NATION

PASSWORD

The Issue of Hatred

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed May 20, 2020 2:54 pm

Infinity Shard wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:Dont you just hate people like that.

Yes, this doesn’t help either.

I think it helps quite a bit when talking about intolerance.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed May 20, 2020 2:57 pm

I'm not a fan of formal or enforced shunning or exclusion of racists. I'm more for arguing against them and telling them why their ideas are shit on an individual bases, or just ignoring them as the situation dictates.

I'm totally against nonhuman-ing people for any reason. Even serial killers are human.

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Hatred is intrinsic to humanity. It has and will always exist. It is an unending issue, and one that cannot be solved. The best we can do is teach others to know better.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Infinity Shard
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Infinity Shard » Wed May 20, 2020 3:15 pm

Albrenia wrote:I'm not a fan of formal or enforced shunning or exclusion of racists. I'm more for arguing against them and telling them why their ideas are shit on an individual bases, or just ignoring them as the situation dictates.

I'm totally against nonhuman-ing people for any reason. Even serial killers are human.

I have an Asian-American friend who was walking her dog outside several weeks ago. A Caucasian man ran up to her and punched her onto the ground, and he also kicked her dog after it started barking.

Ignoring or staying away from a bigot can only go so far.

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Wed May 20, 2020 3:16 pm

Boycott Chinese (and non-Chinese) businesses with proven ties to the CCP? Fine.
Boycott ALL Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian businesses because cOrOnA bAd? Absolutely 100% fucked up.

It REALLY sucks when someone like me is caught between a rock (old-fashioned, anti-Asian racist bigots) and a hard place (the CCP and its legion of defenders and apologists). On one side, we have racists who purposely REFUSE to acknowledge any distinction between Mainland Chinese, Taiwanese, Hong Kongers, other overseas Chinese, pro-democracy activists, pro-Beijing apologists, coronavirus, and the Chinese Communist Party. These disgusting bigots are beyond any hope of redemption. They pose a direct threat to people who look like me for obvious reasons.

On the other side, we have leftists and progressives in the West who rightly and uncompromisingly denounce racism against Asian people. But while I appreciate their willingness to stand up for people who look like me, I find that they sometimes play right into the CCP's cynical and dishonest appropriation of legitimate anti-racist rhetoric with the aim of silencing all international criticism of its mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic back in December and January. One need only look at the manufactured media outrage over the use of terms such as "Wuhan coronavirus", "Wuhan virus", "Chinese virus", "China virus", and "Kung Flu". As the video in my sig shows, the terms "Wuhan coronavirus" and "China virus" were previously considered uncontroversial by CNN and other U.S. media outlets.

Something obviously changed along the way, and it has changed in such a way as to lead me to question the honesty and sincerity of some of these media pundits who are paid millions to spout literal nonsense. This kind of counterproductive, progressive outrage over essentially nothing does anti-CCP dissidents and pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong and China a huge disservice in their fight for freedom to the point that merely uploading a CCP virus flag to remind everyone that China screwed up its initial pandemic response, and calling out the WHO and especially Tedros and Aylward's suspiciously close relationship with China, gets one labeled a "xenophobic conspiracy theorist" and dinged by site mods for "spreading dangerous coronavirus misinformation", which I find to be rather biased in favor of the CCP.

I blame these disgusting racists for singling us out for vilification and demonization just for being or looking Chinese, but I blame the CCP a hundred times more for making the situation even shittier for us overseas Chinese, and then trying to appropriate progressive rhetoric to promote its own, morally bankrupt agenda. Part of the reason we're being demonized is because China is actually fucked up in so many ways, and the widely publicized misbehavior of Chinese tourists and Mainland Chinese in China doesn't help matters one bit. And the main reason China is as fucked up as it is is because of the fucking CCP itself. We're being royally fucked by both anti-Asian racists AND the CCP's tyranny in Hong Kong (my hometown and country of birth) and elsewhere.

