NATION

PASSWORD

The Issue of Hatred

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hunzali
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Hunzali » Thu May 21, 2020 8:25 pm

Albrenia wrote:I'm not a fan of formal or enforced shunning or exclusion of racists. I'm more for arguing against them and telling them why their ideas are shit on an individual bases, or just ignoring them as the situation dictates.

I'm totally against nonhuman-ing people for any reason. Even serial killers are human.

The issue is now that when it comes "de-radicalizing" racists of sorts, arguments with facts rarely work.

You gotta beat them with love.

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 pm

If we're trying to solve racism, that's not possible. But we can reduce coronavirus-related hate crimes by not blaming China for the virus. So if politicians stop calling it a Wuhan virus, that would help already.

Other than that, people should stop tolerating and justifying hate.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

Byeclase
Spokesperson

Founded: May 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Byeclase » Thu May 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Geneviev wrote:If we're trying to solve racism, that's not possible. But we can reduce coronavirus-related hate crimes by not blaming China for the virus. So if politicians stop calling it a Wuhan virus, that would help already.

I think it's possible and the long-term solution to racism is communism and education.
The short-term solution is antifascism and education.

I identify 2 categories of them:

1. The ignorant ones who can be convinced and their class position isn't aligned with their interests in capitalism. What is supported in the thread can mostly work, a more liberal view and rehabilitation. Yet sometimes it's difficult or not possible since they aren't willing to it and they may be violently active, in whose case we don't have to let them harm us and defend ourselves.

2. The clever ones who can't be convinced because the class position is aligned with their interests in capitalism, no matter if you're right and you explain them the same a thousand times, the person knows it's a farce and wrong, and isn't willing to give up. Their tactic is manipulating the people to benefit themselves and they know that pulling racism reinforces their system by propagating myths against us as they see their wealth and/or other privileges are in danger. These are the worst kind, and I support the Hakinda consideration of them, their sense of life is worsening the world for their pleasure. I think this is where liberalism doesn't work. Liberalism ignores this in theory (individualist and socially blind analysis), it lacks this nuance and it can be used by those who hate innocents.

-Inside this second category, those who act and those who don't act on it beyond personal relationships.
Those who don't act tend to be conservatives, or if they act they have more care for the law, often go coward if they have to do too much.
Those who act everytime, can be conservative or fascists, leaning fascism, they don't care as much for the law and they go coward but not as much. They can be directly violent and murderous (or indirectly, commanding the first category) against the social groups they hate.

-Inside the first category, those who act are the puppets of the ones in the second category in an active way, those who don't act beyond personal relationships are puppets in a more passive way.

-As ideologies for social change advance, the conservative and fascist ideological masks can be turned into liberal, social democrat (Capriles, Guaidó for example) or even false communist masks (trots for example) if the former ideological rightist masks are discredited in the eyes of the people and they can't serve anymore as excuse to keep their privileges. To eliminate the root of racism I think we have to reach the communist society, and to reach it a point of confrontation against centrism as we advance winning over rightism is imposed in the struggle, no matter if we like it or not.

I think this disconnection of the issue with class is why some people have the defeatist view that it can't be solved, ever. And some people may want to disconnect it on purpose, those belonging to the second category.
Last edited by Byeclase on Thu May 21, 2020 10:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 7:34 am

Qabea wrote:I think the only reason we hear about hatred and racism so much is because it's an issue moderates and leftists seem to overreact to in the same manner the right overreacts to LGBTQ issues. Because of that, instances of actual hatred and racism and even implicit bias seem to be overblown.

I for the most part agree. Some people have an addiction to thinking we're still in the Jim Crow era.

LiberNovusAmericae
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby LiberNovusAmericae » Fri May 22, 2020 7:35 am

Geneviev wrote:If we're trying to solve racism, that's not possible. But we can reduce coronavirus-related hate crimes by not blaming China for the virus. So if politicians stop calling it a Wuhan virus, that would help already.

China's government is responsible for the virus. I don't think we should deny facts simply because actual bigots might abuse them to serve a narrative.

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri May 22, 2020 8:00 am

Infinity Shard wrote:I have an Asian-American friend who was walking her dog outside several weeks ago. A Caucasian man ran up to her and punched her onto the ground, and he also kicked her dog after it started barking. Ignoring or staying away from a bigot can only go so far.

