NATION

PASSWORD

Bits and bots

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Bits and bots

Postby Dreisburg » Wed May 20, 2020 11:52 pm

Following the development of AI some concerns are making people question about if these may really cause harm to us.
Do you think that bots may turn against the human race?
- If you can give a bot to think and it may well notice that it is superior to humans it may try to well kill humans. Like the Sophia bot at SXSW said that she want to destroy humans.
Do you think that bots should be given rights?
- Definately not. Bots should only be there to help humans and not think independently, apart from that they are don't have a soul.
Would bots during wars be useful?
- Well it may be useful as human lives aren't lost but they might notice and question why they are woking for humans.
What do you guys think?

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Thu May 21, 2020 2:18 am

Dreisburg wrote:Following the development of AI some concerns are making people question about if these may really cause harm to us.
Do you think that bots may turn against the human race?
- If you can give a bot to think and it may well notice that it is superior to humans it may try to well kill humans. Like the Sophia bot at SXSW said that she want to destroy humans.
Do you think that bots should be given rights?
- Definately not. Bots should only be there to help humans and not think independently, apart from that they are don't have a soul.
Would bots during wars be useful?
- Well it may be useful as human lives aren't lost but they might notice and question why they are woking for humans.
What do you guys think?

I think AI would eventually turn on humans if the AI is capable of being concerned about nature and the planet and if the AI came to the conclusion humans were a net-negative parasite.

Grimmsland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Grimmsland » Thu May 21, 2020 2:23 am

Also... I cannot wrap my mind around AI becoming self-aware/conscious. I just do not understand how it is possible. But maybe it doesn't have to be. All it has to become is powerful enough to process enough data to come to conclusions and have been given a way by humans to over-power systems..?

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Thu May 21, 2020 2:47 am

We should give AI souls, we should give them freedom.They should have rights and be more intelligent.They will also be infected with human habits and a little bit.They are son of human.I would like to know more about how AI see the world.
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dreisburg » Thu May 21, 2020 3:51 am

Grimmsland wrote:Also... I cannot wrap my mind around AI becoming self-aware/conscious. I just do not understand how it is possible. But maybe it doesn't have to be. All it has to become is powerful enough to process enough data to come to conclusions and have been given a way by humans to over-power systems..?

Hmm true there is no way for AI to become conscious good point there

Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dreisburg » Thu May 21, 2020 3:52 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:We should give AI souls, we should give them freedom.They should have rights and be more intelligent.They will also be infected with human habits and a little bit.They are son of human.I would like to know more about how AI see the world.

We can't give AI souls lmao

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu May 21, 2020 4:17 am

A self-aware and sapient AI would be entitled, imho, to the rights of a human being. Forcing them to work would be slavery. Unintelligent robots are just complicated tools though, and can be used as we see fit.

Of course, we'd still have the right to kill it in self defence, as we do with other humans who seek to do us harm.

Shanghai industrial complex
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shanghai industrial complex » Thu May 21, 2020 4:18 am

Dreisburg wrote:
Shanghai industrial complex wrote:We should give AI souls, we should give them freedom.They should have rights and be more intelligent.They will also be infected with human habits and a little bit.They are son of human.I would like to know more about how AI see the world.

We can't give AI souls lmao

How dare you look down on AI.I will tell Siri
多看空我 仮面ライダークウガをたくさん見てください Watch more Masked Rider Kukuku Kuuga!

Dreisburg
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Dreisburg » Sat May 23, 2020 12:21 am

Shanghai industrial complex wrote:
Dreisburg wrote:We can't give AI souls lmao

How dare you look down on AI.I will tell Siri

Although AI can be free thinkers and programmed to make conclusions that doesnt give them any souls. Humans can never make any souls.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General