NATION

PASSWORD

Transgender health protections rolled back in the States

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:05 am

American Pere Housh wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:We're not even talking about health insurance, for god's sake. And why do you think that that's a good thing to begin with?

This doesn't affect me whatsoever so I really couldn't care less.

You cared enough to post here.
Also, I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people.
Aren't you one of those Blue Lives Matter types? Isn't the whole point of the police, in your view, to protect and serve the community? We're talking about community protections being stripped away.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:05 am

Necroghastia wrote:We're not even talking about health insurance, for god's sake. And why do you think that that's a good thing to begin with?

This doesn't affect me whatsoever so I really couldn't care less.

That explains your signature.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:06 am

The Crownless wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:Mark my words, Biden cannot and will not win.

Sure he can, he's a mediocre candidate but mediocre candidates win all the time, a large percentage of the vote isn't that candidate-dependent anyway, and he doesn't provoke strong feelings in people but the thought of Trump does. There's nothing magical required to win a presidential election, we attribute a lot of power, traits, etc. to people who win by circumstances mostly outside their own doing. It's like if you said "Trent Dilfer cannot and will not win a Super Bowl" or "Argo cannot and will not win an Oscar." He's more than capable of winning by default, even if he's not capable of much at all. Even Trump won a lot by default on the anti-Hillary vote (and electoral college luck), it wasn't like he had a particularly strong showing, we just love to form inevitability narratives by nature.

Hell Trump won by only a few thousand votes in Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA. And PA is expected to swing to Biden this year.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:06 am

Sundiata wrote:
The Crownless wrote:
Are you saying Clinton's affair with an intern who worked for him is analogous to a single person being attracted to someone their age of the opposite sex?

Morally speaking, only if the attraction is acted upon.

Nobody is banning them from accessing healthcare. We're just not forcing people to treat them.

East Blepia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby East Blepia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:06 am

I just broke into the reserve of queso dip and gulped down a fat dollop. Keep the good news coming!
Last edited by East Blepia on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, 10 years in Syria, constant brinksmanship with Iran, $230 billion[1] and counting in military and economic aid to a first-world country, and the agitation of Islamic extremism[2] causing tens of thousands of civilian deaths is not enough. America MUST do more for Israel. If you ask what we get in exchange, you are an anti-semite.

1. https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf "As of March 2020, in 2018 U.S. dollars (inflation-adjusted), total U.S.
aid to Israel... is $236 billion."

2. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver "Why are we fighting and opposing you? The answer is very simple...You attacked us in Palestine...the degree of American support for Israel"

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:07 am

The Republic of Fore wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Morally speaking, only if the attraction is acted upon.

Nobody is banning them from accessing healthcare. We're just not forcing people to treat them.
Healthcare is a human right.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am

Thermodolia wrote:
The Crownless wrote:
Sure he can, he's a mediocre candidate but mediocre candidates win all the time, a large percentage of the vote isn't that candidate-dependent anyway, and he doesn't provoke strong feelings in people but the thought of Trump does. There's nothing magical required to win a presidential election, we attribute a lot of power, traits, etc. to people who win by circumstances mostly outside their own doing. It's like if you said "Trent Dilfer cannot and will not win a Super Bowl" or "Argo cannot and will not win an Oscar." He's more than capable of winning by default, even if he's not capable of much at all. Even Trump won a lot by default on the anti-Hillary vote (and electoral college luck), it wasn't like he had a particularly strong showing, we just love to form inevitability narratives by nature.

Hell Trump won by only a few thousand votes in Michigan, Wisconsin, and PA. And PA is expected to swing to Biden this year.

A fun fact. The U of Michigan football stadium seats about 108,000. If you took Trump's margin In Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan the states that won him the election, the stadium wouldn't be half full.

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am

Sundiata wrote:Morally speaking, only if the attraction is acted upon.

Which can be, in practice, banning them from accessing healthcare.

East Blepia wrote:I just broke into the reserve of queso dip and gulped down a fat dollop. Keep the good news coming!

Please, explain what is good about this.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am

Necroghastia wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:This doesn't affect me whatsoever so I really couldn't care less.

You cared enough to post here.
Also, I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people.
Aren't you one of those Blue Lives Matter types? Isn't the whole point of the police, in your view, to protect and serve the community? We're talking about community protections being stripped away.

Something something trans people aren’t apart of the community/aren’t people/should be in mental wards.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 am

Sundiata wrote:
Crockerland wrote:

You should stop saying disgusting, hateful things and then acting surprised when people react negatively.

While we disagree, I don't hate people who experience same-sex attraction or gender dysphoria. I also don't believe that they should experience discrimination of any kind.

Your attitude reminds me of Ronald Reagan telling everyone he's not racist and then getting on the phone with Nixon and calling African diplomats "those monkeys from those African countries."

If you "disagree" with someone else's right to exist and be treated equally to everyone else, that is called hating them.
Last edited by Crockerland on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 am

Sundiata wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:Nobody is banning them from accessing healthcare. We're just not forcing people to treat them.
Healthcare is a human right.

No, it isn't. It's not a right if it has to be provided by someone else. You can get healthcare just fine from someone who does want to treat trans people.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:10 am

Necroghastia wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:Nobody is banning them from accessing healthcare. We're just not forcing people to treat them.

