NATION

PASSWORD

The Age Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your age group?

13-15
18%
16-17
13%
18-19
11%
20-23
17%
24-26
12%
27-29
6%
30-33
10%
34-36
2%
37-39
2%
40+
10%

Total votes : 94

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Yeah the antics in the general seem almost like that of a 12 year old.

What, because it isn't some debate club shit?

No because the debates turn into strawmen competitions and petty meme insults.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 24, 2020 1:07 pm

I’m 39.
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Brunswick-upon-Raritan
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunswick-upon-Raritan » Sun May 24, 2020 1:14 pm

How do kids in the thread feel about being born into the worst generation in history? Gen Z, Z for Zero

(/s)

How are we already at the end of the alphabet? What comes after Z? Gen AA?
“Brave as the battle roll of drum,
Strong as the surf when tempests come,
Throbbed all of Jersey’s hearts of oak,
When war upon the Jerseys broke.”

CyberNations class of 2007
Former Nation | Never Forget | Support Our Troops
...got milk? ;) Drink Pepsi, Defeat Communism

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Brunswick-upon-Raritan wrote:How do kids in the thread feel about being born into the worst generation in history? Gen Z, Z for Zero

(/s)

Generation Dead.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I’m 39.

I thought you were maybe 28.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Old enough to drink, now I'm just waiting until I can get those social security cheques.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:I’m 39.

I thought you were maybe 28.

Nah. Turning 40 soon actually.
Slava Ukraini
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun May 24, 2020 1:21 pm

Am 31, and have made all the wrong choices. I have defensive failure. But I do think that perhaps everything happened for a reason. That it was always meant to be.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Brunswick-upon-Raritan
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunswick-upon-Raritan » Sun May 24, 2020 1:22 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Brunswick-upon-Raritan wrote:How do kids in the thread feel about being born into the worst generation in history? Gen Z, Z for Zero

(/s)

Generation Dead.

Lol I googled the question and one article (from 2005) proposed calling it “Generation Alpha”

As if the Zillennials weren’t emasculated enough, they’re going to be followed up by “Generation Alpha”? Lmao
“Brave as the battle roll of drum,
Strong as the surf when tempests come,
Throbbed all of Jersey’s hearts of oak,
When war upon the Jerseys broke.”

CyberNations class of 2007
Former Nation | Never Forget | Support Our Troops
...got milk? ;) Drink Pepsi, Defeat Communism

Saint Nicholas and the Hussars
Envoy

Founded: Feb 28, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Nicholas and the Hussars » Sun May 24, 2020 1:24 pm

I wonder how many people are actually children* on argument threads lol

*first option of the poll
Last edited by Saint Nicholas and the Hussars on Sun May 24, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Howtoremoveanarchistscumfromnationstates.mp4
Proud sponsor of BARYITE MACHINE CORPORATION™©™ (Powering Manipulation™)™™

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun May 24, 2020 1:26 pm

Brunswick-upon-Raritan wrote:How do kids in the thread feel about being born into the worst generation in history?

It is nobody's fault what year they were born in, and I'd say that there are people who did well and people who didn't, in every generation. There isn't anything inherently better or worse, it is mainly a perception thing.
Last edited by Saiwania on Sun May 24, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun May 24, 2020 1:28 pm

I am currently 18, but I will become 19 in mid-June.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 1:30 pm

Brunswick-upon-Raritan wrote:
Rojava Free State wrote:
Generation Dead.

Lol I googled the question and one article (from 2005) proposed calling it “Generation Alpha”

As if the Zillennials weren’t emasculated enough, they’re going to be followed up by “Generation Alpha”? Lmao

I call them generation dead cause there is no future for them. Then again there isn't much of a future for Gen Z or Millenials either.

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun May 24, 2020 1:30 pm

(/s)

Well, I can't wait until I am old enough to call Generation Delta (or whatever) the worst generation in history.

Generation Alpha seems to be next.
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Sun May 24, 2020 1:31 pm

Just turned 22
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

Jedi Council
Senator

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi Council » Sun May 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:I am 15 and, despite the attacks directed at me because of it by fellow members of this forum, proud of it.

Why is ones age something to be proud of?

Are you proud you have survived to the age of 15 or what? Age is just the process of time, I dont see how anyone can be "proud" of it, except, perhaps, the exceedingly long lived.
New Liberal | Humanist
Surfing NS Since 2013
The Huskar Social Union wrote:Jedi Council is in fact, the big gay... The lord of all gays.

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Sun May 24, 2020 1:49 pm

31 but inside younger, immature

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 1:50 pm

Jedi Council wrote:
Munkcestrian RepubIic wrote:I am 15 and, despite the attacks directed at me because of it by fellow members of this forum, proud of it.

Why is ones age something to be proud of?

Are you proud you have survived to the age of 15 or what? Age is just the process of time, I dont see how anyone can be "proud" of it, except, perhaps, the exceedingly long lived.

I'm proud to be 21 because I've almost died ten times.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Sun May 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Jedi Council wrote:Why is ones age something to be proud of? Are you proud you have survived to the age of 15 or what? Age is just the process of time, I dont see how anyone can be "proud" of it, except, perhaps, the exceedingly long lived.

What I get from their post is that maybe they're going against those bitter older types out there that bash Millennials for trends they don't like, or for things that're beyond their control, such as being born in an era with better technology, comforts, etc. The same goes for those who bash Gen Z and etc. arbitrarily.

If this is the case, good for them. You can't let people who want silly generational conflicts to bother you. Usually it is envy for what the youth have, or those who're too rigid in their mindset on how the world should work.
Sith Acolyte

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun May 24, 2020 1:54 pm

Are there really that many young teens here?

I was expecting adults and older teenagers to be making up more of the poll.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 24, 2020 1:57 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:Are there really that many young teens here?

Time of year influences that very often. We have major influxes of teenagers at this time of year as school is out. As the summer progresses and fall starts, you see less youngsters and more adults although I think the median age range for NS is around 16-21 years of age.
Last edited by Nanatsu no Tsuki on Sun May 24, 2020 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slava Ukraini

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Postby Stellar Colonies » Sun May 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Stellar Colonies wrote:Are there really that many young teens here?

Time of year influences that very often. We have major influxes of teenagers at this time of year as school is out. As the summer progresses and fall starts, you see less youngsters and more adults although I think the median age range for NS is around 16-21 years of age.

Ah, NS Summer.

Somehow worse than NS Winter...although I may be biased, since I made my first nation in December 2016.

North Californian.

Add 1200 years.

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Sun May 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:

Ah, NS Summer.

Somehow worse than NS Winter...although I may be biased, since I made my first nation in December 2016.

I’ve been here so long it doesn’t register. NS Summer, I mean. But if you were to check it out, you would see what I mean in terms of influx. We get a lot of young posters for the summer break with a drop in their participation as school starts again in the fall. Some do stay, but many don’t, or just come during school breaks.
Slava Ukraini

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Sun May 24, 2020 2:31 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Generation Dead.

It's not too late to change them to coronials.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sun May 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Rusozak wrote:

It's not too late to change them to coronials.

No matter how far you kick the can down the road, eventually a generation will be given a real loser name.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General