NATION

PASSWORD

Gay county?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Petrolheadia
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Gay county?

Postby Petrolheadia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:23 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Nation

In the early 1970s the California gay circles had the idea of moving to Alpine County, California, en masse in order to outnumber its registered voter population of 367 and vote in an all-gay county government, as well as "gay government, a gay civil service...the world's first gay university, partially paid for by the state...the world's first museum of gay arts, sciences and history...[and a] free county health service and hospital...".

However, the idea was met with criticism from both gay and straight circles, and the main proponent of the idea, the LA chapter of the Gay Liberation Front, ultimately backed out in February 1971.

But this begs a question - would it actually be a good idea to establish a "gay area" of sorts?

I think it's not really the brightest of ideas, and I say this from a homosexual-supportive perspective.

Such a move would only encourage "us against them" thinking in both the gay and straight communities, paint a picture of homosexuals as outsiders and impede the progress of gay rights in wider society.
Capitalism, single-payer healthcare, pro-choice, LGBT rights, progressive personal taxation, low corporate tax, pro-business law, welfare for those in need.
Nazism, edgism, dogmatic statements, most of Abrahamic-derived morality (esp. as law), welfare for those not in need.
We are not Albania and I am not Albanian, FFS!
Male, gearhead, classic rock fan, gamer, agnostic.
Not sure if left-libertarian, ex-libertarian or without a damn clue.
Where you can talk about cars!
"They're always saying I'm a Capitalist pig. I suppose I am, but, ah...it ah...it's good for my drumming, I think." - Keith Moon,
If a Porsche owner treats it like a bicycle, he's a gentleman. And if he prays to it, he's simply a moron. - Jan Nowicki.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:25 pm

Absolutely insane idea. Integration and assimilation should be the norm but separatism
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Seems difficult to pull off.

On the other hand, I bet we could much more easily transplant a bunch of women to a Western county with a low population and establish a matriarchy! Can't wait!
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:10 pm

Nahhh. It’s better to integrate. It’s gotten better. When I was a kid; there was no way you would see a gay couple kiss in normal settings. It happens now and not as many people freak about it. Not saying it’s gay friendly; just a little more tolerant.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:21 pm

I grew up in Chicago, a city with quite a lot of racial strife. As a child, I noticed that black kids and white kids preferred to sit at different tables. The black kids were different from us. They talked different, had different interests and values, had different behavior.

From a young age, I realized that this effect continued far beyond the lunch room. One day in class, we learned about Adolf Hitler and the rise of fascism. I did not agree with Hitler's methods, but the ideology intrigued me. After a bit of digging, I became attracted to the works of Oswald Mosley, a British Fascist. I had been lied to. Fascists were not white supremacists, any more than hawks are hawk supremacists over mice. They simply recognized the inherent differences in the races. From that day, I began to long for an ethnostate in America.

I also began to become attracted more to traditional values. Feminism, multiculturalism, new age religions - these were the scourge of our society, the source of our degeneracy. I longed for a strong, traditional family unit. Many children, and a wife who was happy to be a homemaker. There was just one problem with this, as I'm sure you all saw coming - I realized that I was gay.

Despair fell upon me. The perversion that I saw in the world was in myself, too. I began to spend time only with the most masculine of men, in the hopes that I would become like them, and that my flesh would become naturally ordered toward the female form.

That's when a strange feeling came. Just like in grade school, when the black kids and white kids wanted to sit at different tables - How could I not have noticed? Men and women sit at different tables too. The women talked different, had different interests and values, different patterns of behavior - and yet, the ideology I supported wanted the most vigorous *integration* of these two cultures, male and female? The purest form of multiculturalism - the very ideology that I despised.

I could not believe it. The reason why every ethnostate had failed - diversity. That is, gender diversity. We didn't need an ethnostate, but a sexuostate. And not only that - this sexuostate must be completely devoid of heterosexuals. The desires of their flesh towards the female would weaken the integrity of the fraternal bond, and I fear their lustly needs may drive them to welcome women within our borders. It was *heterosexuality* the perversion, not homosexuality!

