NATION

PASSWORD

TET: Snail Riders, Charge!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:33 pm

Heloin wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I don't know. I feel pretty sure that there's something happening, even if it's not the end times.

Honestly anything could happen. Prediction in general only really succeeds by luck. America could fall apart into open civil war in the next few weeks or months. America could return to normal and maybe even get better this time. Michael Bay could win next years Oscars for all we know.

I'm personally betting on the future where we have more trains and everyone has awesome transformation powers!

capitalism is going to collapse any day now for that matter
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:35 pm

Geneviev wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Yes but when it happens there will be no room for discussion or debate about whether it is happening. We will be 100% sure.

I don't know. I feel pretty sure that there's something happening, even if it's not the end times.

We are not in the End Times.

The world has been due to end about four separate times, that I remember, since I was a kid. And I'm still here.

I know these times are scary. I'm sorry it seems that your church is making it scarier by implying it could be the end.

But it isn't the end. It is not the prelude to the end.

In the 1300s, we survived the Black Death. One-third of humanity wiped out. And I'm sure they felt it was the end, but mankind survived.

In 1918, after mankind survived a bloody (and mostly unnecessary) four year war, there was a pandemic. Mankind survived again. As mankind survived god-knows how much in between.

Keep this thought in your head: mankind are survivors. There is always hope.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 pm

Heloin wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I don't know. I feel pretty sure that there's something happening, even if it's not the end times.

Honestly anything could happen. Prediction in general only really succeeds by luck. America could fall apart into open civil war in the next few weeks or months. America could return to normal and maybe even get better this time. Michael Bay could win next years Oscars for all we know.

I'm personally betting on the future where we have more trains and everyone has awesome transformation powers!

I think that, in the future, everyone will sing in a choir.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Heloin wrote:Honestly anything could happen. Prediction in general only really succeeds by luck. America could fall apart into open civil war in the next few weeks or months. America could return to normal and maybe even get better this time. Michael Bay could win next years Oscars for all we know.

capitalism is going to collapse any day now for that matter

Too much greed and exploitation ?

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:36 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Heloin wrote:I know that Gene, I've never made a secret that I'm a Christian. Your better then that as far as I know but those preaching to you or anyone else about sinners burning in hell rarely if ever are even thinking about love and understanding. It's only hate and fear when the only thing that can be spread is Hell.

It's not always for fear. There are people who really care about others.

They don't. They're self righteous pomps who would rather feel special then actually help anyone.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:37 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Heloin wrote:Honestly anything could happen. Prediction in general only really succeeds by luck. America could fall apart into open civil war in the next few weeks or months. America could return to normal and maybe even get better this time. Michael Bay could win next years Oscars for all we know.

I think that, in the future, everyone will sing in a choir.

All God's creatures got a place in the choir
Some sing low and some sing higher,
Some sing out loud on a telephone wire,
Some just clap their hands, or paws, or anything they've got now

Listen to the top where the little bird sings
On the melodies and the high notes ringing,
And the hoot owl cries over everything
And the blackbird disagrees

Singing in the night time, singing in the day,
When little duck quacks, and he's on his way
And the otter hasn't got much to say
And the porcupine talks to himself

All God's creatures got a place in the choir
Some sing low and some sing higher,
Some sing out loud on a telephone wire,
Some just clap their hands, or paws, or anything they've got now

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Heloin wrote:
Geneviev wrote:It's not always for fear. There are people who really care about others.

They don't. They're self righteous pomps who would rather feel special then actually help anyone.

I mean, as soon as you condemn another to Hell, you reassure yourself that you're a supremely pure person who is (a) entitled to condemn another and (b), know God's unkowable will. So... you know...
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:capitalism is going to collapse any day now for that matter

too many internal contradictions and not enough state mandated tomboy gfs
Valrifell wrote:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:38 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Bottled water tastes so good after the summer sun

It has a purifying effect

I've never heard of that before. Is it because it's cold?

I drink a warm bottle (I imagined iced bottled water would be even better).

But after the roasting by sunlight and heat waves, it feels so good to pop open the cap of the commercial bottle and drink the water.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

too many internal contradictions and not enough state mandated tomboy gfs

And far too many payments to be made every month

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Geneviev wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Bottled water tastes so good after the summer sun

It has a purifying effect

I've never heard of that before. Is it because it's cold?

Heloin wrote:I know that Gene, I've never made a secret that I'm a Christian. Your better then that as far as I know but those preaching to you or anyone else about sinners burning in hell rarely if ever are even thinking about love and understanding. It's only hate and fear when the only thing that can be spread is Hell.

It's not always for fear. There are people who really care about others.

People who actually care about others may occasionally speak of hell, but when hell is the main thing they're talking about, that's almost always done to spread fear or judgment.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

South Odreria 2
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:41 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:too many internal contradictions and not enough state mandated tomboy gfs

and too few hours until work tomorrow. good night.
Valrifell wrote:

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

and too few hours until work tomorrow. good night.

Good night!

Do a good job powering up the capitalist system tomorrow, I’ll do it from here
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:43 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:

We are not in the End Times.

The world has been due to end about four separate times, that I remember, since I was a kid. And I'm still here.

I know these times are scary. I'm sorry it seems that your church is making it scarier by implying it could be the end.

In the 1300s, we survived the Black Death. One-third of humanity wiped out. And I'm sure they felt it was the end, but mankind survived.

