NATION

PASSWORD

Cat Appreciation Thread II : To Chonk Or Not To Chonk

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should Redditors stop referring to their obese cats as "chonkers"?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 am

Yes, and they should also help their cat get healthy if they want to keep their cat for longer.
59%
Yes.
No votes
Not sure.
12%
No.
No votes
No, leave my chonky boi alone >:( !!!
29%

Total votes : 17

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Fri May 22, 2020 2:12 am

Major-Tom wrote:I've never had a cat, always been a dog guy. But, cats can be cute and certainly have their merits. I just prefer dogs.

I love good dogs, but I just don't have the patience and IMO the space for them and I won;t have just one. Last dog I had was 20 yrs ago and he was such a good loving dog but he was lonely and needed a small pack and/or an active master that went hunting or fishing or something taking him along. He had a backyard .. and saw me occasionally because I was always gone. Had gotten out a couple of times and people would bring him back because he was tagged. The last time he got out he didn't even have a collar on. I can only hope he went to the same area he had before and met a nice family with kids or something and lived happily. Never will I have another dog unless I'm willing to spend the active time with him. He was a mix of what looked to me to be Yellow Lab and Pit. He had a broad chest and strong jaws. When I chose him from the people getting rid of a litter he was the one that wouldn't leave the dog house.. while the others were jumping on me he was along in there by himself. My gdo I hope some assholes didn't get him and attempt to fight him. I still have a picture of him now in front of me. He loved me and I was selfish. *cries*

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Fri May 22, 2020 3:36 am

Grimmsland wrote:
Major-Tom wrote:I've never had a cat, always been a dog guy. But, cats can be cute and certainly have their merits. I just prefer dogs.

I love good dogs, but I just don't have the patience and IMO the space for them and I won;t have just one. Last dog I had was 20 yrs ago and he was such a good loving dog but he was lonely and needed a small pack and/or an active master that went hunting or fishing or something taking him along. He had a backyard .. and saw me occasionally because I was always gone. Had gotten out a couple of times and people would bring him back because he was tagged. The last time he got out he didn't even have a collar on. I can only hope he went to the same area he had before and met a nice family with kids or something and lived happily. Never will I have another dog unless I'm willing to spend the active time with him. He was a mix of what looked to me to be Yellow Lab and Pit. He had a broad chest and strong jaws. When I chose him from the people getting rid of a litter he was the one that wouldn't leave the dog house.. while the others were jumping on me he was along in there by himself. My gdo I hope some assholes didn't get him and attempt to fight him. I still have a picture of him now in front of me. He loved me and I was selfish. *cries*

The dog will always remember you as the loving owner.
Sometimes, life gets in the way of your intentions. I am proud of you that you realise that you don't have space yet.
I always offer any pet owner to take care of the pet if needed. I'll walk the dog of my neighbour if they asked me to. Because I love animals but I know that rn I should not have a fulltime own pet. (Well, Roosje decided that for us...)

Meremos Alloriumenion
Secretary

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Meremos Alloriumenion » Sat May 23, 2020 3:25 am

I have always loved cats and I think they are great pets.

Feline Masters
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 23, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Feline Masters » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:50 pm

Meremos Alloriumenion wrote:I have always loved cats and I think they are great pets.

Thank you, but I'll just give you a secret. Actually, humans are OUR pets. Not the other way around. You folks are a bit hard to tolerate, to be honest; but those of you who like cats have their hearts in the right place.

Dollystana
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dollystana » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:50 pm

CATS RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like warrior cats uwu and having fun
Catocratic Constitutional Monarchy.
Economic -3.38 Social -5.28
My views are basically Scandinavia, that's all you need to know
the best book series Eat sleep read warriors repeat. Warriors Wiki
Self-appointed Warrior cat of F7 overvuwu The Truth Behind Area 51 All About Me

Stats not used
If you support cats, put this in your signature.
Perikuresu wrote:All of mothers are hamsters and all of your fathers smelt like elderberries

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:21 am

Meremos Alloriumenion wrote:I have always loved cats and I think they are great pets.

I agree. They're sweet and affectionate, but independent enough to be left alone for a day or two unless they somehow run out of prey.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:43 am

Feline Masters wrote:

Thank you, but I'll just give you a secret. Actually, humans are OUR pets. Not the other way around. You folks are a bit hard to tolerate, to be honest; but those of you who like cats have their hearts in the right place.

Indeed, They clean up our shit and pee and think we are the pets.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:58 am

Voxija wrote:I like cats. I wish I had a cat, but my mom's allergic. When I get a place of my own, I'm going to get a cat.

> me

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:01 am

-Astoria wrote:
Voxija wrote:I like cats. I wish I had a cat, but my mom's allergic. When I get a place of my own, I'm going to get a cat.

> me

Shelter cats make best cats.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:20 am

Ethel mermania wrote:Shelter cats make best cats.

wait, haven't we been here before

sadly, such businesses do not exist here (again)

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:30 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
-Astoria wrote:> me

Shelter cats make best cats.

