NATION

PASSWORD

Trump Says Adoption Agency Should be Allowed to Refuse LGBT

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:32 pm

We should just draft all children without parents into the military and raise them as child soldiers, thereby eliminating the need for adoption agencies.The funny thing is you guys probably can't tell if I'm being serious or not.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

-SARS-
Diplomat

Founded: May 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby -SARS- » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:37 pm

If they don't want to comply with state antidiscrimination laws, they don't have to accept state funding.
This nation is made with pure 100% all-natural SARS. Non-GMO, gluten-free, and ZERO ADDED SUGAR!

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:40 pm

-SARS- wrote:If they don't want to comply with state antidiscrimination laws, they don't have to accept state funding.

I honestly don't think that's really an appropriate solution. Megachurches make a LOT of money. Do you really want "well if you don't take state funding you can do whatever you want." to be the standard? I'm sure you could get the zombie hordes to cough up a few extra dollars to "Keep innocent children out of the hands of the homosexuals!"
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:40 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:We should just draft all children without parents into the military and raise them as child soldiers, thereby eliminating the need for adoption agencies.The funny thing is you guys probably can't tell if I'm being serious or not.

Isn't´t using child soldiers a war crime? Like I am pretty sure that is a war crime.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:47 pm

Andsed wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:We should just draft all children without parents into the military and raise them as child soldiers, thereby eliminating the need for adoption agencies.The funny thing is you guys probably can't tell if I'm being serious or not.

Isn't´t using child soldiers a war crime? Like I am pretty sure that is a war crime.

Technically speaking, the US already has child soldiers, just not super young child soldiers, we recruit kids in high school. Which is actually why the USA was one of the main opponents to making child soldiers a war crime and never, to my knowledge signed on to it.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:15 pm

With how 2020 America has been going...why not? Let's add the final puzzle piece to the failed state equation and make child soldiers a thing.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:43 pm

This aged well:

Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.
Breath So Bad, It Actually Drives People Mad

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:45 pm

The Emerald Legion wrote:
Andsed wrote:Isn't´t using child soldiers a war crime? Like I am pretty sure that is a war crime.

Technically speaking, the US already has child soldiers, just not super young child soldiers, we recruit kids in high school. Which is actually why the USA was one of the main opponents to making child soldiers a war crime and never, to my knowledge signed on to it.

"Sure it's a war crime, but Murika, FUCK YEAH!!"
Bloodthirsty savages who call for violence against the Right while simultaneously being unarmed defenseless sissies who will get slaughtered by the gun-toting Right in a civil war.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:46 pm

Gormwood wrote:This aged well:

(Image)

Hey, all of his LGBT supporter worked hard on that banner! :p
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:47 pm

Rusozak wrote:

(Image)

Hey, all of his LGBT supporter worked hard on that banner! :p

Milo?

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:50 pm

(Image)

At least it doesn't say Trump for LGBT.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:55 pm

Ah, a creative way to divert attention and at the same time punish the ebil left Trump is accusing of being responsible for all misery in the world.

Sometimes I wonder if the guy is not simply a genius actor pretending to be a pompous oaf.
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Gormwood
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Gormwood » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:58 pm

The Alma Mater wrote:Ah, a creative way to divert attention and at the same time punish the ebil left Trump is accusing of being responsible for all misery in the world.

Sometimes I wonder if the guy is not simply a genius actor pretending to be a pompous oaf.

Occam's Razor. Sometimes an oaf is just an oaf.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:03 pm

Gormwood wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:Ah, a creative way to divert attention and at the same time punish the ebil left Trump is accusing of being responsible for all misery in the world.

Occam's Razor. Sometimes an oaf is just an oaf.

I dunno. With Johnson it actually is an act - and they do share barbers...
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:05 pm

Gormwood wrote:

"Sure it's a war crime, but Murika, FUCK YEAH!!"

Well it's more "It's a war crime for you, but not for us." Like a lot of other things the US does. Like Mercenaries. Employing mercenaries is a war crime in most of the worlds governments. But not for the USA.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:07 pm

Gormwood wrote:"Sure it's a war crime, but Murika, FUCK YEAH!!"

Well it's more "It's a war crime for you, but not for us." Like a lot of other things the US does. Like Mercenaries. Employing mercenaries is a war crime in most of the worlds governments. But not for the USA.