I'd say that this is going too far, even as someone who believes that skin color and lineage matters for a lot of things. They can't behave like this in public, they're going to get themself arrested and charged. Bigotry in general, doesn't always need to include antisocial behavior.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Fri May 22, 2020 10:05 am

Valentine Z wrote:Maybe you have some resentment towards a particular group of people, maybe it's from wartime in particular. Or their government. Or the recent viral outbreak. It's easier than done, but it's never ever right to me to hate someone just because of their race, religion, language, nationality, etc. I sound like that guy who preaches about peace all the time, and yes, I am indeed a person who takes peace as an option for a lot of the time.

I used to hate Japan and Japanese people as a kid, all the while thinking the Japanese were racist to me and my people, because of the litany of atrocities they committed against Chinese and Koreans during the Second Sino-Japanese War. Little did I realize I was being racist to them. Anti-Japanese hate was once commonplace among certain groups of overseas Chinese at the time. I was also a patriotic Chinese nationalist who loved China and hated Tibetans and Taiwanese and wanted to see them "summarily dealt with" for daring to think of themselves as other than Chinese, even though I disliked the CCP and its creeping encroachment into HK's internal affairs, which at the time was still really subtle and easy to ignore. I just didn't dislike the CCP as much as I do now now that Xi is in charge.

What happened to my fellow Chinese happened a long time ago. Japan is not the country it once was. There is no good reason for me to hate Japan or Japanese people. Nowadays, I admire the Japanese more than ever before. If there's one country that hasn't moved on from history, it's China, not Japan.

I'm a Malaysian Chinese from HK, and I blame China for this pandemic. Labeling criticism of the CCP and the WHO as "racist" and "xenophobic", while well-intentioned, does political dissidents in HK and China a huge disservice. It's a strategic misstep at best and an outright betrayal on woke, PC, ideological grounds at worst. It is a form of Chinese political correctness that serves the CCP's agenda perfectly. See the video in my sig if you want to know how dishonest and two-faced the media is when it comes to the name of the virus. Wuhan coronavirus is perfectly acceptable, especially for someone like me who absolutely refuses to call it "Covid-19" just to spite the WHO and the CCP. Kung Flu is borderline.

Byeclase wrote:

I think it's possible and the long-term solution to racism is communism and education.
The short-term solution is antifascism and education.

I identify 2 categories of them:

1. The ignorant ones who can be convinced and their class position isn't aligned with their interests in capitalism. What is supported in the thread can mostly work, a more liberal view and rehabilitation. Yet sometimes it's difficult or not possible since they aren't willing to it and they may be violently active, in whose case we don't have to let them harm us and defend ourselves.

2. The clever ones who can't be convinced because the class position is aligned with their interests in capitalism, no matter if you're right and you explain them the same a thousand times, the person knows it's a farce and wrong, and isn't willing to give up. Their tactic is manipulating the people to benefit themselves and they know that pulling racism reinforces their system by propagating myths against us as they see their wealth and/or other privileges are in danger. These are the worst kind, and I support the Hakinda consideration of them, their sense of life is worsening the world for their pleasure. I think this is where liberalism doesn't work. Liberalism ignores this in theory (individualist and socially blind analysis), it lacks this nuance and it can be used by those who hate innocents.

-Inside this second category, those who act and those who don't act on it beyond personal relationships.
Those who don't act tend to be conservatives, or if they act they have more care for the law, often go coward if they have to do too much.
Those who act everytime, can be conservative or fascists, leaning fascism, they don't care as much for the law and they go coward but not as much. They can be directly violent and murderous (or indirectly, commanding the first category) against the social groups they hate.

-Inside the first category, those who act are the puppets of the ones in the second category in an active way, those who don't act beyond personal relationships are puppets in a more passive way.

-As ideologies for social change advance, the conservative and fascist ideological masks can be turned into liberal, social democrat (Capriles, Guaidó for example) or even false communist masks (trots for example) if the former ideological rightist masks are discredited in the eyes of the people and they can't serve anymore as excuse to keep their privileges. To eliminate the root of racism I think we have to reach the communist society, and to reach it a point of confrontation against centrism as we advance winning over rightism is imposed in the struggle, no matter if we like it or not.

I think this disconnection of the issue with class is why some people have the defeatist view that it can't be solved, ever. And some people may want to disconnect it on purpose, those belonging to the second category.

