NATION

PASSWORD

“Non-Binary”: Are There Only Two?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:45 pm

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Cringe alert

That's not cringe it's common sense and has been for thousands of years.

People have wanted to have surgery to become the other gender about as long as surgery has been a thing. For example, the Roman emperor Elagabalus.

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:Interesting. But this isn't an issue of feelings, this is an issue of facts. I'm born a male, therfore I'm a man. Surely I do have some feminine qualities and behaviors, but I'm not anything but a man. Our feelings work within gender, not outside of it. One can call me a "Feminine male" or something of the sort, but just because I display attributes normally attributed to women doesn't change the fact I am a man- and just because someone feels they aren't their gender, doesn't mean they are.

I can't really claim to understand what it is exactly that trans people feel that makes them decide they need to transition, as I have never felt any discomfort with my gender, but I'm pretty sure it's more than just wanting to act feminine. If you want to be a cute wholesome lil femboi while being comfortable and assured in the fact that you're a male, that is a different thing from someone undergoing constant, crippling gender dysphoria that makes them feel uncomfortable in their own gender every day.

Also, I'm glad you're comfortable enough in your gender to express yourself however you like even if that's not "traditionally masculine," it's just I don't think that's exactly the same thing, or really even related, to what most trans people are experiencing.

I have never actually asked any of my trans friends what motivated them to transition, but that is my understanding of it.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Nakena
Post Marshal

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nakena » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Nakena wrote:
Quoting Ben Shapiro unironically can, depenending on the context come off as an unironic blue pilled, neocon TPUSA follower or something like that. And thats one of the nicer things to say.

That MAGA stuff stopped being cool like 3-4 years ago.

I thought MAGA was never cool?

It actually was cool to ironically pretend to be a MAGA and pro-Trump in like 2016, early 2017. During the time of HWNDU and so on. Pretty much everyone did that back then. Of course, as always, some took it serious and remained there in that poor place. It's like pushing dead memes.

Others developed, politically or otherwise. Became fascists or communist. Often in that order. Or something else really.

Paleoconservative Citizens
Envoy

Founded: Jun 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:50 pm

Crockerland wrote: If you want to be a cute wholesome lil femboi while being comfortable and assured in the fact that you're a male, that is a different thing from someone undergoing constant, crippling gender dysphoria that makes them feel uncomfortable in their own gender every day.

Except I appear mascul-
No I don't. But I'm definitely not cute. Inward, yes, outward... I look dull and unable to attain cuteness. (also I'm not comfortable and assured, because I am unhappy with my appearance, so I can somewhat relate to transgender)

But, I'm not denying they don't feel these things, I'm merely stating a fact, that there have always been 2 genders, even among animals (not all but most), not necessarily just humans.
Lutheran, Conservative. An ancient puppet brought to you by The Sladerstan
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Chris White, leader of AAPC

Disclaimer: I often use gender and sex as interchangeable terms.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:52 pm

Nakena wrote:
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:I thought MAGA was never cool?

It actually was cool to ironically pretend to be a MAGA and pro-Trump in like 2016, early 2017. During the time of HWNDU and so on. Pretty much everyone did that back then. Of course, as always, some took it serious and remained there in that poor place. It's like pushing dead memes.

Others developed, politically or otherwise. Became fascists or communist. Often in that order. Or something else really.

I used to be Paleoconservative
Now I don't fit anywhere but in my own ideology.
I wasn't even that interested in politics until around 2019, so I really didn't know being MAGA was "cool"
Good works do not make a good man, but a good man does good works, likewise, bad works do not make a bad man, but a bad man does bad works.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Nakena wrote:

I used to be Paleoconservative
Now I don't fit anywhere but in my own ideology.
I wasn't even that interested in politics until around 2019, so I really didn't know being MAGA was "cool"

Yeah he used to be something of a meme candidate, and it started a pipeline to the alt-right. Soon enough, some of the kids who thought Trump memes were funny began to support him. As they branched out politically, some remained alt-right, some went further right and became fascists, and a few became discontent with the alt-right and scattered to other ideologies.

