.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:19 am

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Way too many misconceptions and false claims being thrown around on this thread

First of all, Kosovo isn’t some random land that Serbia wants for fun, the cultural importance of what is modern day Kosovo cannot be stressed enough to the Serbian identity. Not only was it the original seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church, it is home to countless cultural icons and landmarks with immense significant to any Serb. The Kosovars have been committing mass historical revisionism to pretend as if the land has been populated by Albanians all throughout history, which includes the destruction of important Serbian landmarks, so much so that there is an entire Wikipedia page dedicated to it.

Am I saying Kosovars should be kicked out? No, but trying to take the importance of the land they settled in the 19th and 20th centuries away from the Serbian identity is playing right into the Kosovar and Albanian historical revisionism, something which the US and NATO are complicit in.

Every piece of land on this Earth was stolen and fought over. Why stop with Kosovo?

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:32 am

Adamede wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Way too many misconceptions and false claims being thrown around on this thread

Every piece of land on this Earth was stolen and fought over. Why stop with Kosovo?

That’s… not really an argument

Kosovo wasn’t "conquered" in ancient times, it was settled by Albanians quite recently, through just moving, not conquering. And I don’t support some sort of resettlement of them either, I completely respect their right to live in their land, but it’s downright dishonest to pretend as if Serbia’s claim has zero legitimacy or is purely irredentist, as Page was saying
9axes

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:43 am

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:
Adamede wrote:Every piece of land on this Earth was stolen and fought over. Why stop with Kosovo?

Kosovo wasn’t "conquered" in ancient times, it was settled by Albanians quite recently, through just moving, not conquering. And I don’t support some sort of resettlement of them either, I completely respect their right to live in their land, but it’s downright dishonest to pretend as if Serbia’s claim has zero legitimacy or is purely irredentist, as Page was saying

Plenty of land out there that was conquered and settled recently. Doesn't change or answer my question.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:45 am

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:
Adamede wrote:Every piece of land on this Earth was stolen and fought over. Why stop with Kosovo?

Sure I get Serbia has cultural and historical ties to the region, but still that dies not change the fact that it is gone from Serbia and not coming back (with the exception of the 4 municipalities of “North Kosovo”.

I agree there are legitimate concerns, details and grievances to work out, but Kosovo is gone and not coming back. In all fairness the Serbian Government knows this, although they cannot openly drop the claim for domestic purposes, they already de facto treat Kosovo as an independent place.

They are not actually trying to retake it.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Asvala
Political Columnist

Founded: May 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Asvala » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:49 am

Atheris wrote:Kosovo is Serbia.

Kosovo has 95% Albanians, so is it?

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:01 am

Asvala wrote:

No. It's not an argument either.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:09 am

Kosovo should probably be some sort of autonomous zone within Serbia.

...although with Serbia's history, there should probably be some organizations keeping a close eye on what Serbia does within it.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:13 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:Kosovo should probably be some sort of autonomous zone within Serbia.

...although with Serbia's history, there should probably be some organizations keeping a close eye on what Serbia does within it.

How could this even be achieved? Having Serbian troops occupy it by force?

Plus again it would cause many political and demographic issues in Serbia, let alone the insurgency it would be fighting an all. Kosovo as part of Serbia is not realistically or politically viable anymore.

And even many Serbs including the government actually realize this, even if they will not openly say it. Serbia is not even trying to retake all of it.

Given Serbia’s political dysfunction and polarization, widespread protests, corruption and economic problems, demographic crisis, amongst other issues the last thing it needs its trying to rule over nearly two million people who are staunchly opposed to be ruled by it.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:39 am

Novus America wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:That’s… not really an argument

Sure I get Serbia has cultural and historical ties to the region, but still that dies not change the fact that it is gone from Serbia and not coming back (with the exception of the 4 municipalities of “North Kosovo”.

I agree there are legitimate concerns, details and grievances to work out, but Kosovo is gone and not coming back. In all fairness the Serbian Government knows this, although they cannot openly drop the claim for domestic purposes, they already de facto treat Kosovo as an independent place.

They are not actually trying to retake it.