*cringe*

Are you a tankie? Honest question so I know whether to take you seriously.

Communism is how the party that starved 50 million people to death, allowed a deadly disease to spread unchecked to almost every country in the world through its own face-saving incompetence, and is now hammering the final nail in my hometown's coffin with its National Security Law, first came to power in the first place. When are you commies going to accept responsibility and just say you're sorry for all the unforgivable crimes that have been committed in the name of your failed ideology? And don't give me this "no true commie" BS like you just did with Trotsky. He was a commie too. Makes me wonder if you're a tankie. Just accept that communism has failed already and move on.

The CCP is a huge part of the reason there is so much racism directed against us by ignorant people who, for instance, blame HONG KONG PEOPLE for the spread of the virus and the perceived customs of Mainland Chinese next door whom Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, and many overseas Chinese like myself have nothing to do with. That ignorant fuck in the YT comments section who wrote that shit needs to shove a fucking book up his ass before he runs his mouth (meaning he needs to read up, not literally shove something up his ass; don't ban me).

Communism isn't the solution to racism. It merely buries the issue under the rug, leaving it to fester unnoticed until it rears its ugly head again many years later. I would argue that communism actually makes it worse by ignoring rather than directly addressing the problem, which is also how the coronavirus spread and millions of people starved to death throughout the last century. One need only look at Yugoslavia, Eastern Europe, and China. All of these communist states have failed to eradicate racism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-Muslim bigotry, and other forms of hatred and bigotry, many of which are now being openly practiced and officially condoned from Poland, Hungary, and Russia, to China and North Korea. Racism is a far bigger problem in these countries than it is in Western countries. The same goes for fascism. China and Russia are literally racist, fascist, imperialist states now. Thanks to communism. See the link in my sig.
Last edited by New Bremerton on Fri May 22, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Qabea
Envoy

Founded: Apr 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Qabea » Fri May 22, 2020 12:08 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I hate hatred. I think it's pretty simple as that! :P

I hate hate >:(

Reminds me of when I gave an indoduction to s Student Congress speech that went something like: "Too many people are tolerant of intolerance... I HATE [insert bill name here]."
REPUBLIC of QABEA
A well developed and cultured MT francophone republic spanning the Fertile Crescent.
Nationalist & Progressive Republican from the Deep South

Pronouns: He/Him

Pro: Cultural nationalism, Free college, Free speech, GMO labeling, Gun rights, Labor, Medical marijuana, Populism, Protectionism, Secularism, Universal basic income, Universal healthcare
Neutral: Abortion rights, Green politics, LGBTQ+ rights, Religious freedom
Anti: Affirmative action, Big corporations, Globalism, Immigration, Imperialism, Interventionism, Islamic extremism, Neoconservatism, Neoliberalism, Recreational marijuana, Zionism

Infinity Shard
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Infinity Shard » Fri May 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I hate hatred. I think it's pretty simple as that! :P

Indeed.

Byeclase
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byeclase » Fri May 22, 2020 3:47 pm

New Bremerton wrote:Are you a tankie? Honest question so I know whether to take you seriously.

Depending on what you mean by tankie.
A person who supports the soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia? A person who considers NK, Cuba and China communists? Then I'm not a tankie.
A person who supports the early Soviet Union, Stalin, Albania, and the suppression of the Hungarian counterrevolution? Then yes I'm a tankie.

New Bremerton wrote:Communism is how the party that starved 50 million people to death,

I think it's better that you tell me about what specific event we're talking about. I don't think Mao did everything right and even think he had rightist positions. If you're referring to the Great Famine in China, isn't the highest estimate 45 million?
What has ML to do with the mismanagement due to false innovative theory and why you seem to put communism in a vacuum as if it didn't have enemies and the other sides weren't already starving, killing and making famines?

New Bremerton wrote:allowed a deadly disease to spread unchecked to almost every country in the world through its own face-saving incompetence, and is now hammering the final nail in my hometown's coffin with its National Security Law, first came to power in the first place.

I think you're referring to the coronavirus and I'm not a Dengist nor do I support Xi Jinping Thought. I'm not expert on the matter as I'm not a doctor and I don't think I have much to do with Dengism. At the same time I don't think Boris Johnson or Trump were going to do it much better first, when they wanted to let the diseases be spread free so people (in theory) could become immune to it. So that's it, I can take it if you have more information, but I disagree in your association to it with communism.
Dengism conserves the bourgeoisie until today, and in theory it has to be for a long time. In any case against marxism and leninism, the planned soviet economy was already a proven step further.