Removing the CCP from power won't end racism against Chinese and Asian people overnight, but it will certainly go a long way toward reducing it. It would also go a long way toward alleviating racism and xenophobia toward white and black foreigners in China, as well as discrimination against Tibetans, Uighurs, Christians, and other minorities. The CCP is, after all, a regime that closely resembles 1930s Nazi Germany just prior to WWII. Racism, xenophobia, and discrimination, all openly condoned and even practiced by the state itself, is to be expected. By removing a fascist regime, we weaken and marginalize the influence of racists, fascists, ultranationalists, irredentists, and other assorted Chinese far-right extremists in China at the same time.

Here in Malaysia, coronavirus-fueled racism has been pretty much aimed in multiple directions by different ethnic groups against one another. Chinese against Malays. Malays against Chinese. Malays against Indians. I mean, we literally experienced deadly racial riots back in 1969. Good thing I live in a specific part of the country where people of different races and religions actually get along pretty well. It's also where far fewer cases of the coronavirus have been reported, especially over the past seven days. In India, Muslims are being blamed and attacked by Hindu nationalist mobs for spreading the disease to India via a series of religious tabligh gatherings.

I don't know how else coronavirus-fueled bigotry can be curbed short of actually eliminating transmission and mass-vaccinating over 7 billion people.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Wed May 20, 2020 3:51 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Racist homophobic should not be counted as human. The only solution to racism and homophobia is to exclude these creatures from our society (Inglourious Basterds)

Don't agree
But racist homophobic people don't like us.I'm not saying we should act like Hitler, I just say social exclusion. As social democrats, we must defend love and world fraternity

I have no need to be liked by force. If they don't like me - ok. I can live with it.

Albrenia wrote:I'm not a fan of formal or enforced shunning or exclusion of racists. I'm more for arguing against them and telling them why their ideas are shit on an individual bases, or just ignoring them as the situation dictates.

+1

Centai Mal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Centai Mal » Wed May 20, 2020 4:05 pm

Green October Z wrote:I fucking hate the new DeviantArt.

Wow it's almost like this isn't the discussion thread for that
“Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.”

Religion: Catholic
Disabled and queer as hell
Biden 2020
Firefighter I certified, off to EMS and Rookie School next fall

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed May 20, 2020 6:01 pm

Go get the roof koreans. There's my solution cause I can't stand punk ass racists going around attacking innocent people.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

The Federal Government of Iowa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Federal Government of Iowa » Wed May 20, 2020 6:03 pm

New Bremerton wrote:Boycott Chinese (and non-Chinese) businesses with proven ties to the CCP? Fine.
Boycott ALL Chinese, Taiwanese, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian businesses because cOrOnA bAd? Absolutely 100% fucked up.

It REALLY sucks when someone like me is caught between a rock (old-fashioned, anti-Asian racist bigots) and a hard place (the CCP and its legion of defenders and apologists). On one side, we have racists who purposely REFUSE to acknowledge any distinction between Mainland Chinese, Taiwanese, Hong Kongers, other overseas Chinese, pro-democracy activists, pro-Beijing apologists, coronavirus, and the Chinese Communist Party. These disgusting bigots are beyond any hope of redemption. They pose a direct threat to people who look like me for obvious reasons.

On the other side, we have leftists and progressives in the West who rightly and uncompromisingly denounce racism against Asian people. But while I appreciate their willingness to stand up for people who look like me, I find that they sometimes play right into the CCP's cynical and dishonest appropriation of legitimate anti-racist rhetoric with the aim of silencing all international criticism of its mishandling of the coronavirus pandemic back in December and January. One need only look at the manufactured media outrage over the use of terms such as "Wuhan coronavirus", "Wuhan virus", "Chinese virus", "China virus", and "Kung Flu". As the video in my sig shows, the terms "Wuhan coronavirus" and "China virus" were previously considered uncontroversial by CNN and other U.S. media outlets.

Something obviously changed along the way, and it has changed in such a way as to lead me to question the honesty and sincerity of some of these media pundits who are paid millions to spout literal nonsense. This kind of counterproductive, progressive outrage over essentially nothing does anti-CCP dissidents and pro-democracy activists in Hong Kong and China a huge disservice in their fight for freedom to the point that merely uploading a CCP virus flag to remind everyone that China screwed up its initial pandemic response, and calling out the WHO and especially Tedros and Aylward's suspiciously close relationship with China, gets one labeled a "xenophobic conspiracy theorist" and dinged by site mods for "spreading dangerous coronavirus misinformation", which I find to be rather biased in favor of the CCP.

