NATION

PASSWORD

Marxism

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
South Odreria 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Odreria 2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Gotta stick with Marxism as non-Marxist “leftists” are by and large pretty useless.

Marx was for the most part right about how the economy works.
Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Centrist Marxist, according to LeftValues
Serial post deleter

User avatar
Kubra
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12802
Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:06 pm

Zottistan wrote:
Joohan wrote:
Yes you've outlined the reason why they tactically failed. Someone tried pointing to the commune as a success... but it was destroyed in like 2 months.

I mean a revolutionary movement being put down by superior pressure from an outside power hardly amounts to a failure of the ideas of that revolutionary movement itself. It's incidental. The commune didn't fail of its own accord, as one might argue about the Soviet Union or China.
Tbf it had a golden opportunity to take out the Versailles government but they absolutely bungled their offensive, like embarrassingly.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
-Comrade Posadas

User avatar
Duvniask
Senator
 
Posts: 4282
Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Duvniask wrote:It's the same old bitching about "cultural Marxism", reformulated anew.


Nah.
It's the same thing as the alt-right in terms of tactics, just for different ends.


Example:

A while back some Bluecheck crypto-Marxist asked Notch if he was willing to say "Fuck fascists".

Notch replied; "Fuck Communists And Fascists.".

Bluecheck crypto-Marxists absolutely lost their shit.

Hence:

The thing is only communists and those influenced by their idpol gaslighting techniques will think this is a big deal. He's essentially thrown out a statement akin to;

"Could you say fuck communism please?"

"Fuck communism and nazism"

And twitter erupts with a bunch of sieg heiling nutjobs apopleptic that he could dare do such a thing while normies are like; "Wow. Look, all the freaks are sieg heiling and saying how the holocaust has been greatly exagerrated".

By saying "Fuck commies" too, the people freaking out are outing themselves as crypto-marxists who normal people shouldn't take seriously and should understand are trying to infiltrate societal institutions.

It's like if he said "Fuck Nazis and Pedophiles" and the Epstein crew flipped their lid over it. If he added "Fuck Nazis and Pedophiles" would there be this outrage?No. Because the people outraged over it are crypto-communists only pretending to make sincere arguments about how "He can't just focus on Nazis" when their real beef is with the fact he's shittalking their shitty ideology. But they can't openly defend it because they are crypto, so they resort to bad faith arguments and gaslighting techniques instead. They've done it for years now if you pay attention. Same behavior the far-right does with their crypto bollocks, except with the crypto-marxists its usually media and education that they've overrun as opposed to law enforcement.


If a Nazi comes up to you and asks you to denounce communism, would you do it without pointing out the dude is a Nazi just because they asked nicely?

Once you realize crypto-Marxists are actually about as common as crypto-fascists, you'll begin noticing who they are and how they are often responsible for a lot of the division and problems in modern society.

Hurr durr, when I switch the words around you don't like it.

This is phenomenally, mind-meltingly stupid. Your entire line of spiel rests on the assumption that being a communist is equally as bad as being a Nazi. That's the only way your hypothetical reverse scenario would even be comparable to what actually went down.

Even more hysterical would be Notch saying "Fuck fascism and Liberalism". If people started losing their shit because Notch appeared to suggest liberal ideology was on par with fascism, then you'd be out there calling everyone crypto-liberals too, because they dare be provoked by such an absurd implication. As if you'd then go: "WELL WHAT IF A NAZI ASKED YOU TO DISMISS LIBERALISM, HUH, WOULD YOU THEN NOT COMMENT ON HIM BEING A NAZI?" No, because as it turns out, just switching the situation around doesn't make it equivalent.

It's really childish of you. Stop it.
Last edited by Duvniask on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supporting anTIFA.

Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
Danish | Political science student | Left communist
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.

User avatar
Major-Tom
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11339
Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Major-Tom » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:17 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:Gotta have to stick with Marxism as non-Marxist “leftists” are by and large pretty useless.

Marx was for the most part right about how the economy works.


