NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:07 am

Katganistan wrote:
Glenbrook wrote:
Not wood chips, like tortilla chips

American public school foods are not the best quality. I was in a private school once and the food was very nice and tasty. :p

NYU is not a public school. The real scandal is how much they paid to be there to GET such shit food, and that frosh are REQUIRED to buy the meal plan.

They'd be better off walking over to Papaya King.

Its been so bad they have featured on NBC 4 news. ITs getting better according to TikTok but they are paying like 70k for this quality and for mediocre food.
Glenbrook | "parare Domino plebem perfectam"
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:11 am

Birthday is coming soon, hopefully I’ll be able to get what I want to eat. :))
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:52 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Katganistan wrote:NYU is not a public school. The real scandal is how much they paid to be there to GET such shit food, and that frosh are REQUIRED to buy the meal plan.

Its been so bad they have featured on NBC 4 news. ITs getting better according to TikTok but they are paying like 70k for this quality and for mediocre food.

What is even more hilarious is there is plenty of cheap good food in the neighborhood, shame the kids are still locked down.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:56 pm

Random Country 453632 wrote:
Nevertopia wrote:
this exactly! Bake some chicken breasts, add salt and pepper, get some basmati rice, put a little bit of lemon juice and steamed veggies and you got yourself a meal!

Ahhh! Yes yes yes yes... chicken. I prefer that or hotdogs. And no lemon. Anyways, who knows what sinigang is? It's a filipino dish, although I am not a big fan.

DUDE! Sinigang is amazing! That and adobo and menudo, I LOVE filipino food. I discovered filipino food back when i visited california of all places, Im sad Vancouver doesn't have any good filipino eats.
Last edited by Nevertopia on Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:09 pm

Nevertopia wrote:
Ahhh! Yes yes yes yes... chicken. I prefer that or hotdogs. And no lemon. Anyways, who knows what sinigang is? It's a filipino dish, although I am not a big fan.

DUDE! Sinigang is amazing! That and adobo and menudo, I LOVE filipino food. I discovered filipino food back when i visited california of all places, Im sad Vancouver doesn't have any good filipino eats.

Sinigang is the best!!! Its tamarind soup and it's delicious! I grew up eating Filipino foods because I am. I love desserts like Halo-Halo, Leche flan, and buko pandan! :p
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Random Country 453632
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Random Country 453632 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:40 pm

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Birthday is coming soon, hopefully I’ll be able to get what I want to eat. :))

You are obviously filipino, right?
RandomCountry453632
Local news: 2024 national spit-at-a-bat contest postponed due to recent incident of bats projectile-vomiting at two people
Random Guy makes controversial statement about the S key of his computer

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:41 pm

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:Birthday is coming soon, hopefully I’ll be able to get what I want to eat. :))

My birthday is in 5 days and I don’t even know if I’m going to celebrate it lmao
johnathan

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Katganistan » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:46 pm

Glenbrook wrote:
Katganistan wrote:NYU is not a public school. The real scandal is how much they paid to be there to GET such shit food, and that frosh are REQUIRED to buy the meal plan.

And remember: freshmen don't have a choice. They MUST have the meal plan.
Ugh.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:18 pm

Freshmen deserve to have fresh food.

They need a fresh start and fresh air too.

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:31 pm

Glenbrook wrote:
Nevertopia wrote:

Sinigang is the best!!! Its tamarind soup and it's delicious! I grew up eating Filipino foods because I am. I love desserts like Halo-Halo, Leche flan, and buko pandan! :p

I have no idea what any of those foods you said after sinigang. Halo-Halo sounds nice? I had no idea the filipino community were such masterchief fans.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Random Country 453632
Envoy

Founded: Jun 09, 2020

Postby Random Country 453632 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:38 pm

Nevertopia wrote:
Glenbrook wrote:Sinigang is the best!!! Its tamarind soup and it's delicious! I grew up eating Filipino foods because I am. I love desserts like Halo-Halo, Leche flan, and buko pandan! :p

I have no idea what any of those foods you said after sinigang. Halo-Halo sounds nice? I had no idea the filipino community were such masterchief fans.

Halo-halo is just ice with gelatin.
RandomCountry453632
Local news: 2024 national spit-at-a-bat contest postponed due to recent incident of bats projectile-vomiting at two people
Random Guy makes controversial statement about the S key of his computer

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:15 am

You are obviously filipino, right?

Yeah, I am. So I’ll take my traditional birthday spaghetti, thank you very much.

Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:

My birthday is in 5 days and I don’t even know if I’m going to celebrate it lmao

August 30?

Nevertopia wrote:

It’s literally my most favourite soup, bar ramen and Chinese noodle soups. I know Vancouver has a store with purple yam (ube) ice cream because of a book. Unfortunately, the book called it disgusting, my immediate reaction was basically how dare they. Pretty sure substantial Filipino community lives in Vancouver, just try to find where the community lives around and you’re probably bound to find a good spot.

Glenbrook wrote:
Nevertopia wrote:

God, I love Filipino desserts.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:27 am

new poll? =)

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:57 am

Infected Mushroom wrote:new poll? =)

Sausage
johnathan

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:29 am

Noodles for long life.
stan LOONA

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:32 am

Glenbrook wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:My birthday is in 5 days and I don’t even know if I’m going to celebrate it lmao

Noodles for long life.

Long ones, don’t bite also. Pick certain types if you want other things associated with the-

Who am I kidding, you probably already know this.
Member of Europe

NS Stats invalid

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:49 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
Twicetagram and JYPe wrote:My birthday is in 5 days and I don’t even know if I’m going to celebrate it lmao

August 30?

Yep.
Glenbrook wrote:

Noodles for long life.

So pasta=short life?
johnathan

Emblaskr
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Emblaskr » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:04 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
August 30?

Yep.
Glenbrook wrote:Noodles for long life.

So pasta=short life?

so rice = no life?

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Emblaskr wrote:
So pasta=short life?

so rice = no life?

Rice was a noodle?
Last edited by Twicetagram and JYPe on Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnathan

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:48 pm

I made mashed potatoes without injuring myself today! If pride was not a sin, I would be proud of myself.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Geneviev wrote:I made mashed potatoes without injuring myself today! If pride was not a sin, I would be proud of myself.

I like mash

Do you use gravy?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Geneviev wrote:I made mashed potatoes without injuring myself today! If pride was not a sin, I would be proud of myself.

I like mash

Do you use gravy?

Dear god, in my half-asleep mind I read that completely wrong. I think I need to go to bed early, tonight.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (*) 55-23-4 (114) | COL (x) 49-25-7 (105) | CHI (e) 23-52-5 (51) | VGK (x) 44-28-8 (96)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:33 pm

You should be proud of yourself.

Mashed potatoes won’t make you go crazy, right?
johnathan

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:39 pm

Mashed potatoes are delicious. I hope they're tasty!
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:03 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:

I like mash

Do you use gravy?

Not really. I think it's better with more potato.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General