NATION

PASSWORD

World War Tea

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Imperium Polskie
Secretary

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Polskie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:14 am

i enjoy tea with cinnamon, cardamum, and fennel seeds.
Oh, and milk. I love milk in my tea.
I do love me a frapuccino though
Last edited by Imperium Polskie on Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Imperium polskie does not show my actual beliefs.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 am

Esternial wrote:
Somerania wrote:I have seen the creation of that abomination on YouTube
https://youtu.be/mZn5dUQJ810

Petition for the Mods to ban any links to this video from this moment onward.

Stop watching this brother. We must fight the MPLA

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:15 am

Imperium Polskie wrote:i enjoy tea with cinnamon, cardamum, and fennel seeds.

...like, how much milk?

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:17 am

As an American, I like to put tea in my sugar
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:18 am

So masala tea (spice tea)

Imperium Polskie
Secretary

Founded: Oct 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperium Polskie » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:19 am

Esternial wrote:

...like, how much milk?

when i was younger i used to put in mostly milk
nowadays i put in about a quarter of a cup of milk.
also, it has to be whole milk.
Imperium polskie does not show my actual beliefs.

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:21 am

Imperium Polskie wrote:
Esternial wrote:...like, how much milk?

I've never had milk in tea.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:21 am

Imperium Polskie wrote:
Esternial wrote:...like, how much milk?

How about we boil milk instead of water?

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:22 am

Joohan wrote:
Imperium Polskie wrote:when i was younger i used to put in mostly milk

I've never had milk in tea.

I sometimes use it in black tea when I've accidentally let it steep too long.

Mostrov
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2009

Postby Mostrov » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 am

Last edited by Mostrov on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:44 am

I love Oolong time.
Everything is intertwinkled

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:54 am

How to make a proper* cup of tea in 10 easy steps. Biscuits/Cookies/Cake/Chocolate optional (but recommended) on the side. It's worth it.

1. Boil the water in a kettle
  2. Place your English Breakfast teabag (ideally Tetley, PG Tips or Yorkshire brands, something with a bit of strength) in the cup
  3. When the water boils, fill around 80-90% of the easily drinkable volume of the cup with the water
  4. Leave for 2 minutes
  5. Add low fat milk, cold from the fridge, to the cup until it's the colour you want
  6. Use a teaspoon to crush the teabag on the inside of the rim of the cup, to get rid of excess liquid, and save drippage when putting the teabag in the bin/compost
  7. If you have a fancy drawstring-type teabag, use this instead as a retrieval and trash delivery system
  8. Wait a reasonable amount of time for the tea to cool (If you are a teacher or a builder, this time may be up to 2 hours)
  9. Sip your tea
  10. Say "Ahhh' and relax a bit
* for a given value of proper
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:59 am

Starblaydia wrote:How to make a proper* cup of tea in 10 easy steps. Biscuits/Cookies/Cake/Chocolate optional (but recommended) on the side. It's worth it.

2. Place your English Breakfast teabag (ideally Tetley, PG Tips or Yorkshire brands, something with a bit of strength) in the cup
  3. When the water boils, fill around 80-90% of the easily drinkable volume of the cup with the water
  4. Leave for 2 minutes
  5. Add low fat milk, cold from the fridge, to the cup until it's the colour you want
  6. Use a teaspoon to crush the teabag on the inside of the rim of the cup, to get rid of excess liquid, and save drippage when putting the teabag in the bin/compost
  7. If you have a fancy drawstring-type teabag, use this instead as a retrieval and trash delivery system
  8. Wait a reasonable amount of time for the tea to cool (If you are a teacher or a builder, this time may be up to 2 hours)
  9. Sip your tea

What if I use loose leaf tea also you forgot about the biscuits

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:02 am

Starblaydia wrote:How to make a proper* cup of tea in 10 easy steps. Biscuits/Cookies/Cake/Chocolate optional (but recommended) on the side. It's worth it.

4. Leave for 2 minutes
  9. Sip your tea

Hmm...

What's your opinion on using boiling water vs. near-boiling water?

I always try to stop the heating before it actually boils.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:05 am

Somerania wrote:

What if I use loose leaf tea also you forgot about the biscuits

Appropriate biscuits are wayyyyy too complicated for a 10 step guide. Use your own taste and judgement. Just make sure they have the structural integrity to survive a lengthy dunk in the tea without falling in.

For loose-leaf, just have whatever the sieve-like contraption you're holding it in substitute for a bag.

Esternial wrote:

Hmm...

I always have it just boiled. If I boiled the kettle more than five minutes before and forgot about it, I'll put it on again.
Last edited by Starblaydia on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:06 am

4. Leave for 2 minutes
  9. Sip your tea

6 before 5

When I was young and poor I sometimes ran out of teabags and had to recycle a couple of used ones.
From this I got into the habit of (squeezing out and) removing the teabag BEFORE adding milk
Otherwise the old teabag goes a bit rancid and isn't good to be re-used.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:08 am

4. Leave for 2 minutes
  9. Sip your tea

How much tea to milk ratio do you use on your tea?

Also i believe the proper biscuit to use during tea time would be the Marie Regal biscuits, The swedish cookies that looks like pretzels, and the elusive danish cookies that is stored in the knitting container
Last edited by The Pearl River on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:12 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

6 before 5

When I was young and poor I sometimes ran out of teabags and had to recycle a couple of used ones.
From this I got into the habit of (squeezing out and) removing the teabag BEFORE adding milk

Ah, understandable. I have the bag removal after the milk just in case you add a splash too much, and you can desperately leave the bag in to try and stew it and strengthen it up to compensate. Given that making a cuppa is the first thing I do in the morning, motor functions aren't always up to scratch.

The Pearl River wrote:

Eyeballing it, about 10% of the overall cup should be milk, after an appropriate stew time.

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:13 am

Starblaydia wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
6 before 5

Ah, understandable. I have the bag removal after the milk just in case you add a splash too much, and you can desperately leave the bag in to try and stew it and strengthen it up to compensate. Given that making a cuppa is the first thing I do in the morning, motor functions aren't always up to scratch.

The Pearl River wrote:

Eyeballing it, about 10% of the overall cup should be milk, after an appropriate stew time.

For me it's normally about 25% (I also eyeball it)

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:20 am

Somerania wrote:For me it's normally about 25% (I also eyeball it)

Isn't that too cold?

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:22 am

Somerania
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Somerania » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:22 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Somerania wrote:For me it's normally about 25% (I also eyeball it)

Isn't that too cold?

That's why I add it during the boiling process right after I add all the ingredients I leave milk for last
Last edited by Somerania on Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:23 am

Esternial wrote:

4. Leave for 2 minutes
  9. Sip your tea

Hmm...

Black tea you want the water boiling, green tea you want the water at about 70 C so either stop it before boiling or let it boil and then wait five minutes.
Everything is intertwinkled

The Pearl River
Envoy

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pearl River » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:24 am

Starblaydia wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
6 before 5

The Pearl River wrote:

do people in the UK add sugar to their tea or are the milk sweet enough to replace the sugar?

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Esternial wrote:Hmm...

Black tea you want the water boiling, green tea you want the water at about 70 C so either stop it before boiling or let it boil and then wait five minutes.

Ah. This would be why I always find green tea foul and bitter. Thanks for the tip!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General