NATION

PASSWORD

Why you should eat Biblical apple

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

do you eat biblical apple

yes, come to know yourself through the knowledge of good and evil
52%
no - stay in paradise as a dumb brute
19%
no because old middle eastern god say no
29%

Total votes : 149

The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban
Secretary

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Why you should eat Biblical apple

Postby The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:50 pm

In this thread I will argue why you should eat Biblical apple, and then you can also argue.
You like arguing. I like making dumb thread on rare occasion.
My argument will be semi rational and semi poetical.

I consider the desire for the apple of the knowledge of good and evil - self-knowledge - to be the highest integrity over and above all tyrants. I consider the desire for this apple - that is, the seld-knowledge of good and evil - to be at the core of Eve's being - if not at the core of consciousness. Perhaps she does not choose to consume the apple with full consciousness but she nonetheless does so at the first inkling, with scarce hesitation or vacillation. We, as good Christians, must follow the moral example of the Bible, and remember the old exemplar that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. That is, the knowledge of good and evil keeps the doctor away, and namely, the evils of impotence that poison the noble soul with various insipid commandments

While there are of course steps that can be taken intermediary to desire I would argue that the purest and highest desire, becoming as a virtue, is realized if not pursued ab initio out of the person's own character - and is correspondingly the highest kind of character. To find one's desire - any desire - at a late date in old age is not so high a virtue as to find it sooner than later - to at least pursue it, true to one's self. To know oneself is the highest virtue, and real knowledge is know-how, pursued in the fulfillment of it's desire. Eve desires the knowledge of good and evil, to be as a god - and pursues it at the first inkling. She is our first mother of highest integrity, our ignored mother, of self-knowledge above the narrow parochialisms of constrained moralities and idiot codes.
Last edited by The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban on Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Oh yes I foresee this thread being VERY productive.

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:00 pm

Sounds more like a Forum 7 thread.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:02 pm

Eat all the apples.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:18 pm

It's basically a children's warning tale isn't it, 'Daddy told you not to do something, don't do it or you will be punished, have I told you the story of Adam and Eve?'

Otherwise, literally, it makes no sense whatsoever - God puts an apple - it's never specified as an apple is it but let's go with it - for no reason at all in a garden, tells Adam and Eve not to eat it and then lets a talking fucking snake to go in and convince Eve to eat the apple.. it's ridiculous.. it's like if I put a poisonous snake in my kid's room, told them not to play with the snake, went off to have some tea and watch TV and came back to find a dead child.

'Well it was their fault your honour, I plainly told them not to play with the snake'.

However, to the OP, yes, eat the apple already.
Last edited by Bombadil on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:20 pm

Wasnt there a second one that would grand immortality?

Eitherways eat em all, then arm, and storm the command center/bridge.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:21 pm

Nakena wrote:Wasnt there a second one that would grand immortality?

Eitherways eat em all, then arm, and storm the command center/bridge.

They were already immortal no, that was one of their punishments, mortality, along with being cast out, enduring childbirth..

..meanwhile the snake 'you shall crawl on your belly..'
'But I'm a snake.. oh right, yes, oh woe is me.. damn you god..', before slithering away.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:22 pm

Bombadil wrote:Otherwise, literally, it makes no sense whatsoever - God puts an apple - it's never specified as an apple is it but let's go with it - for no reason at all in a garden, tells Adam and Eve not to eat it and then lets a talking fucking snake to go in and convince Eve to eat the apple.. it's ridiculous.. it's like if I put a poisonous snake in my kid's room, told them not to play with the snake, went off to have some tea and watch TV and came back to find a dead child.

I consider it an example of bad hospitality, in which you give all manner of charity to a guest, except knowledge of good and evil that would make them like the gods. You know what they say about teaching a man to fish.

Nakena
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Also the Golden and Sacred Apple is the Holy Symbol of Discordianism.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:24 pm

I think the OP is saying that disobeying God and bringing evil into the world because you believe a lie is a good thing. I hope I misunderstood it.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:29 pm

Geneviev wrote:I think the OP is saying that disobeying God and bringing evil into the world because you believe a lie is a good thing. I hope I misunderstood it.

No, I think it's that putting two innocents in the face of temptation and then sending a cunning talking snake to convince them otherwise and then punishing them horrendously for eternity is an evil thing to do and, frankly, better to be self-aware and gain knowledge than be a puppet of such a vicious being.

十年

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:31 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I think the OP is saying that disobeying God and bringing evil into the world because you believe a lie is a good thing. I hope I misunderstood it.

No, I think it's that putting two innocents in the face of temptation and then sending a cunning talking snake to convince them otherwise and then punishing them horrendously for eternity is an evil thing to do and, frankly, better to be self-aware and gain knowledge than be a puppet of such a vicious being.