Leftist infighting is a hell of a drug.
White Trash Hipster- Overly Proud Arizonan - Swimmer - Hiker - Powered by Caffeine and Nicotine
Who is Tom?
Other Pertinent Factbooks
Pro: Social Democracy, Labour Unions, Progressivism, Liberalism, Gun Rights, Environmentalism, Civil Liberties; TLDR, broadly Centre-Left(ish)

User avatar
Dominioan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 433
Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Dominioan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:25 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Dominioan wrote:After WW2 was the closest we got to being the middle system, but the Cold War (and Reaganism) destroyed all the progress we made.

After WW2 we coopted a lot of socdem policies but America was never even remotely close to abandoning capitalism.

Well yeah that's the point. In my opinion, the best system is a regulated capitalist system (Scandinavian welfare state), and that was the closest we got. Maybe not close, but closesest.
An introvert(?). See, I have no "acquaintances", but I have a small group of close friends I made when I was young and didn't know what embarrassment was. Straight, cis, and a proud Okie (in spirt, anyway).
I play gaemz.
I looked at an airplane and it exploded because im so ugly
Minskiev wrote:Russo-Nordic Union? I am not pleased. SWEDEN SWEDEN SWEDEN

☆ ☆ ☆ The Russo-Nordic Union of Dominioan ☆ ☆ ☆
So what if our flag is like the Russian Empire, we're a Nordic country!

"Succdem" I guess
IS HE LIVE OR DEAD, HAS HE THOUGHTS WITHIN HIS HEAD?
-"Iron Man", Black Sabbath
My feeble debating attempts in General are just ignored now =/

User avatar
Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 54186
Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:30 pm

Duvniask wrote:

Nah.
It's the same thing as the alt-right in terms of tactics, just for different ends.


Example:

A while back some Bluecheck crypto-Marxist asked Notch if he was willing to say "Fuck fascists".

Notch replied; "Fuck Communists And Fascists.".

Bluecheck crypto-Marxists absolutely lost their shit.

Hence:



If a Nazi comes up to you and asks you to denounce communism, would you do it without pointing out the dude is a Nazi just because they asked nicely?

Once you realize crypto-Marxists are actually about as common as crypto-fascists, you'll begin noticing who they are and how they are often responsible for a lot of the division and problems in modern society.

Hurr durr, when I switch the words around you don't like it.

This is phenomenally, mind-meltingly stupid. Your entire line of spiel rests on the assumption that being a communist is equally as bad as being a Nazi. That's the only way your hypothetical reverse scenario would even be comparable to what actually went down.

Even more hysterical would be Notch saying "Fuck fascism and Liberalism". If people started losing their shit because Notch appeared to suggest liberal ideology was on par with fascism, then you'd be out there calling everyone crypto-liberals too, because they dare be provoked by such an absurd implication. As if you'd then go: "WELL WHAT IF A NAZI ASKED YOU TO DISMISS LIBERALISM, HUH, WOULD YOU THEN NOT COMMENT ON HIM BEING A NAZI?" No, because as it turns out, just switching the situation around doesn't make it equivalent.

It's really childish of you. Stop it.



If Notch said "Fuck fascism and liberalism" I think many people would interpret that as an improvement on the standalone "Fuck fascism" for alluding to the fact liberalism is destructive and dangerous in a more surrepticious way that is often overlooked.

Similarly, "Fuck fascism and communism" addresses how communists are destructive and dangerous in a way that is often overlooked by a particular crowd.

Also, you're a communist.

ofcourse you're outraged by the comparison.

I guess I'd say it's like "Do you think White Lives Matter notch?"

"Yes, white lives matter, also black lives matter."

*immediate hysterics.*.

Everyone other than fascists is aware fascists suck. The danger of crypto-communists is overlooked.
Last edited by Ostroeuropa on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The plague has been worse for women.
It's true that more men are dying from COVID, but that's not exactly a cause for celebration.
https://i.redd.it/oqy5p3p1ayv41.png

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8346
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:31 pm

Dominioan wrote:
Cisairse wrote:After WW2 we coopted a lot of socdem policies but America was never even remotely close to abandoning capitalism.

