NATION

PASSWORD

The Food Discussion Thread I

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:48 am

Farnhamia wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:https://mamouns.com/history

Mamouns is now a franchise.

Greasy falafel for all.

For some reason the mention of Mamoun's made me think of this guy ...

Almost, mamoun had a droopier mustache and I never saw him in a suit.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:52 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:For some reason the mention of Mamoun's made me think of this guy ...

Almost, mamoun had a droopier mustache and I never saw him in a suit.

Uncle Tonoose always was a snappy dresser.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 27, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:53 am

Pilipinas and Malaya wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
Who would eat pizza with apple? :unsure:

Maybe Sweden, otherwise known as the country that likes bananas on pizza for some reason?
Better than Hawaii (or so some claim) with pineapples.
                                                      Republic of Astoria | Pobolieth Asdair                                                      
Bedhent cewsel ein gweisiau | Our deeds shall speak
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:02 am

-Astoria- wrote:
Maybe Sweden, otherwise known as the country that likes bananas on pizza for some reason?
Better than Hawaii (or so some claim) with pineapples.

Unfortunately, Canada seems to be the culprit for this crime.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:24 am

-Astoria- wrote:Better than Hawaii (or so some claim) with pineapples.

Greek Sam Panopoulos claimed that he created the first Hawaiian pizza at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario, Canada in 1962.

Seems to be actually Greece; Canada was its first victim.
IC: FactbooksLocationEmbassiesFAQIntegrity | OOC: CCL's VP • 9th in NSFB#110/10: DGES
 ⌜✉⌟ TV1 News | 2023-04-11  ▶ ⬤──────── (LIVE) |  Headlines  Winter out; spring in for public parks • Environment ministry announces A₤300m in renewables subsidies • "Not enough," say unions on A₤24m planned Govt cost-of-living salary supplement |  Weather  Liskerry ⛅ 13° • Altas ⛅ 10° • Esterpine ☀ 11° • Naltgybal ☁ 14° • Ceirtryn ⛅ 19° • Bynscel ☀ 11° • Lyteel ☔ 9° |  Traffic  ROADWORKS: WRE expwy towards Port Trelyn closed; use Routes P294 northbound; P83 southbound 

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Katganistan wrote:
Infected Mushroom wrote:
The thing is, ice cream is usually sweet

I have no idea if onion ice cream would be sweet or not

In Gilroy, during the garlic festival, they make and sell garlic ice cream.

Then I expect vampires won't like that city.

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:10 am

-Astoria- wrote:

Greek Sam Panopoulos claimed that he created the first Hawaiian pizza at the Satellite Restaurant in Chatham, Ontario, Canada in 1962.

Nooo... Not Greece. Why’d ya gotta disappoint me like that?
johnathan

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:25 am

Nevertopia wrote:Man Im hungry what do guys think I should have for breakfast?

loaf BUY LOAAAAHHFFF AAHHFFF loaf loaf loaf BUY LOAF loaf loaf mmhh my loaf
Glenbrook | "parare Domino plebem perfectam"
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Pilipinas and Malaya
Minister

Founded: Jun 23, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Pilipinas and Malaya » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:31 am

Twicetagram and JYPE wrote:
-Astoria- wrote:

Nooo... Not Greece. Why’d ya gotta disappoint me like that?

The country that brought forth Souvlaki and Pita Bread also birthed the Pineapple on Pizza idea? I refuse to believe it :p.
Federative States of Pilipinas and Malaya
Member of Europe

Homepage (leads to other info dispatches)
Accursed, incomplete, self-made map collection of my universe
NS Stats invalid
Yes, my nation does represent a good chunk of my views
Finally got around to dealing with a bunch of canon stuff, expect them to be updated every once in a while. | *inhales copium* In Civ 7, maybe we'll finally get a Filipino civ? | STREAM SEVENTEEN'S FML, OUT NOW

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Thu Aug 20, 2020 5:51 am

Twicetagram and JYPE wrote:Nooo... Not Greece. Why’d ya gotta disappoint me like that?

The country that brought forth Souvlaki and Pita Bread also birthed the Pineapple on Pizza idea? I refuse to believe it :p.
Yet it is true...

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:12 am

Twicetagram and JYPE wrote:Nooo... Not Greece. Why’d ya gotta disappoint me like that?