By the way, there's a good chance you're better-looking than you realize. I wouldn't know 100% because I don't know what you look like, but I used to view myself the same way until I got on antidepressants and talked to a few friends about the way I look. Don't be afraid to ask someone you know about it
Last edited by Alcala-Cordel on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:01 am

Crockerland wrote: If you want to be a cute wholesome lil femboi while being comfortable and assured in the fact that you're a male, that is a different thing from someone undergoing constant, crippling gender dysphoria that makes them feel uncomfortable in their own gender every day.

Except I appear mascul-
No I don't. But I'm definitely not cute. Inward, yes, outward... I look dull and unable to attain cuteness. (also I'm not comfortable and assured, because I am unhappy with my appearance, so I can somewhat relate to transgender)

Sorry to hear that :(

I meant more that you are comfortable saying "I'm not anything but a man," as contrasting to people who feel insecure in their gender identity, who would probably be less confident in saying that.
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:But, I'm not denying they don't feel these things, I'm merely stating a fact, that there have always been 2 genders, even among animals (not all but most), not necessarily just humans.

Well I agree with you on that, I was specifically talking about the MtF/FtM transgender people.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:07 am

Alcala-Cordel wrote:There are more than 2 genders.

Gender, as described by the WHO, "refers to the roles, behaviours, activities, attributes and opportunities that any society considers appropriate for girls and boys, and women and men". Now, I do know that it refers to the biological sexes (of which there are two), but not everyone fits into standard gender roles. It's a social construct, not biology, and not everyone will fit in to group A or group B. It's an issue of sociology, not biology.

Ben Shapiro can take his logical fallacies and stick them where the sun don't shine.

Gonna add that we also add 5 more genders every time someone complains
Last edited by Alcala-Cordel on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:11 am

Alcala-Cordel wrote:
Alcala-Cordel wrote:There are more than 2 genders.

Gender, as described by the WHO, "refers to the roles, behaviours, activities, attributes and opportunities that any society considers appropriate for girls and boys, and women and men". Now, I do know that it refers to the biological sexes (of which there are two), but not everyone fits into standard gender roles. It's a social construct, not biology, and not everyone will fit in to group A or group B. It's an issue of sociology, not biology.

Ben Shapiro can take his logical fallacies and stick them where the sun don't shine.

What genders have you added in honor of me?
Last edited by Paleoconservative Citizens on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 am

Alcala-Cordel wrote:

What genders have you added in honor of me?

I'll have to check with Antifa HQ on that

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:15 am

There are only two, but a small amount of people are outliers who do not really fit into either.

If some of those outliers are similar to each other and may be considered a unique group, they could sort of be considered "another gender".
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:16 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:There are only two, but a small amount of people are outliers who do not really fit into either.

If some of those outliers are similar to each other and may be considered a unique group, they could sort of be considered "another gender".

I think your premise is flawed. Where are these small amount of people who do not fit into either gender? :eyebrow:
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:20 am

Even if you just look at the biological side, you'll see there are many more than 2.
Yes most humans have xx and are female or have xy and are male.
But you also have women who are testosterone immune. They have xy chromosomes but a female body from birth.
You have chimera people with multiple sets of dna, you have people with 4 "gender" chromosomes
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XXXY_syndrome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex_chromosome

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:21 am

Thepeopl wrote:Even if you just look at the biological side, you'll see there are many more than 2.
But you also have women who are testosterone immune. They have xy chromosomes but a female body from birth.
You have chimera people with multiple sets of dna, you have people with 4 "gender" chromosomes

"women who are testosterone immune"
"women"

So, one of the two genders.
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:23 am

As a very wise person put it to me, it is difficult to understand what views of gender are being called for in this new culture. On the one hand, gender is fluid, neutral, and doesn't matter, or it isn’t a thing at all outside of false beliefs and oppressive constructs. On the other hand, gender matters so much that people will conceal, remove, or reshape their body parts to be recognized as one gender or the other.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -all-sides
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:24 am

Crockerland wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:There are only two, but a small amount of people are outliers who do not really fit into either.

I think your premise is flawed. Where are these small amount of people who do not fit into either gender? :eyebrow:

They're the ones that...don't fit.

When I posted this, I was thinking more in terms of biological sex, I guess. Although they tend to merely be distorted forms of the existing two.

