NATION

PASSWORD

The NationStates Feminism Thread IV: Fight Like A Girl!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we continue this thread or retire it at the 500 page mark?

Continue
48%
Retire
52%

Total votes : 347

Costa Fierro
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:04 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Not hate. You just have unrealistic expectations.

I wouldn't call them unrealistic, just high. Men today don't operate as efficiently as they should, often times shirking their duties as husbands, fathers, and workers.

Big yikes. It's not shirking responsibilities, because there are no inherent responsibilities. There's no responsibility as a man to engage in any of those things in the same way there's no responsibility for women to engage in similar things, and any perceived responsibilities are subjective, not objective.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Sundiata wrote:
Says the guy posting on an Internet forum instead of doing any of those things instead. :roll:

Not living up to those standards is hypocrisy you know.

Not only is it possible to be right and a hypocrite its possible to fulfill your duties and post on an internet forum. You are wrong and it wouldn't matter if you weren't. He's making terrible arguments you should not be having difficulty knocking them down.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:10 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I wouldn't call them unrealistic, just high. Men today don't operate as efficiently as they should, often times shirking their duties as husbands, fathers, and workers.

Big yikes. It's not shirking responsibilities, because there are no inherent responsibilities. There's no responsibility as a man to engage in any of those things in the same way there's no responsibility for women to engage in similar things, and any perceived responsibilities are subjective, not objective.

God forbid men are more than for just breeding, taking care of their female breeders, and being a slave to a corporation.
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I wouldn't call them unrealistic, just high. Men today don't operate as efficiently as they should, often times shirking their duties as husbands, fathers, and workers.

I completely disagree, while there are choices between the activities we choose, our objective responsibilities do not cease to exist because we are ignorant of them or choose to ignore them. The same applies to all people, men and women.

However, men specifically have duties as fathers (biological, adoptive, or spiritual), husbands, and workers.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:16 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Costa Fierro wrote:

God forbid men are more than for just breeding, taking care of their female breeders, and being a slave to a corporation.

The purpose of doing all of these things is to love God.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:17 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

The purpose of doing all of these things is to love God.

If only you were in a position of religious authority in order to make such bold, shitty proclamations. :roll:

Are you the new Anti-Pope or something?

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:19 pm

The Rich Port wrote:

Says the guy posting on an Internet forum instead of doing any of those things instead. :roll:

I do.

I work and I'm open to marriage and fatherhood.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:21 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

I do.

2 out of 3 ain't great.

You must not really love God if you're not already married and have fathered a child.

See how recommendations and ideals don't always work too well as a mandate? :roll:

... Also. You're a fucking Catholic.

Catholic priests don't necessarily work, and they take vows of CELIBACY.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:23 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Sundiata wrote:The purpose of doing all of these things is to love God.

If only you were in a position of religious authority in order to make such bold, shitty proclamations. :roll:

Are you the new Anti-Pope or something?

No, I am a member of the Catholic Church who practices my faith through the prelature of Opus Dei.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:29 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I do.

2 out of 3 ain't great.

You must not really love God if you're not already married and have fathered a child.

See how recommendations and ideals don't always work too well as a mandate? :roll:

Priests work as priests and they are spiritual fathers, not biological ones.

I love God and you're right, there's a lot more I could be doing in my day to day life to be a good husband and father (biological or adoptive). I am trying though even if my efforts aren't as good as they could be. That said, Opus Dei is a big support to me in this endeavor.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:37 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
2 out of 3 ain't great.

I love God and you're right, there's a lot more I could be doing in my day to day life to be a good husband and father (biological or adoptive). I am trying though even if my efforts aren't as good as they could be. That said, Opus Dei is a big support to me in this endeavor.

Moving the goalposts, nice.

MFW I'm a better member of Opus Dei than you and I'm not even in Opus Dei, nor a Catholic.

Then again, I expected nothing less than elitist posturing from a group who thinks defending sexual misconduct is "sanctifying".

https://cruxnow.com/vatican/2020/07/opu ... for-abuse/

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:47 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Priests work as priests and they are spiritual fathers, not biological ones.

MFW I'm a better member of Opus Dei than you and I'm not even in Opus Dei, nor a Catholic.

Then again, I expected nothing less than elitist posturing from a group who thinks defending sexual misconduct is "sanctifying".

I'm not an elitist and Opus Dei does not defend such conduct.

With respect to marriage and fatherhood, I sincerely have a lot of work to do to meet the standard that Christ put in place for men like myself who aren't called to the priesthood or the celibate life. Hence, in relation to feminism, that means treating women with the utmost respect. That means serving my community, that means forming a family of my own and providing for them.

