NATION

PASSWORD

Why you should eat Biblical apple

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

do you eat biblical apple

yes, come to know yourself through the knowledge of good and evil
52%
no - stay in paradise as a dumb brute
19%
no because old middle eastern god say no
29%

Total votes : 149

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:21 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
La xinga wrote:So gratitude!

Doesn't seem like a reason to show respect AND love,

No, going back to get more food does not involve any gratitude. First show they are feeling love. Second, seems like a good reason to show those two, also because they where raised by humans, at least from the article. Like I said, your feel good story does not show any evidence that animals actually feel gratitude, and your emotional appeal also does not show any evidence they feel gratitude.
Again, what are they feeling by the food then?

Slightly Social? Animal barely alive, not accustomed to living in the wild, yet social?
Food Discussion Thread (II)
I use NS stats if I like them.

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:20 am

Neutraligon wrote:
La xinga wrote: Why else would they be showing respect and love?

Because they are feeding him/her and they are slightly social.

When someone give food etc. it isn't always means, that it is made with good intentions. Some can smile to prisoner, treat with luxuries and make some kind of penalties, tortures of any kind, even small almost not noticeable, so no one from outside can see how much harm someone do. Someone can show fake respect and false love to gain something from victim. It can be anything. Maybe just watching like victim struggle with that kind of unwanted and "fake care". Or "parents" can make wars between them, engaging own child to be subject, treating that child as a toy, manipulate by sweets, false protection, etc. and show that kind of "evidences", to world, court, others, that child is treated in all respect and love" - but not love and respect and love are true intention behind it. And child is just child. Can't do anything, can't escape, can't be free and live in normal, not toxic family, not toxic society and world. And anything that child really want doesn't matter to that kind of being.

It's like https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GildedCage

So no - simple giving food, shelter, smiles etc. isn't always real and good, if it isn't good.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:36 am

VVerkia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Because they are feeding him/her and they are slightly social.

When someone give food etc. it isn't always means, that it is made with good intentions. Some can smile to prisoner, treat with luxuries and make some kind of penalties, tortures of any kind, even small almost not noticeable, so no one from outside can see how much harm someone do. Someone can show fake respect and false love to gain something from victim. It can be anything. Maybe just watching like victim struggle with that kind of unwanted and "fake care". Or "parents" can make wars between them, engaging own child to be subject, treating that child as a toy, manipulate by sweets, false protection, etc. and show that kind of "evidences", to world, court, others, that child is treated in all respect and love" - but not love and respect and love are true intention behind it. And child is just child. Can't do anything, can't escape, can't be free and live in normal, not toxic family, not toxic society and world. And anything that child really want doesn't matter to that kind of being.

I really wish you could speak better English. Because that^^^ says so much about how some parents treat their children, and of course they shouldn't. And how some people treat their pets, and of course they shouldn't.0

I think it's good that couples get a dog or some other pet, before they have children. Mockingly called a "furbaby" or some such. It's good that the members of the couple test each other, for ability to discipline their furbaby, and appropriately reward their furbaby, and develop a workable 'division of labour' before taking the big step of having a child together.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:59 am

Honestly, i don't like "reward&punish" system

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:07 am

La xinga wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:It was given food when it was saved. It keeps returning because of that. No gratitude needed.

I tihnk being saved is more important than getting given food.

I am feeding the birds in my garden, never had to "save" them. they keep returing and using the bird bath. I have Crows. Magpies, finches etc. They like peanutbutter, seeds, jam (the jelly kind), cheese and mealworms. they don't like apples, tangerines, grapes tho.

If there is no food available they will sit on a branch looking in... thus telling me to put the spead out.
Last edited by Thepeopl on Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:26 am

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:I tihnk being saved is more important than getting given food.

I am feeding the birds in my garden, never had to "save" them. they keep returing and using the bird bath. I have Crows. Magpies, finches etc. They like peanutbutter, seeds, jam (the jelly kind), cheese and mealworms. they don't like apples, tangerines, grapes tho.

If there is no food available they will sit on a branch looking in... thus telling me to put the spead out.

Get a cat.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:30 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:

Get a cat.

i already have. it will drink out of the bird bath after the birds have been washing in it... i think my cat is on a diet.
Last edited by Thepeopl on Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:35 am

Thepeopl wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Get a cat.

i already have. it will drink out of the brid bath after the birds have been washing in it... i think my cat is on a diet.

Must be, bird flavored water is the latest cat diet craze.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:I tihnk being saved is more important than getting given food.

:eyebrow:

Of course, but saving comes before food, even for animals if they know!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"[L]aw, without equity, though hard and disagreeable, is much more desirable for the public good, than equity without law;
which would make every judge a legislator, and introduce most infinite confusion.
"

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:22 am

VVerkia wrote:Honestly, i don't like "reward&punish" system

Yeah the constant "do exactly as I say or suffer" part I dislike hugely.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm

La xinga wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:

:eyebrow:

No it doesn't. Mice will eat poison or try to steal the food inside a mouse trap.
And no the birds aren't grateful.
My cat left me for a while because the neighbour was without toddlers.
Now that my toddler is preschool child, the cat deigns to visit us for grooming and snacks. And a warm lap. We, slaves should rejoice in the attentions they lavish upon us.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:28 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote: :eyebrow:

No it doesn't. Mice will eat poison or try to steal the food inside a mouse trap.
Now that my toddler is preschool child, the cat deigns to visit us for grooming and snacks. And a warm lap. We, slaves should rejoice in the attentions they lavish upon us.

I don't think mice realize........
They're BIRDS! :lol2: :rofl: :D :lol:
What about cats and toddlers? The cat left? It just somehow knew that your neighbor didn't have toddlers and walked straight in? I'm very confused!

