NATION

PASSWORD

Why is Leftist Cali poorer than Rightist Texas?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:22 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
1. It is failing though, that's the problem, 2. it has one of the highest costs of living in the nation as well as taxes. 3. There is a reason many of us are leaving for places like Texas.

I would have left too if it wasn't for my family.

1. I wasn't aware being the 5th largest economic entity in the world counts as failing
2. So does Texas
3. Who wants to break the news to him that they're mostly moving to the democratic areas of Texas?

Being a large economy means nothing if you also have almost all the nations homeless.

such a great economy yet all these homeless on the streets, out of work or homes. :roll:
Comically Evil Member of the Anti-Democracy League
Government: Tyrannical Feudal Despotism
"Crush your enemies, see them driven before you..."
"The meek will inherit nothing..."
"Behold and despair fools"
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

The Blaatschapen
Technical Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby The Blaatschapen » Mon May 25, 2020 1:23 am

Bombadil wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:California is leftist? :blink:

Really, silicon valley, where lots of billionaires made their money, is left wing?

:rofl:

The cities in general are relatively left-wing by US standards, the more rural areas can be surprisingly just as regressive as anywhere else.

"left-wing by US standards" is the exact problem. We're working with two completely different paradigms.
The Blaatschapen should resign

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Mon May 25, 2020 1:23 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Caninope wrote:Home prices are high in large part because of demand to live in California.

There are also reasons why buying a home in California is particularly attractive to those who can afford it versus somewhere like Ohio, namely the appreciation that comes with the house.

there isn't a demand anymore that's the thing, people are LEAVING the state.

And there are also people who are MOVING to the state.

So it balances itself out.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Mon May 25, 2020 1:24 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
Americans are weird over how territorial they are, and their actual angry dislike not just for other states.. I was in Manhattan Beach wearing a SF t-shirt and a guy literally told me to fuck off back to Norcal.. I was like 'dude, I'm not American, I'm just a tourist..'

So weird.

it's because america is closer to a Union of independent nations

It's really not though.

Especially compared to something like Belgium where there are distinct ethnic groups that all speak different languages there.
I'm the Pope
Secretly CIA interns stomping out negative views of the US
Türkçe öğreniyorum ama zorluk var.
Winner, Silver Medal for Debating
Co-Winner, Bronze Medal for Posting
Co-Winner, Zooke Goodwill Award

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Because Caninope may be in that room with you.
Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p
Norstal wrote:What I am saying of course is that we should clone Caninope.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:24 am

Caninope wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
It is failing though, that's the problem, it has one of the highest costs of living in the nation as well as taxes. There is a reason many of us are leaving for places like Texas.

I would have left too if it wasn't for my family.

just go put your money where your mouth is if you hate it so much and bring your family with you

I don't have the money to leave and take 15 people with me, my dad is elderly and can't move either.

My in-laws are looking at moving and getting a second house somewhere out of state.
"We will sail to a billion worlds...we will sail until every light has been extinguished"

Bloing
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Bloing » Mon May 25, 2020 1:24 am

i agree w/new haven america.
Bloing. (Bloing)
Uses NS stats.
WEATHER REPORT
Greater Swivalikuu: Stormy. Very warm (29°C). Tallochiside: Cloudy, Cold (-2°C). Border City: Sunny. Oppressive heat (45°C). Urbington: Somewhat cloudy. Pleasant (20°C)

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:24 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

wtf does that even mean "balances itself out"

nothing is improving

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Mon May 25, 2020 1:26 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Net migration has been negative among Californians for a little while, but population isn't dropping due to foreign migration + births.

It would also take way to much time for me to figure out why there's net migration, but I suspect a large part of it is just retirees moving somewhere cheaper to live larger off a nest egg (nothing wrong with that either).
I'm the Pope

Agritum wrote:Arg, Caninope is Captain America under disguise. Everyone knows it.
Frisivisia wrote:
Me wrote:Just don't. It'll get you a whole lot further in life if you come to realize you're not the smartest guy in the room, even if you probably are.

Nightkill the Emperor wrote:Thankfully, we have you and EM to guide us to wisdom and truth, holy one. :p

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon May 25, 2020 1:27 am

Nazeroth wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. I wasn't aware being the 5th largest economic entity in the world counts as failing
2. So does Texas
3. Who wants to break the news to him that they're mostly moving to the democratic areas of Texas?

1. Being a large economy means nothing if you also have almost all the nations homeless.

2. such a great economy yet all these homeless on the streets, out of work or homes. :roll:

1. By population percentage only .3% of the population is homeless, which is a pretty standard percentage.
2. Seems like a right-wing paradise to me, tbh.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Mon May 25, 2020 1:27 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Caninope wrote:just go put your money where your mouth is if you hate it so much and bring your family with you

I don't have the money to leave and take 15 people with me, my dad is elderly and can't move either.

My in-laws are looking at moving and getting a second house somewhere out of state.

Then maybe when they get another home you'll finally realize that the grass isn't actually greener on the other side.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Mon May 25, 2020 1:27 am

So... are we just gonna snipe at each other's stereotypes or are we planning on actually talking about why certain aspects of life are 'better' in Cali or Texas?

Although I must admit PragerU is pretty much Alex Jones or Francesca Ramsey level trash as a source.

