NATION

PASSWORD

The NationStates Feminism Thread IV: Fight Like A Girl!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should we continue this thread or retire it at the 500 page mark?

Continue
48%
Retire
52%

Total votes : 347

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Hurt people hurt people. You ever hear that saying before? A person can have a psychopath's brain and still not hurt others.

Yeah but the way you guys and liberals manage it won’t be effective in controlling sociopathy. “Have a psychopath’s brain” = “being psychologically psychopathic”. Even if such a person due to heavy religious intervention or liberal social work does actually not act psychopathologically the problem is probably inheritable.
Even people with ASPD have human dignity. A system of laws, courts, and law enforcement is the most reasonable way to stop rape and violence.

Executing everyone accused of rape is ludicrous. Everyone deserves a fair trial.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:01 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Yeah but the way you guys and liberals manage it won’t be effective in controlling sociopathy. “Have a psychopath’s brain” = “being psychologically psychopathic”. Even if such a person due to heavy religious intervention or liberal social work does actually not act psychopathologically the problem is probably inheritable.
Even people with ASPD have human dignity. A system of laws, courts, and law enforcement is the most reasonable way to stop rape and violence.

Executing everyone accused of rape is ludicrous. Everyone deserves a fair trial.

Of course I believe in due process. However I also believe in controlling psychopathy reproductively. Certain genes probably shouldn’t be passed on to the next generation without getting edited. How that should be done without causing statism is more interesting.

Maybe there should be some kind of crime insurance. One who is genetically more susceptible to crime will have to pay more. That would encourage couples to go through genetic editing if their potential offspring could be prone to disorders such as psychopathy.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:03 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Even people with ASPD have human dignity. A system of laws, courts, and law enforcement is the most reasonable way to stop rape and violence.

Of course I believe in due process. However I also believe in controlling psychopathy reproductively.

No to eugenics.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:04 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Of course I believe in due process. However I also believe in controlling psychopathy reproductively.

No to eugenics.

It needs to be voluntary but we do need to strongly encourage genetic cure for psychopathy once it is available.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:07 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:I believe in sterilization of rapists and abortion of products of rape, not reforming them.

We shouldn't sterilize people.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:08 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:I believe in sterilization of rapists and abortion of products of rape, not reforming them.

We shouldn't sterilize people.

Then you are never going to seriously reduce crime. Crime reduction is often not a very moralistic process in case you wonder. In Europe the process is pretty well-documented. West Europeans have become very peaceful because of extremely harsh laws that included execution for certain forms of theft that even applied to children which was a strong selection pressure. Of course in China and likely agricultural Northeast Asia in general the evolutionary purge was even more complete. They did execute relatives of people who have committed very serious crimes.

It’s things such as execution, abortion, long-term incarceration and pollution reduction that reduced crime, not moralism.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:10 pm

Kowani wrote:this may be the stupidest argument i've read all day
and i watched a tankie defend gulags

Damn thing needs a like button.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:16 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:It’s things such as execution, abortion, long-term incarceration and pollution reduction that reduced crime, not moralism.

Have you thought about impact of long-term incarceration and execution on innocent people?

The state isn't perfect. When you abandon moral considerations you get the ugliest horrors of human history.

Ending the holocaust took moralism.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:19 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:It’s things such as execution, abortion, long-term incarceration and pollution reduction that reduced crime, not moralism.

Have you thought about impact of long-term incarceration and execution on innocent people?

The state isn't perfect. When you abandon moral considerations you get the ugliest horrors of human history.

Yes.

So I think we agree that we are not going to really seriously end rape since what’s effective often has very high social costs.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:25 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Have you thought about impact of long-term incarceration and execution on innocent people?

Yes.

So I think we agree that we are not going to really seriously end rape.

Well, you can think that but I still believe that you can protect the innocent at the same time you preserve human rights.

If you sincerely care about these issues there's plenty of organizations you can support to combat rape, domestic violence, and other forms of abuse.

I implore you to do that because everyone needs help sometimes.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:27 pm

This argument is restricting the only brain cell I have left from reaching the desired destination and state of mitosis.

The others left during Neko's first argument, but Sun and Neko? I weep.
Last edited by New haven america on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:34 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Sundiata wrote:Have you thought about impact of long-term incarceration and execution on innocent people?

Yes.

So I think we agree that we are not going to really seriously end rape since what’s effective often has very high social costs.

It's not effective to execute and sterilize innocent people. People have dignity and everyone deserves a shot at a good life.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Sundiata wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Yes.

It's not effective to execute and sterilize innocent people. People have dignity and everyone deserves a shot at a good life.

It is effective if the only issue you care about is crime reduction. However that doesn’t make it right.

We have to admit that sterilizing people for simply being genetically predisposed to rape is China-like and such policies can indeed lead to China. China happens precisely because almost all decisions are made in this manner.

