NATION

PASSWORD

Why is Leftist Cali poorer than Rightist Texas?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bloing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloing » Mon May 25, 2020 2:02 am

Nazeroth wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. Because it'd be nice if you could keep some consistency with your ideals.
2. Well the US was basically like that until the 1920's where women generally weren't seen as people, so we'd only have to regress 100 years to get to that point.

Fuck consistency, were unique 8)

"unique" does not mean good
DPRK could be seen as "unique"
and its defo not good.
Bloing. (Bloing)
Uses NS stats.
WEATHER REPORT
Greater Swivalikuu: Stormy. Very warm (29°C). Tallochiside: Cloudy, Cold (-2°C). Border City: Sunny. Oppressive heat (45°C). Urbington: Somewhat cloudy. Pleasant (20°C)

Stanmenistan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Stanmenistan » Mon May 25, 2020 2:02 am

Rich Businessmen and women tend to be fairly conservative AFAIK
About me
Man is free at the instant he wants to be-Voltaire
Think for yourself & let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too― Voltaire
We know more about the surface of the moon than the deep oceans of our own planet-Alastair Fothergill
If we do not become active partners in crafting the policies that involve & affect our work, it will be done without our insight, reason & wisdom-Rita R Colwell
The God of the Bible is also the God of the genome. He can be worshipped in the cathedral or in the laboratory. His creation is majestic, awesome, intricate, & beautiful-Francis Collins
It is the greatest good to the greatest number of people which is the measure of right & wrong-Jeremy Bentham

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:03 am

Bloing wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Fuck consistency, were unique 8)

"unique" does not mean good
and its defo not good.

Please enlighten us on a “good” country
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon May 25, 2020 2:03 am

Bloing wrote:nazeroth is being quite quiet now.

Five minutes since they posted when you posted this.

This is not an instant messenger. Give people time. Definitely more than five minutes.
The Blaatschapen should resign

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 am

The Blaatschapen wrote:
Bloing wrote:nazeroth is being quite quiet now.

Five minutes since they posted when you posted this.

This is not an instant messenger. Give people time. Definitely more than five minutes.

If this was instant...oh boy
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Iscoria
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 02, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Iscoria » Mon May 25, 2020 2:04 am

Stanmenistan wrote:Rich Businessmen and women tend to be fairly conservative AFAIK

Unsurprisingly

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:05 am

Iscoria wrote:
Stanmenistan wrote:Rich Businessmen and women tend to be fairly conservative AFAIK

Unsurprisingly

Usually hotter news anchors as well but thats off topic

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 2:05 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bloing wrote:"unique" does not mean good
and its defo not good.

I like Australia, myself. Although the gun laws here would likely not be to your liking.

As you know though good is subjective.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Iscoria wrote:
Unsurprisingly

Usually hotter news anchors as well but thats off topic

Of course, you wouldn't want people actually listening to the news now, christ they might even become informed, that won't do at all.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:06 am

Albrenia wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

I like Australia, myself. Although the gun laws here would likely not be to your liking.

Isnt australia chinas whipping boy though?

Iscoria
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Iscoria » Mon May 25, 2020 2:07 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bloing wrote:"unique" does not mean good
and its defo not good.

The scandinavian ones: they are the happiest countries on earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Hap ... ess_Report

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 2:08 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Isnt australia chinas whipping boy though?

They're bitching at us now, but it's for the best in the end if it makes us stop trading so much with their monstrous regime.

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon May 25, 2020 2:08 am

San Kalungsod Saludong wrote:I'm asking this because of a recent video published by Prager University showing how Leftwing De-

Stop - you know this argument's not gonna hold up when you blatantly reference an untrusted site.

Just... no.

