NATION

PASSWORD

America riots after Police kill unarmed Black Man

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
King of the Incels wrote:
Property is bought by expending your time, and has roughly the same value as a human life. Both freedom and opportunity are worth more than human lives.

Property does not have the same value as a human life.

My car is worth several months of my wages, that does not mean I get to kill someone trying to steal it.

But what if that person who stole your car uses it to run over 3 people?

Remember if a person is willing to wantonly steal other's property then it's very clear they don't care much about the lives and livelyhood of other people.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Jedi Council wrote:Property does not have the same value as a human life.

My car is worth several months of my wages, that does not mean I get to kill someone trying to steal it.

Yes, it does.
Every time, every where.

And if he shoots you first? You showed him right?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:08 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:
If I own the store and it is my life savings that is on the line I am going to stop the looting and if making myself know and making it clear I will attempt to stop him he still tries to enter I will deem him a reasonable threat to my life and respond accordingly.

Stores, property, livelihoods, savings, these things can all be rebuilt, especially if you have good insurance, as any responsible small business owner should.

A human life, even when said life is engaged in an act which is morally wrong, should not be taken unless it is a direct threat to another life.

The problem with a lifetime of savings is it takes a life time to replace. People only get one of those. Very few insurance policies that cover this will be affordable for small businesses, especially in urban areas. Also telling someone who has lost everything he should have had insurance is a dick move.

You misunderstand once I make it clear I am present and telling the looter to leave and he still enters the property the looter is now a threat to my life. I am killing him because he is a threat to my life, and if it is you or me I will always come out alive.

Lastly telling people they have to lay down and take it is a tool of fascism, any system you destroy with a tool of fascism, will turn out to be a system that fascism didn't want to begin with.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:09 pm

Yes, it does.
Every time, every where.

I should have assumed someone who claims to be King of the Incles has an incredibly disgusting disregard for human life.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Founded: May 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Yes, it does.
Every time, every where.

That's a ridiculous opinion to hold.

It really isn't

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Cisairse wrote:
That's a ridiculous opinion to hold.

So is the notion that everyone should just let people help themselves to shit that doesn't belong to them at the expense of others.

"My car is worth more than your life" is an inhumane opinion to hold, I will stand by that.
The details of the above post are subject to leftist infighting.

I officially endorse Fivey Fox for president of the United States.

Jedi Council
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:10 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:

But what if that person who stole your car uses it to run over 3 people?

Remember if a person is willing to wantonly steal other's property then it's very clear they don't care much about the lives and livelyhood of other people.

That's just indulging in hysteria.

What if someone stealing from the clothing store I worked at took that scarf so they could strangle someone?

See how ridiculous it is? A thief should not be assumed to be a killer.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Yes, it does.
Every time, every where.

I should have assumed someone who claims to be King of the Incles has an incredibly disgusting disregard for human life.

Thats not any sort of argument.

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:11 pm

Greed and Death wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:Stores, property, livelihoods, savings, these things can all be rebuilt, especially if you have good insurance, as any responsible small business owner should.

A human life, even when said life is engaged in an act which is morally wrong, should not be taken unless it is a direct threat to another life.

The problem with a lifetime of savings is it takes a life time to replace. People only get one of those. Very few insurance policies that cover this will be affordable for small businesses, especially in urban areas. Also telling someone who has lost everything he should have had insurance is a dick move.

You misunderstand once I make it clear I am present and telling the looter to leave and he still enters the property the looter is now a threat to my life. I am killing him because he is a threat to my life, and if it is you or me I will always come out alive.

Lastly telling people they have to lay down and take it is a tool of fascism, any system you destroy with a tool of fascism, will turn out to be a system that fascism didn't want to begin with.

And yet my old master for TKD. This guy was a 7th degree. He trains police and the military in hand to hand. Knows how to handle a knife like no other.

He once taught a robbery session. “If you are facing a gun and your wallet is demanded?”. He proceed to pull is wallet and tossed it. All that can be replaced; you can’t be.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Yes, it does.
Every time, every where.

watch it your making it personal and directed at a player just because of there nation name. the mods do not like that at all
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Jedi Council
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Jedi Council wrote:

No, but is a fairly accurate statement.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013

Jedi Council
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:12 pm

Gig em Aggies wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:

watch it your making it personal and directed at a player just because of there nation name. the mods do not like that at all

Feel free to report it if you believe it went too far.

I dont believe it did, but then again, neither of us are mods.
Last edited by Jedi Council on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 pm

Jedi Council wrote:

it can also be considered flaming
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Greed and Death
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:13 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
Greed and Death wrote:

And yet my old master for TKD. This guy was a 7th degree. He trains police and the military in hand to hand. Knows how to handle a knife like no other.

He once taught a robbery session. “If you are facing a gun and your wallet is demanded?”. He proceed to pull is wallet and tossed it. All that can be replaced; you can’t be.

And for the next lesson, if you have the gun and someone demands your wallet blow their brains out ?

Seriously if you are in the position of the strength by virtue of being armed and knowing the terrain (its my shop) laying down and submitting is foolish. You have no guarantee that your life will be spared for such an act of submission, and you give up your only guarantee of survival by submitting.
Last edited by Greed and Death on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:14 pm

Jedi Council wrote:

Its not. And your attempts at flaming make you look bad. Not me.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
So is the notion that everyone should just let people help themselves to shit that doesn't belong to them at the expense of others.

"My car is worth more than your life" is an inhumane opinion to hold, I will stand by that.

You seem to be operating on the false opinion that it's the vehicles owner who made that decision and not the scumbag deciding to steal what doesn't belong to him.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

United States of Devonta
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 20, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby United States of Devonta » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:15 pm

Protester says he "loves" the police and is promptly arrested.

And they wonder why some people react violently towards them. This guy was trying to reason with all of them on a human level and all the dozens of cops there decided to be monsters and take away his first amendment rights. Not one stopped it.

"I am not your enemy"
US Air Force E-4
Twenty-Five, Male, Lightskin, Social Democrat, Proud Kansan

Proud member of the IFC, SA, IHAPC, IDS, PEDC, IBE, ISA nation!

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

You seem to be operating on the false opinion that it's the vehicles owner who made that decision and not the scumbag deciding to steal what doesn't belong to him.

Generally speaking when someone kills someone and openly admits intent to do so, the death is the fault of the person committing murder, not the person being murdered.

Jedi Council
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:16 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Cisairse wrote:

Why should stealing qualify as an offense worthy of death?
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Generally speaking when someone kills someone and openly admits intent to do so, the death is the fault of the person committing murder, not the person being murdered.

Its not murder when defending yourself or your property.

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Cisairse wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Daily reminder that not all killings are murder.

Jedi Council wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Ask the guy stealing the vehicle, as he is the one that has decided to gamble with his life.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Jedi Council
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:17 pm

Cisairse wrote:

When defending yourself? No.

When defending an inanimate object? Yes.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Because property is somewhat in the same value as human life. Since it requires spending human life to acrue.

Cisairse
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Cisairse » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Cisairse wrote:

No, it really is.

King of the Incels
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby King of the Incels » Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:18 pm

Cisairse wrote:

No, it really is.

nope.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General