Also, in the case of the video of your sig. I think they're right in calling it racist since the origin is in China, and people had to be informed before were it came from, but today it's widespread and it's not like only comes from there; thus it can be racist. The context has changed. Unless they were using it recently, in that case you're right and then it's just progressive positioning-senseless politics.

New Bremerton wrote:When are you commies going to accept responsibility and just say you're sorry for all the unforgivable crimes that have been committed in the name of your failed ideology? And don't give me this "no true commie" BS like you just did with Trotsky. He was a commie too. Makes me wonder if you're a tankie. Just accept that communism has failed already and move on.

I'm not going to accept the responsibility of crimes that I consider capitalist under the label of being communists. Neither the false ones who are just false propaganda. I feel sorry for the errors that are true, and I consider capitalism exceeds the death toll in comparison to the communists by a lot even if we take into account the revisionists, and it keeps going, with preventable deaths. Even worse for capitalism since it needs to be constantly kept, while the dictatorship of the proletariat may be a harsh period but in the highest stage no such errors and possible deaths by corrupted and brutal statists can exist.

I can of course give the "no true commie" argument, since from their own texts their deviation can be seen, and what is their role against communism and prosecuting communists too.
Trotsky specifically positioned himself against united fronts and then for the united front in China and Spain respectively, and he proposed the liberty of fractions in the party (which is antileninist and liquidationist of the party). After the civil war he wanted the Soviet Union government to wither away already. His writings were also used by the CIA to undermine the Soviet Union with his theory of the degenerate workers' state and to boost terrorism inside the Soviet Union. I consider the role of killing the party and letting it be prey for external threats surely is anticommunist.
Today there are lots of little Trotskyist internationals, often supporting entryism in socdem parties, directly supporting socdem parties or supporting the rightist sides internationally; with very few exceptions (I found only 2, the Internationalist Group and bolshevik.org). I've read even one supporting ISIS as anti-imperialist.

At the same time, trots don't consider China communist, they may consider it Dengist or Stalinist.
I'm curious about your opinion on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maoist_Co ... y_of_China

So that's it, just because you have the label doesn't mean you're a communist. ISIS also has the islamic label and it isn't the same than Iran and other shias or even sunnis.

New Bremerton wrote:The CCP is a huge part of the reason there is so much racism directed against us by ignorant people who, for instance, blame HONG KONG PEOPLE for the spread of the virus and the perceived customs of Mainland Chinese next door whom Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, and many overseas Chinese like myself have nothing to do with. That ignorant fuck in the YT comments section who wrote that shit needs to shove a fucking book up his ass before he runs his mouth (meaning he needs to read up, not literally shove something up his ass; don't ban me).

I'm saying that as long as capitalism exist racism is generated, and that the CCP is capitalist. Chinese socialism "market socialism" conserves the bourgeoisie indefinitely justifying it in that they're just "the birthmarks of capitalism".
Plus the CCP is conservative, if it's against well established science it means there's something to be improved there yet and it means how they examine their stuff must be improved.

At the same time I say, I see that a lot of HK independentists are just socdems, and even worse, liberals and even colonialist nostalgics. The petitions for the independence coming from cries of economic liberalism is worrying in my opinion; and this may be even further to the right than Dengism itself. In this case, I won't support it. In a similar fashion it may be an error like supporting the Lybian or Syrian rebels.

New Bremerton wrote:Communism isn't the solution to racism. It merely buries the issue under the rug, leaving it to fester unnoticed until it rears its ugly head again many years later. I would argue that communism actually makes it worse by ignoring rather than directly addressing the problem, which is also how the coronavirus spread and millions of people starved to death throughout the last century. One need only look at Yugoslavia, Eastern Europe, and China. All of these communist states have failed to eradicate racism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-Muslim bigotry, and other forms of hatred and bigotry, many of which are now being openly practiced and officially condoned from Poland, Hungary, and Russia, to China and North Korea. Racism is a far bigger problem in these countries than it is in Western countries. The same goes for fascism. China and Russia are literally racist, fascist, imperialist states now. Thanks to communism. See the link in my sig.