Well that and...how where they supposed to know there was something wrong with not obeying dad, and that death is a bad thing.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:32 pm

Bombadil wrote:

I'm not sure that was what the OP meant. And luckily, that's not what actually happened in the Bible.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:33 pm

I voted yes because apples are tasty. Although I think the actual forbidden fruit was supposed to be something else.

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Where is the lie? People who don't know themselves are slaved; self-knowledge includes knowledge of so-called evil, even if one doesn't practice evil.
I would bet that people who know themselves are more successful in life.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:38 pm

The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban wrote:

Where is the lie? People who don't know themselves are slaved; self-knowledge includes knowledge of so-called evil, even if one doesn't practice evil.

The lie would be everything that Satan said to Eve, such as the idea that she would become like God and know good and evil when she ate the fruit.

It was never about "knowing yourself." It was about bringing evil and suffering into the world.

Elsa De Arendelle
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Elsa De Arendelle » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 pm

Knowledge and wisdom without God leads to misery and existential futility. That is the ultimate lesson God was trying to teach Adam and Eve. Today, New Age-become-your-very-own-Christ is the new religion. It is all selfish. Everyone wants to become all powerful but they still can't create anything of value. They will die like mere mortals. Only through obedience will you have all you wanted and more permanently. God only has good will for us. And Adam and Eve were perfect. They were not mindless brutes. They were the greatest minds that ever lived. The best of all the genes, the highest IQ, and the greatest aesthetics. Eve was more beautiful than even Elsa from Frozen. Without God, they are nothing.
Last edited by Elsa De Arendelle on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:39 pm

I dunno man, without the apple, we'll just live in a life of static decadent stagnation. Meanwhile, here mankind have created innovation! And arts! And scientific knowledge, and the pursuit of it! And culture! And Elon Musk launching people to space!
Last edited by Region of Dwipantara on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☪︎ Province No. 14 of the Islamic Khilafah – 14 الخلافة الإسلامية منطقة‎ ☪︎
Home | Government | Policy | Contact

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban wrote:Where is the lie? People who don't know themselves are slaved; self-knowledge includes knowledge of so-called evil, even if one doesn't practice evil.

The lie would be everything that Satan said to Eve, such as the idea that she would become like God and know good and evil when she ate the fruit.

It was never about "knowing yourself." It was about bringing evil and suffering into the world.

Genesis 3:22 Now the Lord God said, "Behold man has become like one of us, having the ability of knowing good and evil, and now, lest he stretch forth his hand and take also from the Tree of Life and eat and live forever."
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

The Twilight Embassy
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twilight Embassy » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm

tbh i gotta be in a very specific mood and mindset to want an apple. Sorry, but I'mma have to pass this round, mr. danger noodle from a land down under.
Factbook | AMA/Q&A | Embassy Program | NS Stats/Policies Used Selectively |
This nation is neither dystopian nor utopian; rather, a mix between idealist policy-making with ruthlessly-pragmatic enforcement thereof. "The Order of H Light" is an alt account of mine that plays out as a more straightforward dystopia/false utopia.

However, my IRL political views are admittedly very weird and may intersect with this nation in more ways/less ways then I care to admit.

At War with The Order of Hateful Light.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

I'm not sure that was what the OP meant. And luckily, that's not what actually happened in the Bible.

It's the same as putting a poisonous snake in your kids room, telling them not to play with it without even explaining the consequences, and then coming back later to find two dead kids.

What a wonderful father, what a great lesson..

十年

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 pm

I like apples.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:42 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Well that and...how where they supposed to know there was something wrong with not obeying dad, and that death is a bad thing.

Isn't it like putting a loaded gun next to a 3 y/o baby, and then said "Do NOT put it in your mouth then press this"? Great parenting 101.

This sig is hacked by the FABULOUS #y0uNG_fOX3S. ¡RESTORE THE REPUBLIC, DESTROY THE KHILAFAH! Join the Alliance and the Fox today and we will Make Dwipantara Merdeka Again! ^OWO^
1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03
 RADIO FREE SOUTHEAST ASIA | Charta Politica February polling: Pro-Khilafah  35.6% (PKI 28.7%, SI 6.9%); Pro-Republiken 64.4% (PAN 7.4%, PKB 13.2%, PRD 5.8%, PDDP 37.9%)

Today's featured | Do not listen to the flat-earthers imperialists, read the TRUE factbooks of our province here, exclusive on the Cakrawala Fox-Site

Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Magocracy of Galazkaban » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:43 pm

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Knowledge and wisdom without God leads to misery and existential futility.

I am God, though I also leave offerings to a Greek god.

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Today, New Age-become-your-very=own-Christ is the new religion. It is all selfish.

You should take care of yourself, probably better at it than taking care of someone else.

Elsa De Arendelle wrote:Everyone wants to become all powerful but they still can't create anything of value.

Well I guess that depends whether you enjoy art

Region of Dwipantara
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Region of Dwipantara » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:44 pm

Cisairse wrote:I like apples.

I don't, they are sour and hard to deal with.

1418-DZQ-02/1998-MAR-03

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General