NATION

PASSWORD

Erdogan turns Ayasofya museum into a place of worship

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should the Ayasofya museum be opened for worship ?

Yes
19%
No
72%
Unstable
9%

Total votes : 177

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:56 am

i share solidarity with neighbor people, not their regents. the present ‘appeasement’ politics toward turks and egyptians rulers is a ruin.

german and italian institutions, respectively, substain hostile regimes because of short gross affairs, and so they dig theirselves in conflict.

despotic rulers not trustable, and will turn against us for sure.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:23 am

The opening of Ayasofya is a blow to the Treaty of Lozan. Political Islamists have forgotten the courts of İstiklâl, but soon those who carry the sword of secularism will remind them. we will clear the ignorance from turkey
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:20 am

Interesting how the Hagia Sophia has just been transformed into an exclusively Muslim place of worship and life carries on as usual, but if a single Jew so much as prays at the Temple Mount, millions of people across the Muslim world throw an epic temper-tantrum, riot, and pogrom Christians and other minorities because they are unable to accept that some of their so-called holy sites were never exclusively or originally theirs in the first place. From a religious perspective, this has always been about conquest and absolute Muslim supremacy over inferior dhimmi infidels like us. What these Muslim supremacists need to realize is that the whole world doesn't revolve around their every whim and that there are those who are prepared to resist their bullshit at all costs.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:41 am

Crowds gathered in Istanbul as the historic Hagia Sophia site opened for Friday prayers for the first time since Turkish authorities ruled it could be converted into a mosque.

Clerics in white robes sang from the Koran. Mosaics and frescoes of Jesus and Mary were draped with curtains.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53506445

Thus begins the whitewashing of the history of the Hagia Sophia...
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:11 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:Interesting how the Hagia Sophia has just been transformed into an exclusively Muslim place of worship and life carries on as usual, but if a single Jew so much as prays at the Temple Mount, millions of people across the Muslim world throw an epic temper-tantrum, riot, and pogrom Christians and other minorities because they are unable to accept that some of their so-called holy sites were never exclusively or originally theirs in the first place. From a religious perspective, this has always been about conquest and absolute Muslim supremacy over inferior dhimmi infidels like us. What these Muslim supremacists need to realize is that the whole world doesn't revolve around their every whim and that there are those who are prepared to resist their bullshit at all costs.

"Do as I say, not as I do"
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Phoenicaea
Ambassador

Founded: May 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Phoenicaea » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:39 am

i support _Hakinda Herseyi Duimak Istiorum, if not for abruptly difficult name to copy paste.
Last edited by Phoenicaea on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:41 am, edited 3 times in total.

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:15 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reu ... SKCN24O12E

Now France is calling on Turkey to be sanctioned by the EU for Turkey’s violation of Greek maritime zones.
Erdogan is on a roll, pissing off pretty much everyone.

Turkey is really becoming a pariah State.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

The Islands of Versilia
Minister

Founded: Feb 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Islands of Versilia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:18 am

Novus America wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24O12E

Now France is calling on Turkey to be sanctioned by the EU for Turkey’s violation of Greek maritime zones.

Here’s hoping NATO and Europe has the balls to properly punish Turkey and scare Russia off from inviting Turkey into the arms of the “Motherland”. Turkey’s been increasingly drawn towards Russia and Turkey needs to learn its place IMO.
STÓRRIKIT VÆRSLAND
FactbooksThemesThe User

Palaeolithic and Bronze Age-inspired FanT-MT civilization of humans and vampiresque hominins living peacefully together in a habitable Greenland presided over by a semi-elective phylarchic monarchy with an A S C E N D E D vampiric hominin from Georgia as queen.
Rate me as Prime Minister

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:20 am

The Islands of Versilia wrote:
Novus America wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN24O12E

Here’s hoping NATO and Europe has the balls to properly punish Turkey and scare Russia off from inviting Turkey into the arms of the “Motherland”. Turkey’s been increasingly drawn towards Russia and Turkey needs to learn its place IMO.

Eh, a Turkish Russian alliance would have major hurdles to over come.

Regardless, so long as NATO can use Turkey to control the Dardanelles and as such keep Russian naval power penned in the Black Sea they’re going to get a large amount of leeway.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:34 am

We will not leave Cyprus to EOKA terrorists.The plan to transform Ayasofya into a mosque is an American project (political islam) Which state making peace with the taliban in Afghanistan ?

Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:45 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:

We will not leave Cyprus to EOKA terrorists.The plan to transform Ayasofya into a mosque is an American project (political islam) Which state making peace with the taliban in Afghanistan ?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, but Trump despite all his flaws has nothing to do with this.

But he the “Blue Homeland” illegal maritime claims and the Hagia Sofia mess are all parts of Erdogan’s ultranat provocations to distract the populace from the economic problems and corruption.

And are only earning Turkey more and more enemies while driving away its friends.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:51 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:We will not leave Cyprus to EOKA terrorists.

