NATION

PASSWORD

Why is Leftist Cali poorer than Rightist Texas?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 2:24 am

Bombadil wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
Sexist but okay

It's an old meme..

"There are No Girls on the Internet" is a tongue-in-cheek adage which implies that there are no female entities actually participating in online activities, especially when it comes to anonymous exchanges in chatrooms and discussion forums. The outdated myth also jests that the Internet is essentially a "sausage fest" dominated and defined by male internet users and a smaller population of male trolls or griefers who pose as women in pursuit of lulz.

If you meet a character named "FabulousHotBabe," she is almost certainly a he in real life."

Well my pronouns are not a meme.
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Mon May 25, 2020 2:26 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
It's an old meme..

"There are No Girls on the Internet" is a tongue-in-cheek adage which implies that there are no female entities actually participating in online activities, especially when it comes to anonymous exchanges in chatrooms and discussion forums. The outdated myth also jests that the Internet is essentially a "sausage fest" dominated and defined by male internet users and a smaller population of male trolls or griefers who pose as women in pursuit of lulz.

If you meet a character named "FabulousHotBabe," she is almost certainly a he in real life."

Perhaps if you share what they are it may clear up any confusion.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:28 am

Jedi Council wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Perhaps if you share what they are it may clear up any confusion.

To be fair I normally use 'they' and I did assume Nazeroth to be male.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:29 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Iscoria wrote:
The scandinavian ones: they are the happiest countries on earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Hap ... ess_Report

Meh too tough on guns, czech republic might be better

Low inequality if I remember. *checks* Second lowest GINI by the World Bank's measure.

You might want to check other things though. Income per capita being the most obvious. Income inequality won't be very satisfying if the country itself is poor.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 2:29 am

Bombadil wrote:
Jedi Council wrote:Perhaps if you share what they are it may clear up any confusion.

For some reason I can recall Naz saying they were a fellah in the past, but my memory could be wrong.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:34 am

Bombadil wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
Sexist but okay

It's an old meme..

It's a dead meme. Brings up nothing but bad memories for me.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:34 am

Albrenia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

For some reason I can recall Naz saying they were a fellah in the past, but my memory could be wrong.

Well, we're all just dogs on the Internet.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 2:35 am

Bombadil wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Ethel's a cat, and Gallo's Darth Vader.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 2:35 am

Bombadil wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

I've heard there are cats too. Never met one. I guess they've learned to bark just like a dog?

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon May 25, 2020 2:36 am

Bombadil wrote:
Albrenia wrote:

Worse than being misgendered, being misspecied :meh:
The Blaatschapen should resign

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon May 25, 2020 2:37 am

Albrenia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Ethel's a cat, and Gallo's Darth Vader.

Take off that mask and there's a labrador under there.

十年

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon May 25, 2020 2:39 am

New haven america wrote:lol, the average poor-middle class person in the left area of California are middle-upper middle class in most other areas of the nation.

That just tells me that the cost of living is insane in any area of CA where that's true. There's no point of having what seems like a lot of money on paper if it's not actually making you any better off than a poor person would be somewhere else. In fact, it seems incredibly wasteful of one's life to work long hours just to "make ends meet" in CA when the same amount of money would make the person instantly upper-middle if they moved somewhere that charged reasonable amounts of money for housing and necessities.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 4:29 am

California is only left wing socially. Economically it's centrist at farthest left, and that's why it's got so many poor people.

Some Google executives move into a neighborhood, the rent goes up and soon the original people there are living in tents.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Mon May 25, 2020 4:39 am

Well I never knew Texas had a wine industry.
Everything is intertwinkled

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Mon May 25, 2020 4:42 am

well, in my country poorrer areas tend to be more left-wing than rich areas

but then again, the usa is very different
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 4:42 am

Agarntrop wrote:well, in my country poorrer areas tend to be more left-wing than rich areas

Are you in the UK?
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon May 25, 2020 4:45 am

Unironicly useing Prager U as a source?

Bruh

-Astoria
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby -Astoria » Mon May 25, 2020 4:51 am

Rojava Free State wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:well, in my country poorrer areas tend to be more left-wing than rich areas

Are you in the UK?

Says so in his OOC factbook.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon May 25, 2020 4:55 am

Iscoria wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Please enlighten us on a “good” country

The scandinavian ones: they are the happiest countries on earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Hap ... ess_Report

See beacuse that doesn't fit the narrative the report is ""invalid"" beacuse of conservative feelings.

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon May 25, 2020 4:57 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Well I never knew Texas had a wine industry.

Houston, we've got a drinking problem :)
The Blaatschapen should resign

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 4:58 am

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Iscoria wrote:

See beacuse that doesn't fit the narrative the report is ""invalid"" beacuse of conservative feelings.

Everyone knows only conservative think tanks can be trusted. Evidence from unbiased sources is biased.

Mississippianland
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mississippianland » Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 am

San Kalungsod Saludong wrote:I'm asking this because of a recent video published by Prager University showing how Leftwing Democratic majority Californians are fleeing the state en masse and establishing themselves at Right Wing Republican Texas.

https://youtu.be/6Svc7GLUqd4

So here are some details.

Leftist Ideology despite obviously looking out for the common man or aiming for equality in their ideas, have produced MASSIVE income inequality in China, Russia and even the American State of California.

Here's a map showing the fastest growing States when it comes to Income Inequality.

Leftist Democratic California is number 2 in income inequality growth while Rightwing Republican Texas has among the slowest growing income inequality.

(Image)

which means my state has the 4th lowest income equality growth rate :)

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 4:59 am

Albrenia wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

Everyone knows only conservative think tanks can be trusted. Evidence from unbiased sources is biased.

Evidence that doesn't suggest Obama is a Muslim atheist communist fascist is biased.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Mon May 25, 2020 5:00 am

-Astoria wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Are you in the UK?

Says so in his OOC factbook.

I'm not one for reading factbooks.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Mon May 25, 2020 5:02 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:
New haven america wrote:lol, the average poor-middle class person in the left area of California are middle-upper middle class in most other areas of the nation.

That just tells me that the cost of living is insane in any area of CA where that's true. There's no point of having what seems like a lot of money on paper if it's not actually making you any better off than a poor person would be somewhere else. In fact, it seems incredibly wasteful of one's life to work long hours just to "make ends meet" in CA when the same amount of money would make the person instantly upper-middle if they moved somewhere that charged reasonable amounts of money for housing and necessities.

True, and cost of living actually has a number. Well two numbers: CPI for within the US, and PPI internationally.

On a fixed income, you'd be twice as well off (twice the purchasing power) if you went to live in Argentina or the Phillipines.
But if you wanted to live somewhere a bit nicer, like Bermuda or the Cayman Islands, you'd be poorer. About half the purchasing power.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General