NATION

PASSWORD

2020 US General Election Thread VII: Summer of Discontent

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Of All The Parties With 50+ Electoral Votes of Ballot Access, Which Party Do You Prefer?

Republicans
73
23%
Democrats
111
35%
Libertarians
24
8%
Greens
59
19%
Constitution Party
12
4%
Alliance Party
4
1%
Socialism and Liberation
31
10%
 
Total votes : 314

User avatar
The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 355
Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Genivaria wrote:GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party
So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slavery a century ago, so I'm totally sure he also wants to ban the Republican party since they are the ones actively defending the statues and the Confederacy TODAY. :roll:

More likely he's just being a troll who thinks he's making a point.


Such resolutions are actually routinely introduced with no intention of them ever becoming law.

Louie Gohmert is known for saying stupid things, but we shouldn't cast any asparagus on him for this.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 106763
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:29 pm

The Andromeda Island Group wrote:
Genivaria wrote:GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party
So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slavery a century ago, so I'm totally sure he also wants to ban the Republican party since they are the ones actively defending the statues and the Confederacy TODAY. :roll:

More likely he's just being a troll who thinks he's making a point.


Such resolutions are actually routinely introduced with no intention of them ever becoming law.

Louie Gohmert is known for saying stupid things, but we shouldn't cast any asparagus on him for this.

Do you think that if the bill were actually taken up, Gohmert would say, "No, no, just kidding, just kidding"?
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 31698
Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:30 pm

The Andromeda Island Group wrote:
Genivaria wrote:GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party
So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slavery a century ago, so I'm totally sure he also wants to ban the Republican party since they are the ones actively defending the statues and the Confederacy TODAY. :roll:

More likely he's just being a troll who thinks he's making a point.


Such resolutions are actually routinely introduced with no intention of them ever becoming law.

Louie Gohmert is known for saying stupid things, but we shouldn't cast any asparagus on him for this.

I desperately want this to be intentional, like fully intentional. Like, you know the word is aspersion and you even know how to spell it so spell check didn't fuck you but you decided to make 'casting asparagus' a thing because I agree.
Everything for the cat.

User avatar
Farnhamia
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 106763
Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:31 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
The Andromeda Island Group wrote:
Such resolutions are actually routinely introduced with no intention of them ever becoming law.

Louie Gohmert is known for saying stupid things, but we shouldn't cast any asparagus on him for this.

I desperately want this to be intentional, like fully intentional. Like, you know the word is aspersion and you even know how to spell it so spell check didn't fuck you but you decided to make 'casting asparagus' a thing because I agree.

Casting asparagus on Louie Gohmert seems like a waste of good vegetables.
Wash Your Damned Hands!

Freedom ... or cake. ~ Ashmoria (RIP)
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo

User avatar
Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10695
Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:40 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:Like, you know the word is aspersion and you even know how to spell it so spell check didn't fuck you but you decided to make 'casting asparagus' a thing because I agree.


It's old, like Three Stooges, 1944. Curly says "Are you casting asparagus on my cooking?"
Also, AiliAiliA
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

User avatar
The Andromeda Island Group
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 355
Founded: Oct 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Andromeda Island Group » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:30 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
The Andromeda Island Group wrote:
Such resolutions are actually routinely introduced with no intention of them ever becoming law.

Louie Gohmert is known for saying stupid things, but we shouldn't cast any asparagus on him for this.

I desperately want this to be intentional, like fully intentional. Like, you know the word is aspersion and you even know how to spell it so spell check didn't fuck you but you decided to make 'casting asparagus' a thing because I agree.


https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes ... -77-96.jpg

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 61238
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:06 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I desperately want this to be intentional, like fully intentional. Like, you know the word is aspersion and you even know how to spell it so spell check didn't fuck you but you decided to make 'casting asparagus' a thing because I agree.

Casting asparagus on Louie Gohmert seems like a waste of good vegetables.

As they are my most hated veggie I disagree
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 61238
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:08 am

Genivaria wrote:GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party
So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slavery a century ago, so I'm totally sure he also wants to ban the Republican party since they are the ones actively defending the statues and the Confederacy TODAY. :roll:

More likely he's just being a troll who thinks he's making a point.