Obligatory disclaimer: "Distorted" is not meant to have the connotation of that individual being a "wrong person".
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:24 am

There are only two genders. If you are a feminine man, you're still a man. If you are a manly woman, you're still a woman. If you are a man and feel you are a woman, you're still a man. If you're a woman and decide to get a sex reassignment surgery, you're still a woman.
You are what you were born as, and you can't change that.

Intersex and hermaphrodite people are weird so I'd just say they're the gender they look like.
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Crockerland
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:25 am

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Crockerland wrote:I think your premise is flawed. Where are these small amount of people who do not fit into either gender? :eyebrow:

When I posted this, I was thinking more in terms of biological sex, I guess.

Okay, let me ask a different way - Can you give an example of a group of people who would not fit into the binary?
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:25 am

Conflating intersex biology with non-binary identity seems inaccurate and harmful. Intersex people are a special case and they deserve a special sensitivity. Transgender and non-binary identity for people who have normal male or female biology also deserves sensitivity but it is a separate issue.
Last edited by South Odreria 2 on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:25 am

Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:Uh, yes, there are "only 2". They're called "Male and Female". You're Gender/Sex is a tangible absolute, your feelings are not. If you're born a man, you're a man, if you're born a woman, you're a woman. If you feel that you're not the gender you are - that's only a feeling, and, as Ben Shapiro says, "facts don't care about your feelings" .

Then there are only 3 facts. "I" who have consciousness and observe "world", "world" that "I" observe, "someone" who made "world" & "I". All other things are feelings or believings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:28 am

Crockerland wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:They're the ones that...don't fit.

When I posted this, I was thinking more in terms of biological sex, I guess.

Okay, let me ask a different way - Can you give an example of a group of people who would not fit into the binary?

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Crockerland wrote:I think your premise is flawed. Where are these small amount of people who do not fit into either gender? :eyebrow:

When I posted this, I was thinking more in terms of biological sex, I guess. Although they tend to merely be distorted forms of the existing two.

Obligatory disclaimer: "Distorted" is not meant to have the connotation of that individual being a "wrong person".
Last edited by Stellar Colonies on Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:29 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:Conflating intersex biology with non-binary identity seems inaccurate and harmful.

Again, you can't identify as something you aren't.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Paleoconservative Citizens » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:32 am

VVerkia wrote:
Paleoconservative Citizens wrote:Uh, yes, there are "only 2". They're called "Male and Female". You're Gender/Sex is a tangible absolute, your feelings are not. If you're born a man, you're a man, if you're born a woman, you're a woman. If you feel that you're not the gender you are - that's only a feeling, and, as Ben Shapiro says, "facts don't care about your feelings" .

Then there are only 3 facts. "I" who have consciousness and observe "world", "world" that "I" observe, "someone" who made "world" & "I". All other things are feelings or believings. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, but those are three things which make up reality, or three things which contribute to our world. Us, the place we exist, amd and our Creator. However, we cannot defy the place on which we exist or it's laws through manipulation of ourselves. If someone wants to change their gender, they'll first have to change reality.

Otherwise, their gender exists only in the mind of themselves and others, but not in reality, because there are two genders.

Nothing against you though.

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:33 am

Crockerland wrote:
Thepeopl wrote:Even if you just look at the biological side, you'll see there are many more than 2.

"women who are testosterone immune"
"women"

Yes "women" for want if a "better" term. Because they don't menstruate and are infertile because of the chromosomes.
To call these people swyer syndrome patients is too long.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:35 am

Thepeopl wrote:
Crockerland wrote:"women who are testosterone immune"
"women"

Yes "women" for want if a "better" term. Because they don't menstruate and are infertile because of the chromosomes.
To call these people swyer syndrome patients is too long.

They're still women.

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:40 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:Conflating intersex biology with non-binary identity seems inaccurate and harmful. Intersex people are a special case and they deserve a special sensitivity. Transgender and non-binary identity for people who have normal male or female biology also deserves sensitivity but it is a separate issue.

perhaps, but it throws a wrench into the whole "man = XY; woman = XX" or "man = male genitalia; woman = female genitalia" retort.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General