I blame these disgusting racists for singling us out for vilification and demonization just for being or looking Chinese, but I blame the CCP a hundred times more for making the situation even shittier for us overseas Chinese, and then trying to appropriate progressive rhetoric to promote its own, morally bankrupt agenda. Part of the reason we're being demonized is because China is actually fucked up in so many ways, and the widely publicized misbehavior of Chinese tourists and Mainland Chinese in China doesn't help matters one bit. And the main reason China is as fucked up as it is is because of the fucking CCP itself. We're being royally fucked by both anti-Asian racists AND the CCP's tyranny in Hong Kong (my hometown and country of birth) and elsewhere.

Removing the CCP from power won't end racism against Chinese and Asian people overnight, but it will certainly go a long way toward reducing it. It would also go a long way toward alleviating racism and xenophobia toward white and black foreigners in China, as well as discrimination against Tibetans, Uighurs, Christians, and other minorities. The CCP is, after all, a regime that closely resembles 1930s Nazi Germany just prior to WWII. Racism, xenophobia, and discrimination, all openly condoned and even practiced by the state itself, is to be expected. By removing a fascist regime, we weaken and marginalize the influence of racists, fascists, ultranationalists, irredentists, and other assorted Chinese far-right extremists in China at the same time.

Here in Malaysia, coronavirus-fueled racism has been pretty much aimed in multiple directions by different ethnic groups against one another. Chinese against Malays. Malays against Chinese. Malays against Indians. I mean, we literally experienced deadly racial riots back in 1969. Good thing I live in a specific part of the country where people of different races and religions actually get along pretty well. It's also where far fewer cases of the coronavirus have been reported, especially over the past seven days. In India, Muslims are being blamed and attacked by Hindu nationalist mobs for spreading the disease to India via a series of religious tabligh gatherings.

I don't know how else coronavirus-fueled bigotry can be curbed short of actually eliminating transmission and mass-vaccinating over 7 billion people.

You are a genius.
Nice catching all those oddities within the media and the such. Another example of why the media can't really be trusted that much.
Right-leaning American Christian. Guns are fun. Space is fun too.
gender and biology are the same thing, sorry
I respect your right to ruin your life, but I don't have to celebrate it

"For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things. Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever!"- Romans 1: 21-25

Rojava Free State
Post Marshal

Founded: Feb 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rojava Free State » Wed May 20, 2020 6:31 pm

Infinity Shard wrote:

I have an Asian-American friend who was walking her dog outside several weeks ago. A Caucasian man ran up to her and punched her onto the ground, and he also kicked her dog after it started barking.

This is why you go out in groups.
Rojava Free State wrote:Listen yall. I'm only gonna say it once but I want you to remember it. This ain't a world fit for good men. It seems like you gotta be monstrous just to make it. Gotta have a little bit of darkness within you just to survive. You gotta stoop low everyday it seems like. Stoop all the way down to the devil in these times. And then one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you ain't you anymore. You're just another monster, and thanks to your actions, someone else will eventually become as warped and twisted as you. Never forget that the best of us are just the best of a bad lot. Being at the top of a pile of feces doesn't make you anything but shit like the rest. Never forget that.

New Bremerton
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bremerton » Thu May 21, 2020 12:07 am

The Federal Government of Iowa wrote:
New Bremerton wrote:Boycott Chinese (and non-Chinese) businesses with proven ties to the CCP? Fine.

You are a genius.
Nice catching all those oddities within the media and the such. Another example of why the media can't really be trusted that much.

Don't thank me. Thank Rojava. I stole borrowed the link from one of his posts.
LIBERA TE TUTEMET EX INFERIS (Liberate yourself from hell)
Alt of Glorious Hong Kong

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Thu May 21, 2020 12:18 am

Racism and other forms of bigotry hurt us all. When we turn on each other, robber barons and tyrants get away with everything. We need to unite against the people in power who exploit and oppress us all.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 am

Yes, but there is a cause and effect relationship but racists are not so, no reason. Can you understand that racists don't like us normal people ?