Well yeah that's the point. In my opinion, the best system is a regulated capitalist system (Scandinavian welfare state), and that was the closest we got. Maybe not close, but closesest.

I don't think this is really a linear scale, like you're implying it is. Nordic corporatism isn't just "regulated capitalism," it's a political-economic system that's rather unique. Even "mixed economies" (which is a fancy term for a free market with a large public sector) is very different from corporatism.
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
South Odreria 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Odreria 2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:32 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Gotta have to stick with Marxism as non-Marxist “leftists” are by and large pretty useless.

Marx was for the most part right about how the economy works.


Leftist infighting is a hell of a drug.

Is it really infighting if one group of people actually goes out and tries to accomplish stuff and another group sits around and calls them tankies?

Anti-marxist “leftist” people are overwhelmingly armchair revolutionaries.
Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Centrist Marxist, according to LeftValues
Serial post deleter

User avatar
Duvniask
Senator
 
Posts: 4282
Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:56 pm

Ostroeuropa wrote:
Duvniask wrote:Hurr durr, when I switch the words around you don't like it.

This is phenomenally, mind-meltingly stupid. Your entire line of spiel rests on the assumption that being a communist is equally as bad as being a Nazi. That's the only way your hypothetical reverse scenario would even be comparable to what actually went down.

Even more hysterical would be Notch saying "Fuck fascism and Liberalism". If people started losing their shit because Notch appeared to suggest liberal ideology was on par with fascism, then you'd be out there calling everyone crypto-liberals too, because they dare be provoked by such an absurd implication. As if you'd then go: "WELL WHAT IF A NAZI ASKED YOU TO DISMISS LIBERALISM, HUH, WOULD YOU THEN NOT COMMENT ON HIM BEING A NAZI?" No, because as it turns out, just switching the situation around doesn't make it equivalent.

It's really childish of you. Stop it.



If Notch said "Fuck fascism and liberalism" I think many people would interpret that as an improvement on the standalone "Fuck fascism" for alluding to the fact liberalism is destructive and dangerous in a more surrepticious way that is often overlooked.

Similarly, "Fuck fascism and communism" addresses how communists are destructive and dangerous in a way that is often overlooked by a particular crowd.

Also, you're a communist.

ofcourse you're outraged by the comparison.

I guess I'd say it's like "Do you think White Lives Matter notch?"

"Yes, white lives matter, also black lives matter."

*immediate hysterics.*.

Everyone other than fascists is aware fascists suck. The danger of crypto-communists is overlooked.

More sophistic nonsense, with you again comparing apples and oranges.

Saying that both white lives and black lives matter will certainly illicit broad agreement, because of course lives matter. People will not say (or at least not be seen saying) that only one of the statements is correct or more correct than the other (that would imply racial bias). However, with communism and Nazism, people do not agree that they are equally vile, and so Notch's suggestion that they are, when asked to condemn it, created an uproar.

I mean really, let's break down these two situations:
  • White lives matter; in addendum, Black lives matter (just as much) - both acceptable opinions, both regarded as being equally true (unless you're racist).
  • Fuck fascism; in addendum, fuck communism (just as much) - only the former is acceptable, or at least the former is being trivialized by comparison with the latter.

What you're doing with this sophistry of yours is neglecting the (moral) content of the words in question and suggesting both statements are comparable, when they are clearly not. And what's more, you're doing it to prove some sort of paranoid notion that the "crypto-Marxists" are out to ruin Western society or something.
Last edited by Duvniask on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Supporting anTIFA.

Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
Danish | Political science student | Left communist
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.

User avatar
Duvniask
Senator
 
Posts: 4282
Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:58 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
Leftist infighting is a hell of a drug.

Is it really infighting if one group of people actually goes out and tries to accomplish stuff and another group sits around and calls them tankies?

Anti-marxist “leftist” people are overwhelmingly armchair revolutionaries.

The problem being that what tankies actually accomplish, at gunpoint, is state bureaucratized capitalism draped in red bunting, often at great cost in human lives.
Supporting anTIFA.

Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
Danish | Political science student | Left communist
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.

User avatar
South Odreria 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Odreria 2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:03 pm

Duvniask wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Is it really infighting if one group of people actually goes out and tries to accomplish stuff and another group sits around and calls them tankies?

Anti-marxist “leftist” people are overwhelmingly armchair revolutionaries.

The problem being that what tankies actually accomplish, at gunpoint, is state bureaucratized capitalism draped in red bunting, often at great cost in human lives.

I’m not talking about actual tankies, I’m talking about the people anti-Marxists call tankies.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Centrist Marxist, according to LeftValues
Serial post deleter

User avatar
Duvniask
Senator
 
Posts: 4282
Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Duvniask wrote:The problem being that what tankies actually accomplish, at gunpoint, is state bureaucratized capitalism draped in red bunting, often at great cost in human lives.

I’m not talking about actual tankies, I’m talking about the people anti-Marxists call tankies.

I was under the impression "tankie" really only was a word used in leftist circles, with people understanding that it meant the kind of "communists" who would send in the tanks to crush Hungary and Czechoslovakia for daring to demand more freedoms for themselves. Seems I was naive enough to think people understood what it means.
Last edited by Duvniask on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supporting anTIFA.

Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
Danish | Political science student | Left communist
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.

User avatar
South Odreria 2
Minister
 
Posts: 2646
Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Odreria 2 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Duvniask wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:I’m not talking about actual tankies, I’m talking about the people anti-Marxists call tankies.

I was under the impression "tankie" really only was a word used in leftist circles, with people understanding that it meant the kind of "communists" who would send in the tanks to crush Hungary and Czechoslovakia for daring to demand more freedoms for themselves. Seems I was naive enough to think people understood what it means.

It originally meant people who supported the 1968 invasion of Czechoslovakia, then it meant people who supported any authoritarian governments, now it apparently means anyone who isn’t a liberal. Actual good anarchists saying it are a different story.

The word itself is on the verge of becoming mainstream.
Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Centrist Marxist, according to LeftValues
Serial post deleter

User avatar
Philjia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10184
Founded: Sep 15, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Philjia » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:11 pm

Duvniask wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:I’m not talking about actual tankies, I’m talking about the people anti-Marxists call tankies.

I was under the impression "tankie" really only was a word used in leftist circles, with people understanding that it meant the kind of "communists" who would send in the tanks to crush Hungary and Czechoslovakia for daring to demand more freedoms for themselves. Seems I was naive enough to think people understood what it means.

Surface level, it's just the ones who engage in apologetics for Stalin and Mao. However, I strongly believe that Leninism is the heart of the rot.
Iain M Banks wrote:There came a point when a conspiracy became that powerful and subtle it became pointless to worry about it.

⚧ Gender and sex aren't the same thing. ⚧
Progressive reformist co-operativist democratic market socialist. Pro LGBT rights and gay marriage, pro gay adoption, pro EU, atheist, pro free speech and expression, pro legalisation of prostitution and soft drugs, and pro choice. Anti authoritarian, anti bigotry, anti radfem. White cishet male.

User avatar
Duvniask
Senator
 
Posts: 4282
Founded: Aug 30, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Duvniask » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Actually, one of the best ways to identify a tankie would probably be to ask them if it was right of the Bolsheviks to crush the Kronstadt Uprising.
Supporting anTIFA.

Economic Left/Right: -9.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.87
Danish | Political science student | Left communist
The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters.

User avatar
Kubra
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12802
Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:42 pm

Major-Tom wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Gotta have to stick with Marxism as non-Marxist “leftists” are by and large pretty useless.

Marx was for the most part right about how the economy works.