All of that said, I have a lot of work to do and need to be more efficient just like most men.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:53 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

With respect to marriage and fatherhood, I sincerely have a lot of work to do to meet the standard that Christ put in place for men like myself who aren't called to the priesthood or the celibate life. Hence, in relation to feminism, that means treating women with the utmost respect. That means serving my community, that means forming a family of my own and providing for them.

All of that said, I have a lot of work to do and need to be more efficient just like most men.

Except they literally did. Says right there. :roll: But hey what's a few million dollars between a priest and some children, I guess.

>I have to go now, my [church] needs me. Note: Opus Dei died on the way back to Chile to defend more pedophiles.

Yeah, OK buddy, now you're too busy. Also jeez my memes need some work. Poochie would be disappointed.
Last edited by The Rich Port on Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:25 pm

The Rich Port wrote:Yeah, OK buddy, now you're too busy. Also jeez my memes need some work. Poochie would be disappointed.

I'm speaking generally, it's not an easy thing to live up to the standard of Christ but it's certainly not something to be given up. That doesn't make me an elitist.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:29 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:Yeah, OK buddy, now you're too busy. Also jeez my memes need some work. Poochie would be disappointed.

I'm speaking generally, it's not an easy thing to live up to the standard of Christ but it's certainly not something to be given up. That doesn't make me an elitist.

No what makes you an elitist is holding other people to a standard not even you can live up to and aren't even halfway through.

Also, I thought you said you were busy. :roll:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Marxist Germany wrote:
New haven america wrote:You know, I've noticed a somewhat... strange, or disturbing trend. And that's that a lot of women, not all but a lot, still conflate or mix up femininity and weakness, whether they realize it or not. (Even ardent female and male feminists can be seen exhibiting this behavior)

Like height is probably the most trendy example ATM. The guy has to be taller because the woman with this "Preference" wants to feel: Smaller, tinier, more protected, weaker, etc... or in other words, what is expected of "Femininity" and female gender roles and expectations. Same can be applied to education, age, work, sex, etc... The guy has to have higher education, be older, make more money, be more sexually experienced, etc...

This could also explain why the positivity towards benevolent sexism (For those who don't know or are interested: Sexism directed towards a sex/gender that works in their favor not being a gender/sex is more capable, but because the target gender/sex is seen as weaker or less competent. Think of men having to pay all the bills on a date), while having a negative or hostile opinion towards egalitarian behavior. Often even conflating the 2 so that benevolent sexism is seen as equality while egalitarian behavior is seen as sexism.

Again, I have to throw up the flare of "Not all Women" as there are plenty of example where this is not the case, however, enough do it to be seen as a problematic trend. And tbh, if that is the case like I theorize and worry it is, that's kinda sad.

You can look at this from multiple lenses too, like a feminist lens might see it as a form of internalized misogyny for example.

This "trend" has existed for tens of thousands of years and traces its roots in biological conditioning as women have always relied on men to provide for and protect them and their children. "Internalised misogyny" is biological reality.

That's nice, but we haven't lived in an era where men need to provide and protect for hundreds of years.

So no.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:06 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:
2 out of 3 ain't great.

Well then why are you posting on a forum instead of making a Christian Mingle account?

Come on, get a move on, lead by example.
Last edited by New haven america on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:16 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Sundiata wrote:I'm speaking generally, it's not an easy thing to live up to the standard of Christ but it's certainly not something to be given up. That doesn't make me an elitist.

No what makes you an elitist is holding other people to a standard not even you can live up to and aren't even halfway through.

Also, I thought you said you were busy. :roll:

Not busy.

To elaborate, the standard is universal and not my own; it doesn't just apply to others, but also myself. It's a high one, and it's better to try to maintain a high standard than give up.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:21 pm

New haven america wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Priests work as priests and they are spiritual fathers, not biological ones.

Well then why are you posting on a forum instead of making a Christian Mingle account?

Come on, get a move on, lead by example.

Opus Dei does enough for its members in this respect.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Is it too much to ask that everyone just treat people as people? Drop the labels and ideologies and think about it for a second. What do we want? Plenty of feminists/MRAs/whoever else always talk and defame and stuff, but have we taken time to think about what the goal is? For a lot of us, the goal is a free and equal society. Where we differ is in what we consider society to be like now, whether we have achieved freedom or equality, and how we will get there if we haven't.

I'm going to offer my opinions. I don't think we have achieved freedom or equality, but I'm not about to draw lines in the sand over who is in the right or the wrong. I don't know anything about this oppression or internalized whatnot, but I know a decent human being and a less than decent human being when I see one. My idea for a free and equal society is quite obvious. Dismantle capitalism and magically handwave away any problems that haven't been solved through the magic of communism. :p
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:41 pm

So, something I wanted to bring up for y'all.