I agree in that China and Russia racist and imperialist states now; but I don't think Russia is fascist, just conservative (China is too) with nazbol foreign policy attached. They belong to the second bloc of imperialists, opposed to the US but still imperialists. Russia is conservative thanks to the anticommunist counterrevolution, thanks them, not communism which had a progressive role for antiracist, pro-women and anti-imperialist policies. Except when it turned social-imperialist, which both China and Albania denounced by the way and there was a Sino-Soviet split. And then Albania broke with China too for their capitalism and late Mao support of rightists. (See for example... Reflections on China, Vol I https://www.marxists.org/reference/arch ... lume_1.pdf and Vol II https://www.marxists.org/reference/arch ... lume_2.pdf ... Imperialist and the Revolution https://marxists.architexturez.net/refe ... mp_ch1.htm by Enver Hoxha).

Communism shouldn't ignore the problem of racism. Leninism has a theory for oppressed nationalities which aim to deal with that oppression and racism.
I think you can't put Yugoslavia and Eastern Europe and look the the contemporary age, simply because they're not right now communists, and because often those states were simply ruled by revisionist cliques and didn't go further than a short period where there were still bourgeois remnants, which include racism. In the case of lot of those Eastern Europe states the far rightists took power and propagandized even worse than in countries where there wasn't a communist influence, this can be a result of defeat in the struggle. Nothing that proves it was worse, just that counterrevolution took place and did a good work on propaganda. Yet if you see surveys there are lots of zones which prefer the old Soviet system.

The Soviet Union improved working hours for the people, even less than 8 hours, it gave medicine, healthcare and education. Advancement for women, respect for nationalities. Something than tsarism would never do. The country was so backwards and in the heat of war it had to industrialize very fast to win the war against fascism, and they achieved it.

Also, of course, not even the honest ML in those times would eradicate the transphobia and homophobia yet there, it wasn't accepted around the world and it wasn't established as science and these issues were miscarried. Right now we're in the XXI's century and not in the beginning of the XX's century.
Yet, the tolerance of same sex relationships was seen earlier in the revisionist (deviated from leninism) East Germany than in West Germany, where the conservative influence of the Church was higher. See for example... Rudolf Klimmer, whose works were used to decriminalize homosexuality a year earlier than West Germany.

I disagree on the case of anti-Muslim bigotry.

"The Soviet Government considers that the Sharia, as common law, is as fully authorized as that of any other of the peoples inhabiting Russia.

If the Daghestan people desire to preserve their laws and customs, they should be preserved."

https://www.marxists.org/reference/arch ... /11/13.htm

Yet you can say... "this is just a text and it doesn't reflect an action". Ok, if it doesn't reflect in actions then it isn't a dictatorship of the proletariat and it isn't communism but liberalism, a face of capitalism. Communism means advancing towards the abolition of classes and liberalism simply lets the oppressors roam free with impunity.

And of course, at the same time, muslim dangerous conservatism would be prosecuted, like Albania prosecuted people who claimed to be islamists and sanctified stomping on women's rights in sharia law.

Asian Tourists
Lobbyist

Founded: May 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Asian Tourists » Fri May 22, 2020 4:26 pm

I almost feel bad about the hatred that’s going on. There’s always stupid people and there’s no way to completely stop what they want to do. I’d be very much appalled, though much of the world’s issues wouldn’t be so if Asians hadn’t started the virus. The only thing we could do for the time being is to have a spine and deal with the people that harm or put others at danger.
Chupachups

Pro: Agnosticism, assimilation, legal immigration, mixed government, mixed capitalism, secularism, realistic ecopolicies, smart nationalism
Anti: Biden, Democratic Party, liberalism, multiculturalism, religion in general, Republican Party, state socialism, Trump, unregulated capitalism, unregulated/mass migration

Centai Mal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Centai Mal » Sat May 23, 2020 9:09 am

LiberNovusAmericae wrote:
Qabea wrote:I think the only reason we hear about hatred and racism so much is because it's an issue moderates and leftists seem to overreact to in the same manner the right overreacts to LGBTQ issues. Because of that, instances of actual hatred and racism and even implicit bias seem to be overblown.

I for the most part agree. Some people have an addiction to thinking we're still in the Jim Crow era.

I suggest reading The New Jim Crow, by Michelle Alexander, which outlines how we’ve moved past “Jim Crow” into a somewhat similar set of rules.
“Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.”

