NATION

PASSWORD

RWDT XXI: The Apocalypse is Now

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Which Cold War era US President was the best?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:54 am

Harry S. Truman (1945–1953)
3%
Dwight D. Eisenhower (1953–1961)
32%
John F. Kennedy (1961–1963)
22%
Lyndon B. Johnson (1963–1969)
8%
Richard Nixon (1969–1974)
9%
Gerald Ford (1974–1977)
No votes
Jimmy Carter (1977–1981)
4%
Ronald Reagan (1981–1989)
16%
George H. W. Bush (1989–1993)
1%
All of the Above/None of the Above/Other (please specify)
5%

Total votes : 77

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:58 pm

If I may, what the flying flip is going on? This all seems like a very bad idea, no offense intended.
The user who was formerly known as Swaglord and/or Xuloqoia...

Meta-Ethical Things I Largely Support: Moral realism, moral universalism, broadly altruist forms of normative ethics
Meta-Ethical Things I Largely Reject: Moral nihilism, broadly egoist forms of normative ethics

Universal love is to regard another's state as one's own. A person of universal love will take care of his friend as he does of himself, and take care of his friend's parents as his own. So when he finds his friend hungry he will feed him, and when he finds him cold he will clothe him...
- Mozi, if memory serves me right.

Also, to those who had to endure it, I apologize once more for the utter cringe of my adolescence...

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:59 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:It is a better idea than an NS OnlyFans, starring Questers.

To be fair, anything is better than that, but seriously advocating this idea will get RWDT shut-down. So let's...nip it in the bud?

The RWDT is like an idea, it cannot be killed. The zeitgeist of the thread is a force to be feared and admired.
Hoppean Libertarian, Acolyte of von Mises, Protector of Our Sacred Liberties
Economic Left/Right: 9.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

Joohan
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 11, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:00 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:It is a better idea than an NS OnlyFans, starring Questers.

To be fair, anything is better than that, but seriously advocating this idea will get RWDT shut-down. So let's...nip it in the bud?

Luminesa is a spy confirmed.
If you need a witness look to yourself

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism!

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:To be fair, anything is better than that, but seriously advocating this idea will get RWDT shut-down. So let's...nip it in the bud?

The RWDT is like an idea, it cannot be killed. The zeitgeist of the thread is a force to be feared and admired.

Then if the RWDT is an idea, it is a very bad one. :^)

Joohan wrote:
Luminesa wrote:To be fair, anything is better than that, but seriously advocating this idea will get RWDT shut-down. So let's...nip it in the bud?

As much as I'd pay to see Secret Agent Lumi in cinemas, I doubt she's a spy.

Meta-Ethical Things I Largely Support: Moral realism, moral universalism, broadly altruist forms of normative ethics
Meta-Ethical Things I Largely Reject: Moral nihilism, broadly egoist forms of normative ethics

Universal love is to regard another's state as one's own. A person of universal love will take care of his friend as he does of himself, and take care of his friend's parents as his own. So when he finds his friend hungry he will feed him, and when he finds him cold he will clothe him...

Also, to those who had to endure it, I apologize once more for the utter cringe of my adolescence...

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 02, 2018
Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:01 pm

Luminesa wrote:

That's an odd thing to say. Nip it in the bud? You're not a moderator. You must be an inside man.
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:This is a terrible idea. XD

It is a better idea than an NS OnlyFans, starring Questers.

DELET THIS
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:03 pm

The Village Green SSR wrote:
Northern Davincia wrote:The RWDT is like an idea, it cannot be killed. The zeitgeist of the thread is a force to be feared and admired.

Venomous slander! You besmirch the honor of this thread, and for that, I have no choice but to challenge you to a game of Duel Monsters.
Conserative Morality wrote:"Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Hoppe."

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:03 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

Venomous slander! You besmirch the honor of this thread, and for that, I have no choice but to challenge you to a game of Duel Monsters.

Sorry, but the only children's card game I play is Magic: The Gathering.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 pm

The Village Green SSR wrote:If I may, what the flying flip is going on? This all seems like a very bad idea, no offense intended.