China isn't invading Taiwan, is China treating Taiwan like an independent country? You do realize that just because you're not invading a place, doesn't mean that you treat it like an independent country, right? Serbia most definitely doesn't, and shouldn't, treat Kosovo as an independent country. Also, until the US invaded CHAZ with bicycle cops, did the US treat CHAZ as an independent country?
Come, learn about Russian Culture! Bring Vodka and Ushanka. Interested in Slavic Culture? Fill this out.
Stonk Power! (North) Kosovo is (a de facto part of) Serbia and Crimea is (a de facto part of) Russia
I used pronouns until the mods made using wrong pronouns warnable, so I use names instead; if you see malice there, that's entirely on you, and if pronouns are no longer warnable, I'll go back to using them

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:56 am

Serbia is in fact considering officially recognizing Kosovo’s independence if Serbia gets enough concessions, namely autonomy for Serbian majority areas and special protections for religious sites in return.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes ... maker/amp/

Although Serbia is still holding off on official recognition as a bargaining chip, it has effectively admitted it is not getting Kosovo. It is just seeing how much it can get in return for officially acknowledging independence.
Last edited by Novus America on Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:33 pm

Novus America wrote:Serbia is in fact considering officially recognizing Kosovo’s independence if Serbia gets enough concessions, namely autonomy for Serbian majority areas and special protections for religious sites in return.

Although Serbia is still holding off on official recognition as a bargaining chip, it has effectively admitted it is not getting Kosovo. It is just seeing how much it can get in return for officially acknowledging independence.

My good sir, would you be so kind as to actually cite the parts of the article that you're relying on? Because that post seems to be bullshitting. First, why autonomy, rather than outright return in the case of North Serbia? That makes zero sense. Second who's going to guarantee protection for the religious sites? Third, when are the victims of ethnic cleansing getting compensation?

On top of that, the current Serb administration mishandled Coronavirus, and therefore lost the political capital to make any kind of deal. Kosovo's landlocked, managed to fuck up its relationship with Macedonia, and I doubt that Montenegro will prefer Kosovo over Serbia, leaving Albania as the only trade outlet, and Albania's also struggling economically. It makes zero sense for Serbia to make at this point.

And all this time Europe's being reminded of NATO bombing a civilian target, the beautiful City of Belgrade, over Kosovo. The longer Serbia holds out, the sweeter the deal. But if Kosovo is not going to compensate victims of ethnic cleansing - no deal. You commit the crime, you do the time.

Knask
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 20, 2009

Postby Knask » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Shofercia wrote:Third, when are the victims of ethnic cleansing getting compensation?

Probably at the same time as Kosovar victims of Serbian crimes, including extrajudicial killings, disappearances, and war crimes (including ethnic cleansing), are getting compensation. I'm sure Serbia is standing ready to do a full and complete reckoning of its transgressions since 1989. :)

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Knask wrote:
Shofercia wrote:Third, when are the victims of ethnic cleansing getting compensation?

Probably at the same time as Kosovar victims of Serbian crimes, including extrajudicial killings, disappearances, and war crimes (including ethnic cleansing), are getting compensation. I'm sure Serbia is standing ready to do a full and complete reckoning of its transgressions since 1989. :)

The sources I read do not even mention compensation coming up, probably because the Serbian Government knows that is a dead end to Albanians counterclaiming compensation.
Then it just becomes pointless if both sides pay each other the same amount, and trying to prove one deserves more just becomes a war crimes olympics game.

The important thing is the pro Serb posters here are not members of the Serbian Government and have very different views on things. Just because the pro Serb posters here think something is important or necessary is completely irrelevant to what the Serbian Government thinks is important or necessary.

Admittedly this does raise a problem, it is not clear the Serbian Government has the agreement of the overwhelming majority of Serbs on the matter, and no matter what it agrees to the ultranats will throw a hissy fit because it still involves acknowledging Kosovo is independent.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Enesia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Enesia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:01 pm

Shofercia wrote:
Novus America wrote:Serbia is in fact considering officially recognizing Kosovo’s independence if Serbia gets enough concessions, namely autonomy for Serbian majority areas and special protections for religious sites in return.

My good sir, would you be so kind as to actually cite the parts of the article that you're relying on? Because that post seems to be bullshitting. First, why autonomy, rather than outright return in the case of North Serbia? That makes zero sense. Second who's going to guarantee protection for the religious sites? Third, when are the victims of ethnic cleansing getting compensation?

On top of that, the current Serb administration mishandled Coronavirus, and therefore lost the political capital to make any kind of deal. Kosovo's landlocked, managed to fuck up its relationship with Macedonia, and I doubt that Montenegro will prefer Kosovo over Serbia, leaving Albania as the only trade outlet, and Albania's also struggling economically. It makes zero sense for Serbia to make at this point.

