NATION

PASSWORD

Cat Appreciation Thread II : To Chonk Or Not To Chonk

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Should Redditors stop referring to their obese cats as "chonkers"?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:25 am

Yes, and they should also help their cat get healthy if they want to keep their cat for longer.
59%
Yes.
No votes
Not sure.
12%
No.
No votes
No, leave my chonky boi alone >:( !!!
29%

Total votes : 17

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Cat Discussion Thread

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 4:53 pm

There are discussion threads about politics, religion, and guns, so why not one about cats? So do any of you have any cats, had cats, want cats, or have some nice cat-related stories to share? Maybe you want to share a pic of your cat? What are your thoughts about cats?

When I was a kid growing up in Maine, we had 3 cats in our rental house. One was a black cat that was really friendly and sweet. Another was a calico that was pretty aloof and the last one was a silly orange tabby. Sadly we had to give them all to a nice neighbor before we moved to Texas because we were moving into an apartment complex that had a no pets policy. Later on though we eventually moved into a house and eventually got a tuxedo cat. Unfortunately I moved away into an apartment (with some crazy room mates) so that I could be closer to the university I go to. The complex allows pets, but has massive pet fees which makes it not worth it. I am hoping that once I get a place of my own to have both a ferret and a kitty because I think both are really cute :D

When it comes to the cat vs. dog debate, I don't hate dogs but I do have a strong preference for cats. My reasons for this are that I find cats to be cuter, more whimsical, and more silly. The fact that I grew up with cats probably contributes a lot to this.
Last edited by Green October Z on Wed May 13, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 5:02 pm

I don’t mind dogs, but prefer cats. I like their independence.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I don’t mind dogs, but prefer cats. I like their independence.

Cats are pretty low maintenance. Plus, I feel that it makes it more meaningful when a cat shows you affection.
China lied, people died!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 5:04 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I don’t mind dogs, but prefer cats. I like their independence.

Cats are pretty low maintenance. Plus, I feel that it makes it more meaningful when a cat shows you affection.

Yep. Don’t get me wrong, dogs are awesome cuddle buds but nothing compares to the feeling of earning a cat’s love.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Green October Z wrote:

Yep. Don’t get me wrong, dogs are awesome cuddle buds but nothing compares to the feeling of earning a cat’s love.

Very true! :)
China lied, people died!

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Wed May 13, 2020 5:06 pm

My brother just got a kitten the other day, and I have done nothing but seek affection for the last three days. The best I’ve gotten is tolerance, but she did legitimately cuddle me for about ten seconds before hopping off to explore the room more.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Eckie-Cola
Secretary

Founded: May 07, 2020
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Eckie-Cola » Wed May 13, 2020 5:07 pm

I have two cats, one slightly fat 3 year old black cat and a 2 year old calico.

Ive had a lot of cats die or disappear over the years as well as some real rotten ones. But I loved each and every one of them fur balls.
Last edited by Eckie-Cola on Wed May 13, 2020 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eckie-Cola™, the preferred drink of NationStates”
Yes, I accept requests
NATIONAL TRIBUNE®: Eckie-Cola Scientific Review recently asserted that pizza is healthy, preventing heart disease, curing cancer and treating low libido.| After waning sales, the well-established soda company 'Eckie-cola' has appealed to the government for the right to use powerful mind-altering drugs in their products.|  An all-out fizzy soda war between the ancient Eckie-Cola and the younger, but significantly larger, Eckie-Ecola appears to be almost inevitable following Eckie-Ecola’s decision to print their already similar labels an identical shade of pink.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Eckie-Cola wrote:I have two cats, one slightly fat 3 year old black cat and a 2 year old calico.

Ive had a lot of cats die or disappear over the years.

We’re waiting for the pandemic to get under control so we can adopt a cat. We lost ours last year to renal failure. She was an amazing cat.
Slava Ukraini

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 5:10 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Eckie-Cola wrote:I have two cats, one slightly fat 3 year old black cat and a 2 year old calico.

Ive had a lot of cats die or disappear over the years.

We’re waiting for the pandemic to get under control so we can adopt a cat. We lost ours last year to renal failure. She was an amazing cat.

Oh damn, sorry about that :( She is in a better place now, at least and I am sure she is still watching over you. Regardless of your beliefs of the afterlife, she will certainly live forever in your heart.
China lied, people died!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Oh damn, sorry about that :( She is in a better place now, at least and I am sure she is still watching over you. Regardless of your beliefs of the afterlife, she will certainly live forever in your heart.