He’s not a senator but a representative
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 61238
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:10 am

Cisairse wrote:EBO has a Senate map now

(Image)

Is the map for georgia for the regular seat or the special election?
Male, Titoist cultural nationalist, lives somewhere in the Deep South, give me any good Irish, Canadian, or Scottish whiskey and I will be your friend for life. I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
>Xovland: I keep getting ads for printer ink. Sometimes, when you get that feeling down there, you have to look at some steamy printer pictures.
Click for Da Funies
Click Here for RP Info Embassy Program
Ambassadors to the WA:
Ambassador to the GA Jon Æthr
Ambassador to the SC Eve Šanœ

RIP Dya

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46965
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:55 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Genivaria wrote:GOP's Gohmert introduces resolution that would ban the Democratic Party
So a Republican senator is trying to introduce a resolution to ban the Democratic Party based on the logic that since Confederatate statues are being taken down the Democratic Party should be banned because they supported slavery a century ago, so I'm totally sure he also wants to ban the Republican party since they are the ones actively defending the statues and the Confederacy TODAY. :roll:

More likely he's just being a troll who thinks he's making a point.

He’s not a senator but a representative

It would be nice too see him lose but sadly his district is probably too red

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10566
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:57 am

San Lumen wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:He’s not a senator but a representative

It would be nice too see him lose but sadly his district is probably too red

Reps of Gohmert's type typically come from safe R districts.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Gormwood
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14733
Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:18 am

GOP Sen. Tom Cotton pitches bill to prohibit use of federal funds to teach 1619 Project

Guy named Cotton trying to censor how slavery was an important part of American history.
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46965
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:32 am

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/polit ... 74042.html

David Lewis (R) the architect of North Carolina’s Voter ID law and redistricting will be resigning from the legislature. He had already won the primary therefore the Party will have to act quickly to replace his name on the ballot.

He drew lines so unfair that his party could get a majority of seats without getting the most votes. The entire state legislature is up for election this year
Last edited by San Lumen on Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
United States of Devonta
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6020
Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:54 am

Filled out my ballot for the Kansas Democratic Primary on August 4th and donated to Biden for the first time today!
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-One, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

User avatar
San Lumen
Post Czar
 
Posts: 46965
Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby San Lumen » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:56 am

United States of Devonta wrote:Filled out my ballot for the Kansas Democratic Primary on August 4th and donated to Biden for the first time today!

Congrats!!! I hope Kansas goes blue this year but I wont bet on it. As long as Kobach doesn’t win I will consider that a good thing

User avatar
United States of Devonta
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6020
Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:26 am

San Lumen wrote:
United States of Devonta wrote:Filled out my ballot for the Kansas Democratic Primary on August 4th and donated to Biden for the first time today!

Congrats!!! I hope Kansas goes blue this year but I wont bet on it. As long as Kobach doesn’t win I will consider that a good thing


It could go blue in regards to the senate. Especially if the Republicans nominate Kobach.
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-One, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

User avatar
South Odreria 2
Minister
 
Posts: 3101
Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Odreria 2 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:47 am

Gormwood wrote:GOP Sen. Tom Cotton pitches bill to prohibit use of federal funds to teach 1619 Project

Guy named Cotton trying to censor how slavery was an important part of American history.

Good on the massacre guy, 1619 is corporate bootlickers.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10566
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:39 am

Gormwood wrote:GOP Sen. Tom Cotton pitches bill to prohibit use of federal funds to teach 1619 Project

Guy named Cotton trying to censor how slavery was an important part of American history.

Tom Cotton is up there with Ted Cruz on how crazy a GOP senator can be.
social democracy, environmental protection, universal healthcare, free college, social equality, LGBT, pro-choice,
GOP, corporate socialism, Trump, neoconservatism, white supremacy, extreme political views, corruption

User avatar
Greater Miami Shores
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5885
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:08 am

Outer Sparta wrote:
Gormwood wrote:GOP Sen. Tom Cotton pitches bill to prohibit use of federal funds to teach 1619 Project

Guy named Cotton trying to censor how slavery was an important part of American history.

Tom Cotton is up there with Ted Cruz on how crazy a GOP senator can be.

It all depends on your political views, I like Tom Cotton and I love Ted Cruz. I hope Ted Cruz is a future US Republican President.
I always mean what I say. I will never report a fellow nation over an RP, unless they bait, flame and troll. I will never put any fellow nations on ignore for any personal or political reasons. I hate to see any fellow nations banned from NS forever, because we all love NS. I hate the culture we have on NS of reporting our fellow nations for anything we can think of to hurt our fellow nations. I will only report any nation I think might have broken an NS rule of decency against me. But even then, I have looked the other way many times, and I will look the other way many times. But If I think they went too far, I have no choice. I might report on the behalf of a person I think I owe a favor too. I count 748 characters or so including spaces.

User avatar
Ifreann
Post Overlord
 
Posts: 141589
Founded: Aug 07, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ifreann » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:23 am

South Odreria 2 wrote:
Gormwood wrote:GOP Sen. Tom Cotton pitches bill to prohibit use of federal funds to teach 1619 Project

Guy named Cotton trying to censor how slavery was an important part of American history.

Good on the massacre guy, 1619 is corporate bootlickers.