I had abandoned my views that women belong in the home. I have met many a woman who had political ambitions - what a pity to deny them the realization of this skill, but even more a tragedy to subject them to the company of men while they do it! I had begun to believe wholeheartedly in the equality between the sexes - equality in rights, but not in disposition and personality. In a sexuostate, both sexes would bloom, not constrained by bowing to the disposition of the other.

Two neighboring nations - one the pride of Sappho, the other, flying the banner of Neil Patrick Harris. You may ask, what of reproduction? What of it, I say! We shall have none. Men and women from other nations would flock to ours, forever multiplying our numbers. Not being burdened by pregnancy and childbirth, the women in the female nation would prove more successful than any in history. Other nations, try as they may, could not stop the hordes from deserting them in favor of the loving company of their own race, a race of homos!

(A note for our transgender friends - I have not forgotten you! Do not think that I am one of those right wing homosexuals who denies the transgender reality. The political realm is one of minds, not bodies, and those with the minds of men should be in the realm of men. My sexuostate would be extremely trans inclusive - surgery, hormones, and therapy would be provided by the government to all transgender individuals. And to the nonbinary - you are certainly welcomed to form your own sexuostate as well. I would lend you all of my support!)

(I swear, there is a copypasta for everything)
Last edited by Auze on Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

-Ocelot-
Minister

Founded: Jun 14, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -Ocelot- » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:33 pm

Integration is good, segregation is a step backwards, to put it lightly.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rusozak » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:35 pm

That just sounds like "separate but equal" with extra steps.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:31 pm

Segregation does seem to be the less violent option when it comes to diversity.

US-SSR
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby US-SSR » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:44 pm

Petrolheadia wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Nation

In the early 1970s the California gay circles had the idea of moving to Alpine County, California, en masse in order to outnumber its registered voter population of 367 and vote in an all-gay county government, as well as "gay government, a gay civil service...the world's first gay university, partially paid for by the state...the world's first museum of gay arts, sciences and history...[and a] free county health service and hospital...".

However, the idea was met with criticism from both gay and straight circles, and the main proponent of the idea, the LA chapter of the Gay Liberation Front, ultimately backed out in February 1971.

But this begs a question - would it actually be a good idea to establish a "gay area" of sorts?

I think it's not really the brightest of ideas, and I say this from a homosexual-supportive perspective.

Such a move would only encourage "us against them" thinking in both the gay and straight communities, paint a picture of homosexuals as outsiders and impede the progress of gay rights in wider society.

Or in other words, modern-day Palm Springs...
8:46

We're not going to control the pandemic!

It is a slaughter and not just a political dispute.

"The scraps of narcissism, the rotten remnants of conspiracy theories, the offal of sour grievance, the half-eaten bits of resentment flow by. They do not cohere. But they move in the same, insistent current of self, self, self."

Major-Tom
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Major-Tom » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:50 pm

Nope. LGBT people should be able to live wherever they want, and if they choose to live in a predominantly LGBT neighborhood (IE Boys Town Chicago, The Castro in SF), more power to 'em.

I feel like this is common sense idk.

Auslus
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auslus » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:13 pm

The hippies have come full circle from civil rights back to separate but equal.

Cekoviu
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cekoviu » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:27 pm

Auslus wrote:The hippies have come full circle from civil rights back to separate but equal.

This was in the 70s and didn't succeed but ok
pro: women's rights
anti: men's rights

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:28 pm

Sounds like a terrible idea for a whole myriad of reasons.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

Kubra
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 15, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kubra » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:45 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Absolutely insane idea. Integration and assimilation should be the norm but separatism
It wasn't separatism so much as a rationale for otherwise normal voter juggling.
It ain't even special in the US, in the drive westward moving people in to affect politics was a big part of north-south antagonisms before the civil war proper.
“Atomic war is inevitable. It will destroy half of humanity: it is going to destroy immense human riches. It is very possible. The atomic war is going to provoke a true inferno on Earth. But it will not impede Communism.”
Comrade J. Posadas

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:52 pm

Sounds like a way for gay people to be totally ignored in the rest of the country and the little area they now 'control' to be underfunded and left to rot.