In 1918, after mankind survived a bloody (and mostly unnecessary) four year war, there was a pandemic. Mankind survived again. As mankind survived god-knows how much in between.

We can't survive everything. It's not possible. If this isn't the end, climate change could be, or it could be another world war, or there will be something. This could be the thing that leads to the end. Even if it's not, the end will probably be very soon.

Heloin wrote:
Geneviev wrote:It's not always for fear. There are people who really care about others.

Is it a problem that my first thought on reading that was countertenors? :p

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I've never heard of that before. Is it because it's cold?

But after the roasting by sunlight and heat waves, it feels so good to pop open the cap of the commercial bottle and drink the water.

That's interesting. Water is healthy, so it's good.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:48 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:We are not in the End Times.

We can't survive everything. It's not possible. If this isn't the end, climate change could be, or it could be another world war, or there will be something. This could be the thing that leads to the end. Even if it's not, the end will probably be very soon.

Yes, climate change is possibly the most major problem for the future that we face. But just being defeatist and saying "well, it's the end" won't help one bit.

You need to get fired up to do something, and I don't mean pray. Join an activism group, clean up your little patch of the world, use energy more efficiently, recycle. There are things everyone can do to make their patch of earth better.

Many things could happen, but the fact is we're not in the End Times.

Rather than focus on potential future tragedies, why not fill the years you have (quite probably a whole eighty+ year lifespan) with things that make life a pleasure?
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:55 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:
Geneviev wrote:We can't survive everything. It's not possible. If this isn't the end, climate change could be, or it could be another world war, or there will be something. This could be the thing that leads to the end. Even if it's not, the end will probably be very soon.

Yes, climate change is possibly the most major problem for the future that we face. But just being defeatist and saying "well, it's the end" won't help one bit.

You need to get fired up to do something, and I don't mean pray. Join an activism group, clean up your little patch of the world, use energy more efficiently, recycle. There are things everyone can do to make their patch of earth better.

Rather than focus on potential future tragedies, why not fill the years you have (quite probably a whole eighty+ year lifespan) with things that make life a pleasure?

Doing all of those things and praying won't change the reality that the end times are very soon, if not now. And that's why pleasure is dangerous. Sin is already evil, but there's not enough time to be saved anymore.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:55 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:We are not in the End Times.

Heloin wrote:They don't. They're self righteous pomps who would rather feel special then actually help anyone.

Is it a problem that my first thought on reading that was countertenors? :p

Infected Mushroom wrote:

That's interesting. Water is healthy, so it's good.

It’s amazing to me that water is ~60 percent of the human body and close to 70 percent of earth’s surface.

There’s so much water around.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:Yes, climate change is possibly the most major problem for the future that we face. But just being defeatist and saying "well, it's the end" won't help one bit.

Doing all of those things and praying won't change the reality that the end times are very soon, if not now. And that's why pleasure is dangerous. Sin is already evil, but there's not enough time to be saved anymore.

I agree that we could be in the end times, and that’s a scary thought.

We have to use our time wisely

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:01 pm

Geneviev wrote:
The Free Joy State wrote:Yes, climate change is possibly the most major problem for the future that we face. But just being defeatist and saying "well, it's the end" won't help one bit.

I don't know who told you that, but you should think long and hard before continuing to listen to them.

You could be living a fulfilled life, and it makes me very sad to see you throw that away to wait for something that is not happening. Belief in God isn't supposed to put your life on hold.

Remember that idea you had of exploring other beliefs? Maybe you should explore that idea again?
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Grant Imahara dead at 49. Much too young to be dying.
Everything is intertwinkled

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Grant Imahara dead at 49. Much too young to be dying.

Oh no! :(

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:13 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Grant Imahara dead at 49. Much too young to be dying.

I remember him, on Mythbusters.

May he rest in peace. He was far too young.

Idzequitch
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Idzequitch » Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:27 am

That's terrihle. Celebrity deaths don't usually affect me too much, but that's really a rough one. Seemed like such a nice guy. Should have had a lot of life yet ahead of him.
Twenty-something, male, heterosexual, Protestant Christian. Politically unaffiliated libertarian-ish centrist.
Meyers-Briggs INFP.
Enneagram Type 9.
Political Compass Left/Right 0.13
Libertarian/Authoritarian -5.38
9Axes Results

I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view, and life went on no matter who was wrong or right. - Billy Joel

Kannap
Khan of Spam

Founded: May 07, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kannap » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:31 am

Geneviev wrote:

Who exactly has told you the end times are nigh? Because they're wrong
Luna Amore wrote:Please remember to attend the ritualistic burning of Kannap for heresy
T H E M O U N T A I N S A R E C A L L I N G A N D I M U S T G O
G A Y S I N C E 1 9 9 7
.::The List of National Sports::.
27 years old, gay demisexual, they/them agnostic, North Carolinian. Pumpkin Spice everything.
TET's resident red panda
Red Panda Network
Jill Stein 2024

Kowani
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:21 am

Kannap wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Doing all of those things and praying won't change the reality that the end times are very soon, if not now. And that's why pleasure is dangerous. Sin is already evil, but there's not enough time to be saved anymore.

Who exactly has told you the end times are nigh? Because they're wrong

Kannap, have I mentioned how much I appreciate your snark over the past few months?
American History and Historiography; Political and Labour History, Urbanism, Political Parties, Congressional Procedure, Elections.

Servant of The Democracy since 1896.

Historian, of sorts.

Effortposts can be found here!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General