Thanks for your correction!
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Founded: May 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:53 pm

same, instead of "stalin did nothing wrong" it's "rape is favored by evolution" smh my head
bad reply? a random criminal/civilian will be sent to SweatshopvilleTM. To date, 63+ have been sent. stonks for apotheosis 2024
pronouns i keep in my washed pasta sauce jars: she, they, he; hedonism is based
according to legend, i once wrote:agender mars-colony automated decadent libertarian anti-statist degrowth

*juggling vials of covid vaccine* come get yall's juice

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:54 pm

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:

same, instead of "stalin did nothing wrong" it's "rape is favored by evolution" smh my head

You do realize the key difference here, right?

Is X morally right because it is favored by evolution? Does evolution determine what’s moral and what’s immoral? No. It is very obvious that I have never justified rape. Does a phenomenon have to be rationally impossible to explain to be morally abhorrent? No? It’s pretty interesting that most humans prefer evil to be impossible to understand as if that’s a virtue.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:54 pm

Rape is always the rapist's fault. The best thing that can be done to stop rape is to stop people from raping. There are a lot of things we can do to stop rape.

We'e got to improve the manner in which people, especially women are perceived. If we praised men who were respectful of women and stopped adding to a culture that regularly objectifies and belittles women, then we could slowly start to fix the world we've got.

For example, it's not cool to joke about rape. It's not cool joke about sexual assault. Recognize that men also get raped. We need to encourage everyone not to be ashamed or afraid for cooperating with lawful authorities on this subject.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:55 pm

aaand of course it ends with eugenics. why the fuck not.
bad reply? a random criminal/civilian will be sent to SweatshopvilleTM. To date, 63+ have been sent. stonks for apotheosis 2024
according to legend, i once wrote:agender mars-colony automated decadent libertarian anti-statist degrowth

Feyre
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Feminism Thread Appreciation

Postby Feyre » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:56 pm

HI, so glad to see this thread, I enjoy seeing spaces like this where civil discussions are encouraged!

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:56 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:same, instead of "stalin did nothing wrong" it's "rape is favored by evolution" smh my head

Is X morally right because it is favored by evolution? Does evolution determine what’s moral and what’s immoral? No. It is very obvious that I have never justified rape. Does a phenomenon have to be rationally impossible to explain to be morally abhorrent? No?

you justify rape and take the blame off of the rapist by saying "rape is favored by evolution".

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:57 pm

Feyre wrote:HI, so glad to see this thread, I enjoy seeing spaces like this where civil discussions are encouraged!

are you reading the thread right now?

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:58 pm

mitosis
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Wink Wonk We Like Stonks
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Wink Wonk We Like Stonks » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:59 pm

New haven america wrote:mitosis

based and cellpilled.

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:08 pm

New haven america wrote:This argument is restricting the only brain cell I have left from reaching the desired destination and state of mitosis.

The others left during Neko's first argument, but Sun and Neko? I weep.

You don't have to agree with me but I take serious objection to the implication that rape is ever favorable or justifiable in any circumstance.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:25 pm

[quote="Wink Wonk We Like Stonks";p="38053056"][quote="Nekostan-e Gharbi";p="38053048"]

Is X morally right because it is favored by evolution? Does evolution determine what’s moral and what’s immoral? No. It is very obvious that I have never justified rape. Does a phenomenon have to be rationally impossible to explain to be morally abhorrent? No?[/quote]
you justify rape and take the blame off of the rapist by saying "rape is favored by evolution".[/quote]

Yeah as usual evil must be rationally unexplainable or it will be justified. Does that make any sense?

Did you read what you just quoted, namely “Is X morally right because it is favored by evolution?” Does evolution actually determine what’s moral? No? Since evolution does not determine what’s moral how exactly did I justify rape by providing a possible evolutionary cause?

What’s particularly absurd is that we don’t actually disagree. Yet most people simply can not get over is != ought to. Does evil have to be uncaused? Does explaining what it is make it less serious?
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:30 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Wink Wonk We Like Stonks wrote:same, instead of "stalin did nothing wrong" it's "rape is favored by evolution" smh my head

Is X morally right because it is favored by evolution? Does evolution determine what’s moral and what’s immoral? No. It is very obvious that I have never justified rape. Does a phenomenon have to be rationally impossible to explain to be morally abhorrent? No? It’s pretty interesting that most humans prefer evil to be impossible to understand as if that’s a virtue.

I'm emphasizing how bad rape is and what can be done about it because I'm just as worried as you that someone is being raped and/or will be raped again. I see the same injustice and corruption that you do.

But when we violate the rights of another, even the worst of us we become just like them. As much as I hate crime, I admit that people often commit crimes for depraved and desperate reasons. That said, let's not give any predator any possible reason. Reckless brutality is not the answer. Let's make our system more fair and less broken.
Last edited by Sundiata on Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-St. Josemaria Escriva

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General