Religion: Catholic
Disabled and queer as hell
Biden 2020
Firefighter I certified, off to EMS and Rookie School next fall

Centai Mal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Centai Mal » Sat May 23, 2020 9:13 am

Byeclase wrote:
New Bremerton wrote:Are you a tankie? Honest question so I know whether to take you seriously.

Depending on what you mean by tankie.
A person who supports the soviet invasion of Czechoslovakia? A person who considers NK, Cuba and China communists? Then I'm not a tankie.
A person who supports the early Soviet Union, Stalin, Albania, and the suppression of the Hungarian counterrevolution? Then yes I'm a tankie.

New Bremerton wrote:Communism is how the party that starved 50 million people to death,

I think it's better that you tell me about what specific event we're talking about. I don't think Mao did everything right and even think he had rightist positions. If you're referring to the Great Famine in China, isn't the highest estimate 45 million?
What has ML to do with the mismanagement due to false innovative theory and why you seem to put communism in a vacuum as if it didn't have enemies and the other sides weren't already starving, killing and making famines?

New Bremerton wrote:allowed a deadly disease to spread unchecked to almost every country in the world through its own face-saving incompetence, and is now hammering the final nail in my hometown's coffin with its National Security Law, first came to power in the first place.

I think you're referring to the coronavirus and I'm not a Dengist nor do I support Xi Jinping Thought. I'm not expert on the matter as I'm not a doctor and I don't think I have much to do with Dengism. At the same time I don't think Boris Johnson or Trump were going to do it much better first, when they wanted to let the diseases be spread free so people (in theory) could become immune to it. So that's it, I can take it if you have more information, but I disagree in your association to it with communism.
Dengism conserves the bourgeoisie until today, and in theory it has to be for a long time. In any case against marxism and leninism, the planned soviet economy was already a proven step further.

Also, in the case of the video of your sig. I think they're right in calling it racist since the origin is in China, and people had to be informed before were it came from, but today it's widespread and it's not like only comes from there; thus it can be racist. The context has changed. Unless they were using it recently, in that case you're right and then it's just progressive positioning-senseless politics.

New Bremerton wrote:When are you commies going to accept responsibility and just say you're sorry for all the unforgivable crimes that have been committed in the name of your failed ideology? And don't give me this "no true commie" BS like you just did with Trotsky. He was a commie too. Makes me wonder if you're a tankie. Just accept that communism has failed already and move on.

I'm not going to accept the responsibility of crimes that I consider capitalist under the label of being communists. Neither the false ones who are just false propaganda. I feel sorry for the errors that are true, and I consider capitalism exceeds the death toll in comparison to the communists by a lot even if we take into account the revisionists, and it keeps going, with preventable deaths. Even worse for capitalism since it needs to be constantly kept, while the dictatorship of the proletariat may be a harsh period but in the highest stage no such errors and possible deaths by corrupted and brutal statists can exist.

I can of course give the "no true commie" argument, since from their own texts their deviation can be seen, and what is their role against communism and prosecuting communists too.
Trotsky specifically positioned himself against united fronts and then for the united front in China and Spain respectively, and he proposed the liberty of fractions in the party (which is antileninist and liquidationist of the party). After the civil war he wanted the Soviet Union government to wither away already. His writings were also used by the CIA to undermine the Soviet Union with his theory of the degenerate workers' state and to boost terrorism inside the Soviet Union. I consider the role of killing the party and letting it be prey for external threats surely is anticommunist.
Today there are lots of little Trotskyist internationals, often supporting entryism in socdem parties, directly supporting socdem parties or supporting the rightist sides internationally; with very few exceptions (I found only 2, the Internationalist Group and bolshevik.org). I've read even one supporting ISIS as anti-imperialist.

At the same time, trots don't consider China communist, they may consider it Dengist or Stalinist.
I'm curious about your opinion on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maoist_Co ... y_of_China

So that's it, just because you have the label doesn't mean you're a communist. ISIS also has the islamic label and it isn't the same than Iran and other shias or even sunnis.