Republic of Astoria | Tarain Asdair | Vasnin Astoir
Updates! | Constitution | Bill of Rights | Anthem | Lyrics | Embassy | FAQ | NS stats unused
Jul 21, 2020
✉ ABC News: Forests doing well, but climate change putting pressure on it | #musicparade: listeners choose their favourites | Refugee sews 1000 masks for his new hometown | NCP calls for aid package for companies | New evidence of large temples in Onsteyl | Weather: Footscray ☁ 14°C | Altas ☁ 16° | Esterpine ☁ 15° |  Naltgybal ☂⛆ 13° | Ceirtryn ☀ 17° | Bynscel ☁ 21° | Lyteel  ☁ 13°

A 7 civ | 9th in NSFB#1! | 10/10 by DGES | Much hope: yes.
Low-effort responses since 15/5/20: 67½ | Good responses since 20/7/20: 5

mit zuckerguß

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:09 am

Iscoria wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

The scandinavian ones: they are the happiest countries on earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Hap ... ess_Report

Meh too tough on guns, czech republic might be better

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:09 am

The thread title is plain wrong. California is richer than Texas, GDP per capita.

I see the OP has made the claim that there's more income inequality in CA than in TX. Maybe so, but that's not the same thing.

The poverty rate in Texas is worse than that in California, so don't just put "poverty" instead of "poorer"

It's up to you how you unfuck that thread title, OP, but please do so.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:10 am

Iscoria wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Oh please don't give him the opportunity to make sweeping generalisations about other countries, this is about whether California is poorer than Texas for what it's worth so better to stay on that topic at least - keep the sweeping generalisations to just the two states.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Iscoria
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Iscoria » Mon May 25, 2020 2:11 am

Bombadil wrote:
Iscoria wrote:

Oh please don't give him the opportunity to make sweeping generalisations about other countries, this is about whether California is poorer than Texas for what it's worth so better to stay on that topic at least - keep the sweeping generalisations to just the two states.

He asked about countries, so I gave him a response.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 2:12 am

-Astoria wrote:
San Kalungsod Saludong wrote:I'm asking this because of a recent video published by Prager University showing how Leftwing De-

Stop - you know this argument's not gonna hold up when you blatantly reference an untrusted site.

Just... no.

PragerU's only real use is as fodder for people to make shitty chopped-up videos where the arsehole speaks about wanting to hail Satan and kill everyone.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:14 am

Bombadil wrote:
Iscoria wrote:

Sweeping generalization

Calls me a “him”

:roll:

Iscoria
Lobbyist

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Iscoria » Mon May 25, 2020 2:15 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Sweeping generalization

Calls me a “him”

You are cherry picking now

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 2:16 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Sweeping generalization

Calls me a “him”

No offence meant if I'm wrong, but didn't you say earlier in another thread that you are a male?

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:17 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Sweeping generalization

Calls me a “him”

There are no girls on the Internet.

十年

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:18 am

Bombadil wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
Sweeping generalization

Calls me a “him”

Sexist but okay

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:20 am

San Kalungsod Saludong wrote:I'm asking this because of a recent video published by Prager University showing how Leftwing Democratic majority Californians are fleeing the state en masse and establishing themselves at Right Wing Republican Texas.

https://youtu.be/6Svc7GLUqd4

So here are some details.

Leftist Ideology despite obviously looking out for the common man or aiming for equality in their ideas, have produced MASSIVE income inequality in China, Russia

It's been a long time since Russia was leftist. When the Soviets lost power the country had good income equality (though note, there wasn't such good equality across the Soviet Union, it's just Russia we're talking about). The first capitalist President, Boris Yeltsin, sold huge state enterprises to his mates and began the descent to what is nowdays terrible inequality.

and even the American State of California.

Here's a map showing the fastest growing States when it comes to Income Inequality.

Leftist Democratic California is number 2 in income inequality growth while Rightwing Republican Texas has among the slowest growing income inequality.

Well that's terrible, bad California, but let's hear some more about the supposed subject.

Change in equality is one thing. But it's not the same thing as inequality. With all that you've given us in the OP, there is not one word about the actual current level of inequality in either state.

Your thread title and OP are so bad, I really should have just laughed and moved on. Pretty soon I probably will, but an answer from you first would no doubt ease my way.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:22 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Sexist but okay

It's an old meme..

"There are No Girls on the Internet" is a tongue-in-cheek adage which implies that there are no female entities actually participating in online activities, especially when it comes to anonymous exchanges in chatrooms and discussion forums. The outdated myth also jests that the Internet is essentially a "sausage fest" dominated and defined by male internet users and a smaller population of male trolls or griefers who pose as women in pursuit of lulz.

If you meet a character named "FabulousHotBabe," she is almost certainly a he in real life."

十年

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General