Last edited by Joohan on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 pm

I feel the energies around me...when I sleep I either dream of leverage model spreadsheets, the great flood, or Babylonian deities subsuming me into the desert tomb.

I must build a holy shrine to the gods
The Bear Stearns Companies, Inc. is a New York-based global investment bank, securities trading and brokerage firm. Its main business areas are capital markets, investment banking, wealth management and global clearing services. Bear Stearns was founded as an equity trading house on May Day 1923 by Joseph Ainslie Bear, Robert B. Stearns and Harold C. Mayer with $500,000 in capital.
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:06 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:Venomous slander! You besmirch the honor of this thread, and for that, I have no choice but to challenge you to a game of Duel Monsters.

I knew MTG was a left-wing card game. Pokemon is centrist.
Bear Stearns wrote:I feel the energies around me...when I sleep I either dream of leverage model spreadsheets, the great flood, or Babylonian deities subsuming me into the desert tomb.

I must build a holy shrine to the gods

I think said shrines were a contributing factor in causing the Deluge.

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

I knew MTG was a left-wing card game. Pokemon is centrist.

No, since I'm roughly in the center politically, that means that MTG is centrist and Pokemon is left-wing.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:08 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:I knew MTG was a left-wing card game. Pokemon is centrist.

No, since I'm roughly in the center politically, that means that MTG is centrist and Pokemon is left-wing.

This is a new and bold hypothesis.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:09 pm

All systems go
Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:10 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:Gofundme to buy NS and put it in a trust overseen by RWDT regulars?

That sounds fucking terrible.

Plus, there's already kinda a version like that, it's called the Batcavern.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:13 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:https://www.gofundme.com/f/orbiter-lives-matter?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Is that a dog?! I saw that image next to 500,000$ and I burst out laughing...

Let me find my debit card real quick...

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:14 pm

Oh goodness, you lot aren't really going to try and buy NS, are you?

As an aside, how come my iteration of the thread is the one where we descend into... well, shit like that. Smh.

No offense is intended, but I'm very disappointed. Disheartened? Something like that.
Last edited by The Village Green SSR on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bear Stearns
Postmaster-General

Capitalizt

Postby Bear Stearns » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:16 pm

South Odreria 2 wrote:https://www.gofundme.com/f/orbiter-lives-matter?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
All systems go

you dolt they will notice it. i will pay out of pocket
383 Madison Ave,
New York, NY 10017
Vince Vaughn

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:16 pm

The Village Green SSR wrote:Oh goodness, you lot aren't really going to try and buy NS, are you?

As an aside, how come my iteration of the thread is the one where we descend into... well, shit like that. Smh.

" Guys, come on, why can't just complain like we usually do? " - Village " Hidenburg " Green, June 2020

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:17 pm

Joohan wrote:
The Village Green SSR wrote:Oh goodness, you lot aren't really going to try and buy NS, are you?

" Guys, come on, why can't just complain like we usually do? " - Village " Hidenburg " Green, June 2020

... You can just call me Xuloqoia or Swaglord or one of my other previous usernames.

Northern Davincia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Davincia » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm

No offense is intended, but I'm very disappointed. Disheartened? Something like that.

Every iteration of this thread descends into previously unknown depths. The joy is finding how far we can go.
Last edited by Northern Davincia on Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Joohan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Joohan » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:

Every iteration of this thread descends into previously unknown depths. The joy is finding how far we can go.

Or how high we can climb ;)

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:20 pm

Northern Davincia wrote:The RWDT is like an idea, it cannot be killed. The zeitgeist of the thread is a force to be feared and admired.

Joohan wrote:

I’d be terrible, I have all the stealth of an excited squirrel.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

The Village Green SSR
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby The Village Green SSR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:

I’d be terrible, I have all the stealth of an excited squirrel.

It's the family-friendly action/comedy film of the summer! Rated PG-13.

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:24 pm

Right wingers:
>claim charity works better than government welfare
>won’t pony up half a million to buy a website
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

PreviousNext

Advertisement