NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:47 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:Imagine if you mistook salt for sugar when you bake a cake

That has actually happened on MasterChef. The person got eliminated because of it.

“Oh look, three whole cups of sugar for my three layer cake.”

*pours in all the pantry’s salt*
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:13 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:
That has actually happened on MasterChef. The person got eliminated because of it.

“Oh look, three whole cups of sugar for my three layer cake.”

*pours in all the pantry’s salt*

That has got to be the saddest thing I could have ever heard in my entire life

I’m an aspiring cook
johnathan

Thepeopl
Minister

Founded: Feb 24, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Thepeopl » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:11 am

https://www.foodrenegade.com/your-coffe ... d-up-bugs/

For all coffee haters: you are right.

If you are allergic to insects, but still want to drink coffee, buy beans and grind them yourselves.

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:13 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

Oh no!

Hopefully they weren’t too harsh to them

I have not seen the episode, but not tasting stuff you present to the judges probably would not have been received well....
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 am

The Alma Mater wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Oh no!

Hopefully they weren’t too harsh to them

I have not seen the episode, but not tasting stuff you present to the judges probably would not have been received well....

I've heard of a Taiwanese "master chef" where the judges were very hard-edged with their criticism and would always bash the contestants. Then one or more contestants took it very badly (their feelings were hurt and they were sad) and the show runners decided to re-evaluate their model.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:41 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:I have not seen the episode, but not tasting stuff you present to the judges probably would not have been received well....

I've heard of a Taiwanese "master chef" where the judges were very hard-edged with their criticism and would always bash the contestants. Then one or more contestants took it very badly (their feelings were hurt and they were sad) and the show runners decided to re-evaluate their model.

Typical snowflake, if they can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:40 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:
The Alma Mater wrote:I have not seen the episode, but not tasting stuff you present to the judges probably would not have been received well....

Honestly, would you rather everyone compliment on your crap food, and you never improve, or would you want to have a very strict and harsh person who can critique my food well so that I can improve from my mistakes? I choose the latter.
Obviously, over sternness isn’t the best way to educate someone but you still need it.
johnathan

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:05 pm

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Honestly, would you rather everyone compliment on your crap food, and you never improve, or would you want to have a very strict and harsh person who can critique my food well so that I can improve from my mistakes? I choose the latter.
Obviously, over sternness isn’t the best way to educate someone but you still need it.

I think that bashing is bad, but constructive criticism and having an open mind is very important when dealing with these shows
Glenbrook | "parare Domino plebem perfectam"
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:27 pm

Thepeopl wrote:https://www.foodrenegade.com/your-coffee-has-ground-up-bugs/

For all coffee haters: you are right.

If you are allergic to insects, but still want to drink coffee, buy beans and grind them yourselves.

I for one, would have been much happier not knowing this.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:28 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

Typical snowflake, if they can't take the heat, they should stay out of the kitchen.

kitchens are bad places for snowflakes, they melt.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:28 pm

Glenbrook wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Honestly, would you rather everyone compliment on your crap food, and you never improve, or would you want to have a very strict and harsh person who can critique my food well so that I can improve from my mistakes? I choose the latter.

I think that bashing is bad, but constructive criticism and having an open mind is very important when dealing with these shows

People watch the shows for the bashing.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

That was one of the jokes in my post, yes.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:37 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Indeed

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:51 pm

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:

I think they want to win too much

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:22 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:kitchens are bad places for snowflakes, they melt.

There were jokes?

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:44 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Seconded.
Infected Mushroom wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:Honestly, would you rather everyone compliment on your crap food, and you never improve, or would you want to have a very strict and harsh person who can critique my food well so that I can improve from my mistakes? I choose the latter.

I think they want to win too much

Isn’t the point of the show to win? But like it’s also some sort of way to get critique for your cooking style.
johnathan

Celritannia
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Celritannia » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:52 pm

Thrice cooked thick British Chips with curry sauce.

My DeviantArt
Obey
When you annoy a Celritannian
U W0T M8?
Zirkagrad wrote:A person with a penchant for flying lions with long tongues, could possibly be a fan of Kiss. Maybe the classiest nation with a lion with its tongue hanging out. Enjoys only the finest tea.

Nakena wrote:NSG's Most Serene Salad
Citizen of Earth, Commonwealthian, European, British, Yorkshireman.
Atheist, Environmentalist

Inner Wellness
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 29, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Inner Wellness » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:24 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Geneviev wrote:Ketchup goes with anything.

Not with butter pecan ice cream.

Ranch dressing is life.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:11 pm

Inner Wellness wrote:
Katganistan wrote:Not with butter pecan ice cream.

Ranch dressing is life.

If you are implying ranch dressing goes good with ice cream.... go sit in the corner.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:26 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

There were jokes?

Cold. Ouch. (or hot, since I got burned)

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:37 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:There were jokes?

Cold. Ouch. (or hot, since I got burned)

:D Sorry... :hug:

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:51 am

I watched a horror movie today while having a cup of green tea with a serving of thousand year eggs with soy sauce

The tea contrasts nicely with the snack

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:57 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:I watched a horror movie today while having a cup of green tea with a serving of thousand year eggs with soy sauce

False advertising. Those eggs aren't REALLY a thousand years old.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:I watched a horror movie today while having a cup of green tea with a serving of thousand year eggs with soy sauce

False advertising. Those eggs aren't REALLY a thousand years old.

True

What should it be called? Twenty year egg? :)

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:37 pm

Thousand year eggs SUCK I tell you. Don’t even think of eating them
johnathan

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General