East Blepia wrote:I just broke into the reserve of queso dip and gulped down a fat dollop. Keep the good news coming!

They are probably giddy at the fact that trans people will be dead or something?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:10 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:You cared enough to post here.

Something something trans people aren’t apart of the community/aren’t people/should be in mental wards.

poe
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:10 am

Sundiata wrote: Healthcare is a human right.

No, it isn't. It's not a right if it has to be provided by someone else. You can get healthcare just fine from someone who does want to treat trans people.

Tell that to Robert Eads.

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:11 am

Necroghastia wrote:

No, It's not. They can go to a doctor who wants to treat trans people. There's plenty of them. Personally I wouldn't want to give my money to someone who refused to deal with me over something I can't control.

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:11 am

The Republic of Fore wrote:No, it isn't. It's not a right if it has to be provided by someone else.

So you don't have a right to a jury of your peers?
Or a right to a public defendant?
No right to an impartial judge?

Think before you speak.
Free Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Tibet.
Gay not Queer / Why Abortion is Genocide / End Gay Erasure
PROUD SUPPORTER OF:
National Liberalism, Nuclear & Geothermal Power, GMOs, Vaccines, Biodiesel, LGBTIA equality, Universal Healthcare, Universal Basic Income, Constitutional Carry, Emotional Support Twinks, Right to Life

East Blepia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby East Blepia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:12 am

Thermodolia wrote:Please, explain what is good about this.

Necroghastia wrote:They are probably giddy at the fact that trans people will be dead or something?

All of this 'trans' business is just ridiculous. I'm glad society is starting to quit giving these crybullies attention.
Last edited by East Blepia on Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
20 years in Iraq and Afghanistan, 10 years in Syria, constant brinksmanship with Iran, $230 billion[1] and counting in military and economic aid to a first-world country, and the agitation of Islamic extremism[2] causing tens of thousands of civilian deaths is not enough. America MUST do more for Israel. If you ask what we get in exchange, you are an anti-semite.

1. https://fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf "As of March 2020, in 2018 U.S. dollars (inflation-adjusted), total U.S.
aid to Israel... is $236 billion."

2. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2002/nov/24/theobserver "Why are we fighting and opposing you? The answer is very simple...You attacked us in Palestine...the degree of American support for Israel"

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:13 am

East Blepia wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:They are probably giddy at the fact that trans people will be dead or something?

All of this 'trans' business is just ridiculous. I'm glad society is starting to quit giving these crybullies attention.

So it's a good thing when people are left to die preventable deaths, just because they're trans.

Also, "crybullies," what? lmao

American Pere Housh
Senator

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby American Pere Housh » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:14 am

Sundiata wrote:
American Pere Housh wrote:This doesn't affect me whatsoever so I really couldn't care less.

People who experience gender dysphoria should have access to healthcare because they're human beings.

I never said they shouldn't have healthcare but there's others that need it more. Like my my step mom, she need it because of her bad heart which is a hereditary condition.
Government Type: Militaristic Republic
Leader: President Alexander Jones
Prime Minister: Isabella Stuart-Jones
Secretary of Defense: Hitomi Izumi
Secretary of State: Eliza 'Vanny' Cortez
Time: 2023
Population: MT-450 million
Territory: All of North America, The Islands of the Caribbean and the Philippines

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:15 am

Sundiata wrote:People who experience gender dysphoria should have access to healthcare because they're human beings.

I never said they shouldn't have healthcare but there's others that need it more. Like my my step mom, she need it because of her bad heart which is a hereditary condition.

Trans people can have heart conditions and other life-threatening conditions too, y'know.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:16 am

East Blepia wrote:

There’s a difference in not giving people attention and cutting healthcare from people because you don’t like them.

One is fine while the other is evil. I might not be the biggest fan of trans people but we shouldn’t be withdrawing healthcare from them because that can effect non-trans people just as badly
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:16 am

Necroghastia wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:No, it isn't. It's not a right if it has to be provided by someone else. You can get healthcare just fine from someone who does want to treat trans people.

Tell that to Robert Eads.

Wow, one example out of thousands of cases. Truly this is revolutionary news! You can find one example of just about anything. There was a teenage boy who was raped by his teacher and forced to pay child support. But in 99.99999% of cases that wouldn't happen.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:17 am

Sundiata wrote:People who experience gender dysphoria should have access to healthcare because they're human beings.

Healthcare shouldn’t be an either or decision but somehow we’ve made it into one
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Republic of Fore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Fore » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:18 am

Crockerland wrote:
The Republic of Fore wrote:No, it isn't. It's not a right if it has to be provided by someone else.

So you don't have a right to a jury of your peers?
Or a right to a public defendant?
No right to an impartial judge?

Think before you speak.

Both of the first two can be taken away from you. And It's literally impossible to be totally impartial, any judge who claims to be is a liar. If someone else provides it, then It's a privilege.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:18 am

Necroghastia wrote:Tell that to Robert Eads.

Wow, one example out of thousands of cases. Truly this is revolutionary news! You can find one example of just about anything. There was a teenage boy who was raped by his teacher and forced to pay child support. But in 99.99999% of cases that wouldn't happen.

Actually the later case is more common than you think unfortunately
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General