NATION

PASSWORD

Suicide.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Suicide.

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:52 pm

Are they watching this aspect of recent times? Trump, the pandemic, riots, etc. Seems like it would be bad for people that consider it.

One of my oldest friends just lost her daughter. No warning signs. Out protesting police brutality, called an uber for friend and gone soon after.

Personally; I blame trump for this. He likes spreading hate......
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:00 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:Are they watching this aspect of recent times? Trump, the pandemic, riots, etc. Seems like it would be bad for people that consider it.

One of my oldest friends just lost her daughter. No warning signs. Out protesting police brutality, called an uber for friend and gone soon after.

Sadly there probably were indications, subtle, bubbling under the surface for her (indications she was able to keep hidden from everyone and that were slowly eating at her) to make that decision. What’s happening was the catalyst.

Everything that’s been happening is hard on everyone, especially so for people suffering from depression and other mental health issues. The convulsive atmosphere exacerbates such conditions. I know my anxiety has increased in the last four months.

That being said, condolences to your friend and to you on that loss. :hug:
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Blaming Trump for sucide?

This is "orange man bad" taken to a new level.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Deacarsia
Ambassador

Founded: May 12, 2019
Right-wing Utopia

Suicide.

Postby Deacarsia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:04 pm

Agarntrop wrote:Blaming Trump for sucide?

Indeed, this is atrocious.
Visit vaticancatholic.com

Extra Ecclésiam nulla salus

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Deacarsia wrote:

Indeed, this is atrocious.

Not atrocious, just silly and untrue.

Although I don't like Trump by any means, just linking every problem back to him is a bad idea.
Last edited by Agarntrop on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:05 pm

Please. His is the orange hate goblin.....

His desire to sow hate and chaos is a factor. His incompetence for handling Covid. His tanking of the economhy, etc., etc.

Well IMHO. We have riots and he hides in a bunker like Hitler as the Russians are moving on Berlin.
Last edited by The Black Forrest on Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The United Artherian Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 14, 2017

Postby The United Artherian Federation » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Jesus christ where is the sage option

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:07 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
The Black Forrest wrote:Are they watching this aspect of recent times? Trump, the pandemic, riots, etc. Seems like it would be bad for people that consider it.

Sadly there probably were indications, subtle, bubbling under the surface for her (indications she was able to keep hidden from everyone and that were slowly eating at her) to make that decision. What’s happening was the catalyst.

Everything that’s been happening is hard on everyone, especially so for people suffering from depression and other mental health issues. The convulsive atmosphere exacerbates such conditions. I know my anxiety has increased in the last four months.

That being said, condolences to your friend and to you on that loss. :hug:

Thanks. It caught everybody by surprise......

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm sorry for your loss, Black Forrest, I truly am. Please extend the condolences of a stranger to your friend. This is not, however, really an appropriate subject for a thread here. I'll now link to our Resources For Those Who Feel Depressed or Suicidal and wish you well.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General