Segregation's a bad idea all around.

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:10 am

this is truly the first step to fully automated gay space communism
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Hanafuridake
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 09, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hanafuridake » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:23 am

Cekoviu wrote:Seems difficult to pull off.

On the other hand, I bet we could much more easily transplant a bunch of women to a Western county with a low population and establish a matriarchy! Can't wait!

Given how it's becoming increasingly more likely that technology will enable women to produce sperm cells out of their own cells, it'd be much more easy to move women into a low population area and breed men out of existence with in vitro fertilization.
Nation name in proper language: 花降岳|पुष्पद्वीप
Theravada Buddhist
李贽 wrote:There is nothing difficult about becoming a sage, and nothing false about transcending the world of appearances.
Suriyanakhon's alt, finally found my old account's password

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:36 am

Lets put all those gays on an island and leave them there for 50 years.
In only one generation they will Not-breed themselves out of existence and the Triumphant Cis-Hegemony can go in and reclaim the flamboyant utopia that they leave behind!!!!

I think that idea is absolutely fabulous darling! I cam imagine the last aged inhabitant of the island standing defiantly on the beach in broken platform stilletos and faded feather boa, the lights dimmed and the sparkle gone ....

[for the record this is an attempt at satire]

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:24 am

There is a gay county.

It's called San Francisco.
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Alma Mater
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 23, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby The Alma Mater » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:32 am

Cetacea wrote:

Lets put all those gays on an island and leave them there for 50 years.
In only one generation they will Not-breed themselves out of existence and the Triumphant Cis-Hegemony can go in and reclaim the flamboyant utopia that they leave behind!!!!

I think that idea is absolutely fabulous darling! I cam imagine the last aged inhabitant of the island standing defiantly on the beach in broken platform stilletos and faded feather boa, the lights dimmed and the sparkle gone ....

[for the record this is an attempt at satire]

Just wait until people discover that this means their gay kids need to be given up for adoption by the good people of gay Island ;)
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease.
It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
- Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

The Archbishopric of York
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archbishopric of York » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:22 am

The idea of deliberately flooding an area with an established population with outsiders with the intention of marginalising the prior inhabitants and excluding them from political power strikes me as decidedly unethical regardless of who is doing it or why.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:53 am

The Archbishopric of York wrote:The idea of deliberately flooding an area with an established population with outsiders with the intention of marginalising the prior inhabitants and excluding them from political power strikes me as decidedly unethical regardless of who is doing it or why.

Some here still blame Homo Sapiens for doing this to the Neanderthals :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

The Huskar Social Union
Khan of Spam

Founded: Apr 04, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Huskar Social Union » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:00 am

Thermodolia wrote:Absolutely insane idea. Integration and assimilation should be the norm but separatism

Yeah i agree with this.
Irish Nationalist from Belfast / Leftwing / Atheist / Alliance Party voter
"I never thought in terms of being a leader, i thought very simply in terms of helping people" - John Hume 1937 - 2020

I like Miniature painting, Tanks, English Gals, Video games and most importantly Cheese.

Cetacea
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cetacea » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:46 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
The Archbishopric of York wrote:The idea of deliberately flooding an area with an established population with outsiders with the intention of marginalising the prior inhabitants and excluding them from political power strikes me as decidedly unethical regardless of who is doing it or why.

Some here still blame Homo Sapiens for doing this to the Neanderthals :)

Neanderthals were gingers, marginalisation of gingers is acceptable

The poor Homo heidelbergensis though!

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Jun 03, 2020 5:46 am

Hanafuridake wrote:
Cekoviu wrote:Seems difficult to pull off.

Given how it's becoming increasingly more likely that technology will enable women to produce sperm cells out of their own cells, it'd be much more easy to move women into a low population area and breed men out of existence with in vitro fertilization.

Fuck that
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General