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:35 pm

La xinga wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:No it doesn't. Mice will eat poison or try to steal the food inside a mouse trap.

I don't think mice realize........
What about cats and toddlers? The cat left? It just somehow knew that your neighbor didn't have toddlers and walked straight in? I'm very confused!

Yep, my cat jumps/ climbs over the fence to the neighbours house. The cat actually tried to colonize several other houses in the street that I know of... the neighbour and I are the only ones who actually welcomed the cat. But it has been in 5 houses in our street. It is a very friendly cat for himanz. We have strict rules about who feeds the cat when...

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:40 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:I don't think mice realize........

Yep, my cat jumps/ climbs over the fence to the neighbours house. The cat actually tried to colonize several other houses in the street that I know of... the neighbour and I are the only ones who actually welcomed the cat. But it has been in 5 houses in our street. It is a very friendly cat for himanz. We have strict rules about who feeds the cat when...

How did people not welcome the cat?

More, how do you not welcome a cat?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:53 pm

La xinga wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:Yep, my cat jumps/ climbs over the fence to the neighbours house. The cat actually tried to colonize several other houses in the street that I know of... the neighbour and I are the only ones who actually welcomed the cat. But it has been in 5 houses in our street. It is a very friendly cat for himanz. We have strict rules about who feeds the cat when...

How did people not welcome the cat?

By owning a cat, by owning a dog, by owning a baby/ toddler. And by spraying water on the cat. Because the humans don't like to get cat poo on their hands when gardening.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:00 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:How did people not welcome the cat?

By owning a cat, by owning a dog, by owning a baby/ toddler. And by spraying water on the cat. Because the humans don't like to get cat poo on their hands when gardening.

About that cat, the cat sensed the neighbor had no toddlers?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:13 pm

La xinga wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:By owning a cat, by owning a dog, by owning a baby/ toddler. And by spraying water on the cat. Because the humans don't like to get cat poo on their hands when gardening.

About that cat, the cat sensed the neighbor had no toddlers?

It watched from the fence, saw its chance when the neighbours dog died. Then it walked in. And confirmed the were no toddlers, cats or dogs inside either.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:About that cat, the cat sensed the neighbor had no toddlers?

It watched from the fence, saw its chance when the neighbours dog died. Then it walked in. And confirmed the were no toddlers, cats or dogs inside either.

How did it just "walk in?" :blink:

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:27 pm

La xinga wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:It watched from the fence, saw its chance when the neighbours dog died. Then it walked in. And confirmed the were no toddlers, cats or dogs inside either.

How did it just "walk in?" :blink:

The neighbours have a cat door. But any open window is an invitation to a cat. And when you open a door, that is an invitation as well. Like when the children are going to play with the other children in the neighbourhood, they will enter the house when a door opens.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:31 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:How did it just "walk in?" :blink:

The neighbours have a cat door. But any open window is an invitation to a cat. And when you open a door, that is an invitation as well. Like when the children are going to play with the other children in the neighbourhood, they will enter the house when a door opens.

If the dog died, how come they had a cat door?

-My RMB Quotebook!-
-When the SCOTUS is sus-
"

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:34 pm

Thepeopl wrote:
La xinga wrote:How did it just "walk in?" :blink:

I wasn't that kind of child. I don't like to be uninvited guest or something and i rarely goes to other peoples houses. Most time i spent in my parents house or in tent under sky. In that way i minimize bothering others by me.

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:29 pm

VVerkia wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:The neighbours have a cat door. But any open window is an invitation to a cat. And when you open a door, that is an invitation as well. Like when the children are going to play with the other children in the neighbourhood, they will enter the house when a door opens.

I wasn't that kind of child. I don't like to be uninvited guest or something and i rarely goes to other peoples houses. Most time i spent in my parents house or in tent under sky. In that way i minimize bothering others by me.

But children are invited by the other children. So no uninvitedness.
To a cat, any open window/ door is an invitation to enter.
Not saying one should behave like a cat, just explaining.

But this hasn't anything to do with the : why would/wouldn't you eat the fruit of knowledge, so /thread.

Thepeopl
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:07 am

The "Parable of the Talents", in Matthew 25:14–30 tells of a master who was leaving his house to travel, and, before leaving, entrusted his property to his servants. ... The property entrusted to the three servants was worth 8 talents, where a talent was a significant amount of money.

Upon return, the servant who actually did something with the money and made it grow, were rewarded. The servant who didn't take a risk and kept the money safely stored in the ground, was punished.
Because god wants us to use what was given to us.
He gave us free will, thus eat the fruit.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:19 am

Thepeopl wrote:The "Parable of the Talents", in Matthew 25:14–30 tells of a master who was leaving his house to travel, and, before leaving, entrusted his property to his servants. ... The property entrusted to the three servants was worth 8 talents, where a talent was a significant amount of money.

Upon return, the servant who actually did something with the money and made it grow, were rewarded. The servant who didn't take a risk and kept the money safely stored in the ground, was punished.

Which is grossly unfair on the face of it, but actually worse since the master didn't give equal amounts to all the servants. The one given least because his abilities were least, was the one punished. It's reifying the injustice of capitalism ... but hey it's just a parable.

If god wanted that in the case of the apple, he wouldn't have said plain terms not to eat it. It wasn't "given" it was denied.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:47 am

Thepeopl wrote:The "Parable of the Talents", in Matthew 25:14–30 tells of a master who was leaving his house to travel, and, before leaving, entrusted his property to his servants. ... The property entrusted to the three servants was worth 8 talents, where a talent was a significant amount of money.

I feel, that i don't have "talents". I do some thing good, some thing bad. I don't wait and don't want reward or punish. Just want don't exist after all. I don't like how "reality" is working.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General