New Bremerton wrote:The CCP is a huge part of the reason there is so much racism directed against us by ignorant people who, for instance, blame HONG KONG PEOPLE for the spread of the virus and the perceived customs of Mainland Chinese next door whom Hong Kongers, Taiwanese, and many overseas Chinese like myself have nothing to do with. That ignorant fuck in the YT comments section who wrote that shit needs to shove a fucking book up his ass before he runs his mouth (meaning he needs to read up, not literally shove something up his ass; don't ban me).

I'm saying that as long as capitalism exist racism is generated, and that the CCP is capitalist. Chinese socialism "market socialism" conserves the bourgeoisie indefinitely justifying it in that they're just "the birthmarks of capitalism".
Plus the CCP is conservative, if it's against well established science it means there's something to be improved there yet and it means how they examine their stuff must be improved.

At the same time I say, I see that a lot of HK independentists are just socdems, and even worse, liberals and even colonialist nostalgics. The petitions for the independence coming from cries of economic liberalism is worrying in my opinion; and this may be even further to the right than Dengism itself. In this case, I won't support it. In a similar fashion it may be an error like supporting the Lybian or Syrian rebels.

New Bremerton wrote:Communism isn't the solution to racism. It merely buries the issue under the rug, leaving it to fester unnoticed until it rears its ugly head again many years later. I would argue that communism actually makes it worse by ignoring rather than directly addressing the problem, which is also how the coronavirus spread and millions of people starved to death throughout the last century. One need only look at Yugoslavia, Eastern Europe, and China. All of these communist states have failed to eradicate racism, homophobia, transphobia, anti-Muslim bigotry, and other forms of hatred and bigotry, many of which are now being openly practiced and officially condoned from Poland, Hungary, and Russia, to China and North Korea. Racism is a far bigger problem in these countries than it is in Western countries. The same goes for fascism. China and Russia are literally racist, fascist, imperialist states now. Thanks to communism. See the link in my sig.

I agree in that China and Russia racist and imperialist states now; but I don't think Russia is fascist, just conservative (China is too) with nazbol foreign policy attached. They belong to the second bloc of imperialists, opposed to the US but still imperialists. Russia is conservative thanks to the anticommunist counterrevolution, thanks them, not communism which had a progressive role for antiracist, pro-women and anti-imperialist policies. Except when it turned social-imperialist, which both China and Albania denounced by the way and there was a Sino-Soviet split. And then Albania broke with China too for their capitalism and late Mao support of rightists. (See for example... Reflections on China, Vol I https://www.marxists.org/reference/arch ... lume_1.pdf and Vol II https://www.marxists.org/reference/arch ... lume_2.pdf ... Imperialist and the Revolution https://marxists.architexturez.net/refe ... mp_ch1.htm by Enver Hoxha).

Communism shouldn't ignore the problem of racism. Leninism has a theory for oppressed nationalities which aim to deal with that oppression and racism.
I think you can't put Yugoslavia and Eastern Europe and look the the contemporary age, simply because they're not right now communists, and because often those states were simply ruled by revisionist cliques and didn't go further than a short period where there were still bourgeois remnants, which include racism. In the case of lot of those Eastern Europe states the far rightists took power and propagandized even worse than in countries where there wasn't a communist influence, this can be a result of defeat in the struggle. Nothing that proves it was worse, just that counterrevolution took place and did a good work on propaganda. Yet if you see surveys there are lots of zones which prefer the old Soviet system.

The Soviet Union improved working hours for the people, even less than 8 hours, it gave medicine, healthcare and education. Advancement for women, respect for nationalities. Something than tsarism would never do. The country was so backwards and in the heat of war it had to industrialize very fast to win the war against fascism, and they achieved it.

Also, of course, not even the honest ML in those times would eradicate the transphobia and homophobia yet there, it wasn't accepted around the world and it wasn't established as science and these issues were miscarried. Right now we're in the XXI's century and not in the beginning of the XX's century.
Yet, the tolerance of same sex relationships was seen earlier in the revisionist (deviated from leninism) East Germany than in West Germany, where the conservative influence of the Church was higher. See for example... Rudolf Klimmer, whose works were used to decriminalize homosexuality a year earlier than West Germany.

I disagree on the case of anti-Muslim bigotry.

"The Soviet Government considers that the Sharia, as common law, is as fully authorized as that of any other of the peoples inhabiting Russia.