You mean the illegal invasion and occupation of part of Cyprus by Turkey? :roll:
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:58 am

Novus America wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:We will not leave Cyprus to EOKA terrorists.The plan to transform Ayasofya into a mosque is an American project (political islam) Which state making peace with the taliban in Afghanistan ?

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean, but Trump despite all his flaws has nothing to do with this.

But he the “Blue Homeland” illegal maritime claims and the Hagia Sofia mess are all parts of Erdogan’s ultranat provocations to distract the populace from the economic problems and corruption.

And are only earning Turkey more and more enemies while driving away its friends.
I wish you could understand me, blue homeland with Ayasofya is not one. does not care about blue homeland and islam, erdogan thinks only of himself (you don't understand this)

The New California Republic wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:We will not leave Cyprus to EOKA terrorists.

You mean the illegal invasion and occupation of part of Cyprus by Turkey? :roll:
Investigate the bloody Christmas massacre
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:02 am

The New California Republic wrote:You mean the illegal invasion and occupation of part of Cyprus by Turkey? :roll:

I'm aware of it but none of which makes my statement incorrect.

Wave on, wave on

Novus America
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:03 am

Novus America wrote:

I wish you could understand me, blue homeland with Ayasofya is not one. does not care about blue homeland and islam, erdogan thinks only of himself (you don't understand this)

The New California Republic wrote:You mean the illegal invasion and occupation of part of Cyprus by Turkey? :roll:

They are both part of Erdogan’s ultranat chest thumping. Sure Erdogan only thinks of Erdogan, “Blue Homeland” and the Hagia Sofia stuff are just political posturing to distract the populace.
Sure the Islamism is to appeal to rural Islamists while the “Blue Homeland” crap appeals to the left secular nationalists as well, but that is just trying to broaden his base a bit.

Bread and circuses. But he has run out of bread so decided to dial the circus up to 11.

This is a common trend amongst authoritarian regimes. They can often make more dramatic economic interventions/reforms/domestic investments than a democratic regime.
Thus usually get a decade, maybe even two or three of significant economic growth at least on paper. And big infrastructure projects.

Unfortunately due to inability to listen to constructive criticism, corruption and cronyism, and diminishing returns from unsustainable and unbalanced debt driven investments means the growth does not keep up forever.

Bread is the promise of economic growth, circuses ultranat chest thumping and aggression.

Once the bread runs out, as it has in Turkey they dial up the circuses, becoming increasingly aggressive and reckless.

Usually the circus phase usually is near the end, and sees them implode.
Last edited by Novus America on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Baltenstein
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 25, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltenstein » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:34 pm

Why so modest? That territory is way too small, here's a map with the actual rightful Turkish homeland:

The Russian-Turkish alliance that Erdogan likes to pretend is a viable alternative to the West would mostly consist of Putin bitch-slapping Erdogan into submission whenever he sees fit. Sure, Russia may throw Turkey a bone from time to time, like selling out the Kurds of Afrin or delivering the S-400 rockets, but on most gepolitical issues (Syria, Libya, Caucasus) the two are on firmly opposing sides and Russia won't hesitate to use hard power to enforce its will, against Turkey if need be.
Also, even on a personal level, Putin probably wouldn't tolerate half the brutish posturing that Erdogan likes to pull towards EU nations - here's a nice little snippet of Putin humiliating him on-camera for Russian state TV.

Bread is the promise of economic growth, circuses ultranat chest thumping and aggression.

Once the bread runs out, as it has in Turkey they dial up the circuses, becoming increasingly aggressive and reckless.

Usually the circus phase usually is near the end, and sees them implode.

Erdogan's most recent behavior reminds me somewhat of the Argentine military junta in its latter stages. He knows that should he ever lose power he and his clan would be forced to take a one-way flight to Qatar on the very same day, so I can see him pondering a Falklands sort-of scenario to avert this. Not full-scale war with Greece of course, but something like seizing the island of Kastellorizo in a swift fait accomplit action.

Ironically, increasing domesting issues and diminishing public support was also what drove the Greek military junta to try and enforce Enosis.
Last edited by Baltenstein on Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
O'er the hills and o'er the main.
Through Flanders, Portugal and Spain.
King George commands and we obey.
Over the hills and far away.

