NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

La Xinga
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 12, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:38 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I may just have had one of the most unhealthy lunch ever

For a mere 48 HKD from KFC I got a wing, a breast, rice with mushrooms and gravy, crispy chips, a sweet egg tart, and some Pepsi

The temptations of the summer combos

I mean, I heard KFC is all over China.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:12 am

La xinga wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I may just have had one of the most unhealthy lunch ever

For a mere 48 HKD from KFC I got a wing, a breast, rice with mushrooms and gravy, crispy chips, a sweet egg tart, and some Pepsi

I mean, I heard KFC is all over China.

indeed, I believe its bigger than even McDonalds over here

it's huge

In fact, from my workplace, there's 2 KFCs in the vicinity (one to the left, and one to the right... each within 1 block)

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:16 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
La xinga wrote:I mean, I heard KFC is all over China.

it's huge

In fact, from my workplace, there's 2 KFCs in the vicinity (one to the left, and one to the right... each within 1 block)

Are they each full? Or is one more popular than the other?
Glenbrook | "parare Domino plebem perfectam"
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:17 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

it's huge

Are they each full? Or is one more popular than the other?

I've only been to one of the two for a while because I've heard the other chain had a brief incident with COVID

however, the one I've been at was quite full last week but this week, it's quite empty (probably due to the re-introduction of cases, people are scared to go out)

when it is full, the line up for the food can take 30-40 mins in the most extreme (that's happened)
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:20 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Glenbrook wrote:Are they each full? Or is one more popular than the other?

I've only been to one of the two for a while because I've heard the other chain had a brief incident with COVID

however, the one I've been at was quite full last week but this week, it's quite empty (probably due to the re-introduction of cases, people are scared to go out)

when it is full, the line up for the food can take 30-40 mins in the most extreme (that's happened)

Wow. That’s pretty long. Why not just go to the other one hahaha
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:21 am

It is a fast day, so uh, Imma go away from this thread till tom. See ya!

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:41 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Wow. That’s pretty long. Why not just go to the other one hahaha

I kept believing that my order number would come up earlier; this proved to be unwise ;)

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:49 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Glenbrook wrote:Wow. That’s pretty long. Why not just go to the other one hahaha

I kept believing that my order number would come up earlier; this proved to be unwise ;)

The only instance I can think of this happening to me is some gas stations. In one road intersection, there are 3 gas stations at each corner.
stan LOONA

The Emerald Legion
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 18, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Emerald Legion » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:56 am

.... What?

That's like, a normal bowl here. Only replace the rice with potatoes. That's not extravagantly unhealthy at all.
"23.The unwise man is awake all night, and ponders everything over; when morning comes he is weary in mind, and all is a burden as ever." - Havamal

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:50 am

The Emerald Legion wrote:

.... What?

That's like, a normal bowl here. Only replace the rice with potatoes. That's not extravagantly unhealthy at all.

I was just sad there were no vegetables or fruit :(

That may have balanced it

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:59 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Emerald Legion wrote:
.... What?

I love egg tarts. When I go to Chinatown to get a haircut and groceries, I go to a small bakery and get an egg tart
stan LOONA

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Glenbrook wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I love egg tarts. When I go to Chinatown to get a haircut and groceries, I go to a small bakery and get an egg tart

Egg tarts are huge in Taiwan and Hong Kong. This particular KFC sized one could be swallowed whole :)

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:13 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

The only instance I can think of this happening to me is some gas stations. In one road intersection, there are 3 gas stations at each corner.

If you’re familiar with 7/11, that sited is ubiquitous in Taiwan

In fact, there’s neighborhoods where there are 3-4 within walking distance :)

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:10 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Glenbrook wrote:The only instance I can think of this happening to me is some gas stations. In one road intersection, there are 3 gas stations at each corner.

Whenever there's a 7/11, like, there's always a cop car. Why?

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:20 am

La xinga wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I don't know

Do they sell donuts?

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:26 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
La xinga wrote:Whenever there's a 7/11, like, there's always a cop car. Why?

I don't know

Do they sell donuts?

if they do, that may be the reason.

Diopolis
Post Marshal

Founded: May 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Diopolis » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:32 am

La xinga wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

It's common practice in the US for restaurants to give cops free shit/discounts(I think free coffee/sodas is a really common one, and discounts on meals. I once worked at a restaurant that didn't have an official policy, but de facto always comped uniformed officers' meals, except for extras like dessert/appetizers) to encourage them to hang around, on the assumption it keeps criminals away.
Texas nationalist, right-wing technocrat, radical social conservative, post-liberal.

La Xinga
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby La Xinga » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:35 am

Diopolis wrote:
La xinga wrote:Whenever there's a 7/11, like, there's always a cop car. Why?

It's common practice in the US for restaurants to give cops free shit/discounts(I think free coffee/sodas is a really common one, and discounts on meals. I once worked at a restaurant that didn't have an official policy, but de facto always comped uniformed officers' meals, except for extras like dessert/appetizers) to encourage them to hang around, on the assumption it keeps criminals away.
That seems good, unless they are called and wasting their time on coffee and donuts!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:15 pm

La xinga wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
I don't know

Do they sell donuts?

if they do, that may be the reason.

Not sure. I had two in my home town and there were never cops in the parking lots. And all 7/11s sell those bagged donuts, but not freshly baked ones.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 3 - 0 WSH | COL 2 - 1 WPG | VGK 2 - 1 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 3 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 23-19 | LSU 28-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-13

State of Turelisa
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby State of Turelisa » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:26 pm

My favourite sandwich is the Ploughman's. Stilton cheese, tomatoes, onions and pickles all sliced and compressed together between two pieces of granary bread. And a bottle of ginger beer to wash it down. If any food should hold a claim for the national dish of England, it is the Ploughman's.
Last edited by State of Turelisa on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:40 pm

There are types of sandwiches?

The more you know.
johnathan

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:23 pm

Twicetagram and JYPE wrote:There are types of sandwiches?

The more you know.

The ones you like and the ones you don’t?

XP

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:21 am

Twicetagram and JYPE wrote:There are types of sandwiches?

The more you know.

There's Italian sandwiches, turkey, ham, and many more
stan LOONA

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:22 am

I used to think "sandwich" was spelled "sandwhich" for some reason

strange times

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:23 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I used to think "sandwich" was spelled "sandwhich" for some reason

strange times

I keep typing that out and it drives me crazy.
stan LOONA

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General