If shelters are a thing where you live. Otherwise, adopt some from the street, strays can be really sweet.
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:33 am

A m e n r i a wrote:If shelters are a thing where you live. Otherwise, adopt some from the street, strays can be really sweet.

What if that isn't a thing either?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:56 am

-Astoria wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Shelter cats make best cats.

wait, haven't we been here before

sadly, such businesses do not exist here (again)

Animal shelter s dont exist?

Sounds like a good deed and a business plan wrapped into one

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:37 am

-Astoria wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:If shelters are a thing where you live. Otherwise, adopt some from the street, strays can be really sweet.

What if that isn't a thing either?

I don't think it's possible for a major populated city to not have any stray cats at all. If strays don't exist and neither do shelters, sooner or later there's gonna be someone's pet cat escaping and breeding with another, starting a whole new generation of cats.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:59 am

He made himself a nest in my stuffed animals.

⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:20 am

Giovenith wrote:He made himself a nest in my stuffed animals.

That's adorable.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:41 am

A m e n r i a wrote:I don't think it's possible for a major populated city to not have any stray cats at all.

Well, there is; or at the bare minimum, as rare as hen's teeth.

HC Eredivisie
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby HC Eredivisie » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:38 am

His stuffed animals, not yours. :p
Hail Richard, Chief Warlock of the Brothers of Darkness, Lord of the Thirteen Hells, Master of the Bones, Emperor of the Black, Lord of the Undead and the mayor of a little village up the coast.
+7656 posts, Joined 16 april 2003

Het Vijfde Nederlandse Topic met 1461 stemmen, 8070 posts en 144.700 views.
25-01-2005 - 08-06-2009

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:34 am

His level of comfort there is enviable. <3
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Partybus
Minister

Founded: Oct 20, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Partybus » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:25 pm

I'll admit it, I am a recovering cat hater. What turned me was a Russian Blue named Sanguine, coolest. cat. ever. Then I kidnapped a cat from an abusive owner, she had six kittens, and I must say, now I enjoy cats almost as much as dogs. (although I'm allergic to both).

Esteptanskia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Esteptanskia » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:45 pm

At first we just had one cat. Then we divided to get a second cat, then a third cat,... now we have 4 cats and might get a 5th one.

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Cat Appreciation Thread II : To Chonk Or Not To Chonk

Postby Servilis » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:25 am

Ok so last time I made a Cat Thread I had never made a mainstream thread prior to that, so I'd like to continue that.

Anyways, discussion for now will be regarding companions that serve us really well in a time like this when we live in the worst timeline and are thus subject to a literal Pandemic.
I'll preface :
Q : What is your favourite Cat breed
(mine is personally munchkin cats, but an opinion is an opinion)

Discussions that are noteworthy :
-Is the glorification of cat obesity funny or is it just completely morally wack? (If you're confused I'm referring to the Chonky Boi sort of meme where a guy will usually call his morbidly obese cat a Chonker)
-How much do you like cats (I love cats so much that I'll stop in my tracks to feed a smol' lil' floof if he meows)

Rules :
-Everything mentioned in the Terms and Conditions of NationStates and the General Forums rules apply (obviously)
-Golden Rule : don't be a dick

Antibuda
Envoy

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Antibuda » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:28 am

Cool, a cat thread. I have 3, 2 calicos and a tortoiseshell.
Winner of 2 medals in the 2020 Oatland Olympics!
ns stats have been deported

A 21.6 civilization, according to this index.
Antibuda wrote:Monkey 4114 decided to wear an Ice Age baby costume in February.

Liriena wrote:Make California three times bigger to intimidate its neighbours into submission.

On a potential Trump movie:
Kronica wrote:Annoying Orange: The Movie
Population isn't used.
I mean, how do you think we would cram 200 mil+ people
into an island the size of Puerto Rico?
didn't mean to get daily referendums
idk how we did
I feel like this half represents my views, but a lot of the time there's no option I like.
LeftValues: Centrist Marxist

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:43 am

Servilis wrote:Ok so last time I made a Cat Thread I had never made a mainstream thread prior to that, so I'd like to continue that.

Anyways, discussion for now will be regarding companions that serve us really well in a time like this when we live in the worst timeline and are thus subject to a literal Pandemic.
I'll preface :
Q : What is your favourite Cat breed
(mine is personally munchkin cats, but an opinion is an opinion)

Discussions that are noteworthy :
-Is the glorification of cat obesity funny or is it just completely morally wack? (If you're confused I'm referring to the Chonky Boi sort of meme where a guy will usually call his morbidly obese cat a Chonker)
-How much do you like cats (I love cats so much that I'll stop in my tracks to feed a smol' lil' floof if he meows)

Rules :
-Everything mentioned in the Terms and Conditions of NationStates and the General Forums rules apply (obviously)
-Golden Rule : don't be a dick

We already have a cat thread. You're in it now. And you don't need to say that the site rules apply, anyone in here has agreed to follow them.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

-Astoria
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:45 am

Ethel mermania wrote:Animal shelter s dont exist?

Sounds like a good deed and a business plan wrapped into one

First, find a vet.

Those that we call "vets" here are actually livestock-feed sellers.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General