If the Daghestan people desire to preserve their laws and customs, they should be preserved."

https://www.marxists.org/reference/arch ... /11/13.htm

Yet you can say... "this is just a text and it doesn't reflect an action". Ok, if it doesn't reflect in actions then it isn't a dictatorship of the proletariat and it isn't communism but liberalism, a face of capitalism. Communism means advancing towards the abolition of classes and liberalism simply lets the oppressors roam free with impunity.

And of course, at the same time, muslim dangerous conservatism would be prosecuted, like Albania prosecuted people who claimed to be islamists and sanctified stomping on women's rights in sharia law.

That entirely awkward moment when it becomes clear you know nothing about actual communism and you’re most likely some white middle class kid who likes to LARP as a progressive :rofl:
“Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.”

Biden 2020

Byeclase
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Byeclase » Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am

Centai Mal wrote:That entirely awkward moment when it becomes clear you know nothing about actual communism and you’re most likely some white middle class kid who likes to LARP as a progressive :rofl:

This is what radfems and democrats do to your brain guys, be aware of them.

The Myth of the "Middle Class" https://theredphoenixapl.org/2010/04/05 ... dle-class/

Have a nice day.

Centai Mal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Centai Mal » Sat May 23, 2020 2:52 pm

Byeclase wrote:
Centai Mal wrote:That entirely awkward moment when it becomes clear you know nothing about actual communism and you’re most likely some white middle class kid who likes to LARP as a progressive :rofl:

The Myth of the "Middle Class" https://theredphoenixapl.org/2010/04/05 ... dle-class/

Have a nice day.

"I am 100% a white middle class kid with no real-world experience, but it makes me uncomfortable to realize that, so I reject that"

Mate, I am far from rad-fem. Most rad-fems hate me. I am a democrat, because, as it turns out, they tend to get the most shit done for minorities. When you can put big-boy pants on, and have your own rights (real rights, not "oh the dems won't pay for my college") be turned into battle grounds, I'll probably take you more seriously. Until then, I'm not gonna listen to a Tankie who can't see that communism only leads to ruin, because human beings are intrinsically flawed and those with their own self interest will always rise to power.

Also, if you're gonna cite a source, maybe choose an un-biased one. Anything using the phrase "petty-bourgeois and proletarians" just sounds like Tankie propeganda. It's also worth noting that your link supports my point, that the middle class does, in fact, exist. Weber's social status can co-exist with the class categorical system, in what people who have access to big-boy pants refer to as "socio-economic status". Your social status (i.e. what Weber proposed) coexists, and is often influenced by your economic status. You would most likely not notice that, considering you're, y'know, middle class
Last edited by Centai Mal on Sat May 23, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Biden 2020

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat May 23, 2020 2:56 pm

Byeclase wrote:

Have a nice day.

Thank you for posting that article. I had a good read.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Centai Mal wrote:
Byeclase wrote:

Have a nice day.

"I am 100% a white middle class kid with no real-world experience, but it makes me uncomfortable to realize that, so I reject that"

Mate, I am far from rad-fem. Most rad-fems hate me. I am a democrat, because, as it turns out, they tend to get the most shit done for minorities. When you can put big-boy pants on, and have your own rights (real rights, not "oh the dems won't pay for my college") be turned into battle grounds, I'll probably take you more seriously. Until then, I'm not gonna listen to a Tankie who can't see that communism only leads to ruin, because human beings are intrinsically flawed and those with their own self interest will always rise to power.

Democrats haven't done shit for brown and black people besides taking advantage of them and then stabbing them in the back. Doesn't mean communism is good but seriously fuck the democratic party.
Last edited by Rojava Free State on Sat May 23, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

Centai Mal
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Centai Mal » Sat May 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Rojava Free State wrote:
Centai Mal wrote:"I am 100% a white middle class kid with no real-world experience, but it makes me uncomfortable to realize that, so I reject that"

Democrats haven't done shit for brown and black people besides taking advantage of them and then stabbing them in the back. Doesn't mean communism is good but seriously fuck the democratic party.

Because the republicans are so much better?

It's almost like PoC aren't the only minority, either. LGBT people are minorities, disabled people are minorities. Tell me how the republicans have treated us so much better than the dems, who, for the record, are responsible for pretty much every piece of legislation protecting us

Biden 2020

Alorgaze
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 04, 2018
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Alorgaze » Sat May 23, 2020 3:32 pm

So humans being humans?

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Sat May 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Alorgaze wrote:So humans being humans?

Dont you hate that.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General