And all this time Europe's being reminded of NATO bombing a civilian target, the beautiful City of Belgrade, over Kosovo. The longer Serbia holds out, the sweeter the deal. But if Kosovo is not going to compensate victims of ethnic cleansing - no deal. You commit the crime, you do the time.

My good sir, the main reason there will be no land swap is because the USA and the EU are against it out of fear it may lead to even more territorial changes in Europe. Remember the Balkan powder keg ? Well it is still very much active. On the matter of mishandled Covid situation. The Serbian Progressive Party holds a two thirds majority in the National Assembly and i have seen no polls which indicate any loss of popularity, but time will tell i guess. In both Kosovo and Serbia the Kosovo situation is just an excuse for politicians to take the minds of its citizens from more important issues such as corruption, brain drain or income inequality.
Furthermore on the matter of Hashim Thaçi's indictment i will only say that all this balkan people are the same. They all think they are the biggest victims, that the other side is the only perpetrator of evil but every one defends and hides their own war criminals and cheers them as war heroes. Perhaps the West hasn't done enough but i shudder to think what could have happened if it didn't intervene.

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:40 pm

Knask wrote:

Funny how you realize that Albanian claims pale in comparison to Serb claims, so you have to bring in the rest of Yugoslavia. Actually, that's not funny; it's pathetic.

Novus America wrote:
Knask wrote:Probably at the same time as Kosovar victims of Serbian crimes, including extrajudicial killings, disappearances, and war crimes (including ethnic cleansing), are getting compensation. I'm sure Serbia is standing ready to do a full and complete reckoning of its transgressions since 1989. :)

The sources I read do not even mention compensation coming up, probably because the Serbian Government knows that is a dead end to Albanians counterclaiming compensation.
Then it just becomes pointless if both sides pay each other the same amount, and trying to prove one deserves more just becomes a war crimes olympics game.

The important thing is the pro Serb posters here are not members of the Serbian Government and have very different views on things. Just because the pro Serb posters here think something is important or necessary is completely irrelevant to what the Serbian Government thinks is important or necessary.

Admittedly this does raise a problem, it is not clear the Serbian Government has the agreement of the overwhelming majority of Serbs on the matter, and no matter what it agrees to the ultranats will throw a hissy fit because it still involves acknowledging Kosovo is independent.

Serbia's a democracy, and has fair elections, last time I checked. I know that you'd probably wish it wasn't, but because it's a democracy and the current government botched coronavirus response, it's in no position to make a major shift, even if it wanted to.

Enesia wrote:
Shofercia wrote:

My good sir, the main reason there will be no land swap is because the USA and the EU are against it out of fear it may lead to even more territorial changes in Europe. Remember the Balkan powder keg ? Well it is still very much active. On the matter of mishandled Covid situation. The Serbian Progressive Party holds a two thirds majority in the National Assembly and i have seen no polls which indicate any loss of popularity, but time will tell i guess. In both Kosovo and Serbia the Kosovo situation is just an excuse for politicians to take the minds of its citizens from more important issues such as corruption, brain drain or income inequality.
Furthermore on the matter of Hashim Thaçi's indictment i will only say that all this balkan people are the same. They all think they are the biggest victims, that the other side is the only perpetrator of evil but every one defends and hides their own war criminals and cheers them as war heroes. Perhaps the West hasn't done enough but i shudder to think what could have happened if it didn't intervene.

The territorial integrity of Kosovo is the dumbest thing I've heard. You can't violate Serbia's territorial integrity, and then claim your own. Every single thing that Albanians in Kosovo bitched, whined, and moaned about, applies to North Kosovo, and then some. Autonomy can be revoked, and under autonomy, Serbia's armed forces won't be able to defend North Kosovo from Thaci's thugs. Any negotiation that doesn't involve Serbia retaining North Kosovo should be a nonstarter. And we've seen KFOR "protection" before; I'd rather hire a private security company. A result of KFOR "protection" for all to see:

Holy Trinity Monastery "Rusinica" in Mušutište (14th century), dynamited and burned down in July 1999, only the bell tower remains[38][39]
Church of the Virgin Hodegetria, Mušutište (14th century), burned down and dynamited in July 1999[40][39]
Monastery of St. Mark of Koriša in Koriša (15th century), burned down and razed to ground in July 1999[41][39]
Church of the Holy Archangels in Gornje Nerodimlje (14th century, renewed in 1700), set on fire and looted, and seriously damaged by explosive, the old cemetery desecrated[39]
Church of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul, Suva Reka (built in 1938), demolished by explosive in July 1999[39]
Holy Trinity Cathedral in Gjakova (originally built in 1940, renovated in 1998/99), completely destroyed by explosive on 24 July 1999[39]
Church of Holy Trinity, Petrič (built in 1993), completely destroyed in 1999[42][39]
Church of St. Nicholas, Slovinje (16th century), completely demolished by explosive in July 1999[39]
Presentation of the Virgin church in Dolac (built in 1620), completely demolished in August 1999[39]
Devič Monastery in Srbica (15th century), pillaged and torched, the tomb of St. Joanikije of Devič was desecrated in June 1999.[43][44] The KFOR troops said KLA rebels vandalized centuries-old murals and paintings in the chapel.[45][46]
Church of St. Nicholas, Prizren (14th century, reconstructed in 1857), mined on 3 September and severely damaged[39], later renovated
St. Archangel Gabriel's Monastery in Binač (14th century), completely destroyed by explosive on 13 December[39]
St. Uroš Monastery in Gornje Nerodimlje (14th century), completely destroyed in summer 1999[39]
Church of the Holy Virgin in Koriša (16th -17th century), church and the cemetery were destroyed in summer 1999[39]
Holy Trinity Church in Ratiš (built in 1922, destroyed in 1941 and reconstructed in 1992). In summer 1997 the church was set on fire and was reconstructed again. In June 1999 the church was finally mined and completely destroyed.[39]
Church of St Mark in Klina , heavily damaged in summer 1999[39]
Church of St. Nicholas, Donje Nerodimlje (built in 1983), vandalized and set on fire in July 1999 [39]
Church of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Belo Polje (16th century), looted and set on fire in June 1999[39]
Church of St. John the Baptist, Samodreža (14th century, reconstructed in 1932), vandalized and burnt in June 1999[47]
Church of Saint Elijah, Vučitrn (built in 1834), vandalized and looted in June 1999[39]
St. Eliah's Church in Bistražin (reconstructed in 1994), vandalized and damaged by an explosion in June 1999[39]
Church of Holy Trinity, Velika Reka (built in 1998), vandalized and set on fire in June 1999[39]
Church of the Holy Emperor Uroš in Uroševac (built in 1933), burnt in June 1999[48]
Parish church St. Eliah in Žegra (built in 1931), vandalized and set on fire, local graveyard is also desecrated[39]
St. Elias Church in Smać (built in 1996), damaged by explosive and vandalized in July 1999[39]
Church of St. Paraskeva, Drsnik (built 1560/1570), interior torched in June 1999, later renovated[49],
Parish church in Grmovo, near Vitina, first it was set on fire and then completely destroyed by explosive.[39]
Church of St Nicholas in Gatnje near Uroševac (built in 1985), looted, vandalized and seriously damaged by explosive[39]
Church of St. Nicolas in Kijevo, near Klina (14th century), completely destroyed by explosive[39]
Church of St. Elijah, Podujevo (built in 1929), vandalized in July 1999[39]
The parish church in Novake near Prizren, vandalized and damaged[39]
Church of the Holy Prophet Elijah in Pomazatin (erected in 1937), roof and the interiors were burnt. Parts of it destroyed by mines.[39]
Church of St George, in Rudnik near Srbica (14th century), seriously damaged by explosive[39]
Church of St Archangel in Mušutište, set on fire and partially destroyed in summer 1999[39]
The Church of St Parasceva, in the village of Zaskok near Urosevac, mined and completely destroyed in summer 1999[39]
Church of St. Jeremiah in Grebnik (built in 1920), razed to ground and terrain leveled with bulldozers
Church of St. George, Rečanе (14th century), destroyed by explosive in June 1999[50]
Monastery of the Holy Archangels in Prizren (14th century), looted and devastated in June-July 1999[51], the 14th century Pine of Tsar Dušan was cut down and burned[52]
Church of the Virgin, Naklo (built in 1985), burnt and destroyed in June 1999[53]
Church of St. John the Baptist, Pećka Banja (built in 1998), demolished and the interiors burnt in June 1999
Church of St. Nicholas, Đurakovac (built in 14th century, renovated in 1592), dynamited in July 1999, large centuries old oak tree was cut into peaces and burned[50]
Church of the Holy Mother of God, Podgorce (consecrated in 1996), vandalized and burnt
Church of the Holy Trinity in Babljak near Uroševac (re-built in 1966), demolished and interior burned in 1999[41]

And you're expecting the Serbs who went through that travesty to return to Albanian rule, as an autonomy, because it might inconvenience the UK/EU? I guess someone's going to be inconvenienced.

