NATION

PASSWORD

Crewed SpaceX Dragon Launch

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sat May 30, 2020 12:38 pm

Apparently the ISS docking is scheduled for 10:27 EST tomorrow morning.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Sat May 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Proud moment. Here’s to more space exploration
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat May 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Congratulations Doug and bob, now time for a well deserved beer.

https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Sat May 30, 2020 12:39 pm

Ad astra per aspera.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Wack-i
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Wack-i » Sat May 30, 2020 12:41 pm

Well it gave us some good memes. Other than that, nice.
Kazakhstani tribes, migrate, Russia, sail, island, take, warlords, British, Dutch, revolution, yay, mining...uhh...WWI, WWII, Cold War..President McLemon. That's our history mostly. We are very W A C K Y so everything is weird in our nation.

NS Stats may or not be canon, instead read our factbooks and read our policies for canon stats.

An isle nation that is founder of Lemonea.
Pro:
-capitalism
-democracy
-isreal
-hong kong
-free speech
Anti:
-communism
-china
-censorship

(more to come later)

Valrifell
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:Congratulations Doug and bob, now time for a well deserved beer.

(Image)

Drinking and driving in three dimensions sounds like a real bad idea
HAVING AN ALL CAPS SIG MAKES ME FEEL SMART

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Valrifell wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:And Trump takes the credit and bangs on about Space Force.

I saw a Space Force recruitment ad during the coverage and I gagged.

I have yet to see one.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Sat May 30, 2020 12:42 pm

Great job to everyone! That was beautiful!
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sat May 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Amazing. Proud moment for all Americans here

It's ok.

It’s awesome
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sat May 30, 2020 12:45 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Amazing. Proud moment for all Americans here

It's ok.

Sounds like you're disinterested.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 30, 2020 12:46 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Valrifell wrote:
It's ok.

Sounds like you're disinterested.

That's true, but that's just because I suffer depressive episodes through no effort of mine.

Also I'm vaguely uncomfortable with commercial space and Elon Musk
Last edited by Valrifell on Sat May 30, 2020 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Biggles Syndicate
Diplomat

Founded: May 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Biggles Syndicate » Sat May 30, 2020 12:46 pm

IT FUCKIN HAPPENED BOYSSS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Sat May 30, 2020 12:47 pm

Valrifell wrote:
The Reformed American Republic wrote:Sounds like you're disinterested.

That's true, but that's just because I suffer depressive episodes through no effort of mine.

Oh, my apologies.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Sat May 30, 2020 12:48 pm

I’m in a watch party right now, everyone’s euphoric and more patriotic than I’ve seen in a while

Restored faith in America right here
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

The South Falls
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The South Falls » Sat May 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:I’m in a watch party right now, everyone’s euphoric and more patriotic than I’ve seen in a while

The country is in riots, and coronavirus has killed 100k. This is the best thing to happen in a year.
This is an MT nation that reflects some of my beliefs, trade deals and debate always welcome! Call me TeaSF. A level 8, according to This Index.

Political Compass Results:

Economic: -5.5
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.51
I make dumb jokes. I'm really serious about that.

La Paz de Los Ricos
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 26, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby La Paz de Los Ricos » Sat May 30, 2020 12:51 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:I’m in a watch party right now, everyone’s euphoric and more patriotic than I’ve seen in a while

Case in point:

The Biggles Syndicate wrote:IT FUCKIN HAPPENED BOYSSS LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
The Treangolist Revival of La Paz de Los Ricos
I survived the April 2024 NS outage! Also on a t-shirt! | Reworking national information. | The Navaluege Language (WIP)
CURRENT PROJECT . . .
The Tale These Islands Tell [PRIVATE|CLOSED] — [Chapter II - 02 April 2024]
A curmudgeonly Canadian reluctantly aids an aging Ricano legend in reviving the nation's history.

Aureumterra
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Aureumterra » Sat May 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Not just proud for Americans, but all humanity. I don’t think I’ll ever forget what I was doing right now, on the day SpaceX launches its first manned mission. In the middle of a lockdown across the world, and all that. Kudos to Elon Musk and the astronauts
Last edited by Aureumterra on Sat May 30, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS Parliament: Aditya Sriraam - Unity and Consolidation Party
Latin American Political RP
RightValues
Icelandic Civic Nationalist and proud
I’m your average Íslandic NS player
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
A 12 civilization, according to this index.
Scary Right Wing Capitalist who thinks the current state of the world (before the pandemic) is the best it had been

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat May 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Musk is south african.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Sat May 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:

Musk is south african.

How about we leave national identities in the atmosphere and just recognize this as a human achievement.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat May 30, 2020 12:59 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Congratulations Doug and bob, now time for a well deserved beer.

(Image)

Drinking and driving in three dimensions sounds like a real bad idea

If I ever get to space, I am not taking you.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 30, 2020 1:01 pm

Aureumterra wrote:Not just proud for Americans, but all humanity. I don’t think I’ll ever forget what I was doing right now, on the day SpaceX launches its first manned mission. In the middle of a lockdown across the world, and all that. Kudos to Elon Musk and the astronauts

It's not like launches haven't been happening with decent regularity in the Russian launch post from Kazakhstan.

Valrifell
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Valrifell » Sat May 30, 2020 1:02 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Musk is south african.

How about we leave national identities in the atmosphere and just recognize this as a human achievement.

Man I wish, but it's looking as if extraterrestrial humans will either still have to identify with a nation or with whatever company is sponsoring them.

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat May 30, 2020 1:06 pm

Rusozak wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Musk is south african.

Russians do this routinely.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Novus America
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 02, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novus America » Sat May 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Valrifell wrote:
Aureumterra wrote:Not just proud for Americans, but all humanity. I don’t think I’ll ever forget what I was doing right now, on the day SpaceX launches its first manned mission. In the middle of a lockdown across the world, and all that. Kudos to Elon Musk and the astronauts

It's not like launches haven't been happening with decent regularity in the Russian launch post from Kazakhstan.

Using a 60s spacecraft on a 50s ICBM. This is 60 years more advanced. It is good we have made a step forward. Launching from Russia is just staying in place, not moving forward.
Last edited by Novus America on Sat May 30, 2020 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
___|_|___ _|__*__|_

Zombie Ike/Teddy Roosevelt 2020.

Novus America represents my vision of an awesome Atompunk near future United States of America expanded to the entire North American continent, Guyana and the Philippines. The population would be around 700 million.
Think something like prewar Fallout, minus the bad stuff.

Politically I am an independent. I support what is good for the country, which means I cannot support either party.

Rusozak
Negotiator

Postby Rusozak » Sat May 30, 2020 1:09 pm

Ethel mermania wrote:
Rusozak wrote:

Russians do this routinely.

Not through a private company using reusable rockets that land themselves.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General