About the Vtuber Revolution XD

I honestly don't understand the "feminist" backlash against Vtubers.

Judging from what I have seen of other female streamers, Vtubers aren't only better at the games they play, but in the end it doesn't really matter because they have more personality and are much nicer and chiller to their fans and even their detractors.

Me and my boyfriend love Vtubers (with Korone and Amelia Watson being our favs :lol: ) and we honestly don't get it.

While I get the feeling even NationStates doesn't get it and loves Vtubers too, I also get the feeling there's always at least one person who is against for some silly reason and I wanna know!

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Knica Eas
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Knica Eas » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:41 pm

Sundiata wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:

I find this truly admirable.

Nilrahrarfan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nilrahrarfan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:43 pm

The Rich Port wrote:So, something I wanted to bring up for y'all.

Judging from what I have seen of other female streamers, Vtubers aren't only better at the games they play, but in the end it doesn't really matter because they have more personality and are much nicer and chiller to their fans and even their detractors.

Me and my boyfriend love Vtubers (with Korone and Amelia Watson being our favs :lol: ) and we honestly don't get it.

While I get the feeling even NationStates doesn't get it and loves Vtubers too, I also get the feeling there's always at least one person who is against for some silly reason and I wanna know!

Same reason they don't like Uzaki-Chan: Likely Anti-Japanese Racism. They're still living in World War II.
Master of Puppets on Nationstates
Favorite forum: Moderation

✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
Supports: Fascism, National Anarchism, Storms, Atheism, Dictatorship, Alt-Right, The Supreme Authority, Kekistan, Metal/Classical Music, Moderation Forum, Taking Guns from Antifa
Opposes: Monarchy, Sunshine and Rainbows, SJW's, Religion (Unless Katrina's the one being worshipped), Jihadism, Environmentalism, Direct Democracy, Democratic Socialism, Autotuned Pop Music, Antifa

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Postby The Rich Port » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:48 pm

Nilrahrarfan wrote:
The Rich Port wrote:So, something I wanted to bring up for y'all.

Same reason they don't like Uzaki-Chan: Likely Anti-Japanese Racism. They're still living in World War II.

I actually sincerely doubt that's the actual reason. Opposition to Uzaki-chan was also localized heavily in Japan, with claims of pedophilic design of the character... Which, yeah, make no sense, but that's why we research and ask questions, dumb as they are.

From what I understand about opposition to Vtubers, they believe Vtubers will destroy the landscape of female streamers and YouTubers via saturation and an unrealistic standard of female beauty.

Considering that a lot of the Vtubers are some kind of non-human humanoid creature such as a dog girl or a shark girl or a dragon girl... I mean they're not wrong but they're wrong for a different reason. :rofl:

The Alt-Right Playbook
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Nilrahrarfan
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 02, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nilrahrarfan » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:51 pm

The Rich Port wrote:
Nilrahrarfan wrote:Same reason they don't like Uzaki-Chan: Likely Anti-Japanese Racism. They're still living in World War II.

I actually sincerely doubt that's the actual reason. Opposition to Uzaki-chan was also localized heavily in Japan, with claims of pedophilic design of the character... Which, yeah, make no sense, but that's why we research and ask questions, dumb as they are.

From what I understand about opposition to Vtubers, they believe Vtubers will destroy the landscape of female streamers and YouTubers via saturation and an unrealistic standard of female beauty.

Considering that a lot of the Vtubers are some kind of non-human humanoid creature such as a dog girl or a shark girl or a dragon girl... I mean they're not wrong but they're wrong for a different reason. :rofl:

There's a summary for that
"Can lead to paranoia that perfectly normal activities (such as a completely innocent Intergenerational Friendship or even normal parent-child affection) could be misinterpreted as pedophilia."
"The hysteria leads to people taking the issue less seriously, making it easier for real pedophiles to get away with it."
Source: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... /PaedoHunt
Master of Puppets on Nationstates
Favorite forum: Moderation

✠ (Put this in your Signature if you are a Fascist Nation!)
Supports: Fascism, National Anarchism, Storms, Atheism, Dictatorship, Alt-Right, The Supreme Authority, Kekistan, Metal/Classical Music, Moderation Forum, Taking Guns from Antifa
Opposes: Monarchy, Sunshine and Rainbows, SJW's, Religion (Unless Katrina's the one being worshipped), Jihadism, Environmentalism, Direct Democracy, Democratic Socialism, Autotuned Pop Music, Antifa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General