Enesia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Enesia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:06 pm

I can see that this is a very sensitive issue for both sides of the argument, and i agree that the NATO-led international force had its ups and downs but on general it was a force for good. Le us not forget that more than 200 NATO soldiers have lost their lives as part of KFOR. KFOR is gradually transferring responsibilities to the Kosovo Police and other local authorities. Currently, 28 states contribute to the KFOR, with a combined strength of more than 3,500 military and civilian personnel. The most important thing for both the Serbs and Albanians is to evade and prevent any kind of unrest(like the one that happened in 2004) and focus on economic growth, tackling corruption and moving ever closer to EU membership. As to the damaged Orthodox monasteries and grave stones most of the churches have since been rebuilt by the Government of Kosovo in cooperation with the Serbian Orthodox Church and the UN mission in Kosovo.

Dollystana
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dollystana » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:10 pm

Kosovo should be part of Albania because it is mostly Albanian.
Last edited by Dollystana on Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like warrior cats uwu and having fun
Catocratic Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic -3.38 Social -5.28
My views are basically Scandinavia, that's all you need to know
the best book series Eat sleep read warriors repeat. Warriors Wiki
Self-appointed Warrior cat of F7 overvuwu The Truth Behind Area 51 All About Me

Stats not used
If you support cats, put this in your signature.
Perikuresu wrote:All of mothers are hamsters and all of your fathers smelt like elderberries

Shofercia
Post Czar

Postby Shofercia » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:47 pm

Enesia wrote:I can see that this is a very sensitive issue for both sides of the argument, and i agree that the NATO-led international force had its ups and downs but on general it was a force for good. Le us not forget that more than 200 NATO soldiers have lost their lives as part of KFOR. KFOR is gradually transferring responsibilities to the Kosovo Police and other local authorities. Currently, 28 states contribute to the KFOR, with a combined strength of more than 3,500 military and civilian personnel. The most important thing for both the Serbs and Albanians is to evade and prevent any kind of unrest(like the one that happened in 2004) and focus on economic growth, tackling corruption and moving ever closer to EU membership. As to the damaged Orthodox monasteries and grave stones most of the churches have since been rebuilt by the Government of Kosovo in cooperation with the Serbian Orthodox Church and the UN mission in Kosovo.

Source for all this rebuilding? The safest way for everyone, if we're talking about safety and nothing else, would be to detach North Kosovo from Kosovo and give it to Serbia. As for KFOR being a force for good, that's highly debatable.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Good on the kosovo president for actually going. Might be nice to see some healing in the region.

... And no, I'm not going to address the rest of this fustercluck of a thread.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Slavakino
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Slavakino » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Asvala wrote:

Dollystana wrote:Kosovo should be part of Albania because it is mostly Albanian.

By that logic the Serbian parts of Bosnia should be handed back to Serbia.
Last edited by Slavakino on Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Military Titoist Republic of Slavakino
A great nation built on socialism, science & unity. Come visit us for a holiday
Australian-Serb attempting to finish in Chemical Engineering. Fanatic about weapons, science and history from 1720-2000.
Pro: Titosim, Firearms, WMD, Science, Industrialisation, Militarism, Nuclear, Federalism, Authoritarianism, Assad, Hololive Vtubers

Neutral: Unitary State, Religion, Conservativism, Abortion Laws, Renewable Energy, Democracy, Trump, Juche

Anti: LGBT, Green Politics, Fascism, Anarchism, Primitivism, Islam, ANTIFA, Totalitarianism, Libertarianism, Biden
Sakura Miko (Elite)
Inugami Korone (Yubi! Yubi!)
Kiryu Coco (Shitposting dragon)
Akai Haato (HAACHAMA)

Panslavicland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2015
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Panslavicland » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:19 am

Slavakino wrote:
Asvala wrote:

Dollystana wrote:Kosovo should be part of Albania because it is mostly Albanian.

By that logic the Serbian parts of Bosnia should be handed back to Serbia.

Well, they should be. But Kosovo is Serbia too, and Hashim Thaci should be tried and convicted in Belgrade.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General