A darling pet is never forgotten, yes. She was 15, had a good life but we do miss her.
Slava Ukraini

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Wed May 13, 2020 5:12 pm

silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 5:17 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Green October Z wrote:

A darling pet is never forgotten, yes. She was 15, had a good life but we do miss her.

15 years is a good life for a kitty. Especially, if they had nice humans to take care of them and love them!
China lied, people died!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 5:19 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

15 years is a good life for a kitty. Especially, if they had nice humans to take care of them and love them!

We rescued her, at least her last five years and a half were good. I want to think. She was a Maine Coon, so we’re considering adopting another Coonie as we like the breed. But the hubby wants a male this time. They grow to be huge.
Slava Ukraini

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Green October Z wrote:

We rescued her, at least her last five years and a half were good. I want to think. She was a Maine Coon, so we’re considering adopting another Coonie as we like the breed. But the hubby wants a male this time. They grow to be huge.

I used to live in Maine as a kid and one of our neighbors had a Maine Coon. THEY ARE AMAZING CATS!! At least she lived out her remaining years happy and loved :)
China lied, people died!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

I used to live in Maine as a kid and one of our neighbors had a Maine Coon. THEY ARE AMAZING CATS!! At least she lived out her remaining years happy and loved :)

Goofy cats, they are.

My mother is a dog person. She likes miniature daschunds.
Slava Ukraini

Green October Z
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Wed May 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Green October Z wrote:

Goofy cats, they are.

My mother is a dog person. She likes miniature daschunds.

I always thought that wiener dogs were cute. They kind of look like bunnies hopping when they run through the grass :)
China lied, people died!

Vetalia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 23, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Vetalia » Wed May 13, 2020 5:42 pm

I don't have any pets myself, but my parents have two Siamese cats, a blue point and seal point. Whenever I come over to visit they always rush to the pantry because they know it means treats...they also play a game with me where they jump up on the counter and want a brushing, but after a short amount of time they jump down and go over to the pantry to ask for another treat. Naturally I give them a treat then as well.
Economic Left/Right: 0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Wed May 13, 2020 5:45 pm

The "domestication" of cats has been the worst trade deal in the history of trade deals, maybe ever.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed May 13, 2020 7:09 pm

I have 4 cats. One orange tabby, one Siamese, and two calicoes. The most amount of cats I've ever had at a given time was 6.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Atheris wrote:I have 4 cats. One orange tabby, one Siamese, and two calicoes. The most amount of cats I've ever had at a given time was 6.

Calico cats! They’re so cute. I had a tabby several years ago. She was a sweetie, if a tad rounder than normal.
Slava Ukraini

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Wed May 13, 2020 8:07 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Atheris wrote:I have 4 cats. One orange tabby, one Siamese, and two calicoes. The most amount of cats I've ever had at a given time was 6.

Calico cats! They’re so cute. I had a tabby several years ago. She was a sweetie, if a tad rounder than normal.

Oh, my oldest cat is a calico. She's going on twenty, loves belly rubs, and is roughly the shape of a passion fruit.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Wed May 13, 2020 8:08 pm

Atheris wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Oh, my oldest cat is a calico. She's going on twenty, loves belly rubs, and is roughly the shape of a passion fruit.

That image I’m having of her round as a passion fruit is adorable.
Slava Ukraini

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Wed May 13, 2020 8:19 pm

When I was little, my grandmother had a black cat.Black fur, meatballs under nose and feet,and yellow eyes.She has a daughter, the only difference is that the hair on her feet is white.Very beautiful.Unfortunately, when I was in high school, they were miss. Maybe they were too old.
Now I want to have another black cat, but obviously I don't have time to take care of it. Because it's still very troublesome to have a cat in the city, unlike in the country

By the way, I'm personally very scared of dogs. But one of my friends was so scared of cats that I couldn't understand
Last edited by Shanghai industrial complex on Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Wed May 13, 2020 8:23 pm

I currently have a male Bombay who's about 6 years old. He's very cuddly with his favorite people, but a bit shy around strangers.
I previously had a female calico cat who passed away at 12 and my family had a gray female one when I was young, but I don't remember it very well.

I hate dogs - the only dogs my family ever had were awful in various ways and it's left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm fine with other people's dogs, but I absolutely never want any ever again.
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Wed May 13, 2020 8:27 pm

Cekoviu wrote:I currently have a male Bombay who's about 6 years old. He's very cuddly with his favorite people, but a bit shy around strangers.I previously had a female calico cat who passed away at 12 and my family had a gray female one when I was young, but I don't remember it very well.

I hate dogs - the only dogs my family ever had were awful in various ways and it's left a sour taste in my mouth. I'm fine with other people's dogs, but I absolutely never want any ever again.

i love him, tell him he's very handsome.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General