Page wrote:Racism and other forms of bigotry hurt us all. When we turn on each other, robber barons and tyrants get away with everything. We need to unite against the people in power who exploit and oppress us all.
I say let's treat racists racist. If we set off with this understanding, we can completely silence their voices.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

West Leas Oros 2
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Leas Oros 2 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 am

Green October Z wrote:I fucking hate the new DeviantArt.

What?
WLO Public News: Outdated Factbooks and other documents in process of major redesign! ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE: <error:not found>
How many South Americans need to be killed by the CIA before you realize socialism is bad?
I like to think I've come a long way since the days of the First WLO.
Conscientious Objector in the “Culture War”

NationStates Leftist Alternative only needs a couple more nations before it can hold its constitutional convention!

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu May 21, 2020 9:06 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:

Yes, but there is a cause and effect relationship but racists are not so, no reason. Can you understand that racists don't like us normal people ?

Page wrote:Racism and other forms of bigotry hurt us all. When we turn on each other, robber barons and tyrants get away with everything. We need to unite against the people in power who exploit and oppress us all.
I say let's treat racists racist. If we set off with this understanding, we can completely silence their voices.

People have a right to speak, whether we like their speech or not. I really hate people who try to impose their vision of "good" on others.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu May 21, 2020 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Mexar
Envoy

Founded: Dec 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Mexar » Thu May 21, 2020 9:38 am

Infinity Shard wrote:

Besides being a bigot, the man was also an idiot. If you think someone's carrying teh Covid, the last thing you want to do is get close enough to punch them.

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum
Minister

Founded: Sep 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum » Thu May 21, 2020 10:24 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Yes, but there is a cause and effect relationship but racists are not so, no reason. Can you understand that racists don't like us normal people ?

People have a right to speak, whether we like their speech or not. I really hate people who try to impose their vision of "good" on others.
Look, every thought must be questioned, but thinking about racism must be a crime. Don't forget the holocaust
Last edited by Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum on Thu May 21, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sosyal Demokrat Kemalist
Zayıf Agnostik
LGBT Destekçisi
-3.13 -4.77
Türk %76,2 ☾☆
Slav %22,4
Çinli %1

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Thu May 21, 2020 10:28 am

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:
Look, every thought must be questioned, but thinking about racism must be a crime. Don't forget the holocaust

I would rather know who the nazis are than not.

And no, being racist should never be a crime, directly harming people should be.

To your example.
I hate nazis/jews/muslims should be allowed
Let's go kill nazis/jews/muslims shouldnt.
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Thu May 21, 2020 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

--S. Huntington

--H. Kissenger

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Thu May 21, 2020 6:28 pm

Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:Racist homophobic should not be counted as human. The only solution to racism and homophobia is to exclude these creatures from our society (Inglourious Basterds)

Apparently the last warning didn't stick. If you cannot make your argument without broadly tarring your opposition or an entire group of people as "creatures" and "not human", then you should find a better way to make your argument. It's not difficult, racism and homophobia are both very easy viewpoints to poke full of holes without breaking the site rules in the process.

*** Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum, 1-day ban for trolling. ***

~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Thu May 21, 2020 6:46 pm

It is a non-issue to me, because at the end of the day- you can't force anyone to just like what they don't like. Hatred is just apart of our reality, just like its opposite. It is something to react to or coexist with in harmony, and not something to try to proactively go against. Where there is light, there must be darkness.

I'm a so called "low to nonexistent EQ/EI" type of person. I just don't understand why people ever want to complain/vent/confide in somebody else if they didn't want to hear a solution back to their problems in response. I'm incapable of empathy or sympathy or I just find little to no utility in it practically speaking. Stuff like it only gets in the way of the cold logic more often than not, from my perspective.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu May 21, 2020 7:15 pm

I hate hatred. I think it's pretty simple as that! :P
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu May 21, 2020 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Green October Z
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Green October Z » Thu May 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Valentine Z wrote:I hate hatred. I think it's pretty simple as that! :P

I hate hate >:(
Made in America from Vietnamese parts!
History doesn't lie, communism kills!
Alignment: Chaotic Good
China lied, people died!