Bloing
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bloing » Mon May 25, 2020 1:27 am

Nazeroth wrote:
New haven america wrote:And there are also people who are MOVING to the state.

wtf does that even mean "balances itself out"

nothing is improving

it may not be improving but its defo not getting worse
Bloing. (Bloing)
Uses NS stats.
WEATHER REPORT
Greater Swivalikuu: Stormy. Very warm (29°C). Tallochiside: Cloudy, Cold (-2°C). Border City: Sunny. Oppressive heat (45°C). Urbington: Somewhat cloudy. Pleasant (20°C)

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:28 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
1. Being a large economy means nothing if you also have almost all the nations homeless.

2. such a great economy yet all these homeless on the streets, out of work or homes. :roll:

1. By population percentage only .3% of the population is homeless, which is a pretty standard percentage.

right-wing paradise would be me not being a felon just for owning an AR-15 and not being butt raped by taxes, so you lost me there.

MineLegotia and Equestria
Envoy

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby MineLegotia and Equestria » Mon May 25, 2020 1:28 am

Albrenia wrote:So... are we just gonna snipe at each other's stereotypes or are we planning on actually talking about why certain aspects of life are 'better' in Cali or Texas?

Although I must admit PragerU is pretty much Alex Jones or Francesca Ramsey level trash as a source.

They may preach my values, but man, their sources suck.
Recent News: Imperial Regent strengthens Anti-Corruption Offices after Scandal | Minister of FA found after Ministry Blackout; Cults Blamed | 'Caplanbourgh surrender not in sight' says Minister of Defense | Parliament to pass 3843/383/23/04/2389

A nation of various species, who are mostly bureaucrats, traversing the multiverse in the name of harmony and colonialism. Not the worst nor best type of civilisation you'd want to meet.

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 am

Albrenia wrote:So... are we just gonna snipe at each other's stereotypes or are we planning on actually talking about why certain aspects of life are 'better' in Cali or Texas?

California's geographic diversity(oceans, deserts, mountains etc etc) is the best part about it, the government is dog shit on a stick.

Clesacky
Civilian

Founded: Feb 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Clesacky » Mon May 25, 2020 1:29 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I'm not a liberal or a leftist, but PragerU is hardly a good source to demonstrate which state is better. It is propaganda.

Sad, you should be.

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Mon May 25, 2020 1:30 am

Nazeroth wrote:

California's geographic diversity(oceans, deserts, mountains etc etc) is the best part about it, the government is dog shit on a stick.

The state is really no worse than a ton of other state governments.

I want to point out that there's a sitting Democratic Party Governor on the East Coast who dressed in blackface in college. Connecticut is slowly going bankrupt. Detroit declared bankruptcy less than a decade ago, etc.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon May 25, 2020 1:31 am

Nazeroth wrote:
New haven america wrote:1. By population percentage only .3% of the population is homeless, which is a pretty standard percentage.

1. right-wing paradise would be me not being a felon just for owning an AR-15 2. and not being butt raped by taxes, so you lost me there.

1. Actually, a lot of right-wing ideals generally don't like the population being able to freely have firearms.
2. Well, when it comes to economics most of the right tends to love sacrificing the well being of the group in order to keep economic gain rolling and allowing the rich to become richer, so by that standard you should be loving the place.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:31 am

Caninope wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

The state is really no worse than a ton of other state governments.

I want to point out that there's a sitting Democratic Party Governor on the East Coast who dressed in blackface in college. Connecticut is slowly going bankrupt. Detroit declared bankruptcy less than a decade ago, etc.

Meh, I think Washington State is relativley speaking nice middle ground personally. You have the benefits of both liberal and conservative leadership.

Bloing
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bloing » Mon May 25, 2020 1:32 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:
1. right-wing paradise would be me not being a felon just for owning an AR-15 2. and not being butt raped by taxes, so you lost me there.

1. Actually, a lot of right-wing ideals generally don't like the population being able to freely have firearms.
2. Well, when it comes to economics most of the right tends to love sacrificing the well being of the group in order to keep economic gain rolling and allowing the rich to become richer, so by that standard you should be loving the place.

true that
Bloing. (Bloing)
Uses NS stats.
WEATHER REPORT

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005

Postby The Lone Alliance » Mon May 25, 2020 1:32 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Actually the state's population is rather stagnate right now.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:33 am

New haven america wrote:
Nazeroth wrote:

Do you live in California?

Nazeroth
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nazeroth » Mon May 25, 2020 1:33 am

The Lone Alliance wrote:

mexican anchor babies are the only things keeping it afloat

yeah, i went there. :)

New haven america
Post Czar

Postby New haven america » Mon May 25, 2020 1:34 am

The Lone Alliance wrote:

Yes, and part of that is because has a similar net immigration/emigration rate.
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Caninope
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Caninope » Mon May 25, 2020 1:34 am

Nazeroth wrote:
Caninope wrote:The state is really no worse than a ton of other state governments.

Meh, I think Washington State is relativley speaking nice middle ground personally. You have the benefits of both liberal and conservative leadership.

There are more homeless in Seattle than San Francisco, just so you know. Also, Washington is really cold.
I'm the Pope

Frisivisia wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General