THE NORTH REMEMBERS

Free Republic of Hong Kong
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republic of Hong Kong » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:06 am

I am muslim and this is rather an populist act.Not Islam but populist act to hold jn the power.But the opposition from Turkey is weak.No protests or riots.This means Erdogan and his AKP will stay in power for longer and making Turkey into another Russia
HKTV News = An terrorist affliated with Tupeia bombs National Tower killing 154 people and 677 injured NTV News = Communist Alliance leader Kwok Wan sentenced to exile due to treason, SBC News = First free and fair elections held in Sichuan, estimates Zhao Waofang from SDP will win

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:49 am

political islam is as dangerous as Megali Idea >:(
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

SatoSere
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SatoSere » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:52 am

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:I am muslim and this is rather an populist act.Not Islam but populist act to hold jn the power.But the opposition from Turkey is weak.No protests or riots.This means Erdogan and his AKP will stay in power for longer and making Turkey into another Russia

Same opinion from me, another Muslim. I think this was done to distract the Turkish people from the economic situation of Turkey.
The Immortal Pristine Revolutionary State of Ukraine
SUMMARY: An autocratic technocratic "utopia" with the best architecture and environment in the world, paid by the freedom of citizens.
What do we have to offer? A magnificent timeless architecture, weather-altering BS machines, a pristine environment, a strong military, and a death toll of 10 million from our concentration camps and bloody wars.
FOR EVERY BAD REPLY, A POLITICAL OPPONENT WILL BE SENT TO CHERNOBYL. 13 sent (don't get offended if you get chernobyl'd 'tis just a joke)

У К Р А Ї Н А Н О М Е Р О Д И Н У С В І Т О В О М У Щ А С Т І | П Р О К Л Я Т А З О Б Р А Ж Е Н Н Я | С Л А В А Л Е Г І О Н У С Е Р Е Н И
Q&A here another acc: HXVZ-07031017

Vistulange
Negotiator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Vistulange » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:56 am

Free Republic of Hong Kong wrote:I am muslim and this is rather an populist act.Not Islam but populist act to hold jn the power.But the opposition from Turkey is weak.No protests or riots.This means Erdogan and his AKP will stay in power for longer and making Turkey into another Russia

The reason there aren't protests or riots is because the Turkish public at large doesn't exactly like it when there are riots. The opposition, while it could be far, far better, is actually getting its act together. The local elections in 2018 and the re-run in Istanbul in 2019 are examples.
SatoSere wrote:

Same opinion from me, another Muslim. I think this was done to distract the Turkish people from the economic situation of Turkey.

Exactly due to this, the opposition has a chance, because it simultaneously controls the country's major municipalities.

Nuroblav
Minister

Founded: Nov 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuroblav » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:00 am

I mean, it's Erdogan: of course he would.

Yeah if the people aren't happy about this (are they), then this probably isn't the best idea.
Your NS mutualist(?), individualist, metalhead and all-round...err...human. TG if you have any questions about my political or musical views.

Economic Left/Right: -4.75, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -9.03

\m/ METAL IS BASED \m/

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:06 am

Vistulange wrote:

The reason there aren't protests or riots is because the Turkish public at large doesn't exactly like it when there are riots. The opposition, while it could be far, far better, is actually getting its act together. The local elections in 2018 and the re-run in Istanbul in 2019 are examples.
SatoSere wrote:Same opinion from me, another Muslim. I think this was done to distract the Turkish people from the economic situation of Turkey.

Exactly due to this, the opposition has a chance, because it simultaneously controls the country's major municipalities.
What will happen if political Islam wins in the 2023 elections ? Atatürk's soldiers must be on the streets in 2023
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Fortisinunum
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fortisinunum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:07 am

A museum into a place of worship? Oh no
No idea what ideology this is supposed to be but oh well

Pro: Small economy regulations, authoritarianism, kemalism, tridemism, unitary state, labour unions, nationalism, autarky

Anti: Unregulated free market capitalism, communism, racism, anarchism

SatoSere
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SatoSere » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:18 am

Vistulange wrote:The reason there aren't protests or riots is because the Turkish public at large doesn't exactly like it when there are riots. The opposition, while it could be far, far better, is actually getting its act together. The local elections in 2018 and the re-run in Istanbul in 2019 are examples.

What will happen if political Islam wins in the 2023 elections ? Atatürk's soldiers must be on the streets in 2023

It was a move from Erdogan to appease the Muslims but I think so far it failed. Our brethren won't get scammed by this populist move, lol
The Immortal Pristine Revolutionary State of Ukraine
SUMMARY: An autocratic technocratic "utopia" with the best architecture and environment in the world, paid by the freedom of citizens.
What do we have to offer? A magnificent timeless architecture, weather-altering BS machines, a pristine environment, a strong military, and a death toll of 10 million from our concentration camps and bloody wars.
FOR EVERY BAD REPLY, A POLITICAL OPPONENT WILL BE SENT TO CHERNOBYL. 13 sent (don't get offended if you get chernobyl'd 'tis just a joke)

У К Р А Ї Н А Н О М Е Р О Д И Н У С В І Т О В О М У Щ А С Т І | П Р О К Л Я Т А З О Б Р А Ж Е Н Н Я | С Л А В А Л Е Г І О Н У С Е Р Е Н И
Q&A here another acc: HXVZ-07031017

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:46 am

Scary thoughts come to my mind. What happens if they try to turn the Göbeklitepe into a mosque ?
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General