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Thu May 21, 2020 7:31 pm

Of course, evaluating a little further, I know that racism and discrimination usually don't pop out of thin air. I mean sure, there are those that simply hates someone for having a particular skin color (I am not pointing fingers here; just general observation IRL), but most of the issues of hatred, as the title of the thread, have some underlying problem underneath. Does that make racism and discrimination justifiable? Hell no. Never.

Maybe you have some resentment towards a particular group of people, maybe it's from wartime in particular. Or their government. Or the recent viral outbreak. It's easier than done, but it's never ever right to me to hate someone just because of their race, religion, language, nationality, etc. I sound like that guy who preaches about peace all the time, and yes, I am indeed a person who takes peace as an option for a lot of the time.

Going back to the issue at hand with specific examples instead of talking about myself, it is unfortunate that China is the recent victim of discrimination, and that is a matter of circumstances. A very trying time for everyone involved - people are tired, afraid, angry, all sorts of emotions, and fear is a very, very powerful tool and force that drives ideologies (good or bad) forward. How would we, a random person on the internet that people probably never heard that we exist, deal with that? Maybe some love, perhaps. ♥ The government can be awful, some people can be awful. But the Chinese (even the PRC), most of the people are innocent and fearful of their own lives, just like us.

The world news is a damning place where all hopes more or less come to die. Negativity sells, after all. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I always tell most people that for the most parts, no country or people are absolutely good, but they are not absolutely evil as well. There's a mix of both the government and their people being capable of the most asinine reasoning for their hatred towards a group, and at the same time, people are also a force of good with lending a helping hand.

Negativity sells, but if you look a little closely and beyond the everyday heat and fire of politics, there's always a solace in little things and gestures. We might not be able to erase racism as an ideology, and not everything will become peachy in a day, but we can certainly make a difference for our local community, for our neighbors, and just being excellent to people around. ^^

Fear is a powerful force, but so is love and proper knowledge. Easier said than done? Maybe. But we should at least try.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Thu May 21, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Neanderthaland
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Neanderthaland » Thu May 21, 2020 7:42 pm

Green October Z wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:I hate hatred. I think it's pretty simple as that! :P

I hate hate >:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsxhMAnglaE
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

VVerkia
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby VVerkia » Thu May 21, 2020 8:22 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Of course, evaluating a little further, I know that racism and discrimination usually don't pop out of thin air. I mean sure, there are those that simply hates someone for having a particular skin color (I am not pointing fingers here; just general observation IRL), but most of the issues of hatred, as the title of the thread, have some underlying problem underneath. Does that make racism and discrimination justifiable? Hell no. Never.

Maybe you have some resentment towards a particular group of people, maybe it's from wartime in particular. Or their government. Or the recent viral outbreak. It's easier than done, but it's never ever right to me to hate someone just because of their race, religion, language, nationality, etc. I sound like that guy who preaches about peace all the time, and yes, I am indeed a person who takes peace as an option for a lot of the time.

Going back to the issue at hand with specific examples instead of talking about myself, it is unfortunate that China is the recent victim of discrimination, and that is a matter of circumstances. A very trying time for everyone involved - people are tired, afraid, angry, all sorts of emotions, and fear is a very, very powerful tool and force that drives ideologies (good or bad) forward. How would we, a random person on the internet that people probably never heard that we exist, deal with that? Maybe some love, perhaps. ♥ The government can be awful, some people can be awful. But the Chinese (even the PRC), most of the people are innocent and fearful of their own lives, just like us.

The world news is a damning place where all hopes more or less come to die. Negativity sells, after all. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy nut, I always tell most people that for the most parts, no country or people are absolutely good, but they are not absolutely evil as well. There's a mix of both the government and their people being capable of the most asinine reasoning for their hatred towards a group, and at the same time, people are also a force of good with lending a helping hand.

Negativity sells, but if you look a little closely and beyond the everyday heat and fire of politics, there's always a solace in little things and gestures. We might not be able to erase racism as an ideology, and not everything will become peachy in a day, but we can certainly make a difference for our local community, for our neighbors, and just being excellent to people around. ^^

Fear is a powerful force, but so is love and proper knowledge. Easier said than done? Maybe. But we should at least try.

+1 <<(this is solace in little things and gestures ;) )

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General