Well yeah, mercenaries are competition for us
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:21 pm

The Catholic church is heavily involved in a number of areas that really should be handled by government. Adoption being just one.

We cannot give an inch on this, or the church will take it as a precedent to deny gay people medical care, and education services.

Separation of church and state that is only observed from the state side, was a terrible mistake. Nationalize the bastards!
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:27 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:The Catholic church is heavily involved in a number of areas that really should be handled by government. Adoption being just one.

We cannot give an inch on this, or the church will take it as a precedent to deny gay people medical care, and education services.

Separation of church and state that is only observed from the state side, was a terrible mistake. Nationalize the bastards!

<King Henry VIII intensifies>
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:29 pm

Sounds like Trump is pandering to hardline evangelicals in the hopes of getting a boost for the election.

And, if the agency refuses any government (ergo, taxpayer) money or support, they can declare themselves private and serve the community they choose. They shouldn't deny children adoptive families, simply because of their would-be parents' sexuality. But -- if they are not supported by any government fund in any way -- that is their prerogative (though I would withdraw tax relief from such agencies, as they are clearly not charitably serving the whole community, but only like-minded evangelicals).

People are then free to boycott them and give their time to a more deserving agency, one that cares about about finding the children in their care capable, loving homes where they can thrive, rather than seemingly ensuring each family aligns with a conservative aesthetic.

Once an agency accepts taxpayer money, however, they have to serve all taxpayers (regardless of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity or religion).
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Jack Thomas Lang
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 18, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Jack Thomas Lang » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:41 pm

Being a child in a homosexual family is probably better for the child's welfare than being stuck in the foster/adoption system, so I think that they shouldn't discriminate and allow same-sex couples to adopt children even from religious agencies. After all, a child is not a cake or piece of art. Its welfare should be put first over the convictions and views of adoption agencies.

That being said, they should not lower their standards otherwise. They must be allowed to reject LGBT couples if there's a genuine question of whether they're ready or capable of caring for a child.
Last edited by Jack Thomas Lang on Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:58 pm

Trump saying crap to sow division and cause chaos....what day is it?....
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:01 am

Jack Thomas Lang wrote:Being a child in a homosexual family is probably better for the child's welfare than being stuck in the foster/adoption system, so I think that they shouldn't discriminate and allow same-sex couples to adopt children even from religious agencies. After all, a child is not a cake or piece of art. Its welfare should be put first over the convictions and views of adoption agencies.

That being said, they should not lower their standards otherwise. They must be allowed to reject LGBT couples if there's a genuine question of whether they're ready or capable of caring for a child.

I saw Jessie Jackson once answer that question and he said the same thing (not exact) better the child be in a loving home then in the system.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Galloism
Khan of Spam

Founded: Aug 20, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Galloism » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:05 am

The Black Forrest wrote:Trump saying crap to sow division and cause chaos....what day is it?....

I believe it’s one of the ones ending in Y, based on your post.
Venicilian: wow. Jesus hung around with everyone. boys, girls, rich, poor(mostly), sick, healthy, etc. in fact, i bet he even went up to gay people and tried to heal them so they would be straight.
The Parkus Empire: Being serious on NSG is like wearing a suit to a nude beach.
New Kereptica: Since power is changed energy over time, an increase in power would mean, in this case, an increase in energy. As energy is equivalent to mass and the density of the government is static, the volume of the government must increase.

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:08 am

Being a religious snowflake does not entitle one to discriminate. The right of foster children to be raised by a loving family trumps the delicate religious feelings of so-called "adoption agencies" to discriminate and deny thousands of children a family. The right of a nation to defend itself trumps the right of certain prudes to ban gay, trans, and womenfolk from military service.

More loving couples = fewer kids on the streets. More female and LGBT servicemen = a stronger military. It's just basic math.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:18 am

New Bremerton wrote:Being a religious snowflake does not entitle one to discriminate. The right of foster children to be raised by a loving family trumps the delicate religious feelings of so-called "adoption agencies" to discriminate and deny thousands of children a family. The right of a nation to defend itself trumps the right of certain prudes to ban gay, trans, and womenfolk from military service.

More loving couples = fewer kids on the streets. More female and LGBT servicemen = a stronger military. It's just basic math.

Being a human being entitles one to discriminate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General