One man can only bring on so much disaster upon a whole planet.
johnathan

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:21 am

When it comes to bread, I remember someone who made a hammer with a baguette and a German bread(I don't know how to say it in English. We all call it German red brick)Do you Europeans usually eat bread so hard like them?I bought two kilos of German red brick online because I wanted to taste it and they were on the way
Thor's hammer
Last edited by Shanghai industrial complex on Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:44 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:When it comes to bread, I remember someone who made a hammer with a baguette and a German bread(I don't know how to say it in English. We all call it German red brick)Do you Europeans usually eat bread so hard like them?I bought two kilos of German red brick online because I wanted to taste it and they were on the way
Thor's hammer

Yes, we love our big hard sticks.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:51 am

I have great respect for the Greeks

-Astoria-
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby -Astoria- » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:41 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:When it comes to bread, I remember someone who made a hammer with a baguette and a German bread(I don't know how to say it in English. We all call it German red brick)Do you Europeans usually eat bread so hard like them?I bought two kilos of German red brick online because I wanted to taste it and they were on the way
Thor's hammer

The new German anthem.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:09 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Thor's hammer

... of bread

Right?

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:38 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Thor's hammer

of wood?
Last edited by Glenbrook on Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
(last recorded 23/4) COVID-19 CASE TREND: 24% RISE| ACTIVE CASES: 10,201 DEATHS: 102,485 VACCINATED: 55% | RECORDED CASES: 8,584,192 |
Seagull Star News | Collapse at James Parker Int’l Airport kills 29: Terriorism suspected. | BluTech acquired by ChemDev | Price of gas reaches Ł5.39 per gallon.|
stan LOONA

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Fri Aug 21, 2020 3:06 pm

So since this is a food thread, I would like to talk about the meal kits that NYU is sending out.

On TikTok, there are people posting the meal kits.

Let's just say they are not a hit. The vegans and vegetarians have gotten meat and dairy. Also, some people got just chips in their "meal kits".

And every one or most people have gotten watermelon chicken salad. Watermelon Chicken high!
stan LOONA

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Aug 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Glenbrook wrote:So since this is a food thread, I would like to talk about the meal kits that NYU is sending out.

Let's just say they are not a hit. The vegans and vegetarians have gotten meat and dairy. Also, some people got just chips in their "meal kits".

And every one or most people have gotten watermelon chicken salad. Watermelon Chicken high!

watermelon chicken salad? sounds pretty controversial

also, wood chips in a meal kit sounds like it could lead to accidents

All this talk reminds me of my high school camp food. They served spaghetti in a canteen that looked like you cut an alien's stomach open; my friend said it tasted "experimental." I think he was right.

Glenbrook
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Glenbrook » Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Infected Mushroom wrote:
Glenbrook wrote:So since this is a food thread, I would like to talk about the meal kits that NYU is sending out.

watermelon chicken salad? sounds pretty controversial

All this talk reminds me of my high school camp food. They served spaghetti in a canteen that looked like you cut an alien's stomach open; my friend said it tasted "experimental." I think he was right.

Not wood chips, like tortilla chips

American public school foods are not the best quality. I was in a private school once and the food was very nice and tasty. :p
Last edited by Glenbrook on Fri Aug 21, 2020 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan LOONA

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:22 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Thor's hammer

don't be dirty don't be dirty don't be dirty
lol
Infected Mushroom wrote:watermelon chicken salad? sounds pretty controversial

Watermelon chicken salads reminds me of the vanilla flavoured fried chips I got at school for 50 cents.

But yes camp food sucks.
I remembered during my primary school and early secondary school years food that were offered by caterers. Suck.
johnathan

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:59 pm

And a boatload of sushi for dinner.

One of my favorite foods.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Twicetagram and JYPe
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Twicetagram and JYPe » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:And a boatload of sushi for dinner.

One of my favorite foods.

That's a nice dinner.
johnathan

Nevertopia
Minister

Founded: May 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nevertopia » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:19 pm

ever since i ate those mushrooms last week life has been rather fascinating. Its like everybody in society is so absorbed with work that nobody realizes they might end up spending their entire lives working and never really living. People's lives are passing them by.
Last edited by Nevertopia on Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So the CCP won't let me be or let me be me so let me see, they tried to shut me down on CBC but it feels so empty without me.
Communism has failed every time its been tried.
Civilization Index: Class 9.28
Tier 7: Stellar Settler | Level 7: Wonderful Wizard | Type 7: Astro Ambassador
This nation's overview is the primary canon. For more information use NS stats.
Black Lives Matter

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:05 pm

Nevertopia wrote:ever since i ate those mushrooms last week life has been rather fascinating. Its like everybody in society is so absorbed with work that nobody realizes they might end up spending their entire lives working and never really living. People's lives are passing them by.

you're making me sad

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General