NATION

PASSWORD

Why you should eat Biblical apple

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

do you eat biblical apple

yes, come to know yourself through the knowledge of good and evil
52%
no - stay in paradise as a dumb brute
19%
no because old middle eastern god say no
29%

Total votes : 149

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Region of Dwipantara wrote:
Cisairse wrote:I like apples.

I don't, they are sour and hard to deal with.

If you core & chop them, you can just eat the slices one by one.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Elsa De Arendelle
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Elsa De Arendelle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Adam and Eve were not children though. They were grown adults, and had no belly button. They had access to all the knowledge and wisdom of God. It's similar to people who are addicted to drugs have all the wisdom and knowledge of the ills of drugs but still continue to take them. It is willful sin.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Cisairse wrote:I like apples.

I don't, they are sour and hard to deal with.

Honeycrisp and Sugarbees disagree.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Adam and Eve were not children though. They were grown adults, and had no belly button. They had access to all the knowledge and wisdom of God. It's similar to people who are addicted to drugs have all the wisdom and knowledge of the ills of drugs but still continue to take them. It is willful sin.

Did they know good form evil, if not then how where they any different from children?
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:46 pm

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Adam and Eve were not children though. They were grown adults, and had no belly button. They had access to all the knowledge and wisdom of God. It's similar to people who are addicted to drugs have all the wisdom and knowledge of the ills of drugs but still continue to take them. It is willful sin.

Except no, they actually didn't.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

DarKspawnerreich
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 28, 2020
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby DarKspawnerreich » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 pm

I eat Apple. Fruits are healthy.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Everyone wants to become all powerful but they still can't create anything of value. They will die like mere mortals. Only through obedience will you have all you wanted and more permanently.

Nah. Knowledge shouldn be limited to self-declared gods. I like to bring the fire to the people. And.. i want my cut. :twisted:

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:God only has good will for us. And Adam and Eve were perfect. They were not mindless brutes. They were the greatest minds that ever lived. The best of all the genes, the highest IQ, and the greatest aesthetics. Eve was more beautiful than even Elsa from Frozen. Without God, they are nothing.

Obviously not or else he wouldn have banejected them from "his" hydroponic garden.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Region of Dwipantara wrote:I don't, they are sour and hard to deal with.

If you core & chop them, you can just eat the slices one by one.

Huh, maybe. I always bite them like they do in Disney movies (ofc I peeled the skin first)

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Knowledge and wisdom without God leads to misery and existential futility. That is the ultimate lesson God was trying to teach Adam and Eve. Today, New Age-become-your-very-own-Christ is the new religion. It is all selfish. Everyone wants to become all powerful but they still can't create anything of value. They will die like mere mortals. Only through obedience will you have all you wanted and more permanently. God only has good will for us. And Adam and Eve were perfect. They were not mindless brutes. They were the greatest minds that ever lived. The best of all the genes, the highest IQ, and the greatest aesthetics. Eve was more beautiful than even Elsa from Frozen. Without God, they are nothing.

[Citation needed]. And meanwhile Elon Musk is already preparing a launch to Mars by 2022, setting the stage for a new era of interstellar anthropocene civilization.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:The lie would be everything that Satan said to Eve, such as the idea that she would become like God and know good and evil when she ate the fruit.

It was never about "knowing yourself." It was about bringing evil and suffering into the world.

Genesis 3:22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” Genesis 3:2-3
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Nakena wrote:
Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Everyone wants to become all powerful but they still can't create anything of value. They will die like mere mortals. Only through obedience will you have all you wanted and more permanently.

Nah. Knowledge shouldn be limited to self-declared gods. I like to bring the fire to the people. And.. i want my cut. :twisted:

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:God only has good will for us. And Adam and Eve were perfect. They were not mindless brutes. They were the greatest minds that ever lived. The best of all the genes, the highest IQ, and the greatest aesthetics. Eve was more beautiful than even Elsa from Frozen. Without God, they are nothing.

Obviously not or else he wouldn have banejected them from "his" hydroponic garden.

Well that and, humans could have been immortal if they ate from the tree of life...
Just A Little though

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm

Cisairse wrote:If you core & chop them, you can just eat the slices one by one.

Huh, maybe. I always bite them like they do in Disney movies (ofc I peeled the skin first)

You can do that (You don't have to peel the skin, though, it's tasty and nutritious!) but I often find them easier to eat chopped.

Protip! Get a cup of peanut butter and dip the apple slice in it before you eat it.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:49 pm

And to the freedom of choice argument, it's not freedom of choice if you aren't given the consequences of your choice upfront.