Leftist infighting is a hell of a drug.
ehhh, in fairness most folks generally fell in line behind Marxism in terms of theory during the 20th century, even if they didn't get in with it politically. You know, they might believe in surplus value, but aren't hot on things like a vanguard party or saying mean things about Bakunin.
The folks who wholesale refused the lot either went center socdem or made hippie communes.
Last edited by Kubra on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
-Comrade Posadas

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8346
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:44 pm

Kubra wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:
Leftist infighting is a hell of a drug.
ehhh, in fairness most folks generally fell in line behind Marxism in terms of theory during the 20th century, even if they didn't get in with it politically. You know, they might believe in surplus value, but aren't hot on things like a vanguard party or saying mean things about Bakunin.
The folks who wholesale refused the lot either went center socdem or made hippie communes.

Yeah but even then you'll have people at each other's throats for supporting anarcho-syndacalist-communalism instead of syndo-anarchism with bookchin characteristics.

Of course the infighting is generally delegated to theoryspace. In praxis most leftists operate similarly enough that if you're wearing aviators you can't tell the difference.
Last edited by Cisairse on Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
Kubra
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12802
Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kubra » Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:56 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Kubra wrote: ehhh, in fairness most folks generally fell in line behind Marxism in terms of theory during the 20th century, even if they didn't get in with it politically. You know, they might believe in surplus value, but aren't hot on things like a vanguard party or saying mean things about Bakunin.
The folks who wholesale refused the lot either went center socdem or made hippie communes.

Yeah but even then you'll have people at each other's throats for supporting anarcho-syndacalist-communalism instead of syndo-anarchism with bookchin characteristics.

Of course the infighting is generally delegated to theoryspace. In praxis most leftists operate similarly enough that if you're wearing aviators you can't tell the difference.
the point was that you mostly can't find a "non-marxist" left, and if you do it usually ain't something worth finding.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
-Comrade Posadas

User avatar
Ansarre
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Ansarre » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:09 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Ansarre wrote:Marx can make his predictions all he wants. It the ideology he has helped forged, and all of its offshoots, that are the issue. Marxism is a threat to the liberal global order.

I mean, yeah. The liberal global order is really not working out.

Not really. We have the highest standards of living and development in the world. Everyone wants to live in liberal countries.
Center-right Paternalistic Neoconservative (Straussian Idealism) and European Federalist
Hong Kong is British and the Republic of China is the only legitimate authority in China!
I support open borders, multiracialism, free trade, police militarization, landlords, and regime change wars.
Supporter of John Bolton for President
Senator Joseph McCarthy was an American hero and he did nothing wrong

OOC Overview of myself | European Voting Guide | Reading List

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8346
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:11 pm

Ansarre wrote:
Cisairse wrote:I mean, yeah. The liberal global order is really not working out.

Not really. We have the highest standards of living and development in the world. Everyone wants to live in liberal countries.

Just because liberal countries have the highest standards of living right now doesn't mean that liberal countries right now have the highest standards of living humanly possible.

In fact, in many ways, the standard of living in liberal countries right now is very poor.
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
Ansarre
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Ansarre » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:14 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Ansarre wrote:Not really. We have the highest standards of living and development in the world. Everyone wants to live in liberal countries.

Just because liberal countries have the highest standards of living right now doesn't mean that liberal countries right now have the highest standards of living humanly possible.

In fact, in many ways, the standard of living in liberal countries right now is very poor.

Oh sorry, forgive me for not comparing them to reddit fan fictions of what luxury automated space gay communism would look like. As we all know, real communism™ would provide a utopia on earth!
Center-right Paternalistic Neoconservative (Straussian Idealism) and European Federalist
Hong Kong is British and the Republic of China is the only legitimate authority in China!
I support open borders, multiracialism, free trade, police militarization, landlords, and regime change wars.
Supporter of John Bolton for President
Senator Joseph McCarthy was an American hero and he did nothing wrong

OOC Overview of myself | European Voting Guide | Reading List

User avatar
Stylan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 419
Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Stylan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Stylan wrote:Really? Where's your evidence for that?

I'm willing to bet you don't actually have a source, and you just regurgitate what's fed to you on TV. Well that myth comes from the Black Book of Communism, which the authors themselves have said isn't accurate, as the editor raised the numbers drastically.

