NATION

PASSWORD

What would it take for you to vote for me?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

What would it take for you to vote for me?

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 1:06 pm

Let's imagine something right now. Imagine that in 2024, after either four more years of a disastrous Trump presidency or 4 years of Biden screwing up, I begin running for president as an independent and plaster your TV screen with campaign ads. You see me and your curiosity is peaked in this new candidate, who seems moderately left wing and pretty liberterian. But at the end of my thirty second ad I ask you, the people, what your most important issues are.

If I ran for president tomorrow, what would I need to do to win your vote? What issues would you like to see represented? Let me know down below.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Mon May 25, 2020 1:27 pm

Single payer healthcare
Tax the rich and corporations
Less ties to China due to their human rights violations
Reconciliation with Iran by deescalation
Campaign finance reform
Pragmatic economic policies
Protect Second Amendment Rights
Less ties to the Saudis
Invest into and overhaul American Infrastructure

Do all of this without the annoying identity politics that the Democrats play with.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Munkcestrian RepubIic
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Munkcestrian RepubIic » Mon May 25, 2020 1:31 pm

You already know it. ;)

The American Northumbria Public Affairs Committee is inevitable.
MUNKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

formerly Munkchester — formerly Munkcestrian Republic — he/him/his
Pro-Slavery Alliance

South Odreria 2
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Odreria 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Pardon a ton of people, support Rojava, and propose a framework for a left wing trade agreement.
Valrifell wrote:
Disregard whatever this poster says

Return to General