'You can stay here with me and you'll be happy and fed or you can go through that door'
'What's through the door?'
'I'll leave this evil talking snake to explain'..

It's clearly just a children's story invented as to why children should obey their parents.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:51 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:
Genesis 3:22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” Genesis 3:2-3

God kicked them out so they would not eat from the tree of life and become gods. God himself admitted that since they ate from the tree of good and evil humans had become like gods. Also...there was not death in the garden, so how exactly are they supposed to understand hat it means to die? Your quote does not change that the snake spoke truth
Last edited by Neutraligon on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just A Little though

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:54 pm

Cisairse wrote:If you core & chop them, you can just eat the slices one by one.

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Knowledge and wisdom without God leads to misery and existential futility. That is the ultimate lesson God was trying to teach Adam and Eve. Today, New Age-become-your-very-own-Christ is the new religion. It is all selfish. Everyone wants to become all powerful but they still can't create anything of value. They will die like mere mortals. Only through obedience will you have all you wanted and more permanently. God only has good will for us. And Adam and Eve were perfect. They were not mindless brutes. They were the greatest minds that ever lived. The best of all the genes, the highest IQ, and the greatest aesthetics. Eve was more beautiful than even Elsa from Frozen. Without God, they are nothing.

[Citation needed]. And meanwhile Elon Musk is already preparing a launch to Mars by 2022, setting the stage for a new era of interstellar anthropocene civilization.

But that's literally the best part...
Last edited by New haven america on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Elsa De Arendelle
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elsa De Arendelle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Fake outer space. No one is going anywhere. Just a movie set and CGI.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Geneviev wrote:The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’” Genesis 3:2-3

God kicked them out so they would not eat from the tree of life and become gods. God himself admitted that since they ate from the tree of good and evil humans had become like gods. Also...there was not death in the garden, so how exactly are they supposed to understand hat it means to die? Your quote does not change that the snake spoke truth

They tried to become like gods, and that was their sin. That was why they could not stay in the garden. And they knew enough to want to avoid death, so I think they understood it.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:56 pm

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Fake outer space. No one is going anywhere. Just a movie set and CGI.

Your "god" is from outer space. And the Garden Eden was, if existed at all, likely some sort of space based hydroponic experimental research installation.

The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:57 pm

Geneviev wrote:They tried to become like gods, and that was their sin.

Not a sin, just part of growing up.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:58 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:God kicked them out so they would not eat from the tree of life and become gods. God himself admitted that since they ate from the tree of good and evil humans had become like gods. Also...there was not death in the garden, so how exactly are they supposed to understand hat it means to die? Your quote does not change that the snake spoke truth

They tried to become like gods, and that was their sin. That was why they could not stay in the garden. And they knew enough to want to avoid death, so I think they understood it.

And god admitted that by eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge they actually had become like gods (exactly like the snake told them they would), and kicked them out so they did not become truly immortal and so complete the process.
The only reason humans in that story died is because god did not allow them to eat the fruit of the tree of life. I wonder what would have happened if they ate that first and then from the tree of knowledge.
There is no evidence that they knew enough to want to avoid it.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Just A Little though

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:01 pm

The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban wrote:
Geneviev wrote:They tried to become like gods, and that was their sin.

Not a sin, just part of growing up.

Trying to become like a god is a sin. It's the opposite of humility and it's idolatry.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:02 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban wrote:Not a sin, just part of growing up.

Trying to become like a god is a sin. It's the opposite of humility and it's idolatry.

The point was the snake did not lie. And since Adam and Eve did not know good from evil, they had no way to know that trying to become like a god is an evil thing
Just A Little though

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:03 pm

mmmm apple.... delicious.....
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Elsa De Arendelle
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Elsa De Arendelle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:04 pm

"There is no evidence that they knew enough to want to avoid it."

Notice God never telling Eve that you are not allowed to touch it, yet Eve added extra words to God's instructions. Eve's IQ is probably higher than Albert Einstein's, so she knows exactly what the repercussions would be - something really bad.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:"There is no evidence that they knew enough to want to avoid it."

Notice God never telling Eve that you are not allowed to touch it, yet Eve added extra words to God's instructions. Eve's IQ is probably higher than Albert Einstein's, so she knows exactly what the repercussions would be - something really bad.

Yes she was smart and cunning. Much like her predecessor who also got banejected for albeit different reason.

The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 pm

Geneviev wrote:Trying to become like a god is a sin. It's the opposite of humility and it's idolatry.

I had no idea you thought so highly of idolatry, perhaps there is merit to it after all.
I've always considered Taghut a title of virtue.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General