NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Snail Riders, Charge!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38827
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:03 am

Heloin wrote:
Valrifell wrote:I'm sure your girlfriend's sister's interior design taste isn't that bad.

Mid century furniture and wood panelling. It's like all the worst parts of the 70s walked into the drawing room and vomited.

Vintage or a conscious choice to emulate that specific style?


“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

User avatar
Heloin
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19222
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:08 am

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Heloin wrote:Mid century furniture and wood panelling. It's like all the worst parts of the 70s walked into the drawing room and vomited.

Vintage or a conscious choice to emulate that specific style?

I think the only things in that house actually from the 70s are the walls, plumbing, and the interior doors. Pretty sure she had the wood panelling put in, for some reason.
Ye wouldna' have your freedom to take a drink or two.
If it wasna' for the work of the Dorsai!

Proudly Zimbabwean | Art Thread | Stand With Hong Kong | Industrial Workers of the World | Stand With Artsakh
Harmless Historical Nut

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38827
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:17 am

Heloin wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:Vintage or a conscious choice to emulate that specific style?

I think the only things in that house actually from the 70s are the walls, plumbing, and the interior doors. Pretty sure she had the wood panelling put in, for some reason.

Perhaps she yearned for the interior design aesthetic so prevalent during the Nixon years.


“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

User avatar
Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12617
Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:24 pm

I'm going to a country music concert at the Albanian ice cream shop tonight to (hopefully) work things out with these two girls Xhuliano keeps around.

75% chance it works out. 25% chance fight #1024 breaks out at the parlor.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

User avatar
Luziyca
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36502
Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:11 pm

Finally had a birthday lunch, now that my mother discovered she got paid. I had some poutine delivered to my house.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
[13:38] Vnik [Hardhiara] Luz is obviously the worst scout Kylaris has
IIwikiFacebookTwitterKylaris: the best region for five years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63704
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:28 pm

Sucks when Chick-fil-a forgets the pickles on your chicken sandwiches w/ extra pickles so you gotta add your own pickles at home.

Got most of the way through the first sandwich before realizing I hadn't tasted a single pickle.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 58791
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Heloin wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
I'm sure your girlfriend's sister's interior design taste isn't that bad.

Mid century furniture and wood panelling. It's like all the worst parts of the 70s walked into the drawing room and vomited.


How can she have mid century furniture? We're only 2 decades in!
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Five blank lines will now follow





This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Nuroblav
Minister
 
Posts: 2352
Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:52 pm

Heloin wrote:Mid century furniture and wood panelling. It's like all the worst parts of the 70s walked into the drawing room and vomited.

Avocado bathrooms?
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 58791
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:54 pm

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Heloin wrote:I think the only things in that house actually from the 70s are the walls, plumbing, and the interior doors. Pretty sure she had the wood panelling put in, for some reason.

Perhaps she yearned for the interior design aesthetic so prevalent during the Nixon years.


Now with more hidden microphones!
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Five blank lines will now follow





This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63704
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:59 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Heloin wrote:Mid century furniture and wood panelling. It's like all the worst parts of the 70s walked into the drawing room and vomited.


How can she have mid century furniture? We're only 2 decades in!


Ah, always great to meet a fellow believer in the rock solid fact that the universe was created 20 years ago.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
Major-Tom
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14821
Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Major-Tom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:01 pm

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:I'm going to a country music concert at the Albanian ice cream shop tonight to (hopefully) work things out with these two girls Xhuliano keeps around.

75% chance it works out. 25% chance fight #1024 breaks out at the parlor.


I swear, every time I check on this thread, you're beefing with an Albanian. I'm not judging, I'm just hella amused.
"We're flawed because we want so much. We're ruined because we get these things and wish for what we had."
Who is Tom?
Other Pertinent Factbooks

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 58791
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:02 pm

Kannap wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
How can she have mid century furniture? We're only 2 decades in!


Ah, always great to meet a fellow believer in the rock solid fact that the universe was created 20 years ago.


That would mean that the universe can't drink in the USA.

Seems a bit silly.
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Five blank lines will now follow





This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63704
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:06 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Ah, always great to meet a fellow believer in the rock solid fact that the universe was created 20 years ago.


That would mean that the universe can't drink in the USA.

Seems a bit silly.


Not as silly as the Prohibition Party
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 58791
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:08 pm

Kannap wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
That would mean that the universe can't drink in the USA.

Seems a bit silly.


Not as silly as the Prohibition Party


That doesn't sound like a party i'd like to attend :meh:
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Five blank lines will now follow





This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63704
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:13 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Kannap wrote:
Not as silly as the Prohibition Party


That doesn't sound like a party i'd like to attend :meh:


It's not a party many want to attend, seeing as they only got 5,617 votes in the last presidential election.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
The Blaatschapen
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 58791
Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:16 pm

Kannap wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
That doesn't sound like a party i'd like to attend :meh:


It's not a party many want to attend, seeing as they only got 5,617 votes in the last presidential election.


And still someone who doesn't drink got into the White House :(
Forumer mod, now a rocker mocker. Thank you Ringo
Five blank lines will now follow





This is the 8th line. If your sig is longer than mine, it is too long.