Surely the GOP would support corporate bootlickers.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Regular Thorough Handwashing For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Mask Wearing That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Social Distancing
He/Him

You've got a lonesome road to walk, and it ain't along the railroad track, and it ain't along the black-top tar you walked a hundred times before.
I'll tell you where the real road lies: between your ears, behind your eyes. That is the path to paradise, likewise the road to ruin.

User avatar
Greater Miami Shores
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5885
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:40 am

Ifreann wrote:
South Odreria 2 wrote:Good on the massacre guy, 1619 is corporate bootlickers.

Surely the GOP would support corporate bootlickers.

I think both the Republican Party and the Democratic Party have such supporters, but I would not use the word as described above. Yes, I did it again, both sides have it, both sides do it, and it is a logical, objective reality fact. As in like Spock the Vulcan from Star Trek, :) the original.
I always mean what I say. I will never report a fellow nation over an RP, unless they bait, flame and troll. I will never put any fellow nations on ignore for any personal or political reasons. I hate to see any fellow nations banned from NS forever, because we all love NS. I hate the culture we have on NS of reporting our fellow nations for anything we can think of to hurt our fellow nations. I will only report any nation I think might have broken an NS rule of decency against me. But even then, I have looked the other way many times, and I will look the other way many times. But If I think they went too far, I have no choice. I might report on the behalf of a person I think I owe a favor too. I count 748 characters or so including spaces.

User avatar
Heloin
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14791
Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Heloin » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:43 am

Greater Miami Shores wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:Tom Cotton is up there with Ted Cruz on how crazy a GOP senator can be.

It all depends on your political views, I like Tom Cotton and I love Ted Cruz. I hope Ted Cruz is a future US Republican President.

I refuse to believe anyone actually likes Ted Cruz.
I hope you meet the rabbit with the feather in her hat, the penny whistle girl with the orange colored cap.
Bells on her coat and a raggle taggle kind of grin, she'll teach you how to love if you believe in her


Free All Of Africa From Hate
Proudly Zimbabwean | Art Thread | Stand With Hong Kong | One Big Union | Zurk 2020 | Nobel Prize Winner

User avatar
Greater Miami Shores
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5885
Founded: Aug 06, 2010
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Greater Miami Shores » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:48 am

Heloin wrote:
Greater Miami Shores wrote:It all depends on your political views, I like Tom Cotton and I love Ted Cruz. I hope Ted Cruz is a future US Republican President.

I refuse to believe anyone actually likes Ted Cruz.

Well, I hate to have to tell you this, but there are many persons who like Ted Cruz and hope Ted Cruz is a future US Republican President, it is called Democracy and different personal, economic, political and social views, I think I am sure you agree with my explanation above, while you refuse to believe so.
I always mean what I say. I will never report a fellow nation over an RP, unless they bait, flame and troll. I will never put any fellow nations on ignore for any personal or political reasons. I hate to see any fellow nations banned from NS forever, because we all love NS. I hate the culture we have on NS of reporting our fellow nations for anything we can think of to hurt our fellow nations. I will only report any nation I think might have broken an NS rule of decency against me. But even then, I have looked the other way many times, and I will look the other way many times. But If I think they went too far, I have no choice. I might report on the behalf of a person I think I owe a favor too. I count 748 characters or so including spaces.

User avatar
The Huskar Social Union
Post Czar
 
Posts: 45141
Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:52 am

Remember when Ted Cruz shared a porn vid on twitter

Fun times
Im Irish and live in Belfast Im a Leftwinger and im an Atheist

‘I never thought in terms of being a leader. I thought very simply in terms of helping people’ - John Hume

I like: The Red Agenda, video games, Not being a Wanker, Art, History, Blondes, Redheads, English Brunettes, Fortifications, Old Gregg, Tanks
I Dislike: The Blue Agenda, Being a Wanker, Gatekeeping, Likes and Dislikes lists, Dismantling Fortifications, Zealots, People who dont like Tanks

User avatar
Shrillland
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 13701
Founded: Apr 12, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shrillland » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:53 am

I can move this if it isn't the place for it, but the Arizona Democratic Party HQ in Phoenix was completely destroyed by arson yesterday morning: https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix-breaking/2020/07/24/fire-damages-arizona-democratic-party-headquarters-building-phoenix-overnight/5501305002/
Stand with Content Creators Like Me! Stand With The Union!
Plebiscite Plaza 2020
In 1963, Doctor Who taught us all we need to know about politics when a cave woman said, "Old men see no further than tomorrow's meat".

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Caleonia, Fartsniffage, Majestic-12 [Bot], Mundane, Nobel Hobos 2, Punished UMN, Salandriagado, SD_Film Artists, Telconi, Wansul

Advertisement

Remove ads