Or it comes from the Victims of Communism foundation, which counts people who die of coronavirus and literal Nazis killed by Red Army soldiers as "victims of communism."

Or you use the idea that "800 billion trillion people starved in the USSR and China," which is patently false. Not only that, even if it was, do you know how many people die in capitalist countries every year because of starvation?


It comes from the death tolls of the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, and every other heinous genocide, war, and massacre committed under a Red Flag.

Stop trying to rewrite history because it doesn't support your narrative. Communism is a con that has left over half the world in devastating poverty.

Again, the "death tolls" of these things are literally admitted to be being made up by the people who propagated them. Yeah, Cuba is in such devastating poverty that it's life span is higher than the U.S.' and their is no hunger.
Tankie, I guess.

User avatar
Ansarre
Attaché
 
Posts: 93
Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Ansarre » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Stylan wrote:Really? Where's your evidence for that?

I'm willing to bet you don't actually have a source, and you just regurgitate what's fed to you on TV. Well that myth comes from the Black Book of Communism, which the authors themselves have said isn't accurate, as the editor raised the numbers drastically.

Or it comes from the Victims of Communism foundation, which counts people who die of coronavirus and literal Nazis killed by Red Army soldiers as "victims of communism."

Or you use the idea that "800 billion trillion people starved in the USSR and China," which is patently false. Not only that, even if it was, do you know how many people die in capitalist countries every year because of starvation?


It comes from the death tolls of the Holodomor, the Cultural Revolution, and every other heinous genocide, war, and massacre committed under a Red Flag.

Stop trying to rewrite history because it doesn't support your narrative. Communism is a con that has left over half the world in devastating poverty.

Well it left a lot of the world in poverty but thankfully free trade and capitalism has brought them out of it.
Center-right Paternalistic Neoconservative (Straussian Idealism) and European Federalist
Hong Kong is British and the Republic of China is the only legitimate authority in China!
I support open borders, multiracialism, free trade, police militarization, landlords, and regime change wars.
Supporter of John Bolton for President
Senator Joseph McCarthy was an American hero and he did nothing wrong

OOC Overview of myself | European Voting Guide | Reading List

User avatar
Cisairse
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8346
Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cisairse » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:17 pm

Ansarre wrote:
Cisairse wrote:Just because liberal countries have the highest standards of living right now doesn't mean that liberal countries right now have the highest standards of living humanly possible.

In fact, in many ways, the standard of living in liberal countries right now is very poor.

Oh sorry, forgive me for not comparing them to reddit fan fictions of what luxury automated space gay communism would look like. As we all know, real communism™ would provide a utopia on earth!

The idea that there are no alternatives to liberal capitalism except "reddit fan fictions of [...] luxury automated space gay communism" is tragically naïve.
Now it's clear as a pillar of smoke
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

And broken Starbucks glass

Yeah, I support my troops
They wave black flags
They wear black masks

User avatar
Stylan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 419
Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Stylan » Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:19 pm

Joohan wrote:
Stylan wrote:Homosexuality was legalized in the Soviet Union in 1917.


And then recriminalized just 16 years later, now with gulag time tagged on!

Women obtained the right to vote in the USSR in 1917.

That's good they managed to eventually begin feeding their people. The difference in this case, however, is that the United States never had a mass famine in the first place. They've had droughts, they've had year long dust storms, they've had mass exodus of the farmers from their fields ( all this in the same year mind you ) - but the United States has never had a famine, let alone one that killed millions of people...

You don't think that maybe the U.S. has never had a famine because it doesn't have literally all the big corporations and almost all superpowers behind it 100 hundred percent of the time?

Also, I don't know how many times I need to say this, the "famine" in the USSR was largely caused by the fact that they were fighting a world war, Nazis had set fire to crops and such, Great Britain and other nations refused to aid them - and even with all that they were living.

Stop believing everything the CIA tells you.
Tankie, I guess.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Greater Miami Shores, Impaled Nazarene, Kowani, Nobel Hobos 2, Proctopeo, Senkaku, Shrillland, Stellar Colonies, Trollgaard

Advertisement

Remove ads