User avatar
Kannap
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63704
Founded: May 07, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kannap » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:18 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Kannap wrote:
It's not a party many want to attend, seeing as they only got 5,617 votes in the last presidential election.


And still someone who doesn't drink got into the White House :(


Wait, Trump doesn't drink?

And here I thought the last four years were the results of a neverending drunken rampage.
24 years old, gay asexual, male Presbyterian, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident ostrich
Political Party: Not affiliated/Independent
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
Luna Amore wrote:note to self, insert clever reference to Kannap
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
RYM || Political test results
.::The List of National Sports::.

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38827
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:27 pm

Kannap wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:And still someone who doesn't drink got into the White House :(

Wait, Trump doesn't drink?

And here I thought the last four years were the results of a neverending drunken rampage.

Not a single drop. Mind you, he probably snorted a fair amount of coke in the eighties and nineties, as was common amongst the capitalist elite in those halcyon days of obscene profits and shameless greed.


“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

User avatar
Andsed
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12383
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Okay if any of you guys here enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey then you gotta check out the Kitchen Nightmare community page. The person running it post memes left and right and its great. I have been reading it for the past hour and it is so entertaining.
Last edited by Andsed on Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A tired leftist here to scream into the void

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Alternamerica
Diplomat
 
Posts: 778
Founded: Apr 11, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Alternamerica » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:06 pm

Andsed wrote:Okay if any of you guys here enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey then you gotta check out the Kitchen Nightmare community page. The person running it post memes left and right and its great. I have been reading it for the past hour and it is so entertaining.


Consider me interested.

Do you have a link for me to check out?
What if America, but with Social Democracy & Eisenhower worship? Medicare For All, North American Highspeed Rail, and $1 Trillion military budget because we're the best country. CIA love Teddy Roosevelt and the environment enough to torture Oil executives. Our conservatives shoot Klansmen for sport. We waterboard UN delegates until they sign the GND
30% IRL views, 70% joke

Anthem | Basically USA | Factbook | Trump Tweets | GOP when there's liter | American Katyusha/Erika (WW2)
BREAKING NEWS: Proud Boys are robbing vaccines from rich neighborhoods to give to low income communities often neglected during vaccine rollout

User avatar
Andsed
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12383
Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Andsed » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:08 pm

Alternamerica wrote:
Andsed wrote:Okay if any of you guys here enjoy watching Gordon Ramsey then you gotta check out the Kitchen Nightmare community page. The person running it post memes left and right and its great. I have been reading it for the past hour and it is so entertaining.


Consider me interested.

Do you have a link for me to check out?

https://www.youtube.com/user/KitchenNightmares/community It is not exactly gut busting laughter but it is pretty amusing. Especially if your a Gordon Ramsey fan.
Last edited by Andsed on Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A tired leftist here to scream into the void

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 37427
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Hurdergaryp wrote:
Kannap wrote:Wait, Trump doesn't drink?

And here I thought the last four years were the results of a neverending drunken rampage.

Not a single drop. Mind you, he probably snorted a fair amount of coke in the eighties and nineties, as was common amongst the capitalist elite in those halcyon days of obscene profits and shameless greed.

As compared to now, where they’re a bunch of saints.
Sex is great. But have you tried data visualizations of partisan spatial segregation?
The National Debt is not debt, but merely the sum total, to the penny, of every untaxed dollar in existence since the start of the nation. Updating Trackers! How Congress votes, what Americans believe, and world leader approvals
Headline of the day: Biden administrationannounces support for waiving intellectual property protections for COVID-19 vaccines
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”
Effortposts or smth, idk
the white man still cries when you cut down the lynching trees

User avatar
Hanafuridake
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5527
Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:37 pm

Kowani wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:Not a single drop. Mind you, he probably snorted a fair amount of coke in the eighties and nineties, as was common amongst the capitalist elite in those halcyon days of obscene profits and shameless greed.

As compared to now, where they’re a bunch of saints.


I can't imagine Jeff Bezos snorting coke honestly.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳
Mahayana Buddhist
Fan of royalism and distributism

User avatar
Hurdergaryp
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38827
Founded: Jul 10, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hurdergaryp » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:07 pm

Kowani wrote:
Hurdergaryp wrote:Not a single drop. Mind you, he probably snorted a fair amount of coke in the eighties and nineties, as was common amongst the capitalist elite in those halcyon days of obscene profits and shameless greed.

As compared to now, where they’re a bunch of saints.

Certainly the benevolence bestowed upon them by means of corporate socialism has shown them the error of their ways, otherwise they would be nothing but despicable parasites.


“Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.”
Mao Zedong

User avatar
Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 199043
Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:12 pm

Not sure why but binge watching night routine videos in YT has become my strange “hobby” of late.
Code name: Ratatouille Strychnine
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ameriganastan, Blue Nagia, Heloin, Immortan Khan, Kubra, Muzehnaya, Nakena, Nilokeras, North Washington Republic, Quelsh, Solarampa, The Alma Mater, The Lone Alliance

Advertisement

Remove ads